• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Boab said:

There are similarities to the Fergus McCann time at the hooped demons. He came in, said he would be there for five years, concentrated on the infrastructure side of the club and came in for some pretty harsh criticism from the fans as he was seen to neglect the playing side of the club in order to get it back to a profitable operation.

The fruits came later but if a manager wasn’t performing, he was out !

There’s our problem right there.

Comparing Budge and McCann? Wow. Magoo emptied Tommy Burns for falling short in stopping 9 in a row, even with a season where he lost 1 game!

17 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's funny how many folk have taken her statement to be directed at them.

:levein_interesting:

Nothing accessorises better with a matching tracksuit than a cap that fits.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Comparing Budge and McCann? Wow. Magoo emptied Tommy Burns for falling short in stopping 9 in a row, even with a season where he lost 1 game!

I’m not comparing like for like, Geoff.

Similarities in their tenure, the only difference was he would punt, as you said, anyone who he thought had failed.

That’s all.

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

There are similarities to the Fergus McCann time at the hooped demons. He came in, said he would be there for five years, concentrated on the infrastructure side of the club and came in for some pretty harsh criticism from the fans as he was seen to neglect the playing side of the club in order to get it back to a profitable operation.

The fruits came later but if a manager wasn’t performing, he was out !

There’s our problem right there.

I’m not having a go at the existence of the new stand or the fact that we are in a sound financial position. Infrastructure is good.

I just think that anyone who uses the expression “football department” to suggest that a football club could possibly have any main focus or raison d’être other than being successful at winning football matches should be taken round the side of said new stand and quietly put out of their misery.

Just now, leginten said:

I’m not having a go at the existence of the new stand or the fact that we are in a sound financial position. Infrastructure is good.

I just think that anyone who uses the expression “football department” to suggest that a football club could possibly have any main focus or raison d’être other than being successful at winning football matches should be taken round the side of said new stand and quietly put out of their misery.

Couldn't agree more 👍

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

I’m not comparing like for like, Geoff.

Similarities in their tenure, the only difference was he would punt, as you said, anyone who he thought had failed.

That’s all.

Tbf, he punted successfull folk as well. 

I think he just liked punting folk tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, leginten said:

The financial side is just important nowadays tho. 

Clubs down south are going pop as we speak and we were hours from liquidation. 

Anyone who doesn't understand this and understand she owns us and isn't just a football manager should be taken round of said new stand as well. 

jack D and coke
23 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Good statement. However I still think CL has only two games to turn it around. Probably has to win both.

I actually fear he might win both and get himself another year further killing all my love and passion for the club. 

I want Levein a million miles away from Hearts now. All his plans have been laid bare, they don’t work, his plans are absolute pish, he’s fooled Budge though and he’s undoing her by the week. It’s actually a shame how much of a fool he’s making of her. 

I always hoped it wouldn’t come to this but it’s here and he’s brought it on himself. 

Levein you are an utter *****. 

Out. 

If he slithers back into another role I’ll utterly despise him. 

Out. 

Now. 

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

The problem is she is meant to be the reasonable, calming influence not the person lobbing grenades.

Also this is on top of a number of other comments that seem to add up to her thinking she is better than some Hearts fans.

Not a good look.

She is better than some Hearts fans, tho. Most, actually. 

She's taken the gloves of a tiny wee bit and so many poor souls have taken offence. 

****ing diddums 

It's actually hilarious. 

The amount of vitriol some throw about then they get all offended and aghast at the phrase "genuine Hearts fans" . 

Ann's played a blinder. 

This auld grannys got some fiesteness about her after all. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I actually fear he might win both and get himself another year further killing all my love and passion for the club. 

I want Levein a million miles away from Hearts now. All his plans have been laid bare, they don’t work, his plans are absolute pish, he’s fooled Budge though and he’s undoing her by the week. It’s actually a shame how much of a fool he’s making of her. 

