***Official St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

A lot more of this pish to come. Supporters  now seem resigned to Levein staying on and players still looking like they dont know or understand the game plan.

It's a sad it's come to this. But not unexpected, considering the board have decided to stick with the current management.

It's a shame really. So much promise ruined by the chairowmans stubbornness.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rick witter

• pettigrewsstylist

• Mikey1874

• Hearts007

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Somewhere we haven’t won since 2010. Not sure what planet people are living on where they expect us to rock up and batter them...

0-0. Meh. 

Not a great source of comfort really.

Two injuries, should have had two penalties, were the better team. 3rd game in 7 days after two very draining games. Not won in Paisley in 9 years. It's not exactly the worst result.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

End of a testing week with a patchwork side. 

If we are raging at that imagine how Celtic feel. 

If only a spreadsheet makes a difference 

Not a bad result I guess. 

Should eventually be going to places like this expecting to win, but a point, a clean sheet.

Need some serious work re attacking plays in training.

I wonder what the Levein spin will be on this one. We took a lot out of ourselves on Wednesday night; The injuries upset our rythmn; Always a difficult place to come to;  We had the chances but were unlucky with finishing; we should have had a penalty. What about, We are just f##king pish.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Get out of this club you absolute clown!!!! We are going nowhere under your leadership. 

Pish tactics, constant tinkering with the team. Just **** off!!!! 

Take your own advice. 

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ffs , one of those days with the chances we are missing or not getting on the end of. Should of won this game with the chances we have missed. 😑

Meh for the 2 points dropped.

Can I be the first to say HAVE, FFS...HAVE!!!

We managed to dig out the result in the previous 2 games but little has really changed. The result today is a reflection of where we are, a team that scuffles and scraps but has no real definable style of play. This is always going to hurt us from an attacking perspective but at least we have stopped shooting ourselves in the foot and kept a clean sheet. People can moan about injuries all they want but with this coaching staff we will not progress irrespective of who is in the team.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sorted the defence. 

Now if we can just get the goals. 

Screenshot_20190928_165412_com.android.chrome.jpg

a st mirren team that had scored 3 goals in 6 league games.  Wouldn't get too excited about the clean sheet.

1 minute ago, Boof said:

Meh for the 2 points dropped.

Can I be the first to say HAVE, FFS...HAVE!!!

"Should have won this game with the chances we of missed" 

Is that any better?

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Take your own advice. 

Put him on ignore. He is just a troll and not worth the warnings from the mods

5 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

To think people throw money away at this team for no return. I don't know how much more of this pish yous can take. Might aswell set your wallets on fire. If two million pound plus players from the Manchester clubs can't beat st mirren the games a bogey just give up and find something else to do with your time. 8000 people getting taken for mugs and they just sit and nod away over spreadsheets. Can I have the old Hearts back someday??

Spot on mate. People accepting this as a good point is embarrassing. I’m not expecting us to be smashing them but wee should be getting a win here. The tactics are all wrong. Don’t know why we play Morrison and Mulraney as wing backs . Set the formation up to the best players we have available.

1 minute ago, Hearts_fan said:

Two first-half injuries didn't exactly help.

There must be something wrong behind the scenes these injuries cant just be bad luck

4 minutes ago, Sydney said:

We should have battered them.  Mind when JC got a hattrick and we won 6-0.

And remember when they beat us 6-2? can anyone play this game?

It is far from the worst considering the games we have had over the week. 

However I always felt today was a nailed on Hearts 0. Despite getting the results against Hibs and Aberdeen nothing has changed. We are brutal. 

The reality is Levein is here to the end of the season at which point his contract won’t be renewed. We just need to hope we get players back from injury soon and stop getting injuries from here. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

We were clueless against Aberdeen?

Yeah, very. Were you at the game? How many times did Berra hold onto the ball not knowing what to do, looking to bench for guidance then launching up to Uche. We were terrible on Wednesday, dont kid yourself on. 

The players look lost, there is no consistency in the tactics (Regardless of injuries) we have no creative players and we have not addressed the lack of pace in the team for years now. 

If the be all and end all for you is beating Hibs then i can see why your happy. 

Two first-half injuries didn't exactly help.

We certainly don’t have any luck as far as injuries are concerned. Finished the game with a very patched up side.  

Not a good performance but this is our 3rd game in less than a week.

We have played an intense derby game, 120 minutes of cup football(look what happened to the sheep today) and now a game away against a team who don't concede many and we haven't won in the league against since 2010.

A point isn't a disaster today all things considered.

"Should have won this game with the chances we of missed" 

Is that any better?

Not really.

Lucille's Thirsty

I just expect much more but in the end my apathy towards this manager I expect us to stumble for inconsistent result to another. 

I still want him gone

All roads lead to Gorgie

Not really much improvement in our league form but at least we managed to keep a clean sheet I suppose. Still a disappointing result though! 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

The White for Meshino sub looks ****ing terrible against a team that has scored so few goals, unless there was a knock or something. Was Meshino hurt?

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

Yeah, very. Were you at the game? How many times did Berra hold onto the ball not knowing what to do, looking to bench for guidance then launching up to Uche. We were terrible on Wednesday, dont kid yourself on. 

The players look lost, there is no consistency in the tactics (Regardless of injuries) we have no creative players and we have not addressed the lack of pace in the team for years now. 

If the be all and end all for you is beating Hibs then i can see why your happy. 

Agreed. Getting the result always make you feel better but the reality is both a hearts and Aberdeen were brutal on Wednesday. 

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Put him on ignore. He is just a troll and not worth the warnings from the mods

I’m not a troll and I won’t apologise for wanting better for the team. We are going nowhere under Levein!! He will be sacked this season as the bad results will just keep coming until he is forced out. I just wish Ann had done it after Motherwell to give us a chance to salvage the season. 6th is the very very best we will achieve. 

6 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Get out of this club you absolute clown!!!! We are going nowhere under your leadership. 

Pish tactics, constant tinkering with the team. Just **** off!!!! 

The tinkering with the team is really riling me up.

If there was ever a game to just keep it simple it was today. Yeh rest Berra but just bring in Dikomona. Same team as Wednesday then see what happens.

Instead Levein tries to be smart and play a random formation.

Meh

Beat Killie next and its 7 from 9 so probably what we might have expected before the hibs game. 

We are just simply clueless when it comes to breaking down teams who are solid and sit-in. 

Just now, Walter Bishop said:

I don't see why it's relevant but yes I was, enjoyed it too.

We weren't amazing but we were nowhere near clueless, even my sheep mates acknowledged we 100% deserved the win. 

Shame some Hearts fans can't bring themselves to do the same.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

And remember when they beat us 6-2? can anyone play this game?

Who could forget it and what it meant at the end of the season?

A_A wehatethehibs

1 minute ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

The White for Meshino sub looks ****ing terrible against a team that has scored so few goals, unless there was a knock or something. Was Meshino hurt?

Meshi was ineffectual so I guess the thinking was get an extra man out wide to try and get crosses in. 

Just now, Smithee said:

I don't see why it's relevant but yes I was, enjoyed it too.

We weren't amazing but we were nowhere near clueless, even my sheep mates acknowledged we 100% deserved the win. 

Shame some Hearts fans can't bring themselves to do the same.

If that makes you happy, carry on.