• rick witter

• pettigrewsstylist

• Mikey1874

• Hearts007

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Jonathan Sutherland

BBC Sport Scotland

St Mirren keep the same side that drew 0-0 with Hamilton Academical last weekend. Clearly Jim Goodwin’s side are doing something right, they are good at keeping goals out. But scoring goals is the big problem. Junior Morias leads the line, but he is yet to score for Saints and the Paisley side are the lowest scorers in the division.

On the positive side for Saints, no Hearts side has won here in the league since 2010.

You don't just turn up and win. 

I know there is no guarantee in football but our squad is better than theirs and so far we are coming up short. Second half to come so it is up to us to win a game we are surely capable of. 

Just now, sadj said:

Fitness levels are far higher now its much more scientifically done than it was back then. With higher fitness levels brings an easier chance of picking up knocks. 

With the much more physical game back then brought a greater chance of picking up knocks and serious injury, less fitness levels then and players playing whilst less hydrated etc would mean more muscle injury surely

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Eh? this is Hearts, you get 20 games to get match fit, another 10 to find your form, another 10 or so to get your confidence up. Then its time to sort out contract extension.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Fitness levels are far higher now its much more scientifically done than it was back then. With higher fitness levels brings an easier chance of picking up knocks. 

We must be fit as **** then as we pick up knocks in every single match!!!! 

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I know there is no guarantee in football but our squad is better than theirs and so far we are coming up short. Second half to come so it is up to us to win a game we are surely capable of. 

Not convinced of that !

1 minute ago, gedster said:

With the much more physical game back then brought a greater chance of picking up knocks and serious injury, less fitness levels then and players playing whilst less hydrated etc would mean more muscle injury surely

Not necessarily , lower fitness but still fit , you are also used to the physicality of it back then. Less hydrated doesn’t always apply imo.

now players are in a place where fitness is on its limits so the slightest thing and it goes 

15 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The injuries must be the worst amount of injuries this club has ever had

Last season was horrendous too.

By my count we have had 10 in game injuries this season all to regular first team starters.

Not only does it **** up our starting line up it deprives us of tactical subs later on.

Edited by Jammy T

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

Hat trick now by that no useless forward Dhankland. 

Has scored more already than all our forwards will score combined this season. 

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

Hat trick now by that no useless forward Dhankland. 

No point fantasising him at Hearts, he'd have broken his leg in the league opener

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not necessarily , lower fitness but still fit , you are also used to the physicality of it back then. Less hydrated doesn’t always apply imo.

now players are in a place where fitness is on its limits so the slightest thing and it goes 

So if we just get a little less fit we should move rapidly up the league table?

19 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Folk blaming CL for injuries now. 

**** this, I’m out.  

Staff with degrees in sports science, physiotherapy and a host of other medical expertise... all rubbished by a few bams  on JKB. 

It's like Animal Farm on here. The experts are the bams and the bams are the experts. Empty vessels and all that.

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Hat trick now by that no good useless forward Shankland. 

Not Hearts standard. Fitness levels also in doubt. 🤣

A_A wehatethehibs
10 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

Moved beyond that to what?

Who knows. As I’ve said we need to try getting the Shamans in, get the Buddhist monks in that blessed Leicester’s pitch. Get the Archbishop of Canterbury in to perform some prayers. We must have disturbed some ancient burial ground when we built our new stand or maybe it’s up at the Oriam, maybe it was built on the tomb of some ancient Pictish king who was a Hibs fan. We’ve got more scientists than NASA working on the fitness of our players, yet can hardly get 11 on the park! 

4 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

So if we just get a little less fit we should move rapidly up the league table?

Not saying that either. 

Personally i would be seriously reviewing the sports scientists work and looking at what they are being taught asked to do in the gym. The hamstrings shouldn’t be going the way they are.  

Just now, TheOak88 said:

My expectations are so low with this Hearts side I would actually be relatively happy if we hold on for a point here. 

A clean sheet would be an improvement defensively. 

Poor in attack though.

Just now, TheOak88 said:

My expectations are so low with this Hearts side I would actually be relatively happy if we hold on for a point here. 

It looking like a draw would be a good result. We can’t even muster a decent attempt at goal. Disgraceful that Levein is allowed to continue overseeing this dross!! 

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

We are up against utter, utter dross here aswell. We cant even test them.

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Should have had 2 pens.

Not getting them isn’t Levein’s fault IMO but I’m sure someone will have a view....

Rick no doubt ::troll::

It's all down to probability theorem...
When one player gets injured, the probability of another player getting injured remains exactly the same.
Injuries are usually spread out reasonable evenly amongst different clubs.
But just as someone could occasionally call a heads/tail choice correctly 10 times in a row, some clubs will occasionally have large glut of injuries over a relatively short period of time.
It's just bad luck.
The End.