ri Alban

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Some result! 👏

Just finished watching highlights out here. Credit where credit's due. Outstanding. Performance of a lifetime from them. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• shaun.lawson

• Maroon Sailor

• ri Alban

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I would prefer England to win it if they played these Welsh turds. 

However I think that the Springboks will be too big and strong for the daffodil clad erses. 

My dislike for them stems back to many years ago when they were up here for the 5 nations. Words were exchanged. 

Agreed, the worst result for me would be a Welsh win. They are the most insufferable nation in rugby, slightly edging Ireland with England back in third. Shame that Eddie Jones is a but the team itself are playing good rugby.

Still want South Africa to win it though.

4 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

I've always said The Year Which Must Not Be Named is obsessed over far, far less by us than by certain small-minded beyond belief Scots.

Exhibit A above.

Really? Shows how out of touch you really are then. Complete nonsense statement that.

7 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Rugby's a funny game. It takes so, so much out of the players physically and emotionally. Last week, plenty of knowledgeable New Zealanders thought it was their best performance in many years - while Irish fans were horrified at the poverty of their display. This was England's best performance since I don't know when. NZ couldn't get up twice on the bounce; maybe we can't either?

Mind I thought England would win it and you dismissed it.

The British Cycling team are famous for peaking at the Olympics. 

Looks like Eddie Jones has pulled off the trick looking at their last 2 utterly brilliant performances. 

Funny that the posh bods at the English Rugby Union don't entirely get on with him. 

Maroon Sailor
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

You don't fall for his reverse psychology do you ?

He always says things like that when it comes to England

Maroon Sailor

Wouldn't mind Wales winning it

They would almost certainly have won 1 or 2 world cups if the tournament was played between 1971 and 1983

That Welsh side in the 70's was something else

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Mind when you said the tournament was between New Zealand, England and Ireland, and ignored the team which I still think will win the whole thing - while I predicted an England-South Africa final? 

I'm pretty satisfied with these as things stand:

Could look a right chump a few hours from now, true enough!

9 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Eddie Jones is a God among men

FTFY. :thumbsup:

- With an average Australia side written off even by their own countrymen, thrashes New Zealand and takes a manifestly superior England to the last minute of extra time

- Brought in as a consultant to South Africa, he helps them win the tournament and is credited by a number of their players as having made the difference

- Beats South Africa with Japan: who until then, had won one RWC match ever. Becomes national hero in Japan; starts the rise of a new force in the sport.

- Inherits a laughing stock of an England side who'd just been knocked out in the first round of a World Cup we were hosting. Immediately wins the Grand Slam. Equals the world record for consecutive wins. Then hammers both Australia and New Zealand in successive weeks: the latter smashed off the park in a manner only previous seen when his Wallabies team did the same thing to them in 2003

Yes, he's a cheeky wee scamp on occasion. But he does it all with a smile on his face and he's great for the game, not just English rugby. But what I find most impressive of all is that all along, he knew the third year in charge would be awful. Everything has followed what he planned all along to a quite amazing extent.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/sep/14/eddie-jones-england-world-cup-japan-2019-hard-road-preparation-everything

That interview's one of the most fascinating things I've read all year. Gives a tremendous insight into him. 

Edited by shaun.lawson

9 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Agreed, the worst result for me would be a Welsh win. They are the most insufferable nation in rugby

Still want South Africa to win it though.

Shock horror, I agree on Wales! And if the Boks win it, I'll be happy for them. I love watching them play and it'd be an incredible feat given they were losing to Italy, getting massacred in Dublin and conceding 57 to New Zealand - twice! - not long ago.

3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You don't fall for his reverse psychology do you ?

He always says things like that when it comes to England

:( I must've.

On 20/10/2019 at 11:18, ri Alban said:

NZ will steamroller England.

You were saying? 

13 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

You were saying? 

That's what I wanted. I want Hearts and Scotland will steamroller everyone.

Edited by ri Alban

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

That's what I wanted. I want Hearts and Scotland will steamroller everyone.

I must've missed Scotland playing yesterday? 

Shanks said no
19 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I would prefer England to win it if they played these Welsh turds. 

However I think that the Springboks will be too big and strong for the daffodil clad erses. 

My dislike for them stems back to many years ago when they were up here for the 5 nations. Words were exchanged. 

Glad its not just me, odious twats who thought they were all that, an incident involving spoons in the Grosvenor was the final straw.

Come on you lovely South Africans

Seymour M Hersh

SA have a beast of a front 8. They've been my dark horses for this all along. I hope I haven't just jinxed them. The staffs are as arrogant and entitled as the English when it comes to rugby. 

Once again I have heard the fields of anthenry being sung so obviously the paddies think they're everyone's best mates as usual.  

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Wales have done well to be virtually on terms.    SA's line speed and counter rucking are ferocious.   It could pay off later if Wales start coughing up penalties because Pollard can make a distance kick look like a conversion from under the posts.    

The lack of ambition of both sides has been.... disappointing. But it's a typical semi-final in many ways. Yesterday's game was a huge exception to a general rule of playing it safe and waiting for errors.

The lighting in the stadium is causing chaos. Incredible how many kicks have been dropped. I assume South Africa can step it up as we go on - but this Welsh side is amazing in tight corners. If they're still in contention in the last 10 minutes, watch out.

2 minutes ago, jumpship said:

We all know how seeding works.. 

Teams at the top continually are seeded in groups with lesser opponents. 

But my point still stands, in finals England are found out... 

We all know how rankings work. Teams at the top are the best. 

Just now, shaun.lawson said:

We all know how rankings work. Teams at the top are the best. 

Until they get to the finals and are found out. But thankfully they are seeded before hand and get to keep and add to their ranking points. 

But that's how it works, 

Facts are, English national football team are viewed by the British media as world class and challengers for the Euro & world cup. 

Truth is, they are not, because they aren't very good..

Malinga the Swinga

SA being sucked into kicking game. Pretty dreadful skills being displayed as far as handling is concerned but tackling is brutal to say the least. Would be interesting to see if England could find gaps in South African defence as no one else has.

Malinga the Swinga

At last, a try and a bit of a gap. Have to say, I like when South Africa bring on the number 19. Jeez, the guy looks and plays like a monster.

Malinga the Swinga

Oh dear, what a shame for Gatland and Wales. If only they didn't commit penalties and try and kill the game. Still, that's the way they play the game so no-one to blame but themselves.

Feel a bit sorry for Jonathan Davies as he is a quality back and player, but the rest of Welsh players deserve nothing.

Just now, Barack said:

England's to lose. South Africa are dog's dirt.

can england put a third very good performance in a row or is it a step too far?

i dont think SA will be as weak as NZ were against them

6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

The length of time wasted at things like scrummages etc is ridiculous. Clock should be stopped.

Agree with this, clock should be stopped and only restarted when the ball is put in. Not hard to implement.

7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Oh dear, what a shame for Gatland and Wales. If only they didn't commit penalties and try and kill the game. Still, that's the way they play the game so no-one to blame but themselves.

Feel a bit sorry for Jonathan Davies as he is a quality back and player, but the rest of Welsh players deserve nothing.

Typically sour, bitter nonsense.

Wales gave it everything and came up fractionally short. Their ballsiness on going for broke with the penalty which they turned into a try was incredible. Many many semi-finals are like that: old fashioned arm wrestles. It's South Africa I'm really disappointed by. They need a Plan B badly if they're to stand a chance next week. 

10 minutes ago, Barack said:

England's to lose. South Africa are dog's dirt.

What did you say last week after NZ-Ireland?