***Official St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Just now, GinRummy said:

The manager isn’t the club. The club is made up of lots of people. By Noah quoting Lennon as not being frustrated by the result does not prove Celtic, players, other coaches etc are not disappointed.

See I thought you meant their not fans, my bad

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rick witter

• pettigrewsstylist

• Mikey1874

• Hearts007

19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Honestly don't recall levein saying Haring's injury was mishandled, are you sure about that?

Souttar got injured playing for Scotland by the way. What debate is there to be had about that?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48940114&ved=2ahUKEwjC2tHJj_TkAhWRWhUIHRuEAlEQFjABegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0oTF-3ex4gqxZvcI7RCC6t&ampcf=1

Souttar's injury last year was with Scotland. He had a non-contact injury at Pittodrie this time around. As I said, its debatable if it could have been prevented.

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Neil Lennon certainly IS Celtic. Every single rank rotten piece of him is Celtic.

He is the Celtic manager and a Celtic fan he is not Celtic and a quote from him does not prove that Celtic are or are not disappointed at not beating hibs

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The manager isn’t the club. The club is made up of lots of people. By Noah quoting Lennon as not being frustrated by the result does not prove Celtic, players, other coaches etc are not disappointed.

So we ignore everything Mr Levein says publically from now on then as it's just lick spittle. Sounds fair. 

Edited by Noah Claypole

Just now, Noah Claypole said:

So we ignore everything Mr Levein says publically from now on then as it's just lip spittle. Sounds fair. 

‘Where did I say that. Levein himself seemed disappointed with the result and said we should have got more. Yet you seem to take a view quite different from that

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

So we ignore everything Mr Levein says publically from now on then as it's just lip spittle. Sounds fair. 

In fairness, most of us have been ignoring his waffling deflections for a while anyway 👍🏻😏

25 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

My heart sank when I saw the team today and realised we’d be playing a back 3 yet again. Absolutely no surprise to see we were completely ineffective in the wide positions going forward and that we created next to nothing from open play for most of the match.

Awful game between two awful teams. 

Match summery and ratings wrapped up in one post.

Spot on, mate, it was awful today.

2 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

So we ignore everything Mr Levein says publically from now on then as it's just lick spittle. Sounds fair. 

His crediibity in the spoken word is now down at the lowest level of Rix..........nobody is swallowing his crap.......at least Rix had the defence of being a puppet worked from behind

Just now, gedster said:

His crediibity in the spoken word is now down at the lowest level of Rix..........nobody is swallowing his crap.......at least Rix had the defence of being a puppet worked from behind

Gedster, more like jester quit spouting you clown

portobellojambo1

I've not read through the thread but see on the last page there is some sort of discussion going on about injuries. At the game today I felt we could have won it, probably undeservedly, if Steve McLean had been willing to take an injury for the team. If he had gone for that ball in the box towards the end with his head it might have kept it down and maybe got under theri GK's body, but he basically shit himself.

The one pleasing thing was once again to see that Michael Stewart is quite simply a super player for us, he strolled through that game and played really well in both halves.

18 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

It's all Leveins fault.

It's all his fault that 

Hearts had more posession away from home.

Hearts had more attempts away from home.

Hearts had more attempts on target away from home.

Hearts didn't allow St Mirren a single attempt on target.

Hearts had two  players injured on a heavily watered pitch.

Son of Dallas seemingly denied Hearts two strong penalty games.

Son of Dallas denied a number of clear fouls on Ikpeazu to go unpunished.

Yep, I blame Levein.

Indeed. Got the feeling that some guys at the game today were a bit disappointed we didn’t lose as it makes their main hobby (Levein baiting) more difficult. 

Some real wits with the ‘**** off speccy’ shouts.  Seriously ‘speccy’ ?! From grown men!  Think it was the same guys who tried to start ‘Rule Britannia’ 

Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

I've not read through the thread but see on the last page there is some sort of discussion going on about injuries. At the game today I felt we could have won it, probably undeservedly, if Steve McLean had been willing to take an injury for the team. If he had gone for that ball in the box towards the end with his head it might have kept it down and maybe got under theri GK's body, but he basically shit himself.

The one pleasing thing was once again to see that Michael Stewart is quite simply a super player for us, he strolled through that game and played really well in both halves.

Whelan?

