British teams in Europa League

Morgan

Felix Lighter
2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Amused by the media spin that it was a `shock defeat`.  Shock to whom?  Well, I suppose to all `Celtic minded` people but I for one wasn't shocked - and I'm certainly not alone.  Why do they believe they just have to turn up and they've won?

Scotlands bent referees play a large part in their mentality imo.

I watched the game last night and there were multiple decisions that went against them that they would have been awarded by one of Lanarkshires finest.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Felix Lighter said:

I watched the game last night and there were multiple decisions that went against them that they would have been awarded by one of Lanarkshires finest.

Been saying that for years! Same with the other mob too.

Felix Lighter
1 minute ago, Boris said:

Been saying that for years! Same with the other mob too.

Indeed Boris. What makes it all the more pleasing is, when they get papped out of Europe they then have the gall to whine about decisions going against them, whilst being completely incapable of spotting the irony.

14 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Correct! Possibly one of the biggest reasons the uglies fail in Europe... they can't cope with a level playing field! 

9 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Indeed Boris. What makes it all the more pleasing is, when they get papped out of Europe they then have the gall to whine about decisions going against them, whilst being completely incapable of spotting the irony.

Hartson and Gerry McCulloch last night we’re saying if the officials did their job then Celtic would be through to the next round. 

The officials?? Nothing about the ****ing mutants in green and white stripes or the useless management team. 

hopefully this is the start of the decline

Felix Lighter
2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Correct! Possibly one of the biggest reasons the uglies fail in Europe... they can't cope with a level playing field! 

And what is also astonishing, with the gulf in finances that exists in Scotland they should be hoovering up trophies without the help of officialdom anyway. But god help any ref who, in their eyes, wrongs them domestically. Week long media campaigns where clarification is sought over a particular decision, any body else and it's "shut up and get on with it" with a "bringing they game into disrepute" charge thrown in for good measure.

Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

And what is also astonishing, with the gulf in finances that exists in Scotland they should be hoovering up trophies without the help of officialdom anyway. But god help any ref who, in their eyes, wrongs them domestically. Week long media campaigns where clarification is sought over a particular decision, any body else and it's "shut up and get on with it" with a "bringing they game into disrepute" charge thrown in for good measure.

Our refs are a joke, nothing new in this, in saying that, seem to be a lot worse now .

Felix Lighter
10 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Hartson and Gerry McCulloch last night we’re saying if the officials did their job then Celtic would be through to the next round. 

The officials?? Nothing about the ****ing mutants in green and white stripes or the useless management team. 

Yeah always cheated never defeated with that mob.

McFadden was whining about a disallowed goal on sportsound last night.

maroonsgotop
6 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

always the victims

Felix Lighter
5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Our refs are a joke, nothing new in this, in saying that, seem to be a lot worse now .

Your right it's so very brazen now, they don't care how obviously corrupt it is.

But anyway a wee bit off topic, thread is about celebrating their demise rather than a situation that makes my blood boil.:biggrin: 

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Your right it's so very brazen now, they don't care how obviously corrupt it is.

But anyway a wee bit off topic, thread is about celebrating their demise rather than a situation that makes my blood boil.:biggrin: 

👍

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

DR story https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/simon-jordan-blames-premiership-celtic-22586508

..don't click, goes on about how its no shellicks fault... it's the Scottish League being crap that's done it. No competition.... did we expect any less from the glorious DR?

He also goes on to speak about Lennon sending vocal messages to the board (through the media) about needing funds to be able to compete in Europe! 🤣🤣🤣

Obviously hasn't read Locky's post above!

No competition...on same day they have just weakened Motherwell by signing their best player. How often do THEY weaken the competition?

58 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Amused by the media spin that it was a `shock defeat`.  Shock to whom?  Well, I suppose to all `Celtic minded` people but I for one wasn't shocked - and I'm certainly not alone.  Why do they believe they just have to turn up and they've won?

It is a shock defeat in more ways than one, the bookies would have given you good odds on the Hungarians. Then there's finance.

Ferencvárosi TC: total market value €24.05m

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ferencvaros-budapest/startseite/verein/279

Celtic: total market value €89.48m

https://www.transfermarkt.com/celtic-glasgow/startseite/verein/371

Scotland are the highest ranked country to no longer have representation in the 20/21 Champions League (and the only country in the top 21 to be out).

Hungary are the lowest ranked country still to have a team in CL qualifying.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Shame after all the effort to get them there🤣🤣

That just makes it all the sweeter 😍

brunoatemyhamster

Good to see poor Lennys managerial poison starting to flow through Parkhead

tenor.gif

Can't wait for his " It's coz um a cafflik" routine. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Pasquale for King
Just now, brunoatemyhamster said:

Good to see poor Lennys managerial poison starting to flow through Parkhead

tenor.gif

Nobody seemed to get the contradiction in his words, he said there were players there that wanted to leave and that if that was the case they should go. He was then asked if he wanted them to go and he said no not really. He’s bipolar not schizophrenic.  

brunoatemyhamster
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nobody seemed to get the contradiction in his words, he said there were players there that wanted to leave and that if that was the case they should go. He was then asked if he wanted them to go and he said no not really. He’s bipolar not schizophrenic.  

