British teams in Europa League

Morgan

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They don’t look like they’re behind the manager, shame for the ex rangers player 😆😂

Poor wee Mikel.  :rofl: 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

That's got to hurt the fans and embarrass the owners or execs.  Board, what have you. 

Jose Mourinho to join Roma next season to run riot on man utd, Tottenham, Chelsea.  :wink:

Unfortunately the Giallorossi will be nowhere near the same tournament as Man U and Chelsea. Spurs ? Might not be in Europe !

Edited by Boab

Arsenal showing the demise of a club often just happens year by year, bit by pit until you reach a point  where you can no longer deceive yourself

So does the owner sell or invest ?

Does the manager stay or go ?

A summer of change awaits but has the manager really been given enough time or resources so far ?

Jose must be thinking if only I'd held on a few weeks 😉

Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

5 goals then.

Not the way I’d have chosen them to be shared but still, goals.

The life blood of football.  👹

Blimey, who let Hugh McIlvanney in? 😂

Nookie Bear
18 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Arsenal are an embarrassment.  That was gutless. 

They are actually boring to watch. 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Blimey, who let Hugh McIlvanney in? 😂

😀

Just my wee joke, Nooks.  👍

Malinga the Swinga

Bellerin looks like his boots made of cement. What happened to him, he used to have pace, but its just gone. 

Midfield so unbalanced its not true and then nothing up front. 

Arsenal fans should have appreciated Wenger because after he left, they've gone downhill so fast. 

Kronke as an owner is a disaster, but as long as cash comes in, he couldn't care less if they win or lose. 

Villareal will give Man U a game, especially if they can score first. 

Regardless, will give this final a miss, along with CL. 

Would rather watch play offs in Scotland. 

Sooperstar

I thought Arsenal were actually very unlucky tonight. Could easily have had 2 or 3 there. A combination of good defending and bad luck stopped that happening.

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

‘Twas beautiful 👍🏻

I mirror my posts on myself.

:verysmug:

Jeffros Furios
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Arteta getting more time at Arsenal than Emery did.

Good decision making at the top is what helps create success. 

Emery has the yellow submarines playing some lovely football all season .

Supporters have until 13:00 BST on Friday, May 7th to apply for tickets via UEFA's official ticket portal to apply for a maximum of two tickets per person.

2,000 tickets will be made available to the general public in this manner, with United and Villarreal set to also have their own allocation of 2,000 tickets.

Via UEFA, tickets are not sold on a first-come, first-served basis and, instead, all the applications will enter a ballot - with a lucky few landing one of the 2,000 available tickets.

Applicants will be informed by email by May 14th as to whether they have been successful or not.

Category 4: €40
Category 3: €65
Category 2: €90
Category 1: €130

Edited by CJGJ

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Arsenal showing the demise of a club often just happens year by year, bit by pit until you reach a point  where you can no longer deceive yourself

So does the owner sell or invest ?

Does the manager stay or go ?

A summer of change awaits but has the manager really been given enough time or resources so far ?

Jose must be thinking if only I'd held on a few weeks 😉

No wonder they signed up to the ESL as part of the so called big 6 clubs in England.  They won't even qualify for the Europa League this season, and there are other clubs in England who are strengthening that makes it increasingly less likely that Arsenal will get back into the Champions League any time soon, unless they make big changes  

Arsenal were passive. And that's being generous. 

The midfield was disjointed, especially Thomas Partey, who I'm sorry to say has been a flop. Some Gooners rate him but the reality is that very few players leave Atletico and raise their game - most slide. He was the weakest link tonight. 

There was also a concern about pace - Arsenal have some speed kings in the squad but they never showed up tonight. Running was frowned upon. Emery will be very happy with the way he executed the game - receiving only three shots on target in 90 minutes, when your already 2-1 up. 

It's a problem - but I see the main cause being the competition - which just got better and better. If you were a top footballer being scouted by the premier league clubs, who would you pick between Leicester City (Brendan Rodgers crushing it) and Arsenal (Arteta still promising he can work it out). 

That's the reality, for one of the super league teams. 

Deodato

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, Deodato said:

Arsenal were passive. And that's being generous. 

The midfield was disjointed, especially Thomas Partey, who I'm sorry to say has been a flop. Some Gooners rate him but the reality is that very few players leave Atletico and raise their game - most slide. He was the weakest link tonight. 

There was also a concern about pace - Arsenal have some speed kings in the squad but they never showed up tonight. Running was frowned upon. Emery will be very happy with the way he executed the game - receiving only three shots on target in 90 minutes, when your already 2-1 up. 

It's a problem - but I see the main cause being the competition - which just got better and better. If you were a top footballer being scouted by the premier league clubs, who would you pick between Leicester City (Brendan Rodgers crushing it) and Arsenal (Arteta still promising he can work it out). 

That's the reality, for one of the super league teams. 

Deodato

Good post and “passive” was the word I was searching for earlier. 

Another reality for another Super League team was going into a Wembley Cup Final last week and parking the bus out of fear for their opponents. 

Mikey1874
13 hours ago, Morgan said:

5 goals then.

Not the way I’d have chosen them to be shared but still, goals.

The life blood of football.  👹

Quiz question - why were Glasgow Rangers being mentioned last night. And it's not to do with this season's run. 

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Quiz question - why were Glasgow Rangers being mentioned last night. And it's not to do with this season's run. 

I’ve thought about this, Mikey, and must admit I haven’t got a clue.

HartleyLegend3

English clubs refuse to play the final in Turkey. Both clubs forfeit, kicked out. 

PSG v's Real Madrid then.. 

6 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

English clubs refuse to play the final in Turkey. Both clubs forfeit, kicked out. 

PSG v's Real Madrid then.. 

Fans barred from travelling to Turkey...and quite right too

UEFA and the football world need to wake up and realise like it or not there are only 2 or 3 countries where a final can be played with any degree of safety...Portugal, UK and Israel

Bite the bullet and get it rearranged.....you could hold it in Edinburgh for example.

UEFA in danger of acting like an ostrich and whether it is English sides or not they need to move the finals from Turkey and Poland