Smith?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

‘Where did I say that. Levein himself seemed disappointed with the result and said we should have got more. Yet you seem to take a view quite different from that

You said Celtic would be extremely disappointed at losing 2 points, I pointed out with facts their manager doesn't seem so, you don't think he meant it.

So we ignore Mr Leveins comments in future as you don't believe managers after game media comments.

Or is it different rules for Mr Levein ?

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Michael Stewart has never been and never will be a super player for us or anyone else.  ;) 

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Late free transfer that nobody saw happening?

1 minute ago, Heriot_jambo said:

Gedster, more like jester quit spouting you clown

Who actually swallows the patronising rubbish he spouts post game. It's like he's watched the highlights on Sportscene and wasn't at the game. He was the future once......................in his first stint as head coach

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

You said Celtic would be extremely disappointed at losing 2 points, I pointed out with facts their manager doesn't seem so, you don't think he meant it.

So we ignore Mr Leveins comments in future as you don't believe managers after game media comments.

Or is it different rules for Mr Levein ?

No I didn’t.

i never said that either. You’re twisting my words.

Different from who?

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Lifetime ban for PJ1 please mods.

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I’ll add a caveat to my post up the page a bit. Smith is decent !

portobellojambo1
Just now, Pants Shaton said:

Whelan?

Smith?

:) Best to concentrate on what you are typing rather than trying to drink a cup of coffee and watch football on the TV at the same time. Apologies I did mean Michael Smith (although also thought Whelan played well, those two were the better players on the park for us).

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t want to turn this into a budge/Levein thread. A draw against st mirren is totally unacceptable. More so given the context of our awful league form this season.

But is really really not.

1.  Third game is a week including extra time on Wednesday and the energy of an away derby.

2.  Ravaged by injuries and then in first half we lose our new captain, best centre half as well as one of our centre midfielders.

3.  St Mirren have proved very tough to beat at home.  Aberdeen lost and rangers won by a single goal.

its not a good result but it’s absolutely not an unacceptable result and I think you just say that to have yet another kick at the manager

10 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48940114&ved=2ahUKEwjC2tHJj_TkAhWRWhUIHRuEAlEQFjABegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0oTF-3ex4gqxZvcI7RCC6t&ampcf=1

Souttar's injury last year was with Scotland. He had a non-contact injury at Pittodrie this time around. As I said, its debatable if it could have been prevented.

I forgot Souttar had had another injury! How debatable though?

This is what Levein said on Haring:

I don't know if that's a direct consequence.

But it certainly couldn't have helped so I've got to take some responsibility for that. It was a risk and reward thing because when he was out the team, we struggled a little bit to fill that gap.

The question now is that in the pelvic area there are so many different things that interact. Sometimes it's not just one problem, it can be more than that.

He's away down south to get another investigation and we'll get results on that towards the end of the week so I'm hopeful we'll find out exactly what we need to fix.

I'm not reading mismanaged at all, I'm reading that we took a risk, like clubs do every single week with players coming back from injury, and it didn't pay off.

26 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Lennon quote.

He said: “I’m not frustrated, we’re not going to win every game and we’re not going to blow teams away in every game. On paper, there is expectation before the game but I don’t expect to win. I believe we can and I want us to win but there are things that went against us today, i.e. the goal. The reaction is good and we really tried to force the issue in the second half but it just wasn’t to be."

Seems your talking Shite then. 

Ok I bow to your superior intellect, a draw with St Mirren is fine.

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

:) Best to concentrate on what you are typing rather than trying to drink a cup of coffee and watch football on the TV at the same time. Apologies I did mean Michael Smith (although also thought Whelan played well, those two were the better players on the park for us).

In the future if people search JKB they will find a record of you saying Michael Stewart was a good player for Hearts and it will destroy your credibility!

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

No I didn’t.

i never said that either. You’re twisting my words.

Different from who?

You don't believe what managers say, no biggie. 

Until Mr Levein says something you don't like then you'll be frothing at the pus of course. 

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, Barack said:

BLASPHEMY!

There are so many wrong surnames I could have typed, but  if you are going to make it a mistake make it a big one.

1 minute ago, Getintaethem said:

Ok I bow to your superior intellect, a draw with St Mirren is fine.

Fine is actually a decent summery. 

A loss would have been Shit, a win would have been superb so a draw is indeed fine. 

Well done Sir.

portobellojambo1
2 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

In the future if people search JKB they will find a record of you saying Michael Stewart was a good player for Hearts and it will destroy your credibility!