Depends what excuse he's looking for to cover his managerial failing to be honest. I see he wants more money to compete with a team with under a 3rd of Celtic's outlay?

He's already got that two pound coin from the boy In the main stand, how much else does he want? 

He's going to be sweating cause he can't play the Bigot card this time. 

Good. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Tom English getting stuck into Lennon now, I ****ing love the fall out 🤣😆.

I love this quote from Tom on the BBC website:

"It seemed like an age before the Celtic directors left their seats and departed the arena. In a moment that spoke of pure angst, Peter Lawwell, the chief executive, buried his head in his hands in the manner of a man who couldn't stand the sight of a potential £30m windfall disappearing in front of his eyes."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53929478

If I believed in karma! 

So much for getting the season finished early so that Celtic could compete in the Champions League.  Problem, Peter, they didn't!!!

Edited by colinmaroon

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Depends what excuse he's looking for to cover his managerial failing to be honest. I see he wants more money to compete with a team with under a 3rd of Celtic's outlay?

He's already got that two pound coin from the boy In the main stand, how much else does he want? 

He's going to be sweating cause he can't play the Bigot card this time. 

Good. 

Never his fault. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I love this quote from Tom on the BBC website:

"It seemed like an age before the Celtic directors left their seats and departed the arena. In a moment that spoke of pure angst, Peter Lawwell, the chief executive, buried his head in his hands in the manner of a man who couldn't stand the sight of a potential £30m windfall disappearing in front of his eyes."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53929478

If I believed in karma! 

So much for getting the season finished early so that Celtic could compete in the Champions League.  Problem, Peter, they didn't!!!

It’s beautiful. I think it was his £500k bonus for Celtic making a profit and paying out a dividend to shareholders he saw disappearing though 😆😂

53 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

The premier sports cameras were so shit that you couldn’t even tell. It was really tight and if anything just offside. 

Absolutely no chance the flag would’ve went up in Scotland though. So I can see why they are so upset. Not used to a 50/50 decision going to the other team

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

The premier sports cameras were so shit that you couldn’t even tell. It was really tight and if anything just offside. 

Absolutely no chance the flag would’ve went up in Scotland though. So I can see why they are so upset. Not used to a 50/50 decision going to the other team

Ewan Murray commented on Twitter recently that it was hilarious how Celtic fans were all over social media backing Doncaster and co over their treatment of Hearts when these very same fans would be up in arms at a hint of a wrong decision against them and if the league was stoped with them a few points behind they'd want The Hague involved and the internet would break. He probably didn't think he'd be proven right so quickly.

So that’s now 5 times in 7 seasons that Celtic have failed to get past the qualifying stages for the Champions League.

Surely they have to stop embarrassing themselves by giving every new signing at Parkhead the same old press conference script about “being here to play Champions League football”.

jamboinglasgow

Was reading this twitter thread from a Celtic fan earlier and its incredible about how badly run Celtic are behind the scenes. Wont post it all here (as it is long) but shows you how poor decisions are being made covered up by winning trophies when they are far ahead of others. Some crazy points:

- Tierney took injections under Rogers and Lennon which meant it would take him 18 months to recover. Even got Scott Brown to phone him to suck it up and play even though Tierney was barely able to move.

- multiple Celtic players are hiring their own coaches so they can work on their development as they think the coaching at Celtic is so poor.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Was reading this twitter thread from a Celtic fan earlier and its incredible about how badly run Celtic are behind the scenes. Wont post it all here (as it is long) but shows you how poor decisions are being made covered up by winning trophies when they are far ahead of others. Some crazy points:

- Tierney took injections under Rogers and Lennon which meant it would take him 18 months to recover. Even got Scott Brown to phone him to suck it up and play even though Tierney was barely able to move.

- multiple Celtic players are hiring their own coaches so they can work on their development as they think the coaching at Celtic is so poor.

The elephant in the room when it comes to Celtic, and likely the reason that they're not responding to Rangers challenge by spending lots of money (which they do have to spend) is possible/probable multiple or class action court action(s) against them.

Or if not that there is something else preventing them from spending to maintain their position ahead of Rangers. Lennon was the manager to help them tread water not progress and pull away from Rangers. It was a very strange appointment, definitely the cheap, "safe" option.

With the extra CL place from next year, expect Rangers to overtake them soon.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The elephant in the room when it comes to Celtic, and likely the reason that they're not responding to Rangers challenge by spending lots of money (which they do have to spend) is possible/probably multiple or class action court action(s) against them.

When does this court case begin as you are right, they could potentially lose millions.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The elephant in the room when it comes to Celtic, and likely the reason that they're not responding to Rangers challenge by spending lots of money (which they do have to spend) is possible/probable multiple or class action court action(s) against them.

