• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• shaun.lawson

• Maroon Sailor

• ri Alban

57 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The press in the build up to this game seem to have forgotten that Australia just aren’t very good just now. They haven’t really impressed in this World Cup apart from in bursts. 

Correct. They're in serious trouble. The wonder is how on Earth they were so good for so long given the incredible lack of interest in the sport there and their tiny playing pool. The build-up was based on their historical reputation, which demands respect (and they did thrash New Zealand a couple of months back)... but you're right of course.

Tougher tests ahead, much tougher. But 40-16 in a World Cup quarter-final? I'll take that any day of the week. As would anyone on here. Folks, we're a long way off winning this thing just yet. The bitter, salty tears (not from you Taz, I might add) are rather premature. 

New Zealand shouldn't have a haka AND anthem. Twats.

Glad the Irish fans were drowning the shite out.

However, now the rugby is about to start I hope New Zealand utterly destroy them 😁

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Not a big fan of the haka. 

Me neither. I loved the old version they had in the 90s. This one's a total waste of time which just makes them look ridiculous.

Just now, neilnunb said:

New Zealand shouldn't have a haka AND anthem. Twats.

100% this. And when France marched towards it before the 2011 final, World Rugby fined their players almost the entire match fee!

12 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Not a big fan of the haka. 

It's in the IRB rules it must be respected.

If they want one, and it's for the crowd, do it at least 30 mins before the game starts.  Crwowd can come in earlier if they wantand the other team gets on with it's warm up.

Edited by DETTY29

England very good, defended well, kicked well and took their chances.  Perfect game management.

Throwing the ball around in these conditions aren't very good tactics unless you know you can dominate most other aspects of the game.

So poor tactics from Scotalnd v. Ireland, Australia today.

Japan managing it though.

23 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

100% this. And when France marched towards it before the 2011 final, World Rugby fined their players almost the entire match fee!

When O'Driscoll 'disrespected' the haka for Lions he nearly got his neck broken. 

Brighton Jambo

Ireland so overrated.  Number one team in the world my arse.  England put nearly 60 points on themselves before the World Cup and I can see All blacks putting 50+ here.  

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

When O'Driscoll 'disrespected' the haka for Lions he nearly got his neck broken. 

Imagine wanting to hurt someone over a dance. I appreciate it's a cultural thing but it's sport and NZ shouldn't be given this psychological advantage. 

coatbridgejambo

The No1 ranked team eh. Pumped 😄

Snap

Edited by coatbridgejambo

Brighton Jambo
5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Can it be an NZ v Japan final if it works out? 2 best teams. 

Japan haven’t beaten anyone truly decent yet.  We will see tomorrow whether they are the real deal.  

The worrying thing for Ireland is that when NZ are up against it in a game they tend to blow teams away in the last 20 minutes. So potentially they still have that in their locker for a cricket score unless they coast the end of the game to save men for the semi final. 
unless of course a Twickenham style miracle happens and Ireland bring this back. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Peter O'Mahony who injured Stuart Hogg with foul play in last 6 Nations game. 

Nice one there to end first half. 

And he’s got the cheek to look baffled. His left arm was tucked against his body to make sure the shoulder made maximum impact on the man on the floor. A cheap cowardly shot. 

Captain Sausage

O’Mahony is a straight up thug. Ireland needed a score there and absolute idiocy has just cost them. 

Oh well. What goes around comes around. 

It's sport, so y'know, anything can happen (in theory, at least) - but the gulf in class is bloody terrifying. Unlike in the past, it's not obvious who New Zealand's game breakers and real star players are... but they do everything so incredibly well. And look defensively impregnable.

In the first 20 minutes against South Africa, I'd never seen any All Black side look so harried, so under pressure. They ended up blowing the Boks away! This has been even more awesome so far. Bloody hell. 

5 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

It's sport, so y'know, anything can happen (in theory, at least) - but the gulf in class is bloody terrifying. Unlike in the past, it's not obvious who New Zealand's game breakers and real star players are... but they do everything so incredibly well. And look defensively impregnable.

In the first 20 minutes against South Africa, I'd never seen any All Black side look so harried, so under pressure. They ended up blowing the Boks away! This has been even more awesome so far. Bloody hell. 

We're in a different era to when New Zealand kept getting knocked out in quarters or semis. 

27 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Japan haven’t beaten anyone truly decent yet.  We will see tomorrow whether they are the real deal.  

Beat Ireland and Scotland. OK we weren't at our best but I expected Scotland to beat them. I just want the final to be those 2 teams for the spectacle either that or France if they can be proper France! Couldn't bear watching the turgid Welsh and English. 

Brighton Jambo
11 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Beat Ireland and Scotland. OK we weren't at our best but I expected Scotland to beat them. I just want the final to be those 2 teams for the spectacle either that or France if they can be proper France! Couldn't bear watching the turgid Welsh and English. 

That’s fair enough, obviously as an Englishman I don’t mind winning while being turgid.  

Plus if 4 tries and 40 points is turgid I will take that all day long given last time we beat Australia in a quarter final the score was 10-12 with no tries for England!! 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Good to see Sexton, Murray, Stander, Kearney all looking ordinary instead of the six nations hyberbole about them. 

Maybe but what does that say about us. In hindsight Japan probably did as a favour as I shudder to think the outcome if we had played the All Blacks.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Maybe but what does that say about us. In hindsight Japan probably did as a favour as I shudder to think the outcome if we had played the All Blacks.

That's why it was no big deal not getting out the group.

Scotland would need another team to knock New Zealand out to stand a chance of going all the way.

5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

That’s fair enough, obviously as an Englishman I don’t mind winning while being turgid.  

Plus if 4 tries and 40 points is turgid I will take that all day long given last time we beat Australia in a quarter final the score was 10-12 with no tries for England!! 

Didn't see game but England have a chance. They have a strong squad and don't get intimidated. I wish Scotland were turgid and winning. Can't stand Jones! 

17 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

England scored 24 tries in this year's Six Nations, ten more than anyone else. Jonny May's scored more tries in international rugby this year than any other player. We put four past the Aussies today and looked good. We're hardly the most exciting side in the tournament - but it isn't the early 90s or mid to late noughties any longer. 'Turgid', my arse. 

But yes, we really do find out how good Japan truly are tomorrow. Their opponents are twice World Champions - who in their two victorious World Cup Finals, have a grand total of zero tries. Yet strangely, are never accused of what England are.

Maroon Sailor

Can't even get a consolation try.

They can now !

Perseverance pays off

Edited by Maroon Sailor