ri Alban

Malinga the Swinga

No risk rugby works to an extent, but when you are three points down with 2 minutes to go, you keep the ball and take risks to win the game. Wales kicked it away and hoped the opposition made a mistake.

They got what their style deserved, nothing.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• shaun.lawson

• Maroon Sailor

• ri Alban

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

Typically sour, bitter nonsense.

Wales gave it everything and came up fractionally short. Their ballsiness on going for broke with the penalty which they turned into a try was incredible. Many many semi-finals are like that: old fashioned arm wrestles. It's South Africa I'm really disappointed by. They need a Plan B badly if they're to stand a chance next week. 

Total shite as normal from someone who has never played sport at a high level. South Africa didn't play game to keep you happy, they played and won.

Negative rugby from Wales finally cost them. As for next week, we shall see. Guess a lot depends on who refs the final as to what skul-duggery is allowed and what isn't.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Dunno Shaun, look it up. 

If you're using someone else's wrong predictions as some sort of moral win online, with your past history on social media...

:lol:

:glorious:

Gatland a better loser than Steve Hanson though main news conference still to come.

When he gets the New Zealand job in a few years he can enjoy having more than 30 players to build a team. 

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Dunno, Shaun look it up. 

If you're using someone else's wrong predictions as some sort of moral win online, with your past history on social media...

:lol:

I'm not using it as a 'moral win' at all. I'm just so so struck by how no-one learns a damn thing, ever. 

This sport produces lots and lots of supposedly shock results in meetings between major nations... because this sport is so much about collisions, intensity, 90% perspiration 10% inspiration. Yet it's as though people think that what they see one week is then set in stone for the rest of the tournament. It's nuts. 

New Zealand were fantastic v Ireland. Many people thought they looked unstoppable. Then they didn't just lose; they were thrashed. And while that's a pretty new experience for them, it's not at all new where the Rugby World Cup is concerned. France in 1999 were a total joke before their performance of a lifetime in the semi; so were Australia in 2003; so were England in 2007... I could go on. It's rugby. And any team with not only one set of monster forwards, but another set of monster forwards who frankly seem even better, cannot be written off.

Edited by shaun.lawson

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Total shite as normal from someone who has never played sport at a high level.

Cliche central. Tell us about your glorious career. I'm all ears.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Gatland a better loser than Steve Hanson though main news conference still to come.

When he gets the New Zealand job in a few years he can enjoy having more than 30 players to build a team. 

They have to give him the job. Surely? His record is absolutely incredible.

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Total shite as normal from someone who has never played sport at a high level. South Africa didn't play game to keep you happy, they played and won.

Negative rugby from Wales finally cost them. As for next week, we shall see. Guess a lot depends on who refs the final as to what skul-duggery is allowed and what isn't.

Depends if you class Soggy Biscuit as a sport or not 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I'm not using it as a 'moral win' at all. I'm just so so struck by how no-one learns a damn thing, ever.

Goan yourself then :lol:

Biggar and Halfpenny are so one dimensional. Terrible game. England should win as SA have not been great, unless they have some other game plan. I'm sure Jones will have them sussed. 

7 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Biggar and Halfpenny are so one dimensional. Terrible game. England should win as SA have not been great, unless they have some other game plan. I'm sure Jones will have them sussed. 

Be interesting to see England without Farrell and one of Watson or Daly. Ireland without Sexton.

Wales best players Anscombe and Liam Williams would have allowed for a different game. 

Edited by Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Be interesting to see England without Farrell and one of Watson or Daly. Ireland without Sexton.

Wales best players Anscombe and Liam Williams would have allowed for a different game. 

Farrell not great either. England have better players than him and can play different ways. SA are brut force most of the time. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

England will walk it.

In the three World Cup Finals England have won in different sports, there's been a glaring pattern. We never 'walk' anything at this stage. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

As would Kolbe for South Africa, so swings and roundabouts. It's a squad game, after all.

14 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:spoton:

Just cant see past it, Jonno.

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:rofl:

Someone crack a joke, ri?  :wink: 

1 hour ago, willie wallace said:

Hope you are wrong.

Come on the Boks

I'm not really fussy either way, Willie. 

I just think, from what I've seen, that England are so much stronger (better?) than the Springboks.

6 hours ago, Morgan said:

The Cup is as good as England’s now.

Totally agree, I thought today's game was pretty poor. SA are all about brute force and mega defence something that England aren't too bad at either. Tbh England probably deserve to win the tournament. I also expect New Zealand to win the third place play off game comfortably.

30 minutes ago, jamb0_1874 said:

Totally agree, I thought today's game was pretty poor. SA are all about brute force and mega defence something that England aren't too bad at either. Tbh England probably deserve to win the tournament. I also expect New Zealand to win the third place play off game comfortably.

Hi, I agree with every point you make. 

England have been the best team I’ve seen in this tournament.

The White Cockade

England will win unless the Boks stop kicking most of their possession away

South Africa can play an awful lot better than they have shown so far but England must be favourites 

Nicked from elsewhere.

Teams England have played and had a victory against in the last two years

Argentina

Australia

France

Ireland

Italy

Japan

New Zealand

Samoa

South Africa

Tonga

USA

Wales

Teams England have played and not had a victory against in the last two years

Scotland 😎

27 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

Nicked from elsewhere.

Teams England have played and had a victory against in the last two years

Argentina

Australia

France

Ireland

Italy

Japan

New Zealand

Samoa

South Africa

Tonga

USA

Wales

Teams England have played and not had a victory against in the last two years

Scotland 😎

And that proves?

