***The Official Scotland v Belgium match thread***

Swanny17

Just now, 3fingersreid said:

It would be interesting to know how many of the ugly sisters followers actually back Scotland and not their ancestral homeland teams ? and yet as you say the weege is the “ home” of Scottish fitba .

I’m still shaking  my head at the prices , thank god I don’t follow the national team* , maybe Roxburgh and brown done me a favour in turning me away .

*dont follow them but aside from last night ( for financial gain) I don’t want them beat , in fact I was gutted at the England draw, 

I'm the same about not wanting them beat but completely understand why fans are giving up on them.  The Scottish media etc dont understand why this Glasgow obsession is having an effect.  It's not just in football though, it is in everything.  I even heard someone say that Glasgow humour is Scotland's humour etc.  Even at the weekend there was reports on BBC Scotland about the trouble at the Glasgow marches but nothing about the political demonstrations.  If it's happening in Glasgow, it's well down the pecking order. 

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Cruyff Turn

• Thomaso

• Herbert.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Icelandic football isn't governed by corrupt, junket loving, clueless clowns who only give a shit about two bigoted shitehawk football teams. 

That probably has something to do with it.

Aye bud, 

Captain Lithuania

You now have a generation of young Scots who have never saw Scotland at a major tournament. I was 4 in 1998, and I can barely remember it.

Personally couldn’t give a **** how Scotland do at football.

58 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Only thing I thought he was wrong at was not blaming the old firm for signing players from other teams , players who were developing by playing , they sign them and put them on the bench , more a case of weakening other teams .

There is an element of that, sure.

The counter to that is guys who are getting first team football and doing well at their clubs. The hooped demon contingent in the Scotland squad for example.

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

There is an element of that, sure.

The counter to that is guys who are getting first team football and doing well at their clubs. The hooped demon contingent in the Scotland squad for example.

Absolutely and I’d say the celtic midfield along with McGinn Armstrong McTominnay (sp) should be better than what they seem to perform for the national team . 

Also why has it been for so long a player doing well for their club has to wait until they’ve signed for celtic or sevco before getting capped ? Step forward Tosh McKinley etc 

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

Absolutely and I’d say the celtic midfield along with McGinn Armstrong McTominnay (sp) should be better than what they seem to perform for the national team . 

Also why has it been for so long a player doing well for their club has to wait until they’ve signed for celtic or sevco before getting capped ? Step forward Tosh McKinley etc 

Big time.

Not only Tosh. A few over the years were suddenly deemed good enough when they signed for the OF. 

been here before
28 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

206 games for Hearts over 6 years- 0 caps.

99 games in 5 years for Celtic- 22 caps.

Says it all.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Icelandic football isn't governed by corrupt, junket loving, clueless clowns who only give a shit about two bigoted shitehawk football teams. 

That probably has something to do with it.

And there is no end in sight Jonno as these twats won't ever vote for change. Scottish football is ****ed. Is there anything worth lauding in the game up here. I think not. 

13 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Excellent post. Spot on on all counts. Especially the bit I've emboldened. Small nations are hugely up against it as it is. It's quite literally mad that Scotland play all their home games in a complete dump where there's less atmosphere than on the moon.

Imagine Hearts without Tynecastle. The narrowness of the stadium, fans right on top of the players and, when it all clicks, creating a cacophonous din is what gives us a chance. Scotland should be trying to do likewise. Visits to Eastern Europe are notoriously hostile. Most away games for South American national teams are horrendously difficult: whether it's Bolivia at crazy levels of altitude or Colombia in a place which is so humid, so steamy, opponents are practically a goal down even before kick-off. Yet Scotland throw away their home advantage thanks to the ridiculous approach of the blazers.

Yep, just like Windsor Park.

BF442F52-93C0-4208-98B8-4E82BE866660.thumb.jpeg.63be0c003de18d364eed575469b6a7d3.jpeg

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Did they not invest in loads of artificial pitches?

Meanwhile, our council pitches are unplayable as they never get cut.

And youth coaches. They had a similar number of coaches to Germany and more than England (total, not per head of population). This was around when they defeated England in the Euros. 

Hampden is not a great stadium but I don’t recall anyone complaining at the atmosphere when Scotland almost beat England, or even at our cup final in May. 

If you fill a ground with people and give them a reason to make a noise, they will do exactly that. If you only sell a third of the seats and play rubbish, then it’s dire - but no stadium on the planet sounds good in those circumstances. 

Someone on radio Scotland quoted Preston saying that the game has become too middle class and that a lot of kids are getting priced out of playing the game.  Do you think that has had an impact as well? 

6 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Reminds me of Paterson with his runs and crosses. But is he any good at defending? Thought he got caught out quite a few times last night - but then again, who didn’t? 

He defends fine at Liverpool - maybe because he is playing beside 3 world class defenders...

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hampden is not a great stadium but I don’t recall anyone complaining at the atmosphere when Scotland almost beat England, or even at our cup final in May. 

If you fill a ground with people and give them a reason to make a noise, they will do exactly that. If you only sell a third of the seats and play rubbish, then it’s dire - but no stadium on the planet sounds good in those circumstances. 

Viewing a game from either end is absolutely shite!

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think a Scotland v England game is different.  You'd even get an atmosphere at Easter road for that game. 

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Fans having a poor view doesn’t impact on the team. Get the team playing well and the fans won’t care about having perfect views. 

12 hours ago, been here before said:

Adult tickets from £27.

If you want a decent seat (or given that its Hampden a better shite one in the middle of the North Stand) its 30.

Add on a booking fee of £3 and a carriage charge of 2 then thats 35 quid to watch 2 football powerhouses lock horns in a winner takes all battle for glory.

Please form an orderly queue gents.

Saw this on Facebook earlier today, made me laugh a bit

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I've enjoyed many Scotland games from behind the goals at Hampden. I was against buying Hampden as the money could be better used elsewhere and it's lost some of its aura but the view was fine when we had a half-decent, reasonably competitive team on the pitch.

20 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Fans having a poor view doesn’t impact on the team. Get the team playing well and the fans won’t care about having perfect views. 

Perfect???? A decent view would be a vast improvement!