• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rick witter

• pettigrewsstylist

• Mikey1874

• Hearts007

Just now, jimbo99 said:

It's all down to probability theorem...
When one player gets injured, the probability of another player getting injured remains exactly the same.
Injuries are usually spread out reasonable evenly amongst different clubs.
But just as someone could occasionally call a heads/tail choice correctly 10 times in a row, some clubs will occasionally have large glut of injuries over a relatively short period of time.
It's just bad luck.
The End.

No way that amount of injuries over a sustained period of time is bad luck. No way at all!! 

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, jimbo99 said:

It's all down to probability theorem...
When one player gets injured, the probability of another player getting injured remains exactly the same.
Injuries are usually spread out reasonable evenly amongst different clubs.
But just as someone could occasionally call a heads/tail choice correctly 10 times in a row, some clubs will occasionally have large glut of injuries over a relatively short period of time.
It's just bad luck.
The End.

Relatively short you say.................

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not saying that either. 

Personally i would be seriously reviewing the sports scientists work and looking at what they are being taught asked to do in the gym. The hamstrings shouldn’t be going the way they are.  

Wish Maclean would do his hamstring. Has shown nothing so far. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Anyone who thinks this would be anything but tough is not very smart on Scottish football in general 

Unfortunately every game is tough for us these days.

Forever Hearts

Anyone who thinks this would be anything but tough is not very smart on Scottish football in general 

Aye, it's not as if St Mirren escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth and we have a far better squad and bigger budget. 

6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Should have had 2 pens.

Not getting them isn’t Levein’s fault IMO but I’m sure someone will have a view....

McLean's cross against their defender's arm looked a pen to me.

maroonedinbriz

In all honesty we've not looked like getting a late winner against Hibs, nor a late equaliser against Aberdeen. ............ but it happened.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

A shot at goal would be nice

According to BBC stats we've had 5 shots on target to St Mirren's none. But of course one by St Mirren might be enough

Just now, Saughton Jambo said:

Wish Maclean would do his hamstring. Has shown nothing so far. 

I'm starting to get the impression you don't really like Maclean :lol:

5 minutes ago, Bauld said:

A clean sheet would be an improvement defensively. 

Poor in attack though.

6 minutes ago, Bauld said:

A clean sheet would be an improvement defensively. 

Poor in attack though.

Mr Shankland now has 15 for the season, a hatrick today. Yes at a lower level but surely must have been worth a punt. The boy scores goals for fun... Shame! 

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

We need something different here.

Get Keena up next to Uche or get Clare running at their defence.

Something to change it.

We’ve been deprived the luxury of making more than one tactical change and somebody said Mulraney looked like he took a sore one in the first half.

The injuries kill us in more than one way.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

According to BBC stats we've had 5 shots on target to St Mirren's none. But of course one by St Mirren might be enough

Weve had a few chances , last ditch defending blocks etc from St Mirren couple good saves but low on quality is what iv taken from it so far.

should of been ahead there

Just now, on&up2017 said:

Mr Shankland now has 15 for the season, a hatrick today. Yes at a lower level but surely must have been worth a punt. The boy scores goals for fun... Shame! 

I think he was worth a punt.  Nothing to lose really.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I did say earlier that a draw away from home would be a good result.  At 0-0 we still have a shot at 3 points though.

Of course the "real" fans know better - we should be winning away games easily. Because we are Hearts.

3 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I'm starting to get the impression you don't really like Maclean :lol:

Just missed from 4 yards out. He plays like he’s got a bag of cement tied around each ankle. It’s nothing personal though. He’ll be playing walking football next year after his current deal expires. Then again he’s an intelligent player so might wangle a two year tension 😩

Edited by Saughton Jambo

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, it's not as if St Mirren escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth and we have a far better squad and bigger budget. 

Aye, it's not as if we have an entire team injured either.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Screenshot_20190928_163122_com.android.chrome.jpg

Same old story with this dross. As im not watching the game who have been the better players for hearts?

Just now, Spoleto said:

I did say earlier that a draw away from home would be a good result.  At 0-0 we still have a shot at 3 points though.

Of course the "real" fans know better - we should be winning away games easily. Because we are Hearts.

A draw would make that 4 games against last years bottom six or newly promoted sides with 0 wins. We have to win these types of games

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Rangers slaughtered them eh. It's a different season ffs.

Why bother  :rofl:

Forever Hearts

Rangers slaughtered them eh. It's a different season ffs.

Why bother  :rofl:

Different season and they are joint second bottom. 👍

4 minutes ago, on&up2017 said:

It's not the striker that is the problem. Uche scores goals. Mulraney, Morrison and Meshino are meant to be our main creative forces in this game, running the channels, getting in behind, feeding the beast up front. All have done a poor job.

Francis Albert

BBC radio commentary from Paisley seems to have failed. Oh they are back now thank god - couldn't have stood any more of open all mics which incredibly has got worse since I last heard it a season or more ago

pettigrewsstylist
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Screenshot_20190928_163122_com.android.chrome.jpg

In  8 league games so far , before today BBC stats

17 shots on target

29 corners

We have played Ross County and Hamilton at home in there !

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Aye. No shot on target for Saints. Games in this League are a grind 

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

When you compare our squad to st mirrens and the amount we pay our players compared to st mirren then yes we should be winning this game.

I realise football isn't as simple as that but we SHOULD be beating st mirren more often than not.