• sadj

• Cruyff Turn

• Thomaso

• Herbert.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WheatfieldWarrior
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Belgium are one of the best sides on the planet. 

We got spanked and it was expected.

Clarkey kens his onions, he’ll turn us around but he needs time and should get it. 

He is a good manager, but he needs something he can put park.

rudi must stay
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Clarkey kens his onions, he’ll turn us around but he needs time and should get it. 

He won't get time. Not much anyway

We look flat and lacking ideas

Turned off at 2-0. Just past caring now. The whole thing needs ripped up and started from scratch. We are absolutely pathetic.

Need to stop playing these games at an empty Hampden too. Get them moving about the country.

Clark Griswold

unfortunately Clarke can only pish with the welt hes got. He needs time to get it right, was always gonna be hard to get out of this group.

1 minute ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

He is a good manager, but he needs something he can put park.

Just now, rudi must stay said:

He won't get time. Not much anyway

We look flat and lacking ideas

He can only pick from the pool he has.

No one else would have faired any better tonight.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Correct - well, other than the "he'll turn us around" bit, because there's no way of knowing. Of course it takes time though. Michael O'Neill's side gave a terrific account of themselves tonight. His first two games in charge of Northern Ireland were a 3-0 home defeat by Norway and a 6-0 thrashing in Holland.

It hardly helps Clarke, though, that NI, Wales and Ireland are all competitive: despite only having one world class player between the three of them. Scotland look the weakest of the British Isles sides by miles. Probably never been at a lower ebb than right now.

48 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Mulgrew has failed in 0 tournaments with the national team.

Qualifiers would be more accurate 

1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

I have to be honest here. If folk think Clarke is the problem then I will give up

Whats your thoughts on how to sort it CC? 

Not unexpected but the other bad results are more damning.    We are particularly shite at the moment with no particular reason to believe we'll become decent in the near to medium future.      Total pish and continuing to know it.

rudi must stay

The pool is alright. I agree with Willie Miller, he doesn't seem to be moulding a team like he did at Killie

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Wandered passed a Ladbrokes earlier, wee feeling in my bones so popped a modest fiver on 4-0 Belgium at 14-1.

Amazed you got that price after last time...and with our defence. Or were the bookies expecting 5,6,7,8?

WheatfieldWarrior
Just now, rudi must stay said:

The pool is alright. I agree with Willie Miller, he doesn't seem to be moulding a team like he did at Killie

He took at least 6 months to get killie playing well - that didn't happen overnight.

Next few games will cut out the dross who don’t want to be there - nothing to play for -   Would happily swap a ‘skilled’ player

for a player less skilled but with heart. 

been here before
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Amazed you got that price after last time...and with our defence. Or were the bookies expecting 5,6,7,8?

Never really checked tbh. Had a wee fancy they'd get 4, couldnt see where a Scottish goal could come from and thought 14s looked no bad so just fired on.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

He took at least 6 months to get killie playing well - that didn't happen overnight.

He got them playing better instantly. After 6 months Killie were a brilliant team

9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

There isn't another Scot that would do a better job.  

1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

Correct - well, other than the "he'll turn us around" bit, because there's no way of knowing. Of course it takes time though. Michael O'Neill's side gave a terrific account of themselves tonight. His first two games in charge of Northern Ireland were a 3-0 home defeat by Norway and a 6-0 thrashing in Holland.

It hardly helps Clarke, though, that NI, Wales and Ireland are all competitive: despite only having one world class player between the three of them. Scotland look the weakest of the British Isles sides by miles. Probably never been at a lower ebb than right now.

We are at the moment. 

Wales have Ramsey and Bale and N.Ireland play to their strengths. 

McLeish was fannying around with different selections and never found his team.

Clarke has yet to find his.

It’s very difficult for Scotland just now. We have literally no one at right back bar Stephen O’Donnell and no one upfront other than Leigh Griffiths who’s barely kicked a ball in a year.

Our Centerhalf options other than Mulgrew , are very young and inexperienced. N.Ireland have Cathcart and Evans who’ve played together for a while now. 