I always hoped it wouldn’t come to this but it’s here and he’s brought it on himself. 

Levein you are an utter *****. 

Out. 

If he slithers back into another role I’ll utterly despise him. 

Out. 

Now. 

Aye, but it's not personal..... 

It's about results...... 

😂😂😂😂🤣😂😂

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Cool story. So what does it mean then?

Well I'm talking about your post ?

You want me to explain what you have posted ?

Perhaps explains how you manage to misinterpret ABs statement .

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Well I'm talking about your post ?

You want me to explain what you have posted ?

Perhaps explains how you manage to misinterpret ABs statement .

I think you need an English lesson before posting again.

The great offended by someone calling out how genuine others are,. Certainly some irony here as Mrs Budge has spent a large proportion of her tenure trying to curb, stamp out and freeze out offensive behaviour, when this really turned into somewhat of a personal campaign-think her intentions have been somewhat misguided, less playing to the media and more authenticity from her might start a chain of responses where our coach turns from delusional to real. 

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The financial side is just important nowadays tho. 

Clubs down south are going pop as we speak and we were hours from liquidation. 

Anyone who doesn't understand this and understand she owns us and isn't just a football manager should be taken round of said new stand as well. 

We know she’s not a football manager - just as well, on reflection. We now also know she’s unlikely to be taking up a part-time post with the diplomatic service once she leaves Tynecastle. But what she apparently doesn’t know is that the people she addresses her statements to are first and foremost supporters who want to see the team doing well on a Saturday. And that relativising the absolutely awful performance of her “football department” by pointing to healthy developments around the club’s infrastructure is not what is required at the moment. We’ve got Hibs just down the road if we need to tune in to that kind of stuff.

Edited by leginten

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

She's taken the gloves of a tiny wee bit and so many poor souls have taken offence. 

****ing diddums 

It's actually hilarious. 

The amount of vitriol some throw about then they get all offended and aghast at the phrase "genuine Hearts fans" . 

Ann's played a blinder. 

The statement is just an embarrassment, to the club, the “Genuine Fans” and poor Craig (who got his mum to write a note for him). 

Sad days 

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

****ing diddums 

It's actually hilarious. 

Ann's played a blinder. 

If you really believe that then you are as deluded as she and he pal are.

All she has done is alienate those who may well have backed her had she not been so stubborn in her backing of Levein.

She made her biggest mistake in my opinion by referring to the bad start to this season and totally ignores the previoous 10 months blaming most of that on injuries.

It is blatantly obvious that CL has her totally under his spell and she believes every word of his excuses.

I think she has in some ways nullified a lot of the great work she has done for the club by this statement and she has certainlt gone down in a lot of fans estimation myself included not that that will worry her as she obviously doesn't care what we think at the moment.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Are any ‘genuine fans’ feeling alienated? And why?

I don't know if I'm a genuine fan or not but I certainly feel alienated.

Cannot believe this is still being discussed...The message was clear as day...

The word "genuine" was included to specifically exclude those people who call themselves fans but are actually paid to write stuff in the media about the club. It is not aimed at Jazzy Geoff sitting in his underpants in the Boonies writing grumpy one liners at anyone who will take notice of his boring anti-Levein diatribe or anyone else on here... It is aimed at Michael "28th Oct 2018 is a random date, honestly" Stewart. The timing of the statement 2 days ago follows Stewart's BBC article from 16th... The ONLY other person it may have included apart from Stewart, is Gary Mackay but I don't think it was aimed at him TBH.

However, the self-importance of people on here who are demanding Budge do as they say as disgruntled supporters does fit with the self-importance of claiming that they are the ones being called less than "genuine".

Get over yourselves kids...

image.png.00798f07107c1945d3b05f5a2cdb656f.png

image.png.6f6613eb5a0085822e45735616e8876b.png

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

All she has done is alienate those who may well have backed her had she not been so stubborn in her backing of Levein.

