• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rick witter

• pettigrewsstylist

• Mikey1874

• Hearts007

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

We needed 6 points from the game today and Killie to get back on track. I knew we wouldn’t get them as I said. In fact we won’t beat Killie at home either we have a shocking record against them. I can see another protest after that game. 

Oh aye, we were never winning today :lol:

To be honest, just accepting that, barring a ridiculous run of defeats, Levein will be here til the end of the season. I think we will just be annoyingly inconsistent and finish around 5th at best. 

6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Want to bet on it ?

I think things will be quiet on a reply

I can't believe we have effectively written off 3 full seasons in the name of indulging Levein and his "project". He digs out Derby wins at ER but can't do it at Tynie, has benefited from a hell of a lot of luck in the cup draws but, as always throughout his career,  can't find a way to win in Glasgow.  We are only delaying the inevitable in postponing the search for a manager that will drive us forward. AB has proved herself unwilling or incapable of taking the tough decisions so, ineveitably,  it will be parked until the fans take over.

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

We didn't fail. We drew.

Not sure if you are being serious or not. You do know certain draws can be regarded as failure for a club like hearts?

4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

It’s not just about today though. 

There was a chance after the cup final to have a clean start. Get a fresh team in. We didn’t do it and ended up bottom of the league. Agree injuries are crippling us now. 

Stop living in the past, it was what it was. Today we were severely hampered by injuries to 7 key players. 

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I can't believe we have effectively written off 3 full seasons in the name of indulging Levein and his "project". He digs out Derby wins at ER but can't do it at Tynie, has benefited from a hell of a lot of luck in the cup draws but, as always throughout his career,  can't find a way to win in Glasgow.  We are only delaying the inevitable in postponing the search for a manager that will drive us forward. AB has proved herself unwilling or incapable of taking the tough decisions so, ineveitably,  it will be parked until the fans take over.

Similar to Rick, Enzo, stop living in the past, it was what it was. Next sat is 100 times more important than last three years that you keep going on about. 

8 minutes ago, WageThief said:

What did people used to do to show their disgust and dissatisfaction with an away point at St Mirren?

Oh dear, another whose lifespan only revolves around the previous 12 hours, back to cuddling your teddy bear.

19 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Want to bet on it ?

I think things will be quiet on a reply

I don't bet, but come back to me in a few months time by all means. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t want to turn this into a budge/Levein thread. A draw against st mirren is totally unacceptable. More so given the context of our awful league form this season.

We've had an incredible amount of totally unacceptable results against them.  And even more defeats which is even worse than totally unacceptable.

Thank god back in the old days we had fans who cared and who'd never accept us having a terrible historical record away in Paisley.  Woe betide these days.

A poor performance today. MacLean should score but we failed to create many chances throughout the match. Very much rode our luck at times as well given the sitter they missed in the first half. Not good enough. Feel so sorry for Uche as he really has to do all the work up there on his own. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Stop living in the past, it was what it was. Today we were severely hampered by injuries to 7 key players. 

That sweet comfort blanket of the injuries. 

We are a dreadful side with a manager who is finished. More fans should see that, but are now happy to accept mediocrity. 

A lot of these injuries are clearly down to mismanagement and the backups are shite. That comes down to Levein.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

We were playing st mirren for goodness sake. Would you swap any st mirren players for any of our players? Not the worst result this season but either in the context off the season so far or as a game on its own it is not good enough.

14 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Did he say that? Please provide evidence.

P34 - shareholders meeting. That's Austin McCann, yeah. Looks lazy because an aspect of his game needs worked on - tracking back. 

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not sure if you are being serious or not. You do know certain draws can be regarded as failure for a club like hearts?

I don't think you can call a draw away from home to be a failure.

We were fine today. Disappointing but not disastrous result.

Halkett, Souttar, Garuccio, Haring, Walker, Naismith, Washington. Only need three more injuries to have a full outfield team. Unbelievable.