The real story in Scottish Football. Over to you Scottish Media/Press....... nowt!

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, David Black said:

When does this court case begin as you are right, they could potentially lose millions.

No idea but it has a bit of a feel of when Rangers imploded. You could see the signs there was big trouble on the horizon but no-one in the media was talking about it, so when it hit it was like it came out of nowhere.

Contrast that with the way the press constantly wrote about Hearts imploding from the moment Romanov arrived and they were eventually right.

Edited by ToqueJambo

jamboinglasgow
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

The elephant in the room when it comes to Celtic, and likely the reason that they're not responding to Rangers challenge by spending lots of money (which they do have to spend) is possible/probably multiple or class action court action(s) against them.

Thats true. Could be that Lawell was hoping for the Champions league money to provide a safety net from court cases.

Lennon should be out the door after that result, but Celtic are so focused on 10IAR that they wont sack him yet until there is problems in the league. I do think 10IAR could end up be a Pyrrhic victory for Celtic. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thats true. Could be that Lawell was hoping for the Champions league money to provide a safety net from court cases.

Lennon should be out the door after that result, but Celtic are so focused on 10IAR that they wont sack him yet until there is problems in the league. I do think 10IAR could end up be a Pyrrhic victory for Celtic. 

I honestly don't think Celtic will win the league this year. Griffiths seems done. Edouard is on his way out. Others like Nitcham will want out. Brown looks finished. Even Lennon says players want out. They haven't fixed their defensive issues. They don't have their home crowds to get them through tough games against awkward opponents in the domestic league. Their only hope for 10inarow IMO is an early stop to the league which forces a null and void decision so they can regroup.

Edited by ToqueJambo

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Personally I hope they all get their arses felt and get dry boabied to within an inch of their wankstained existence. 

The other clubs shafted us so feck the lot of them, feck the media and for good measure :fth:

and we have a winner.

GTF every last one of you teams who couldn't see the forest for the trees. 

And to think there was a time when I wanted all Scottish teams to do well in Europe, times have changed drastically and this is glorious listening to the celtic apologists!

2 hours ago, DS98 said:

They don’t normally have to rely on just the managers, coaches, and players though. You can see why it confuses those types.

alicante jambo

Myself and another poster touched on the fact it costs celtic 84 million per year to run the whole club ffs thats 7 mill per month. Them losing out on 30 million is fecking brilliant news. Feck them and with no walk ups for the foreseeable future due to covid its good to have some good news for a change. They bast@rd_ deserve everything they get. Hope there was spew inside lawells face mask and the cun- had to swallow it back down.

9 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Myself and another poster touched on the fact it costs celtic 84 million per year to run the whole club ffs thats 7 mill per month. Them losing out on 30 million is fecking brilliant news. Feck them and with no walk ups for the foreseeable future due to covid its good to have some good news for a change. They bast@rd_ deserve everything they get. Hope there was spew inside lawells face mask and the cun- had to swallow it back down.

This is the sort of post you want to save. ❤️😎

TyphoonJambo
11 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

This post is a thing of beauty. Well said matey. 

1 hour ago, alicante jambo said:

bravo sir.  Fantastic post

1 hour ago, alicante jambo said:

Ooft.

This post should be dipped in gold.

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Or if not that there is something else preventing them from spending to maintain their position ahead of Rangers. Lennon was the manager to help them tread water not progress and pull away from Rangers. It was a very strange appointment, definitely the cheap, "safe" option.

With the extra CL place from next year, expect Rangers to overtake them soon.

The deep pockets of Llawell & Co

2 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Ouch! Heart warming post! No wonder they’re so desperate to get their orks back through the gates! 👍

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Motherwell fans doing their best to get the government to shut down football.

Tits. 

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

No idea but it has a bit of a feel of when Rangers imploded. You could see the signs there was big trouble on the horizon but no-one in the media was talking about it, so when it hit it was like it came out of nowhere.

Contrast that with the way the press constantly wrote about Hearts imploding from the moment Romanov arrived and they were eventually right.

So many hacks and pundits (and a few on here) are in the "one day you're going to die" crystal ball stuff when it comes to Hearts.  Back Hearts to fall short and they eventually will! Even if we won the Premiership, eventually it goes backwards, best players sold etc., and the doomsayers are out from under their stones saying, "I told you so!"

Of course, you can look at another way, we haven't dropped a point this season and that's better than the wee team.

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Motherwell fans doing their best to get the government to shut down football.

joining rangers and hibs fans in playing Russian roulette.

no doubt the JGC will suspend our training again ? Has to be our fault And they’ll need to show the SG some action so I’m preparing for a fine or point deduction 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Seymour M Hersh

Bayern players not even home fro their night out after winning the cup a few days ago and the mhanks are already out of this seasons CL.  If Carlsberg did..........................................:lol: