• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• shaun.lawson

• Maroon Sailor

• ri Alban

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It won’t be long until he appears telling us they were his pre-tournament pick while lecturing us about what a sporting genius he is. 

and don’t give us the shit that losing a prop changed the game. We’re always being told about Jones and his much vaunted 23 man team. 

He did call it correct though.

South Africa to win against England, who would beat NZ and Aussies.

And  great game management by the Springboks last week, by doing just enough to beat Wales and keeping a near full tank left.

Ex Boks forward coach Richie Gray (a Scot) was on Radio Scotland yesterday warning that SA wuld win and likely comfortably because they were holding so much back.

Edited by DETTY29

Wonderful stuff, England weren't even close. They definitely thought they'd won it after putting NZ to the sword. 

I feel as close to our South African brothers as I did with Croatia 😁 

Just now, Boris said:

Did the commentator just say “Great white prince Harry” as he embraced the SA president????!!!!

Not sure but he has to go home to Princess Bunnyboiler so he's rightly in tears.

7 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I looked at the odds at halftime, SA were 2-1, kicking myself now but still smiling.

Where? They were 2/1 pre-match. Quickly into 7/4 then very soon 6/4. At halftime they were 10/11.

Malinga the Swinga

Absolutely tremendous performance from the Boks. They win by having a defence that refuses to take a backward step, having a pack of forwards that, while weighing less than England, simply blew them away with aggression and desire and strummed the best 80 minutes of rugby I have seen, and finally had the backs to cut loose when required.

in addition, Snyman is a world champion and he is simply awesome. Serious man crush on the big man.

10 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Now you can see it. 

Would it be unkind to suggest that your rugby knowledge is almost as poor as your football knowledge?

Thanks for that.

Only going by what Jim Telfer said.

Although contradicted with a later post from what Richie Gray said.

Edited by DETTY29

Shanks said no
Just now, Sooperstar said:

Where? They were 2/1 pre-match. Quickly into 7/4 then very soon 6/4. At halftime they were 10/11.

i had a Corals pop up with live odds in the corner at halftime, don't know if it was an old pop up if that's possible?

5 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

i had a Corals pop up with live odds in the corner at halftime, don't know if it was an old pop up if that's possible?

Must have been old ones aye. Kick yourself no more!

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Boris said:

Did the commentator just say “Great white prince Harry” as he embraced the SA president????!!!!

He said ' no he said that's wonderful, SA guy embraced by Prince Harry'. No need to drag race into it. 

On 19/09/2019 at 17:06, milky_26 said:

i fancy south africa to win it

i will just quote this post

oh and bring oue the vuvuzelas 

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

He said ' no he said that's wonderful, SA guy embraced by Prince Harry'. No need to drag race into it. 

Thanks for clearing up as I genuinely thought he said something else. Hence the question!

Some of the English players who are ordinary were made look that and less. Farrell, Vinupolas, Tuilagi, I could go on. We have to listen to hyperbole during the 6N about players but that was on a different level from SA and the English were made to look shambolic. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Boris said:

Thanks for clearing up as I genuinely thought he said something else. Hence the question!

No worries. Wound it back to check as thought it unlikely unless Farage had been brought into commentate on final.

No worries. Wound it back to check as thought it unlikely unless Farage had been brought into commentate on final.

👍

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

You know that's Morgan Freeman, not Mandela...right?

😬

of course,  I'm insulted you had to ask me that :lol:

Stephane Grappelli
13 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Thanks for that.

Only going by what Jim Telfer said.

Although contradicted with a later post from what Richie Gray said.

Only kidding Dettster!  ;)

Stephane Grappelli
7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Ru Paul's drag race?

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

British Lions v South Africa in 2021 will be good. 

Are we no taking the Irish with us this time then?

Get with the times, Mikey. ;)

Malinga the Swinga

Before the match, 90% of the pundits predicted only one team would play rugby and they were right,

only one team would score tries and they were right,

the opposition would have no answer to their all round pace and power and they were right

So pleased they got the one thing wrong though.

Well done SA, Their pack steamrollered all over the the English forwards. After the performance against NZ I never saw  this coming. Thought the commentary team( although obviously wanting an English win) were very respectful and gave due credit to the Boks. In the minority but don,t get all the barbed comments about England as it just makes us out a bit parochial.

13 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

My call? I'm English so please disregard it - but England in a close one, which might even go to extra time. And in the five previous finals these two nations have played, they have a grand total between them of just one try (Jason Robinson, 2003). The Springboks are played 2, won 2 in finals having scored no tries at all! So it's likely to be tense, tight, and the side which makes fewer errors will win.

tenor.gif

South Africa did do things under the radar.

But same as England surprised people in being so good against New Zealand, South Africa had the game and depth of ability and tactics. 

There will be a lot about the black players and captain.

But actually the opportunities for black players to get chances is limited. If that changes now watch out world. 

Shanks said no

That explains it, the bus was late (not an excuse used by Jones)

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Brighton Jambo

Thought eddy jones was very fair.

gave credit to SA, said best team won

when asked about being late he simply said ‘we have no excuses’ 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Well done SA, Their pack steamrollered all over the the English forwards. After the performance against NZ I never saw  this coming. Thought the commentary team( although obviously wanting an English win) were very respectful and gave due credit to the Boks. In the minority but don,t get all the barbed comments about England as it just makes us out a bit parochial.

Laurence Dallaglio is a gent and whenever he is involved he is always fair. To be fair, they couldn't say much else as it was a deserved and dominant win. Even Eddie Jones saying it like it was. He gave No Excuses.

Only idiots like Dawson (sounds like Lawson) made a fool of himself.

Laurence Dallaglio is a gent and whenever he is involved he is always fair. To be fair, they couldn't say much else as it was a deserved and dominant win. Even Eddie Jones saying it like it was. He gave No Excuses.

Only idiots like Dawson (sounds like Lawson) made a fool of himself.

yep, i didn't read the article by martin johnson on bbc website yesterday but the headline was england needed to avoid complacency. he was right such a difference to the little englander dawson 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

:lol:

Just thought I'd ask. It's easy enough to pick the wrong picture when you're rushing it. 

Too true pal, it does happen. I’m Sure there was some burd who got a selfie with MF and uploaded it saying what an honour to meet Nelson Mandela 

29 minutes ago, Barack said:

You know that's Morgan Freeman, not Mandela...right?

😬

:lol: Didn't notice either.