23 minutes ago, Morgan said:

And that proves?

It's a straw to clutch at, bless him.

In all fairness though: one of the biggest reasons I've been stunned at how much England have improved and how mature we've looked is, well, Twickenham in March. No international side in history had ever given up a 31-point lead, least of all at home. What I found really strange was, after we equalised completely undeservedly right at the end, everyone just seemed to brush it off. 

Scotland were brilliant that day - but England were like marshmallow. We're only 7 months on from that, yet it's hard to believe it ever happened now.

Edited by shaun.lawson

2 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

England will win unless the Boks stop kicking most of their possession away

South Africa can play an awful lot better than they have shown so far but England must be favourites 

Favourites haven't lost the final since 1995. Disconcertingly, next week's opponents were the side who achieved that. 

30 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

In all fairness though: one of the biggest reasons I've been stunned at how much England have improved and how mature we've looked is, well, Twickenham in March. No international side in history had ever given up a 31-point lead, least of all at home. What I found really strange was, after we equalised completely undeservedly right at the end, everyone just seemed to brush it off. 

Scotland were brilliant that day - but England were like marshmallow. We're only 7 months on from that, yet it's hard to believe it ever happened now.

No straws to clutch at here, just a bit of lighthearted fun.

And you can keep your condescension to yourself, 'bless him', it's easy to see why you're seen as a bit of a joke figure on here.

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

In all fairness though: one of the biggest reasons I've been stunned at how much England have improved.....is because Eddy Jones has been absolutely ruthless in his squad selections. Please spare us your condescension.

5 hours ago, Morgan said:

And that proves?

It's patter lads, FFS. A bit of light-hearted banter.

4 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

4 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

No believe, It did happen. And stuff like this is why Scotland (Well not the sycophants) want you to be crushed, even by South Africa. Listening to you and the media, I'd want Taliban to beat you.

10 hours ago, Adam Murray said:

No straws to clutch at here, just a bit of lighthearted fun.

And you can keep your condescension to yourself, 'bless him', it's easy to see why you're seen as a bit of a joke figure on here.

A bit?

Brighton Jambo
43 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

A bit?

I’m English and Shaun Lawson is an embarrassment to the rest of us.  His patronising, condescending, massively over indulgent responses reinforce the worst of English stereotypes.  We are all not as annoying as him honestly.

five years on kickback and he’s the only person I have on ignore.  He is literally unbearable.  

Brighton Jambo
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

No believe, It did happen. And stuff like this is why Scotland (Well not the sycophants) want you to be crushed, even by South Africa. Listening to you and the media, I'd want Taliban to beat you.

See my response below.  He is so annoying that he makes me want England to lose, and I’m English....

Captain Sausage
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I’m English and Shaun Lawson is an embarrassment to the rest of us.  His patronising, condescending, massively over indulgent responses reinforce the worst of English stereotypes.  We are all not as annoying as him honestly.

five years on kickback and he’s the only person I have on ignore.  He is literally unbearable.  

In agreement with an Englishman on this thread. I find myself shocked!

46 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

😂😂😂😂

Beaten to the comment by Barack 😤

Edited by sadj

45 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Half of my family are English. I visit friends down in England regularly, and I have a great many English friends and colleagues up here. Don’t worry, it’s perfectly clear to myself, and I would bet everyone else too, that Shaun is a special case/exception and does not represent English people in general. Agree with your critique of him too.

13 hours ago, Adam Murray said:

Just a bit of fun, proves absolutely nothing, don't take it too seriously.

Aye, sorry.  Had my serious hat on last night!

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It's patter lads, FFS. A bit of light-hearted banter.

Feckin knew you’d pipe up!

:) 

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Aye, sorry.  Had my serious hat on last night!

Feckin knew you’d pipe up!

:) 

:rofl:

Malinga the Swinga
9 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You sound a very reasoned and agreeable chap. Any chance you could be persuaded to stand for parliament?

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Might be a tough day for Wales

0-7 

12 with the conversion coming. 😶 Think you're right.

Brighton Jambo

This post might seem harsh but the welsh are always so delusional about their abilities and never get called out for it. 

Before the tournament they were talking about being genuine World Cup contenders and they have been shite.  

In the groups the scraped past a crap Australia, they were lucky to beat a French team that by the own admission are focusing on the next World Cup and then lost to an average attritional SA.  Now they have been battered by the all blacks. Every time they give it the big chat but never deliver.  

5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

This post might seem harsh but the welsh are always so delusional about their abilities and never get called out for it. 

Before the tournament they were talking about being genuine World Cup contenders and they have been shite.  

In the groups the scraped past a crap Australia, they were lucky to beat a French team that by the own admission are focusing on the next World Cup and then lost to an average attritional SA.  Now they have been battered by the all blacks. Every time they give it the big chat but never deliver.  

3 Grand Slams

2 World Cup semi finals

With a playing pool approximately 0.2% of Englands

Yeah - abject failure 

7 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Exhibit A

English arrogance 

Well done 

New Zealand 40 Wales 17

New Zealand scored 6 tries out of 9 last 22 attacks. Great finishing versus a tired Welsh side who at least dug in. 

Brighton Jambo
35 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

3 Grand Slams

2 World Cup semi finals

With a playing pool approximately 0.2% of Englands

Yeah - abject failure 

What is your problem with me?  Isn’t there rules against stalking people across multiple threads?

1- my post was clearly referring to performance in world cups, I have no issue with their performance in six nations

2- who mentioned England?  I didn’t? You don’t see scotland or Ireland who have comparable populations shouting their mouth off before every tournament and Ireland went into this as world number one team.