What credibility :)

8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

But is really really not.

1.  Third game is a week including extra time on Wednesday and the energy of an away derby.

2.  Ravaged by injuries and then in first half we lose our new captain, best centre half as well as one of our centre midfielders.

3.  St Mirren have proved very tough to beat at home.  Aberdeen lost and rangers won by a single goal.

its not a good result but it’s absolutely not an unacceptable result and I think you just say that to have yet another kick at the manager

Think what you like but if I wanted to have a go at the manager I’d just come on here and have a go, as I have done in the past. So really you have no basis for saying that.

Put simply, any result against bottom of the table sides, other than a win, is unacceptable to me. I get you’re going to get the odd one here and there but today isn’t an odd bad result. We have better players than st mirren and are a bigger club. We should be beating them.

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

You don't believe what managers say, no biggie. 

Until Mr Levein says something you don't like then you'll be frothing at the pus of course. 

I never said that either.

Show me the frothy posts,I’ve made in response to what CL has said.

13 minutes ago, gedster said:

merely, solely, etc etc, go swallow a thesaurus......insert word adult for a clap clap happy happy clap clap soul

Is that you trying to write like one?

image.thumb.png.b36d0fa16ab8b4a50a4f29bb5c3efff6.png

A quick glance over our recent history with St Mirren would suggest that a draw in Paisley is not the calamity some would suggest.  Particularly when achieved without 6 of our (arguably) first pick players (out injured because Levein makes them gargle medicine balls and sprint in acid baths - or something).

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

What does this even mean?

When Hearts lost 6-2 there early in 1985/6, were you demanding Alex MacDonald's head on a platter? Do people who decry this "acceptance" think moaning about it on the internet makes a single shred of difference?

indeed. That was one of our early games where we eventually lost out on the league on the last day of the season

29 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

A quick glance over our recent history with St Mirren would suggest that a draw in Paisley is not the calamity some would suggest.  Particularly when achieved without 6 of our (arguably) first pick players (out injured because Levein makes them gargle medicine balls and sprint in acid baths - or something).

0-0 through there is not a disaster!

Losing Halket for the season would be one!!

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

0-0 through there is not a disaster!

Losing Halket for the season would be one!!

indeed. thought we played better in the 2nd half. Having had 2 very tough games both physically and mentally in the past few days  I thought the players did reasonably well and could have nicked it on another day 

3 hours ago, Victorian said:

Sits somewhere between a meh result and a poor result.    But you only get one point for a meh,  meh-poor or poor draw.    Single points aren't any good atm.

Better than nae points ammaarright?

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Explain.

Plenty others have-

4 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Somewhere we haven’t won since 2010. Not sure what planet people are living on where they expect us to rock up and batter them...

0-0. Meh. 

4 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

We’ve had worse results and after two very hard games then I’m not overly disappointed with a draw. On to next week and hopefully 3 points after a full weeks rest 🇱🇻

4 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Hard game on Sunday there, 120 mins plus pens on Wednesday, then away to Paisley on Sunday with a make shift squad. Hmma point isn’t the Greatest but in the Current situation it looks like a good point.

1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

The plan is just clicking into place nicely. 

4 hours ago, rick witter said:

We are 7 points behind Motherwell and 6 behind Aberdeen already!!! After 7 games. Do you think we have the ability to claw that back!!! 

The pressure is going to be massive on the players and manager for the next home game. 

We beat Aberdeen midweek. They got thrashed today. They are not a good side. 

We beat Motherwell a few weeks back when we had Halkett, Walker and Washington available. 

We have the players to finish above these sides should they stay fit and should Levein get them playing. 

The former is havig a huge effect on the latter. I think Levein will go if he can't get the best out of what is available.  The clock is ticking. Unlike you though, I think most "proper" Hearts fans hope he gets them playing. You seem to revel in our current struggles. 

4 hours ago, rick witter said:

Cmon Frank you must now want change man. We just can’t keep going like this it’s been almost a full Callander year of shite. 

That just shows the intelligence of the man.  I imagine he has spent at least 10 years at school and he comes out with shite spelling like this.

10 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

We beat Aberdeen midweek. They got thrashed today. They are not a good side. 

We beat Motherwell a few weeks back when we had Halkett, Walker and Washington available. 

We have the players to finish above these sides should they stay fit and should Levein get them playing. 

