British teams in Europa League

Morgan

He's got to have been expecting a defensive match with a view it was going to go to extra time.  Not so for the opposition :)  They done them up like a kipper.  It's the managers fault and if he's not sacked by the weekend I'll be surprised. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shooter McGavin

No Champions League football for the past 3 years, yet they’ll beat the likes of Hamilton & Kilmarnock, Scott Brown will swagger about as if he’s Pirlo and the weegie rags would have you believe they’re world beaters.

Remarkable. 

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Bored while working from home, and done some mild research and calculations.

Celtic used 13 players last night, who commanded transfer fees of just over £30 million.

Ferencvaros used 14, and had a combined total of £5.4 million.

Ferencvaros entire squad last night only cost a little more than Celtic's new striker Ajeti, who was on the bench to start. :lol: 

which kind of puts the focus on the manager and tactics of both clubs. 

Popcorn teeth's ability is clearly limited to winning titles in scotland with a multi million pound squad. But lets face it, my granny could do this, and she's been six feet under for 15 years... 

24 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

No Champions League football for the past 3 years, yet they’ll beat the likes of Hamilton & Kilmarnock, Scott Brown will swagger about as if he’s Pirlo and the weegie rags would have you believe they’re world beaters.

Remarkable. 

A9A56D57-9ED7-4843-86CF-00073D7E7B24.jpeg

complete control
11 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Aye he is crazy and hard as feck coz he only wears a short sleeved top at training in the winter.

Psychedelicropcircle
12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

😃😂, teams in our league don’t get it anyway. 

Seems things just got sweeter! 

John Findlay

I hope there was a glass or two raised to Ferencvaros and the Fradi boys in the Tynecastle boardroom last night.

38 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Did anyone ever squeeze the head of their He-Man action figures as a kid? Remarkably similar.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

I hope there was a glass or two raised to Ferencvaros and the Fradi boys in the Tynecastle boardroom last night.

Ann sent Lawwell a personal message:

"Tell Peter I'm sorry" ::troll::

2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

4uH4M3cp?format=jpg&name=small

:pleasing:

Stick some oversized specs on Kennedy, and it’s Jim Cornette.

Rick Sanchez

Sellick could do worse than punting popcorn teeth and going for someone like Eddie Howe. But he has that Celtic connection and he's 'wan ae the sellick faimily' so long may it continue!

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Sellick could do worse than punting popcorn teeth and going for someone like Eddie Howe. But he has that Celtic connection and he's 'wan ae the sellick faimily' so long may it continue!

I mind when they promoted him to manager the first time. I asked my mate’s husband (bf at the time) what he thought about the appointment. “A good Celtic minded man” was his response. A different ****ing breed these *****. :rofl: 

The Continental Op
2 hours ago, Deevers said:

The hope now is that they are horsed out of the Europa League at the first time of asking.  A despicable club with despicable owners and thoroughly despicable supporters.  I love seeing them fail.

Unlikely, but who knows? These are the teams they could face:

Astana
Dundalk
Slovan Bratislava
Dinamo Tbilisi
Fola Esch
Djurgarden
Linfield FC
Buducnost
Flora
Riga

1 minute ago, The Continental Op said:

Unlikely, but who knows? These are the teams they could face:

Astana
Dundalk
Slovan Bratislava
Dinamo Tbilisi
Fola Esch
Djurgarden
Linfield FC
Buducnost
Flora
Riga

Would be even funnier than last night though tbf. Linfield perhaps?

Just now, The Continental Op said:

Half case of hungarian wines arriving today - going to taste too sweet probably😉

Stick a shamrock in it, they are notoriously bitter, and should even the taste out a little. ☘️ 🍷 

Absolutely pleasing they got horsed out last night. Is it just me that thinks it's a joke sides get to compete in the Europa League when they lose the CL qualifier? IMO if your out your out. 

Anyway Celtic - take your medicine. 

The Internet

I always thought you only dropped into the Europa from the 3rd qualifying round onwards. Must have changed recently. 

Eddie Howe would be a great shout for celtic but thankfully they've got themselves stuck with Neil Lennon for unfathomable reasons and can't see them sacking him unless they get into real trouble in the league. 

3 hours ago, Locky said:

Bored while working from home, and done some mild research and calculations.

Celtic used 13 players last night, who commanded transfer fees of just over £30 million.

Ferencvaros used 14, and had a combined total of £5.4 million.

Ferencvaros entire squad last night only cost a little more than Celtic's new striker Ajeti, who was on the bench to start. :lol: 

DR story https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/simon-jordan-blames-premiership-celtic-22586508

..don't click, goes on about how its no shellicks fault... it's the Scottish League being crap that's done it. No competition.... did we expect any less from the glorious DR?