She made her biggest mistake in my opinion by referring to the bad start to this season and totally ignores the previoous 10 months blaming most of that on injuries.

It is blatantly obvious that CL has her totally under his spell and she believes every word of his excuses.

I think she has in some ways nullified a lot of the great work she has done for the club by this statement and she has certainlt gone down in a lot of fans estimation myself included not that that will worry her as she obviously doesn't care what we think at the moment.

Its hard to argue with that tbh.

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

The word "genuine" was included to specifically exclude those people who call themselves fans but are actually paid to write stuff in the media about the club. It is not aimed at Jazzy Geoff sitting in his underpants in the Boonies writing grumpy one liners at anyone who will take notice of his boring anti-Levein diatribe or anyone else on here... It is aimed at Michael "28th Oct 2018 is a random date, honestly" Stewart. The timing of the statement 2 days ago follows Stewart's BBC article from 16th... The ONLY other person it may have included apart from Stewart, is Gary Mackay but I don't think it was aimed at him TBH.

However, the self-importance of people on here who are demanding Budge do as they say as disgruntled supporters does fit with the self-importance of claiming that they are the ones being called less than "genuine".

An official club statement aimed at one person in the media?

I suppose that is slightly more palatable than one aimed at our record appearance holder.

I don't expect Ann to do as i say, but i do expect her to run the club properly and, on the footballing side, she is not doing so and i see nothing in the statement to suggest she will.

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

She is currently backing a manager with the worst run in the whole of the clubs history though.

That is a fact and anybody else would have been bulleted months ago.

Anyone who disagrees with that are kidding themselves.

It should have never have reached this stage.

She has done a great job but the persistence with Levein is one she has got very wrong.

5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

You haven’t any more clue than the rest of us who she was aiming at, so the pretence that you do is absurd.

If, however, she was doing as you suggest and using a statement on the club’s website to pursue a spat with a single media figure at a time of crisis on the pitch when she should have been devoting her full attention to how she is going to improve things, that in itself is evidence that she has lost the plot. She should leave the petty name-calling to Levein.

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Says the man who posts 'cool story' 

I see comebacks are your thing. :rolleyes:

As you seem to be the living epitome of why you should never argue with an idiot, I think I'll pop you on ignore to avoid the temptation.

Adam_the_legend
12 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Wrong, her statement was in 2 parts. The first to all “genuine hearts fans” the second to the media. It’s clear the second part was aimed at the Michael Stewart’s of this world but who was the first part aimed at??

People need to stop giving the attention to the trolls they clearly crave.

Anyone who still blindly supports the set up we have just now is either at the wind up or simply suffering some kind of stockholm syndrome.

It's too late for Craig to turn it around. It's far from too late for Ann but if she doesn't giver herself a good shake and do the right thing then she needs to go too. The best outcome for everyone is Ann pulls the trigger, installs a proper manager and we can get back to supporting her as well as the club. 

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

An official club statement aimed at one person in the media?

I suppose that is slightly more palatable than one aimed at our record appearance holder.

I don't expect Ann to do as i say, but i do expect her to run the club properly and, on the footballing side, she is not doing so and i see nothing in the statement to suggest she will.

No. The word "Genuine" is the bit I am talking about.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Wrong, her statement was in 2 parts. The first to all “genuine hearts fans” the second to the media. It’s clear the second part was aimed at the Michael Stewart’s of this world but who was the first part aimed at??

Quite. Spellczech doesn't seem to like facts that don't suit his or her invented hypothesis though.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

All she has done is make a statement( like many on here DEMANDED!), in the last few weeks some Hearts fans have

been banned for being racist

tweeted they hope the stand fall downs

wrote Graffiti  all about town.

This on top of all the granny stuff, the shagging pics of her and cl, ect that goes about on line.

Do you think it was a dig at these sorts or fans that are genuinely frustrated and act in a normal, human way?

If you taken offence to that, then I don't know what to tell you.