1 minute ago, gedster said:

Oh dear, another whose lifespan only revolves around the previous 12 hours, back to cuddling your teddy bear.

"lifespan only revolves" :lol:

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

P34 - shareholders meeting. That's Austin McCann, yeah. Looks lazy because an aspect of his game needs worked on - tracking back. 

Austin – He’s an enigma because the GPS units all the players wear show us that he runs further and runs the fastest for the longest every game yet gets called lazy and that’s where we need to alter the way he plays, when the ball is lost you need to get back after it, track your men etc.

He’s played and scored in the Championship in England and the stats show that based on physical capacity (I’m not sure what stats these were) Clare, Uche, Jake & Souttar are the 4 players in the squad that could make it to the very top.

We were playing st mirren for goodness sake. Would you swap any st mirren players for any of our players? Not the worst result this season but either in the context off the season so far or as a game on its own it is not good enough.

That’s the St Mirren that beat Aberdeen and only just lost to Rangers in Paisley. I know it wasn’t good enough today but injuries and some poor refereeing meant we were up against it today. Very difficult to criticise anyone today given effort expended in last six days plus the number of missing players. We finished the game with only 3/4 players that would start if we are injury-free. Regardless of anyone’s thoughts re Leveins capabilities he really is operating with one hand tied behind his back at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Thank god back in the old days we had fans who cared and who'd never accept us having a terrible historical record away in Paisley

What does this even mean?

When Hearts lost 6-2 there early in 1985/6, were you demanding Alex MacDonald's head on a platter? Do people who decry this "acceptance" think moaning about it on the internet makes a single shred of difference?

10 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

That sweet comfort blanket of the injuries. 

We are a dreadful side with a manager who is finished. More fans should see that, but are now happy to accept mediocrity. 

A lot of these injuries are clearly down to mismanagement and the backups are shite. That comes down to Levein.

What ones are down to Levein? 

Haring - no

Souter - no

Naismith - no

Halkett - no

Walker - no

Damour - maybe

Washington - maybe

i know where the shite is coming from (to use your language)

Edited by soonbe110

Just now, Getintaethem said:

In what parallel universe is a draw with St Mirren a good result?  Clubs that accept that sort of mediocrity don't win trophies.

Celtic drew at Hibs today, I suspect their ok with the point. 

Just now, Noah Claypole said:

Celtic drew at Hibs today, I suspect their ok with the point. 

No.  They'll be extremely disappointed to drop two points today.

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

When Hearts lost 6-2 there early in 1985/6, were you demanding Alex MacDonald's head on a platter? Do people who decry this "acceptance" think moaning about it on the internet makes a single shred of difference?

Doubt if anyone thinks moaning about it makes any difference, neither does accepting it, being apathetic about it or thinking it’s a fantastic result.  So what?

Malinga the Swinga

Good to see a return from the usual suspects after missing last 2 games. Almost as if they are willing us to draw or lose in order they can spout bile. Very strange supporters.

3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Rather odd attitude from someone who bases their entire persona on their internet utterances. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

What ones are down to Levein? 

Haring - no

Souter - no

Naismith - no

Halkett - no

Walker - no

Damour - maybe

Washington - maybe

i know where the shite is coming from (to use your language)

Naismith played against Hamilton when he clearly wasn't fit. Levein has already said that Haring shouldn't have played the cup final, and his injury has been mishandled. Souttar's is debatable.

If you really think we just have bad luck with injuries and that's it, you're deluded.

I'm pretty sure st mirren are paying top 6 wages, their chairman certainly believes they should be pushing for top 4, said so at the start of the season. It is obviously a poor result but nothing like some are making out.  

1 minute ago, Mike Tyson said:

Naismith played against Hamilton when he clearly wasn't fit. Levein has already said that Haring shouldn't have played the cup final, and his injury has been mishandled. Souttar's is debatable.

If you really think we just have bad luck with injuries and that's it, you're deluded.