The former is havig a huge effect on the latter. I think Levein will go if he can't get the best out of what is available.  The clock is ticking. Unlike you though, I think most "proper" Hearts fans hope he gets them playing. You seem to revel in our current struggles. 

It’s not current though is it. It’s been going on for a year now. 

We drew with Aberdeen and beat them on penalties. If it was a league game it would be another home game without a win!!! 

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That just shows the intelligence of the man.  I imagine he has spent at least 10 years at school and he comes out with shite spelling like this.

It was a typo FFS but yeah that shows my intelligence!!! 

Until you can post without abusing other people you are an irrelevance on this forum. 

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

It’s not current though is it. It’s been going on for a year now. 

We drew with Aberdeen and beat them on penalties. If it was a league game it would be another home game without a win!!! 

Our current injury struggles are not current either though are they. 

With a fit squad we will comfortably finish top 6, which is no way a special achievement. I think we have a top 4 squad. Why not just support the team, hope it improves and if it doesn't hope that the next manager does better. 

Thats not why you are on here though is it. 

3 hours ago, rick witter said:

Excuses are running out!!! 

Naismith will never be fit. 

The other 3 will improve us but we have more than enough quality to beat teams like St Mirren and Hamilton!! 

Cheers for the abuse tho. 👍🏻

No abuse - I just got a little confused.

If you agree these 3 would improve us, what would be an improvement on a draw?  A win, maybe?

And you can add Washington to the list of those unavailable today but you stroll on with your anti Hearts agenda.  You must have been gutted at tea time last Sunday.

Only Rangers have beaten St Mirren in Paisley in the league so far and that was a narrow 1-0. They're good at making it difficult for anyone to score there and will give a lot more than Hearts problems during the season.

I think it has to be accepted by everyone that outside the OF no team is going to find it easy against any other this season. The rout of the sheep today perfectly illustrates the divide in class between the OF and the rest of the league.

Outside the OF everyone is trading largely in the freebie market which typically gets you something from league 1 no one else is signing and that means what you get is certainly not consistency of performance.

An EL place is still up for grabs and I still think Hearts can get there. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Only Rangers have beaten St Mirren in Paisley in the league so far and that was a narrow 1-0. They're good at making it difficult for anyone to score there and will give a lot more than Hearts problems during the season.

I think it has to be accepted by everyone that outside the OF no team is going to find it easy against any other this season. The rout of the sheep today perfectly illustrates the divide in class between the OF and the rest of the league.

Outside the OF everyone is trading largely in the freebie market which typically gets you something from league 1 no one else is signing and that means what you get is certainly not consistency of performance.

An EL place is still up for grabs and I still think Hearts can get there. 

100%

Frustrating but a reality. 

2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

It was a typo FFS but yeah that shows my intelligence!!! 

Until you can post without abusing other people you are an irrelevance on this forum. 

That's not what I'd call a typo.  I am not abusing you - just trying to help you differentiate between a date chart and a town in Scotland.

You seem to be able to dish out plenty of abuse to the club freely but resent it when someone else says something  you don't like.  You've been all over this thread all day with your venom

YOU are the irrelevance on this board and it is amazing how posters (me included) are stupid enough to rise to your bait.

15 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

Our current injury struggles are not current either though are they. 

With a fit squad we will comfortably finish top 6, which is no way a special achievement. I think we have a top 4 squad. Why not just support the team, hope it improves and if it doesn't hope that the next manager does better. 

Thats not why you are on here though is it. 

Support the team and hope it improves!!! 

What a shite attitude to have. Like the manager a bit. Keep playing and the next game it will improve. 

Why don’t we make it improve by getting someone else in??? 

8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's not what I'd call a typo.  I am not abusing you - just trying to help you differentiate between a date chart and a town in Scotland.

You seem to be able to dish out plenty of abuse to the club freely but resent it when someone else says something  you don't like.  You've been all over this thread all day with your venom

YOU are the irrelevance on this board and it is amazing how posters (me included) are stupid enough to rise to your bait.

You have actually trawled through something I posted hours ago and are have a go at me because of a typo!!! Strange behaviour but you seem to do that often on this board to other posters also. I don’t resent any comments that are opinions about Hearts that’s why we all post here. Abuse yes I do resent that. 

Like another poster said earlier how you seem to get away with it is beyond me. 

A little confused aye ok 👍🏻