***The Official Scotland v Belgium match thread***

Swanny17

Henry. Henry.
11 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Watching the Northern Ireland game as at least something at stake. Washington had a great early chance for them.

Got him 20/1 FGS.  Not amused 

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Cruyff Turn

• Thomaso

• rudi must stay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And you don’t like Scotland?? 🤔

I love Scotland and everything about it. Except the national football team and the blazers running and ruining our game. We're $#!t and getting worse by the year.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Lesson in counter attacking.

Dont think Belgium have even started yet!!

We are pressing them well. The score isn't good but there's positives

2 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I love Scotland and everything about it. Except the national football team and the blazers running and ruining our game. We're $#!t and getting worse by the year.

Just because they’re shit doesn’t stop you supporting them - have you given up on Hearts then???

This could be anything.

I have a wee suggestion for the SFA. Play all future internationals at Tynecastle. The smaller pitch, tight stadium and more intimidating atmosphere might mean we’d be in with a better chance of finishing fourth in our groups....

6 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Still a shite thing to post.  You prefer Belgium to your own country? 

yup. Just because I'm Scottish doesn't mean I have to support them. they are shite.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Why? Its an opportunity to get a lost generation back into following the national side!

It would mask the fundamental flaws which have turned us into a joke.

rudi must stay

Not playing well and still 2-0. Attacking wise Belgium are teaching us a lesson, even that free kick was planned, not just 'put it in the box'

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

This could be anything.

I have a wee suggestion for the SFA. Play all future internationals at Tynecastle. The smaller pitch, tight stadium and more intimidating atmosphere might mean we’d be in with a better chance of finishing fourth in our groups....

Whilst I agree, it will never happen. The beaks love Hampden for some reason. 

1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

This could be anything.

Pitch isn't big enough.

Surely Steve Clarke must be wondering why on earth he took this job, I can only think he saw it as a free pass, it can't get any worse so may as well have a go. 

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

yup. Just because I'm Scottish doesn't mean I have to support them. they are shite.

But celebrating a goal against them seems strange.  Will you support them again if they become good again?  Is that you finished because once shite, always shite? 

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

Scottish Football is really poor. Yes Belgium are a great team but we look like little boys lost out there tonight at times.

I think the whole manner in which football is played now doesn’t suit teams of our current level. 

We try the possession, slow build up stuff the top sides play but we aren’t good enough. 

Whos out there in a Scottish shirt, snarling, being tenacious, trying to unsettle Belgium? Who’s being a dick and getting people wound up?

They don’t exist now. 

rudi must stay
Just now, VALDOS' said:

Surely Steve Clarke must be wondering why on earth he took this job, I can only think he saw it as a free pass, it can't get any worse so may as well have a go. 

Clarkes improved us, we are against the best team in the world here, and are doing alright. Better than I expected 

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Just because they’re shit doesn’t stop you supporting them - have you given up on Hearts then???

No I'm a Hearts supporter. 

Just now, FruitJuice said:

But celebrating a goal against them seems strange.  Will you support them again if they become good again?  Is that you finished because once shite, always shite? 

We've been on a steady decline since about the 80s and nothing has changed. we have had a few purple patches but we are just shite.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Clarkes improved us, we are against the best team in the world here, and are doing alright. Better than I expected 

Wot

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It would mask the fundamental flaws which have turned us into a joke.

It'll mask nowt. We'll get battered at the finals. I dont think we'll get through the play offs anyway.

3. Wtf was mulgrew doing???

2 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Some very strange people that support the opposing team to their nation. 

Bizarre. If you don’t want to follow the national team then fair enough. Supporting against them is oddball behaviour though.

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

How badly did you think we would do? 😮

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The players just don't give a shit, let's be honest.

Even our 'good' players aren't good enough/don't try.

This is a fact. No-one gives a ****.

we need to abandon international football

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The players just don't give a shit, let's be honest.

Even our 'good' players aren't good enough/don't try.

Said this after this last match.Northern Ireland are no better than Scotland man for man but they play with pride and determination unlike Scotland.

And that's who we should compare ourselves with the other home nations apart from England

Edited by vegas-voss

Jambof3tornado
Just now, iantjambo said:

San Marino held Belgium until almost half time.

I still dont think Belgium have started yet!!

Foot off the gas 2nd half please Roberto.

Салатные палочки

Northern Ireland doing pretty well. Connor Washington almost on the end of a Dallas cross there.

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

We've been on a steady decline since about the 80s and nothing has changed. we have had a few purple patches but we are just shite.

I agree that we're shite.  I'm not that bothered when we lose now but wouldn't cheer a goal against us.  Though I am chuckling a wee bit at how bad this result might be...

Genuine question  how old are you? Just wondering if it's a generation thing this attitude to Scotland.

AlphonseCapone
16 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Still a shite thing to post.  You prefer Belgium to your own country? 

9 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Randomly picking other countries to support is deviant behaviour. Worse than English Premier league fan boys. 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, sadj said:

How badly did you think we would do? 😮

Well like it is now the whole match to be honest. People will start to turn on Clarke after this

24 minutes ago, sadj said:

You know i like you mate and it was a good goal but jesus O’Donnell made that easy for them. Thats twice in the first ten mins he’s been too far up the pitch

21 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Plenty you could do about that. Like, not leave yourself completely exposed.

O’Donnell should have smashed Martens.

Still think we’ve played reasonably well but,  they’ve had 3 sniffs of goal too many.