In terms of backing CL you can disagree or agree, fair enough but again if all you ever want to hear from the club is that he is sacked then ofc you will be disappointed with anything other than that- again, fair enough but she's allowed to show character and strength by backing her horse, you are allowed to disagree but to take the genuine fans statement personally says more about your mental state, feelings  and train of thought than hers.

How can you nullify the work she has done?

Aye, by backing CL the new stand, infrastructure and saving us from certain Liquidation doesn't count anymore.... Really?

Absolute nonsense.

Just because she doesn't bow to the mob and do what many fans want , doesn't mean she doesn't care, it means as CEO she has a far bigger remit and duty of care and can't act out in frustration or anger. FFS, people taking things far to personal and  It's getting embarrassing, just as embarrassing as our run tbh.

People ned to admit all they want to hear ic CL is sacked and that everything else we do ( even winning, apparently) is irrelevant and in some cases will get folk angry.

They don't want statements, action, our results to improve they want him gone imo partly ( or maybe wholly) to prove they were right all along and can strut about Gorgie with their chest puffed out say " I told ya so".

Folk won't admit it, they say it's about results but it's clearly not for some. Some have been rabid for 12 months plus and can taste victory but Ann is denying them that and they are getting angry, very angry.

17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Myself, and probably the majority of fans feel this way......!!

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

People need to stop giving the attention to the trolls they clearly crave.

Anyone who still blindly supports the set up we have just now is either at the wind up or simply suffering some kind of stockholm syndrome.

It's too late for Craig to turn it around. It's far from too late for Ann but if she doesn't giver herself a good shake and do the right thing then she needs to go too. The best outcome for everyone is Ann pulls the trigger, installs a proper manager and we can get back to supporting her as well as the club. 

This

4 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I've just said - To exclude Michael Stewart, who paints himself as a fan who works in the media...She is putting him firmly in the second part. He is the only person whom she regards as less than genuine - because he is paid, and has personal reasons for attacking Levein.

Edited by Spellczech

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

All she has done is make a statement( like many on here DEMANDED!), in the last few weeks some Hearts fans have

This on top of all the granny stuff, the shagging pics of her and cl, ect that goes about on line.

Do you think it was a dig at these sorts or fans that are genuinely frustrated and act in a normal, human way?

In terms of backing CL you can disagree or agree, fair enough but again if all you ever want to hear from the club is that he is sacked then ofc you will be disappointed with anything other than that- again, fair enough but she's allowed to show character and strength by backing her horse, you are allowed to disagree but to take the genuine fans statement personally says more about your mental state, feelings  and train of thought than hers.

Aye, by backing CL the new stand, infrastructure and saving us from certain Liquidation doesn't count anymore.... Really?

Absolute nonsense.

Just because she doesn't bow to the mob and do what many fans want , doesn't mean she doesn't care, it means as CEO she has a far bigger remit and duty of care and can't act out in frustration or anger. FFS, people taking things far to personal and  It's getting embarrassing, just as embarrassing as our run tbh.

People ned to admit all they want to hear ic CL is sacked and that everything else we do ( even winning, apparently) is irrelevant and in some cases will get folk angry.

They don't want statements, action, our results to improve they want him gone imo partly ( or maybe wholly) to prove they were right all along and can strut about Gorgie with their chest puffed out say " I told ya so".

Folk won't admit it, they say it's about results but it's clearly not for some. Some have been rabid for 12 months plus and can taste victory but Ann is denying them that and they are getting angry, very angry.

I think your view is slightly blinkered tbh.

The reality is she has given Craig Levein so much power within the club that she is now stuck between a rock and a hard place. It’s now not an easy task to remove him given his place on the board. 

Sadly, this is a situation that Ann has created for herself by putting her faith and trust in CL. 

I feel a lot of fans anger is directed at this situation that has been created rather than a personal vendetta.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Mort said:

I think your view is slightly blinkered tbh.

