***Official St Mirren v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Just realised we are down to 10 men....cause steve Maclean is effin useless. Worse than a man short! Sick of hearing what an intelligent player he is. Yet to see it 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rick witter

• pettigrewsstylist

• Mikey1874

• Hearts007

4 minutes ago, gedster said:

When he finally gets a game, he'll have played less than 90 minutes of first team football this calendar year. Will hardly be match sharp

And that's an issue. If he's not getting game time he won't be match fit. Either way, no point having him at the club. No games, not match fit, plays games and maybe gets caught out a few times coz he's not match fit. Catch 22

Just now, chuck berrys hairline said:

Guess you still believe in Santa aswell 🤦🏼‍♂️ another hamstring injury suggests otherwise. No doubt get shot down again. Wheres Rima and her magic stick 🤣 FFS we didn't even get this many injuries under Malofeevs far east communist training methods 😂

I don't believe in Santa, no, but thanks for making it unacceptable to express my opinion. 

Jambo, Goodbye

Surely it's up to the players to make sure their hamstrings are stretched and warmed up? 

The rest of the injuries seem to be from challenges. Nothing much we can do to prevent those. 

3 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

You're

3 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

You stick out like a knob on Lesbos chief,
away and do one......You should be banned for your constant reference to children as well.
Your suspicious in more ways than one as a result.

I think you've proven my point for me perfectly, cheers.

Bridge of Djoum

Folk blaming CL for injuries now. 

**** this, I’m out.  

Staff with degrees in sports science, physiotherapy and a host of other medical expertise... all rubbished by a few bams  on JKB. 

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

Just now, jambonian said:

And that's an issue. If he's not getting game time he won't be match fit. Either way, no point having him at the club. No games, not match fit, plays games and maybe gets caught out a few times coz he's not match fit. Catch 22

Has he played in any reserve games?

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

The injuries are a ****ing disgrace 

1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

Offside decision correct

Luckily!

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Just realised we are down to 10 men....cause steve Maclean is effin useless. Worse than a man short! 

Careful now, scored in midweek, all is forgotten lol

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Damour and Washington hamstrings gone in the last few games,big problems at Hearts.

sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Don't know the cause of the injuries, but could it be that we're playing against a team full of cloggers?

More likely that after two hard games a combination of a lack of appropriate training, lack of squad rotation and the adrenaline wearing off have taken a toll. Of course the post game analysis will be the simplistic 'bad luck'.

The back 3 is an awful formation for us. We are competing because we have 11 better players than St Mirren... but any decent side would get in behind us down the wings with ease.

6 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

Given the luck we are having with injuries (I still believe its bad luck more than anything else) I would take a point right now. 

We should win with this team.

7 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

Given the luck we are having with injuries (I still believe its bad luck more than anything else) I would take a point right now. 

We should win with this team.

All roads lead to Gorgie

We should be doing a whole lot better than nil/nil. If we are incapable of beating a team like ST Liedown then we are well and truely a bottom six team. Fingers oot Hearts! 

16 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Injuries need investigating, without doubt!

Absolutely no chance it's just bad luck and a co-incidence.

Something must be going badly wrong in training or something.

4 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Surely it's up to the players to make sure their hamstrings are stretched and warmed up? 

The rest of the injuries seem to be from challenges. Nothing much we can do to prevent those. 

Damour doesn't look fit.

Surprised he started today. 

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Eh? this is Hearts, you get 20 games to get match fit, another 10 to find your form, another 10 or so to get your confidence up. Then its time to sort out contract extension.

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

We should be doing a whole lot better than nil/nil. If we are incapable of beating a team like ST Liedown then we are well and truely a bottom six team. Fingers oot Hearts! 

Jonathan Sutherland

BBC Sport Scotland

St Mirren keep the same side that drew 0-0 with Hamilton Academical last weekend. Clearly Jim Goodwin’s side are doing something right, they are good at keeping goals out. But scoring goals is the big problem. Junior Morias leads the line, but he is yet to score for Saints and the Paisley side are the lowest scorers in the division.

On the positive side for Saints, no Hearts side has won here in the league since 2010.

You don't just turn up and win. 

23 minutes ago, graygo said:

I had a punt on Halkett to score anytime at 5/1  :( 

He might score tonight, but I doubt he'll be telling you. Some people have no regards.

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

Injured starting line up looking like this

White

Souttar

Halkett

Garrucio

Walker

Damour

Haring

Naismith

Washington

Wighton

White at least is back on bench today.

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

White

Souttar

Halkett

Garrucio

Walker

Damour

Haring

Naismith

Washington

Wighton

Just unbelievable. How the **** dies a full first team get injured like this

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

Surely you can see that we’ve moved beyond the realm of simply “bad luck” here? 

1 minute ago, Heriot_jambo said:

Already apologized, just trying to get post count up really (;

Noticed that buddy. (that you had apologized)

1 minute ago, Heriot_jambo said:

Already apologized, just trying to get post count up really (;

Just start calling everyone on here names, works for everybody else.

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

White

Souttar

Halkett

Garrucio

Walker

Damour

Haring

Naismith

Washington

Wighton

also zlamal is as good as injured,

7 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Folk blaming CL for injuries now. 

**** this, I’m out.  

Staff with degrees in sports science, physiotherapy and a host of other medical expertise... all rubbished by a few bams  on JKB. 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a709a63fac51117f3b0

Big Slim Stylee
5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The back 3 is an awful formation for us. We are competing because we have 11 better players than St Mirren... but any decent side would get in behind us down the wings with ease.

Mystified why he sticks with it. Oh I just remembered he’s a stubborn *******...

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Indeed, back in the day Dundee Utd. won the league (1984, when tackles were hard and only two subs on the bench) they used grand total of 20 players, several of whom made only one or two appearances...............no litany of injuries there. |Ourguys must be made of glass or something else is amiss

1 minute ago, gedster said:

Played 90 mins v Dunfermline, no other game time whatsoever

Shockin! These players need to be playing regularly so they can step into the first 11 when required.

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Moved beyond that to what?

2 minutes ago, gedster said:

Indeed, back in the day Dundee Utd. won the league (1984, when tackles were hard and only two subs on the bench) they used grand total of 20 players, several of whom made only one or two appearances...............no litany of injuries there. |Ourguys must be made of glass or something else is amiss

Fitness levels are far higher now its much more scientifically done than it was back then. With higher fitness levels brings an easier chance of picking up knocks.