He also goes on to speak about Lennon sending vocal messages to the board (through the media) about needing funds to be able to compete in Europe! 🤣🤣🤣

Obviously hasn't read Locky's post above!

Rick Sanchez
36 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I mind when they promoted him to manager the first time. I asked my mate’s husband (bf at the time) what he thought about the appointment. “A good Celtic minded man” was his response. A different ****ing breed these *****. :rofl: 

:facepalm:

I'd rather not have a PHM as manager tbh! Although I'm happy with Neilson.

13 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Absolutely pleasing they got horsed out last night. Is it just me that thinks it's a joke sides get to compete in the Europa League when they lose the CL qualifier? IMO if your out your out. 

Not just you, no. I’d go further and say it should only be teams that win their national league that compete in it, too. 

complete control
15 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

it is a joke. no good enough the 1st time but heres another chance to make loads of cash. Farce.

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Aye thank **** our supporters don’t think like that eh 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈.

Just now, Beast Boy said:

Not just you, no. I’d go further and say it should only be teams that win their national league that compete in it, too. 

Yep, that's how it was for the old European Cup..... it's also a complete joke (can't believe I'm going to say this) that shellick have to go through numerous qualifying rounds while the EPL is handed 4?(although I get there will be some qualifying for a couple of them!)... but always a good laugh when the get papped oot in the early rounds, like last night!🤣🤣🤣

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Quite a few groups think that. 

FA79F3A8-48B1-4355-BE11-710E17E542B5.jpeg

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Aye thank **** our supporters don’t think like that eh 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈.

Personally I was very quick to point out Gary Locke wasn’t a very good manager, so I consider myself exempt from that particular charge. 😎

Pasquale for King
Just now, Beast Boy said:

Personally I was very quick to point out Gary Locke wasn’t a very good manager, so I consider myself exempt from that particular charge. 😎

Me too, didn’t want Levein back either. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Quite a few groups think that. 

FA79F3A8-48B1-4355-BE11-710E17E542B5.jpeg

It’s how it should be. They’d soon change their tune if they weren’t in first place every season.

I’d bring back the Cup Winners’ Cup too.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Me too, didn’t want Levein back either. 

At least you admit he’s a PHM, I suppose. 🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

You think that's bad, when this new tournament kicks off, it will be possible for clubs to play in all 3 in one season.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Did anyone ever squeeze the head of their He-Man action figures as a kid? Remarkably similar.

Possibly the most random description of broonaldo I ever heard 😀

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

At least you admit he’s a PHM, I suppose. 🤷‍♂️

No chance, Fife *****.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

It’s how it should be. They’d soon change their tune if they weren’t in first place every season.

I’d bring back the Cup Winners’ Cup too.

Uefa must be on here, it’s back in another form soon. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Locky said:

You think that's bad, when this new tournament kicks off, it will be possible for clubs to play in all 3 in one season.

Hahahahaha that would a great record for them to set next year 😆

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

DR story https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/simon-jordan-blames-premiership-celtic-22586508

..don't click, goes on about how its no shellicks fault... it's the Scottish League being crap that's done it. No competition.... did we expect any less from the glorious DR?

He also goes on to speak about Lennon sending vocal messages to the board (through the media) about needing funds to be able to compete in Europe! 🤣🤣🤣

Obviously hasn't read Locky's post above!

What would that cockney twat know ffs 🙈

12 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Possibly the most random description of broonaldo I ever heard 😀

But also amongst the most accurate.

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Uefa must be on here, it’s back in another form soon. 

Would absolutely love that. Cup Winners’ Cup makes me think of that period up until the game went in to perpetual decline.

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What would that cockney twat know ffs 🙈

Totally.... but the DR have obviously been told to dig up something to deflect the blame. Scraping the bottom of the barrel now!

Take your medicine! ...and pass the popcorn, I'm enjoying the fallout!

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Totally.... but the DR have obviously been told to dig up something to deflect the blame. Scraping the bottom of the barrel now!

Take your medicine! ...and pass the popcorn, I'm enjoying the fallout!

It’s beautiful isn’t it, it always is but sweeter this year. 

Horatio Caine

Amused by the media spin that it was a `shock defeat`.  Shock to whom?  Well, I suppose to all `Celtic minded` people but I for one wasn't shocked - and I'm certainly not alone.  Why do they believe they just have to turn up and they've won?

3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Amused by the media spin that it was a `shock defeat`.  Shock to whom?  Well, I suppose to all `Celtic minded` people but I for one wasn't shocked - and I'm certainly not alone.  Why do they believe they just have to turn up and they've won?

Tom English, from the BBC website :

Celtic need to stop kidding themselves that they're better than sides that have just beaten them.