***Official St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

9 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Support the team and hope it improves!!! 

What a shite attitude to have. Like the manager a bit. Keep playing and the next game it will improve. 

Why don’t we make it improve by getting someone else in??? 

For all their excuses,  the facts are that  Levein has been spending money like a drunken sailor on shore leave. 35 players in 2 years, supported by AB and to the detriment, temporarily,  of fitting out the remainder of the new stand. And , still, we are using injuries as a comfort blanket. Are bog standard players like Haring and Washington irreplaceable?? We have won 1 league game in 7 and have been unable to beat Ross County, Hamilron, Motherwell or St Mirren, 3 of them at home. Pathetic.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rick witter

• pettigrewsstylist

• Mikey1874

• Hearts007

8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

What a shite attitude to have. Like the manager a bit. Keep playing and the next game it will improve. 

Ok bash on mate. 

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

You have actually trawled through something I posted hours ago and are have a go at me because of a typo!!! Strange behaviour but you seem to do that often on this board to other posters also. I don’t resent any comments that are opinions about Hearts that’s why we all post here. Abuse yes I do resent that. 

Like another poster said earlier how you seem to get away with it is beyond me. 

A little confused aye ok 👍🏻 

I haven't trawled through anything but if I did, so what?  Are you now ashamed of what you submitted earlier not just here but in your never-ending onslaught on the club? 

13 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Who would you recommend?

45 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

We beat Aberdeen midweek. They got thrashed today. They are not a good side. 

We beat Motherwell a few weeks back when we had Halkett, Walker and Washington available. 

We have the players to finish above these sides should they stay fit and should Levein get them playing. 

The former is havig a huge effect on the latter. I think Levein will go if he can't get the best out of what is available.  The clock is ticking. Unlike you though, I think most "proper" Hearts fans hope he gets them playing. You seem to revel in our current struggles. 

This latest injury blow to one of our best players is just beyond the pale! Levein must now be tearing his hair out - I’m one of his biggest critics but really no Manager should have to put up with this shit!!!

So until we get Naismith, Haring, Soapy and Walker back there will be no more judgemental comments from me!

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

7 points from the last 42 now

That's horrendous for a club of our stature in the Scottish game

But if we got points for serious injuries we'd be top of the league.

Bit of a meh day but almost predictable. 

Toil to score goals is now becoming a bit of a bad habit long term. Something fundamentally wrong with the grounding of the team and it’s continual inability to get a footing in the game and go onto to win.  

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I haven't trawled through anything but if I did, so what?  Are you now ashamed of what you submitted earlier not just here but in your never-ending onslaught on the club? 

It’s fine mate I will take your abuse and petty attempts at insulting my intelligence. 

Im not ashamed of anything I have posted today and will not apologise for wanting better for Hearts. We will get a new man in eventually and it will be before the season is out. Ann will eventually  act when she sees we are going nowhere or when the fans force her to act. 

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

While most people sympathise, good managers look for solutions, not excuses. 

Thing is, I’m not even talking about the current situation. You could go back a year. 

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Bit of a meh day but almost predictable. 

Toil to score goals is now becoming a bit of a bad habit long term. Something fundamentally wrong with the grounding of the team and it’s continual inability to get a footing in the game and go onto to win.  

4th highest scorers in the league before today. 

The facts don't seem to support you.

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Who would you recommend?

I would recommend advertising the job and appointing the best of the applicants after an interview process with no input whatsoever from Craig Levein. 

The role of academy director can be Levein’s  new job. 

10 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

This latest injury blow to one of our best players is just beyond the pale! Levein must now be tearing his hair out - I’m one of his biggest critics but really no Manager should have to put up with this shit!!!

So until we get Naismith, Haring, Soapy and Walker back there will be no more judgemental comments from me!

Good man. 

Now is not the time to be picking fault with the manager OR the players. 

It's time for us all to get behind the team. 

7 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I would recommend advertising the job and appointing the best of the applicants after an interview process with no input whatsoever from Craig Levein. 

So you're not going to admit to being one of those that wanted Tommy Wright to replace Levein then?

How is it working out for Tommy?

8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

FFS There is no position in the academy, Roger Arnott has that role. 

10 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

4th highest scorers in the league before today. 

The facts don't seem to support you.

Think the point misses you. Where are we in the league?

3 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

image.thumb.png.b36d0fa16ab8b4a50a4f29bb5c3efff6.png

A quick glance over our recent history with St Mirren would suggest that a draw in Paisley is not the calamity some would suggest.  Particularly when achieved without 6 of our (arguably) first pick players (out injured because Levein makes them gargle medicine balls and sprint in acid baths - or something).