The reality is she has given Craig Levein so much power within the club that she is now stuck between a rock and a hard place. It’s now not an easy task to remove him given his place on the board. 

Sadly, this is a situation that Ann has created for herself by putting her faith and trust in CL. 

I feel a lot of fans anger is directed at this situation that has been created rather than a personal vendetta.

Possibly truth in that. I agree.

But if you taken the genuine fan thing personally, then that's on the individual, not her.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Adam_the_legend
3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I've just said - To exclude Michael Stewart, who paints himself as a fan who works in the media...She is putting him firmly in the second part. He is the only person whom she regards as less than genuine - because he is paid, and has personal reasons for attacking Levein.

Your interpretation doesn’t make any sense. IMO, and many others in the support, what she clearly meant by genuine were those who blindly support her plan. People calling for CL be sacked on here, Facebook, Twitter...etc, those who protested after last weeks game  those are not genuine Hearts fans in AB’s mind. She’s actually gone off the deep end. 

13 minutes ago, leginten said:

You haven’t any more clue than the rest of us who she was aiming at, so the pretence that you do is absurd.

If, however, she was doing as you suggest and using a statement on the club’s website to pursue a spat with a single media figure at a time of crisis on the pitch when she should have been devoting her full attention to how she is going to improve things, that in itself is evidence that she has lost the plot. She should leave the petty name-calling to Levein.

True, but I can read. Seems a lot on here stuggle with basic English comprehension. The focus on the phrase "genuine fans" and not even trying to understand it within its context and the timing of the statement is just brute stupidity...

I get told I am in something called the "Levein Defence League", but I've not defended Levein after Motherwell. I think his goose may well be cooked, but if Budge feels differently then I will defend her right to do so. This place is rife with people who cannot take a contextual view of others opinions, or perhaps wilfully choose not to do so?...

Have to laugh at people who have agitated on here against every manager we've ever had, claiming they feel "alienated" right now. It's pathetic, self-aggrandising nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Your interpretation doesn’t make any sense. IMO, and many others in the support, what she clearly meant by genuine were those who blindly support her plan. People calling for CL be sacked on here, Facebook, Twitter...etc, those who protested after last weeks game  those are not genuine Hearts fans in AB’s mind. She’s actually gone off the deep end. 

To be fair to Budge, that’s just another interpretation of what she meant. 

The better opinion seems to be that that one word could have been left out. No real need for it.

Folk still defending Ann's use of 'genuine' :laugh:

Maybe they are a close pal of hers... But the decent thing to do is admit it was a terrible choice of words especially given the current fan anguish at performances.

I still await a Budge statement where she praises the fans, especially those still turning up in numbers to watch the shite Levein serves up.

Edited by kila

1 hour ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Ann Budge appears to believe that she can decide who “genuine” hearts fans are and if we do not agree with her “plan” then we are not such fans. Childish statement from her and I’m disappointed because I thought she was more intelligent than that. She’s just lost a lot of respect from those that have backed her. 

Hope that clears that up for you.

That is your interpretation. Absolute bollocks imo. Nothing to do with the plan , nothing to do with protesting , nothing to do with wanting Levein gone. All to do with idiotic vitriol aimed toward her , breaking the law etc and a way to say she wont engage those who behave like that and possibly its not how a Hearts fan should behave. But hey thats just my interpretation so.....

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Boab said:

To be fair to Budge, that’s just another interpretation of what she meant. 

The better opinion seems to be that that one word could have been left out. No real need for it.

Exactly. A deliberately divisive word with no clear consensus of interpretation as to who isn't genuine. Perfect timing a few days before a derby when we should all be focused on stuffing the vermin.

8 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

What is blindly supporting her plan? Nobody is doing that. She has a plan and SHE is sticking to it. I support her right to do that.

Whether her plan is working, is another debate entirely...I don't think it is TBH. 