If you think it's down to Levein you're an idiot.

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Similar to Rick, Enzo, stop living in the past, it was what it was. Next sat is 100 times more important than last three years that you keep going on about. 

I'm analysing Levein's record. By definition, that means looking at the past. Perhaps we should give every manager a clean slate once a week? There is an element of our support that can't get their head around the idea of accountability. None of you would survive 5 minutes supporting an English team, where proper governance and accountability exists. Not sure exactly what you mean by next Sat being 100 x more important than the last 3 years?? We have won 1 game in 7 in the league and it's a bottom 6 rival, but other than that it's a bog standard league game. 

10 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Austin – He’s an enigma because the GPS units all the players wear show us that he runs further and runs the fastest for the longest every game yet gets called lazy and that’s where we need to alter the way he plays, when the ball is lost you need to get back after it, track your men etc.

He’s played and scored in the Championship in England and the stats show that based on physical capacity (I’m not sure what stats these were) Clare, Uche, Jake & Souttar are the 4 players in the squad that could make it to the very top.

Is that actually a quote from Austin saying Mulraney could make it to the very top?

:cornette:

My heart sank when I saw the team today and realised we’d be playing a back 3 yet again. Absolutely no surprise to see we were completely ineffective in the wide positions going forward and that we created next to nothing from open play for most of the match.

Awful game between two awful teams. 

2 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

Honestly don't recall levein saying Haring's injury was mishandled, are you sure about that?

Souttar got injured playing for Scotland by the way. What debate is there to be had about that?

1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

Is that actually a quote from Austin saying Mulraney could make it to the very top?

Based on distance run, perhaps?

It sounds more like we have bought a dodgy batch of GPS units. 

Just now, TheOak88 said:

no, it's saying his body is physically able to. the problem is his brain and technical ability

It's all Leveins fault.

It's all his fault that 

Hearts had more posession away from home.

Hearts had more attempts away from home.

Hearts had more attempts on target away from home.

Hearts didn't allow St Mirren a single attempt on target.

Hearts had two  players injured on a heavily watered pitch.

Son of Dallas seemingly denied Hearts two strong penalty games.

Son of Dallas denied a number of clear fouls on Ikpeazu to go unpunished.

Yep, I blame Levein.

4 minutes ago, Heriot_jambo said:

no, it's saying his body is physically able to. the problem is his brain and technical ability

Was this at the HMSA thing?

I would have pished myself laughing had I been there if he said that. 

14 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

No.  They'll be extremely disappointed to drop two points today.

Lennon quote.

He said: “I’m not frustrated, we’re not going to win every game and we’re not going to blow teams away in every game. On paper, there is expectation before the game but I don’t expect to win. I believe we can and I want us to win but there are things that went against us today, i.e. the goal. The reaction is good and we really tried to force the issue in the second half but it just wasn’t to be."

Seems your talking Shite then. 

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

Lennon quote.

He said: “I’m not frustrated, we’re not going to win every game and we’re not going to blow teams away in every game. On paper, there is expectation before the game but I don’t expect to win. I believe we can and I want us to win but there are things that went against us today, i.e. the goal. The reaction is good and we really tried to force the issue in the second half but it just wasn’t to be."

Seems your talking Shite then. 

Neil Lennon isn’t Celtic just as Craig Levein isn’t hearts.

I'm so confused by this statement, what is levein if he isn't hearts? 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Neil Lennon certainly IS Celtic. Every single rank rotten piece of him is Celtic.

1 minute ago, Heriot_jambo said:

I'm so confused by this statement, what is levein if he isn't hearts? 

The manager isn’t the club. The club is made up of lots of people. By Noah quoting Lennon as not being frustrated by the result does not prove Celtic, players, other coaches etc are not disappointed.

33 minutes ago, WageThief said:

"lifespan only revolves" :lol:

merely, solely, etc etc, go swallow a thesaurus......insert word here for a clap clap happy happy clap clap soul