That said, in the main, we have better players than N.Ireland so there can be little in the way of excuses. Our midfield options are actually pretty good. 

I think one one of the main things in N.Irelands favour though is Windsor Parks a bit of a Fortress and they have a good core of their team that have played together for a while. 

Hampden is clearly a problem for us now. 

I think Clarke will do a good job in the long term and there is no better candidate but he has a really tough challenge on his hands.

Craig Levien's classic 4-6-0 still works a treat. I knew deep down he was actually a future thinking manager. It's just like watching Hearts. Stevie Clarke using the tried and tested tactics that make it all that more special and meaningful to support Hearts & Scotland. 

Long live Levien. Scotlands hero finally gets the recognition he deserves. SFA get them both into the hall of fame rapid style. 

Just goes to show you that Brexit really does mean Brexit. Scottish football is the best on the continent, and Messi, Ronaldo and Co will be inspired and amazed by the performances of those brave English rejects wearing the mighty blue tonight. 

As Tam Cowan would say, you cannae beat it.

What a time to be alive. I thought the eclipse, the millennium and Hearts destroying Hibernian in the cup final would be the biggest and most memorable moments of my life span but what we have just witnessed is the greatest thing we will ever see in our lifetime. Put all 3 together and it wouldn't even come close to that mesmerising display of pure grit and determination displayed by those brave and talented men in the blue this evening. 

Proud to be Scottish.

Penicillin, MRI, TV, Kaleidoscopes, Radar, Telephone and now you can add the best of them all to that list.

The 4-6-0 Invented in Scotland.

been here before
Just now, FWJ said:

Less than half full, I’d say.

Might as well play the San Marino game at McDiarmid

I looked at a ticket for that game this afternoon. North Stand, D1 £30 😂

30 sheets to watch Scotland v San Marino in a Hampden with about 16 other people in it.

7 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

He’s speaking a lot of sense. Utterly bizarre. 

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Kris Boyd is positive for the future then 😂😂

5 minutes ago, graham said:

He’s 100% spot on 👌

He is absolutely spot on. I was going to say in my post to CC that when i was a kid i’d be playing morning to night. I’d get to train with the first team at times and outside of that i’d be down the park kicking about with the local juniors and their pals. They would smash you when you were being a cocky wee shit but you learnt and you had fun. Now , as someone said the other day its all about having a degree and a robotic performance. Someone earlier said Mulgrew is a jack of all trades that sums up our team i think. 

Edited by sadj

9 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The pool is ok in certain areas.

Willie Millers a spongoloid mate. 👍🏼

4 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

There isn't another Scot that would do a better job.  

No, there isn’t and no one else would touch it with a ten foot pole. 

No, there isn’t and no one else would touch it with a ten foot pole. 

Is malky Mackay still moulding our future?  Haven't heard about about him or from him in about two years.

Wasn’t really sure how tonight’s game could be turned in to a Levein bashing thread, but fair dues. I’ll not be underestimating Kickback again. 🙃

2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Is malky Mackay still moulding our future?  Haven't heard about about him or from him in about two years.

Hope not, they’ll end up like the Hitler Youth if that’s the case.

Governor Tarkin

they’ll end up like the Hitler Youth.

:jjyay:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

That was a half-time prediction, right? :wink:

But of course, Ron.  :thumbsup:

I got the full-time score spot on against Russia so, to make it a wee bit more difficult for myself, I went for a half-time score against Belgium.

Montgomery Brewster
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not disclosed the crowd yet.

Just over 25,000 was announced over the tannoy. They had about 3000

Edited by Montgomery Brewster

Just now, jambocub said:

He's right with what he said tonight

Absolutely. It's utterly depressing though. He's spot on and there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

6 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Just over 25,000 was announced over the tannoy. They had about 3000

Imagine what the crowds will be for the last 2 home games. Don’t know if their hands are tied to reduce prices if people have bought the campaign season ticket

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

You should've seen the Greek crowd in Athens, for their game against Lichtenstein.

The announcer had been as well as naming the crowd individually.

:rofl:

:lol:

there really is no hope for us