***Official St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Not bad on the face of it. Unfortunately getting outplayed by Ross County and Hamilton at home puts more pressure on you to get these results. The air-heads won't realise that though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rick witter

• pettigrewsstylist

• Mikey1874

• Hearts007

11 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Could you be more pacific?

To all intensive purposes, no.

Edited by Morgan

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Meh

Beat Killie next and its 7 from 9 so probably what we might have expected before the hibs game. 

We are just simply clueless when it comes to breaking down teams who are solid and sit-in. 

We needed 6 points from the game today and Killie to get back on track. I knew we wouldn’t get them as I said. In fact we won’t beat Killie at home either we have a shocking record against them. I can see another protest after that game. 

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

I’m not a troll and I won’t apologise for wanting better for the team. We are going nowhere under Levein!! He will be sacked this season as the bad results will just keep coming until he is forced out. I just wish Ann had done it after Motherwell to give us a chance to salvage the season. 6th is the very very best we will achieve. 

Spot on, Levein's a poor manager with a poor record.

Brighton Jambo

I will judge this result after next Saturday.  If we beat Kilmarnock at home having taken 4 points from two away games then I will be satisfied with 7 from 9 including two away games.  That and into semi finals.  

The regroup get some some players back and we go into international break okay.

Fail to win and things look a lot bleaker 

9 minutes ago, Archie White said:

I wonder what the Levein spin will be on this one. We took a lot out of ourselves on Wednesday night; The injuries upset our rythmn; Always a difficult place to come to;  We had the chances but were unlucky with finishing; we should have had a penalty. What about, We are just f##king pish.

Every single one of those reasons is a valid one.

Just now, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Not bad on the face of it. Unfortunately getting outplayed by Ross County and Hamilton at home puts more pressure on you to get these results. The air-heads won't realise that though.

County, Hamilton, Motherwell, St Mirren = 0 wins well done Craig 👍🏻

13 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Get out of this club you absolute clown!!!! We are going nowhere under your leadership. 

Pish tactics, constant tinkering with the team. Just **** off!!!! 

Always a silver lining.

6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Maybe just maybe if we had a decent striker we could nick games like this but sadly we are stuck with the crap we have.

Well, Lafferty was available, Cummins was training with us. Maybe not the ideal strikers you'd want but the types that could nick a goal in tight matches like this one was. Shankland scored his 14th already. Players out there, we don't sign them.

maroonedinbriz

It's all down to perspective. If you think we're in a relegation scrap a point away from home is ok. If you think we should be scrapping for a Euro place it was total sh**e.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, rick witter said:

County, Hamilton, Motherwell, St Mirren = 0 wins well done Craig 👍🏻

Aye Motherwell too. 

3 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Really surprised folk are just accepting a draw at St Mirren.  Expectations really have went south.

Our last league win in Paisley was 2010.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't see why it's relevant but yes I was, enjoyed it too.

We weren't amazing but we were nowhere near clueless, even my sheep mates acknowledged we 100% deserved the win. 

Shame some Hearts fans can't bring themselves to do the same.

Some folk still seem to be willing us to get beat to force a change of manager.

3 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Really surprised folk are just accepting a draw at St Mirren.  Expectations really have went south.

Exactly.

Its the level of the standard Happy clapper that appears to follow us these days, Since Budge took over we have a group of fans who would accept anything in front of them as "we were in administration" 

A section of the support has become a soft touch that accepts mediocrity as standard and their ltimate goal is to beat Hibs. Its tragic.

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I will judge this result after next Saturday.  If we beat Kilmarnock at home having taken 4 points from two away games then I will be satisfied with 7 from 9 including two away games.  That and into semi finals.  

The regroup get some some players back and we go into international break okay.

Fail to win and things look a lot bleaker 

I would say that’s a fair comment. If we can beat Killie but you just can’t see it happening. 

17 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

To think people throw money away at this team for no return. I don't know how much more of this pish yous can take. Might aswell set your wallets on fire. If two million pound plus players from the Manchester clubs can't beat st Morten the games a bogey just give up and find something else to do with your time. 8000 people getting taken for mugs and they just sit and nod away over spreadsheets. Can I have the old Hearts back someday??

Is that the one that bounced regularly between the top and second tiers?  Or the one that finished 8th while spending amounts of money that led to administration?  Or maybe the one that took only two points from the first seven league games, including a 4-1 defeat at Aberdeen, a 4-1 defeat at home to Partick and a 5-0 defeat at Dundee United in successive games? 

Nostalgic for those days, are you? 

Edited by FarmerTweedy

7 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I’m not a troll and I won’t apologise for wanting better for the team. We are going nowhere under Levein!! He will be sacked this season as the bad results will just keep coming until he is forced out. I just wish Ann had done it after Motherwell to give us a chance to salvage the season. 6th is the very very best we will achieve. 

Dont apologise. You are spot on, sadly your airing your views on the wrong platform. 

A point away from home, haven't lost ground on Celtic who could only manage a point against the worst team in the world. 

A decent result all round then. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, maroonedinbriz said:

It's all down to perspective. If you think we're in a relegation scrap a point away from home is ok. If you think we should be scrapping for a Euro place it was total sh**e.

It is down to perspective. The result would have been acceptable if we won our games at home against shite but we didn't.

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Always a silver lining.

Cmon Frank you must now want change man. We just can’t keep going like this it’s been almost a full Callander year of shite. 

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Every single one of those reasons is a valid one.

That’s what I thought. Point away from home. Is that our first clean sheet this season? I’m not self harming TBH.