Get the champagne out.

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Think the point misses you. Where are we in the league?

Apologies.

When you said, and I quote, "Toil to score goals is now becoming a bit of a bad habit long term." I thought that you were intimating that we struggle to score goals.

Silly me! You obviously meant something else entirely. 

What was the point that you were trying to make?

32 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Fair play to you, it's frustrating as anything just now. 

6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Apologies.

When you said, and I quote, "Toil to score goals is now becoming a bit of a bad habit long term." I thought that you were intimating that we struggle to score goals.

Silly me! You obviously meant something else entirely. 

What was the point that you were trying to make?

In the last two seasons under the current management we’ve been 10th highest scorers in 17-18 and joint 7th highest last season.

The other point you conveniently missed was our inability to grab games by the scruff and go onto win. A rarity for a Hearts team these days. 

4th highest after a handful of games. What an accolade.  How many games have we won or managed to get in front? 

Just now, Smithee said:

Fair play to you, it's frustrating as anything just now. 

I just think it’s getting beyond a joke Smithee - no point in criticising Levein’s selections or tactics when he is relentlessly getting hammered by these bad injuries to our best players! I was sick as a pig when I heard Halket’s injury could be a season ender!!

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I just think it’s getting beyond a joke Smithee - no point in criticising Levein’s selections or tactics when he is relentlessly getting hammered by these bad injuries to our best players! I was sick as a pig when I heard Halket’s injury could be a season ender!!

Yeah that one stings 

33 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Good man. 

Now is not the time to be picking fault with the manager OR the players. 

It's time for us all to get behind the team. 

I think encouragement should be taken from the fact that the sheep were beaten. I think Hearts are better than them and they still have to be posited as at least 4th best not including Hearts.

The hiding they got today can't be viewed as an indication of how bad they are but just a simple demonstration of the gulf between the OF and the rest of the league. They also did pretty much the same thing to hubz and will likely repeat it multiple times through the season to random victims.

I feel if the injury crisis was abated that Hearts could make as high as third this season. 

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I think encouragement should be taken from the fact that the sheep were beaten. I think Hearts are better than them and they still have to be posited as at least 4th best not including Hearts.

The hiding they got today can't be viewed as an indication of how bad they are but just a simple demonstration of the gulf between the OF and the rest of the league. They also did pretty much the same thing to hubz and will likely repeat it multiple times through the season to random victims.

I feel if the injury crisis was abated that Hearts could make as high as third this season. 

Agreed. 

We have been the better team in both games against Aberdeen this season.

It's still very much early days in the season, if we can get a few players back soon there's no reason why we can't push on up the table.

46 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you think injuries were the reason we failed to beat Ross County, Hamilton and Motherwell at home.

2 hours ago, rick witter said:

It’s not current though is it. It’s been going on for a year now. 

We drew with Aberdeen and beat them on penalties. If it was a league game it would be another home game without a win!!! 

it wasn't a league game though and we won

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Yeah that, or if you got more points for losses and draws, we'd be top of the league too.

:rudi:

The 2010 stat exaggerates slightly given that it’s only what 6 games prior to today and when we went back up, they went down.

We should be winning there, no excuses. They are relegation material.

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

It’s fine mate I will take your abuse and petty attempts at insulting my intelligence. 

Im not ashamed of anything I have posted today and will not apologise for wanting better for Hearts. We will get a new man in eventually and it will be before the season is out. Ann will eventually  act when she sees we are going nowhere or when the fans force her to act. 

Oh, the poor victim.

Once again, the same well worn shite.

Every club will get a new man in eventually.

Brighton Jambo

FFS he scored a Hat trick against a mid table championship side.  The over reaction on here is embarrassing.

Our recent past is littered with players that have scored for fun in the championship but couldn’t step up.  

Incidentally every other manager in the top flight and England’s lower tiers didn’t think he was worth a punt either.  Do they all have threads on him too, I bet not! 

Did we not do that the last time?  Who did you want then?

Who the hell do you think you are saying there should be no input from anyone or what job CL should do?  Where are you going to put Roger Arnott?

You appear to have a deep sense of entitlement.  I'm sure Mrs B will not need help from you when the time comes to change things

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Do you think injuries were the reason we failed to beat Ross County, Hamilton and Motherwell at home.

You obviously don't.  That would not suit your agenda.

As it happens I do believe we would have beaten them but that can only be a best guess.

33 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

FFS he scored a Hat trick against a mid table championship side.  The over reaction on here is embarrassing.

Our recent past is littered with players that have scored for fun in the championship but couldn’t step up.  

Incidentally every other manager in the top flight and England’s lower tiers didn’t think he was worth a punt either.  Do they all have threads on him too, I bet not! 