However, I do think she deserves the right to ignore all of us and push ahead, for the moment at least. Lose to Hibs and Aberdeen and she'll have to reconsider IMO

38 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I’ll answer that; YOU ARE A GENUINE HEARTS FAN (and I suspect you know you are), so please be happy 😃 

The statement has backfired somewhat as it has caused even more division amongst the fans.

The 'genuine fans' comment was clearly a jibe at a section of people. I interpret it as those who have been attacking her for a length of time - those who have been singing the "in the wrong hands" song for the last 3 years, those who continue with the sectarian & racist crap, those who think pyrotechnics are clever. She is never going to appease these guys. I also saw it as a slight at the so-called Hearts fans in the media... Michael Stewart... who are quick to have a go at what is happening at the club.

To my mind, Ann Budge has done an excellent job at the club over the past few years. To ensure we never get into the mess that we were in before she saved us, we need to make ourselves more family friendly and find other sources of finance. Some things may not be popular with certain sections, but that does not mean it is not the right thing to do. Some things may appear to be at the detriment of the first team, especially when we are going through a sustained bad patch - for example, money could maybe be spent on better male players than investing in the women's team (I don't agee, but I've seen some on hear stating that).

I'm quite sure Budge and Levein would have got together over the summer and planned ahead for the coming season. This puts a line under everything that went before, hence the lack of reference to the earlier half of 2019. We are only 5 league games in, but the position we find ourselves in is unacceptable - I'm pretty sure she recognises that. However, we are still in the League Cup - however unconvincing the performances - and we have a number of new players settling in and a number to come back from injury. I understand exactly why she would be reluctant to ditch all the plans made so early on. She clearly believes that what Levein is doing is right, especially with the Academy and the playing infrastructure and that the only problem is the most visible and important one - the results of the first team. Personally, I am inclined to agree on that.

The only dispute then is whether Levein can turn the corner with the first team results - she believes he can, most of us fans, at best, have doubts and many are past any sort of faith in him whatsoever. Whether it's a sign of strength that she won't bow to fan pressure because she believes in him or a stubborn mistake, time will only tell. I expect that plans are being made in the background as to what could happen next should we continue to fail on the pitch. A handful of good results and we may never hear of them - lose against Hibs and Aberdeen and I suspect a lot more will be said in the next 2 weeks.

Meanwhile, it's important we get behind the team and support them. Protests should be kept until after matches - these things will only have a negative effect on the players on the pitch and is likely to prolong our suffering. Whether Levein is at the club or not, Heart of Midlothian is most important and they need our support through thick and thin.

24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Absolute nonsense.

100% agree. Very well put.

And for the record I'm a genuine Hearts fan who, while being pissed off at our current predicament, is not offended by the AB statement.

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

True, but I can read. Seems a lot on here stuggle with basic English comprehension. The focus on the phrase "genuine fans" and not even trying to understand it within its context and the timing of the statement is just brute stupidity...

I get told I am in something called the "Levein Defence League", but I've not defended Levein after Motherwell. I think his goose may well be cooked, but if Budge feels differently then I will defend her right to do so. This place is rife with people who cannot take a contextual view of others opinions, or perhaps wilfully choose not to do so?...

Have to laugh at people who have agitated on here against every manager we've ever had, claiming they feel "alienated" right now. It's pathetic, self-aggrandising nonsense.

You mean you were still defending Levein before Motherwell? I hope not. Says it all about your judgement if so.

Once again, you are claiming omniscience in your opinion about who the comments were aimed at. A lot of people on here whose ability to interpret a text I would trust a lot more than I do yours are not in agreement. They think Budge was using the statement to lash out at considerably more than one person. (You didn’t address the point about whether a statement to the fans at a time of crisis should be used to pursue a petty spat with Michael Stewart, but I guess there’s a reason for that.)

I’m not sure if there are people on Kickback who have agitated against every manager we’ve had. I do, though, frequently take notice of a particularly juvenile group of posters who are perpetually in need of a party line to toe, even when that line is obviously wrong. 

There’ll be another one along shortly.