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Is that the one that bounced regularly between the top and second tiers?  Or the one that finished 8th while spending amounts of money that led to administration?  Or maybe the one that took only two points from the first seven league games, including a 4-1 defeat at Aberdeen, a 4-1 defeat at home to Partick and a 5-0 defeat at Dundee United in successive games? 

Nostalgic for those days, are you? 

Why not expect better though? Your happy to accept shite like that today because of something that happened in the 80s? :rofl:

Halkett has medial ligament damage. I've had that, several years on it still gives me occasional pain when I'm on the hills. He'll be out for a while. Fecks sake.

2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Exactly.

Its the level of the standard Happy clapper that appears to follow us these days, Since Budge took over we have a group of fans who would accept anything in front of them as "we were in administration" 

A section of the support has become a soft touch that accepts mediocrity as standard and their ltimate goal is to beat Hibs. Its tragic.

We have not won there since 2010 apparently so it’s cool mate.

19 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Get out of this club you absolute clown!!!! We are going nowhere under your leadership. 

Pish tactics, constant tinkering with the team. Just **** off!!!! 

Completely OTT. We beat Hibs and we knocked out Aberdeen. And while we're not very good, no-one else outside the OF is either.

This season could implode within a couple of weeks - or alternatively, be a slow burner in which we gradually move up the table. If we're now in a situation in which whenever we fail to win a football match, Levein is an "absolute clown" who needs to "just **** off", that's pretty silly tbh. 

Edited by shaun.lawson

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

Dont apologise. You are spot on, sadly your airing your views on the wrong platform. 

I just want someone in who can get more out of what is a talented squad. 

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Well, Lafferty was available, Cummins was training with us. Maybe not the ideal strikers you'd want but the types that could nick a goal in tight matches like this one was. Shankland scored his 14th already. Players out there, we don't sign them.

Nope. Wighton and Washington pse.

Leveins Battalion

Craig will be gone sooner rather than later,however until then we will stumble along picking up the odd win here and there.That is the sad reality,now he has made the semi final he will get till then so no point in moaning about it.

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

A point away from home, haven't lost ground on Celtic who could only manage a point against the worst team in the world. 

Don’t think we’ll catch Celtic mate😂

2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

You're not wrong, several of them have turned out for the first team this calendar year.

WheatfieldWarrior
2 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Gained a point on the sheep.

10 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

It's a poor result for us as it keeps us in a relegation scrap. I still think we need another striker to have as an option. 

Fair result for two sides of a similar standard ....🙁

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
8 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Largely agree. 

It reeks of that tendency with some Scottish fans to see the OF out in front and the rest just all the same. Just as Celtic would be disappointed with a draw at Pittodrie, we should be disappointed with a draw at St Mirren. 

I've never been in a Hearts dressing room but I've seen enough of CL demeanour and heard enough of his words over the years to suspect that his sports psychology is just off the charts brutal. Must be soul destroying being a player that wants to reach higher under him. 

Just now, Gigolo-Aunt said:

We have not won there since 2010 apparently so it’s cool mate.

Oh really? Never knew that. Totally acceptable result and level of performance then. :locke:

I will get a bit of flack here but we have just had to hard games in a week and St Mirren have had some good results at home this season already so I am happy with a point mind you if we loss to Killie next week we will be back to square one.

1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

Completely OTT. We beat Hibs and we knocked out Aberdeen. And while we're not very good, no-one else outside the OF is either.

This season could implode within a couple of weeks - or alternatively, be a slow burner in which we gradually move up the table. If we're now in a situation in which whenever we fail to win a football match, Levein is an "absolute clown" who needs to "just **** off", that's pretty silly tbh, 

We are 7 points behind Motherwell and 6 behind Aberdeen already!!! After 7 games. Do you think we have the ability to claw that back!!! 

The pressure is going to be massive on the players and manager for the next home game. 

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

Looks like a few won't be heading out for a pint tonight, oh the shame and embarrassment  :rofl:

You'll be out though, decent result for Hibs today unlike last week.

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Who could forget it and what it meant at the end of the season?

It's a game I'll never forget.

Just now, rick witter said:

We are 7 points behind Motherwell and 6 behind Aberdeen already!!! After 7 games. Do you think we have the ability to claw that back!!! 

The pressure is going to be massive on the players and manager for the next home game. 

There's always pressure in football. And yes, I do. I'm not seeing anything from the non-OF sides above us to fear. It's total mediocrity all round. 

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I think Shankland is on 16 now, he scored a hatrick today.  We could have got him for buttons.

At least we got a clean sheet for a change.  Did we play back 4 or 3?

3 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Exactly.

There are also a section of fans who seem to think we challenge for 2nd season after season. We don’t. We occasionally split the OF and win the big cup. 

Should we want more? Totally but it’s not the norm for us.

The injury situation is ******* ridiculous and I honestly don’t know if it’s poor preparation etc but I’ve never seen anything like it.

Ive been me holidays since 16th September. If you’d have told me when I left we’d beat Hibs at the Methadrome, knock the Sheep out of the cup and keep a clean sheet at St Midden Id have bit yer hand off. Sorry not sorry

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

How do you  deal with life on a daily basis?

10 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

For a while I thought it was an age thing, maybe it's just that kids are impatient and expect 90 minutes of fireworks and 5-0 wins every week or they're demanding blood. 

But it seems to be mostly guys who've stayed loyal through much, much worse over the years. Maybe it's a reaction to the united positivity at the start of the Budge era and the raised expectations that came with it, I don't know.

Edited by Smithee