***The Official Scotland v Belgium match thread***

Swanny17

Just now, Nelly Terraces said:Proclaimers on the tannoy at HT.

Now I remember why I love to see that GFA 11 getting a good doing. 

Tired stuff isn’t it?   Like Scott Wilson bringing back Chumbawamba to Tynie’s airwaves hoping it inspires the current lot to be like the 98 team...

::troll::

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Cruyff Turn

• Thomaso

• rudi must stay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo

Scotland have been pretty poor for twenty years or so but always managed to give the big teams a game at home in part by creating a partisan atmosphere.  What has shocked me is the amount of empty seats and complete lack of atmosphere.  Compare that to the current game and atmosphere at Windsor park and is chalk and cheese.  

Quite fitting that this is being played at the home of Queens Park as it looks like we’ve got the Andy Robertson of 7 years ago playing tonight.

2 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Glad I took Belgium at minus 2 😄😄

only half way there tho 

im on -3.

Utter depressing how predictable it is. 

coatbridgejambo
26 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Bizarre. If you don’t want to follow the national team then fair enough. Supporting against them is oddball behaviour though.

Just a knob best ignored

3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I'm 31. I used to support the national team, I remember in P5 I snuck home at lunchtime to watch Brazil v Scotland in the world cup. we were shite but atleast we got there. since probably the end of Walter Smith's reign I've just not bothered. we seem to set up not to get humped and we're not even close to building a team for the future. the national team is gonna get worse and its actually got to the point it's funny. someone said we're San Marino and I really dont think were that far off them.

That’s fair enough and I can understand why people have lost interest in the national team. But actively wanting them to lose is a bit shitty.

We are so far off the pace at international level it's very tempting to say let's just give it up.. 

I can't see how it's going to get better. Theres nothing on the horizon to make me hopeful for the future. 

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

im on -3.

Utter depressing how predictable it is. 

Yep , I’m not overly keen on backing against my nation but it was just too easy ( at the minute anyway) 

10 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Proclaimers on the tannoy at HT.

Now I remember why I love to see that GFA 11 getting a good doing. 

Agree

Billy Dodds has been on the happy positive pills 😂😂😂😂

not being a big follower of the national team can someone tell me how many tournaments Charlie mulgrew has now failed in ? 

4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

That’s fair enough and I can understand why people have lost interest in the national team. But actively wanting them to lose is a bit shitty.

I dont want Scotland to lose but we do nothing to show we deserve a win. 10-15years ago this game would have been winnable. Belgium done something with youth teams or something and they are now the best in the world and we are still pish.

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

Billy Dodds has been on the happy positive pills 😂😂😂😂

not being a big follower of the national team can someone tell me how many tournaments Charlie mulgrew has now failed in ? 

Mulgrew has failed in 0 tournaments with the national team.

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

I dont want Scotland to lose but we do nothing to show we deserve a win. 10-15years ago this game would have been winnable. Belgium done something with youth teams or something and they are now the best in the world and we are still pish.

You cheered the 1st Belgium goal :lol:

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Stephen Craigan saying Conor Washington is not a natural goalscorer. 

I realised this in the warm up at Fir Park a few weeks ago, then thought to myself, surely not!

12 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I'm 31. I used to support the national team, I remember in P5 I snuck home at lunchtime to watch Brazil v Scotland in the world cup. we were shite but atleast we got there. since probably the end of Walter Smith's reign I've just not bothered. we seem to set up not to get humped and we're not even close to building a team for the future. the national team is gonna get worse and its actually got to the point it's funny. someone said we're San Marino and I really dont think were that far off them.

I can understand the complete apathy, especially after the mcleish appointment as the previous manager, just cant get the celebrating bit. 

A couple of posters did make a valid point in saying that you used to know every player and which club they played for.  

39 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The players just don't give a shit, let's be honest.

Even our 'good' players aren't good enough/don't try.

Sorry I just don’t go for the “don’t give a shit” angle - they are trying their best but their best is just not good enough at this level.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sorry I just don’t go for the “don’t give a shit” angle - they are trying their best but their best is just not good enough at this level.

More like it.

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Did you see it? that's the sort of football you want to see. 

You can appreciate a good goal without celebrating it.

If Hibs score a cracker against us in a couple of weeks will you say “YAAAAAAAAS”?

Edited by iantjambo

2 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Think I’m just going to watch Dempsey and Makepeace on VHS now. 

Mmm....Glynis Barber! 😍

Good shout! 👍

I'd love to see the GPS data. I'd be shocked if McTominay has covered more than 5km at the end of the game and more shocked if he heart rate has gone about 150bpm

I was talking to old firm fans in work and some didn’t even know we were playing tonight or who we were up against.  Can’t stand the apathy. Could explain the low crowds as well as the ticket prices 

1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

I can understand the complete apathy, especially after the mcleish appointment as the previous manager, just cant get the celebrating bit. 

A couple of posters did make a valid point in saying that you used to know every player and which club they played 

I celebrated because I'm European before I'm scottish 😂 we're so bad it's funny. you will get people cheering when we get a shot on target if we keep going the way we are.

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

2 passes?

Wow

Look what those done to us though. if that was hearts bet you would have creamy pants right now.

21 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Liam Lindsay

tbf to Mulgrew, he’s good in possession if nothing else.

Aye hadn't thought about Lindsay actually!

Aye, maybe. I just see Mulgrew as a jack of all trades. Can play all over the shop, but wouldn't consider him an expert in any position. Would rather build a solid defence than have kiddy on centrebacks pretending we can play football. Its maybe old school, but the quality isn't there. Until Halkett and Soapy prove themselves I'd be seriously considering Hanley, Cooper, McKenna & Lindsay. 

I think though, non of that matters until the SFA get chased out. We can change the manager a million times, those charlatans ruining our game will make sure we can never achieve anything. 22 years and counting now eh? Pathetic. 

rudi must stay
Just now, Herbert said:

Look what those done to us though. if that was hearts bet you would have creamy pants right now.

The great Hearts goal at Pittordrie, that's counter attacking. But id be happy yes

The rat catcher
Just now, Pilmuir said:

Strong resemblance between Hearts and Scotland. Tidy enough but not effective.

Are we really as bad as Scotland?

2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I celebrated because I'm European before I'm scottish 😂 we're so bad it's funny. you will get people cheering when we get a shot on target if we keep going the way we are.

Mon the Earth FC  ya parochial bassa  

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

You can appreciate a good goal without celebrating it.

If Hibs score a cracker against us in a couple of weeks will you say “YAAAAAAAAS”?

if it means levein gets the sack 😂

seriously the only football I actually care about is hearts. the rest just doesn't matter to me. I couldn't even tell you who got promoted to the EPL this year.

Thought Police

Watching Northern Ireland. Packed stadium, not sparsely filling an athletics stadium, confident team, and a Hearts man up against world class defenders and holding his own.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Giving up is different to going against them tho. 

It's harder to get someone back who's gave up than one that's turned.

7 minutes ago, Herbert said:

But its not Hearts is it - or Scotland for that matter! 😏