I'm not advocating for Shankland but hubz have a thread on him. LOL

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?332618-Lawrence-shankland&s=037c4ee62f141475bdebffa16dbbeb25

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'd like to congratulate this game for being so boring that I fell asleep just into the second half. Seems I missed feck all.

Anyway, another shite result and yet another week of mid-table mediocrity, the new gold standard for Heart of Midlothian.

Forever Hearts
12 hours ago, Bauld said:

Not a good performance but this is our 3rd game in less than a week.

We have played an intense derby game, 120 minutes of cup football(look what happened to the sheep today) and now a game away against a team who don't concede many and we haven't won in the league against since 2010.

A point isn't a disaster today all things considered.

Why do you and others keep rolling that pathetic, defeatist, nonsensical line out? We haven't won there in nine years so we should just carry on accepting draws and defeats despite having superior players and a far bigger budget? Get a grip. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Why do you and others keep rolling that pathetic, defeatist, nonsensical line out? We haven't won there in nine years so we should just carry on accepting draws and defeats despite having superior players and a far bigger budget? Get a grip. 

The poster has played the game professionally so knows his onions ^_^

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You obviously don't.  That would not suit your agenda.

As it happens I do believe we would have beaten them but that can only be a best guess.

If we had done this, if we had done that!!! 

IF we didn’t have all these injuries we would have beaten everyone!!! 

Get a grip man. Mediocrity is the norm now and having a good team is always just around the corner. 

The Real Maroonblood
32 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Get a grip man. Mediocrity is the norm now and having a good team is always just around the corner. 

:spoton:

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'd like to congratulate this game for being so boring that I fell asleep just into the second half. Seems I missed feck all.

Anyway, another shite result and yet another week of mid-table mediocrity, the new gold standard for Heart of Midlothian.

What is this mediocrity you speak off?

You do realise we were in administration and we haven't won their since 2010?

Great result imo. :rofl:

Edited by Walter Bishop

Mediocrity is the inability to distinguish between a date chart and a town in Scotland.  Sort that out before you start telling people to get a grip.

The norm is your one track posts all heavily laced with negativity.

Hearts supporter?  Fair weather, maybe.

5 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

What is this mediocrity you speak off?

You do realise we were in administration and we haven't won their since 2010?

Great result imo.

Its a great result because we haven’t won there in a long time and didn’t win this time either. With the budget and resources of st mirren I suppose a draw is the best we could’ve hoped for. 

Some folk old just have no ambition for the team passed the mediocre.

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, GinRummy said:

Its a great result because we haven’t won there in a long time and didn’t win this time either. With the budget and resources of st mirren I suppose a draw is the best we could’ve hoped for. 

Nah, it's a sign of how soft we've become nowadays that we are happy to accept a draw in Paisley.  Back in the halcyon days we used to never accept such travesties and that's why our record is..oh wait.  Remember when Burley was sacked and we eh...did...we did do something, right?

If anyone brings up our historical record in Paisley I'll just accuse them of accepting failure.  Even though it contradicts my point about us becoming soft, I'll just bang on and on about it like a tedious trolling *****.

I might even go as far to pretend everyone is delighted about yesterday's point.

4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

This

1 minute ago, WageThief said:

Nah, it's a sign of how soft we've become nowadays that we are happy to accept a draw in Paisley.  Back in the halcyon days we used to never accept such travesties and that's why our record is..oh wait.  Remember when Burley was sacked and we eh...did...we did do something, right?

If anyone brings up our historical record in Paisley I'll just accuse them of accepting failure.  Even though it contradicts my point about us becoming soft, I'll just bang on and on about it like a tedious trolling *****.

I might even go as far to pretend everyone is delighted about yesterday's point.

Genuinely no idea what you’re banging on about.

7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The sun on my face in the first half was nice. Pleasant for this time of year.

Apart from that...nothing !

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Mediocrity is the inability to distinguish between a date chart and a town in Scotland.  Sort that out before you start telling people to get a grip.

The norm is your one track posts all heavily laced with negativity.

Hearts supporter?  Fair weather, maybe.

Cracking response Al 👍🏻

When we get all our players back we will be top of the league won’t we pal. 

Just like last season when after the winter break we were much improved when our great new striker came in and we got our injured players back. It’s always just around the corner eh!! 

Cant wait for your next typo by the way. 

Same old from the children on here. Tears and snotters!

You guys should try happy clapping. - you might enjoy it. It would certainly make this thread less tedious.

5 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Cant wait to celebrate a 0-0 at Livingston based on the fact we have not won a top flight game there in 13 years.