• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• BarneyBattles44

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Phage said:

Dont get too excited folks... the panel will screw us :(

Undoubtedly. Improve the product? No chance

Edited by kingantti1874

Think Levein’s being quite smart here, putting it the public domaine.

Trying to use the press to our advantage I suspect. Not normally as forth coming with signing targets.

Edited by droid

14 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Wonder what the other bit of business was

Not much point in bothering really as it never happened.

Stewart MacD
38 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Going to play devil's advocate here but I trust Hearts have very good justification documentation, video evidence, etc. to present to the Review Panel to get their endorsement.  What we have is a 21yr old Japanese player who has mainly played for Gamba Osaka U23s, has only started in 7 games for the 1st team and has no international appearances at any age group level.  

"Well Man City have just signed him" may not be convincing enough.

Is Rod Petrie still on the panel?

He's played 23 League games for Gamba in J1 plus Cup matches. Not many goals, so I'm not sure what position they put him in. I hear from Japan that he is well-regarded and a national team prospect.

Howdy Doody Jambo
Spoiler

I

5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

We’ll get the work permit because this signing potentially brings a huge and new audience to the Scottish game.

It would BUT it's Scottish fitbaw, Petrie will scupper it

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Meshino recently moved to the Premier League champions from Gamba Osaka but with the idea to send him out on loan to gain experience.

The player doesn't qualify for a work permit with Hearts required to prove he is an "exceptional talent" to a panel which decides.

Levein said: "We are working on that, we will have an idea of the hearing date for a special talent visa shortly. I'm hugely excited about this one, he is an extremely talented young boy.

"We have been talking to Manchester City about a few things recently and nearly did another bit of business a couple of weeks back.

"Being able to bring someone into the UK on loan to us gives the player an idea of the environment and maybe Manchester City will take him after that or maybe he will stay for another year, I don't know."

The Eagle called this a few weeks ago. 

Got ripped for it iirc. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

The Eagle called this a few weeks ago. 

Got ripped for it iirc. 

I think the one he told us about a few weeks ago was a different Japanese lad, who Levein mentions as the other bit of business that was almost done with city.

Ferryjambo99

The whole "the panel will screw us" thing is a bit tiresome. The Ghanaian guy was a 2-2 vote which was probably fair enough, this guy should get it no problem if it's the same panel. 

Feel free to rip me to shreds if we are indeed screwed over 

City sign someone with the view he could challenge for a spot in the first team in 1-2 years. Same position as Sterling, Silva (x2), Marez.

So they send him out on loan immediately in order to get more football. 

If we don't get a work permit for him we may as well pack it in. Of course he is a player of such talent that we can not find locally for the same value.

There isnt a single Scottish 21 year old who City would think could get anywhere near their team in the next decade. In any position.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

City sign someone with the view he could challenge for a spot in the first team in 1-2 years. Same position as Sterling, Silva (x2), Marez.

So they send him out on loan immediately in order to get more football. 

If we don't get a work permit for him we may as well pack it in. Of course he is a player of such talent that we can not find locally for the same value.

There isnt a single Scottish 21 year old who City would think could get anywhere near their team in the next decade. In any position.

Aaron Hickey

Are the panel just old boys in the SFA or are they impartial?

I'm not sure anyone at the SFA would actually know what exceptional talent looks like.

"Can he hud the baw up?"

"Can he run the channels"

"Is he nippy"

"Can he heider it 30 yards"

Failed

Edited by Cwapsy

Call me paranoid but Rod Petrie should not be on a panel regarding a work permit for a potential Hearts signing. Should be completely impartial.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Call me paranoid but Rod Petrie should not be on a panel regarding a work permit for a potential Hearts signing. Should be completely impartial.

Don't worry, apparently we have very good business relations with Hibs, we like to help one another apparently

:cornette_dog:

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They wanted Hickey apparently.

Doubt it.

If City wanted Hickey they would take him :lol:

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Don't worry, apparently we have very good business relations with Hibs, we like to help one another apparently

:cornette_dog:

Aye looks like we're about to see how strong those relations really are :lol:

1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Eh......naw

Eh.....aye , they are keeping tabs on him , celtic were told to do one and City were looking at a sign and loan back 

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They wanted Hickey apparently.

Is it not the case that he's only under contract until the end of the season? In which case we wouldn't be very difficult to deal with, I imagine.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Wonder what the other bit of business was

David Silva isn't renewing his contract. New manager next season 😎

31 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Aaron Hickey

Based on 5 games and a red card interesting......

Edited by Jamboelite

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

If I remember rightly, part of the talks over the other Japanese lad we were trying to get from city (the other bit of business that Levein speaks of) was that they signed hickey and loaned him back to us for the season. We said no

Guest ToqueJambo

If one of the richest and best teams in the world signs someone like this for a reasonable amount of money that’s a pretty solid sign he’s an exceptional talent. Not sure what more proof is needed.

On top of that it would instantly creat a new and enthusiastic market for watching Scottish Prem games.

What, Rod Petrie’s on the panel? 

Nevermind.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

2 footed 16 year old starring in a couple final, flagged.

Lets face it, whatever we get for him will be buttons to them, and they know the younger they are the less you pay, especially when you throw in some considerable sized bones.

BarneyBattles44

Fingers crossed it goes through or **** the Hibs in Japanese and

Ry o tar O is a f.....g goal machine O. A f.....g goal machine O A f.....g machine O . means nothing. 

50 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

The whole "the panel will screw us" thing is a bit tiresome. The Ghanaian guy was a 2-2 vote which was probably fair enough, this guy should get it no problem if it's the same panel. 

Feel free to rip me to shreds if we are indeed screwed over 

This. That is was so close with the Ghanian lad when it hsould be been 4-0 against just shows how UNbiased it is.

5 minutes ago, Gav M said:

If I remember rightly, part of the talks over the other Japanese lad we were trying to get from city (the other bit of business that Levein speaks of) was that they signed hickey and loaned him back to us for the season. We said no

I suspect you've just made up the bit about Hickey - the lad has only played a handful of first team games for us (indeed, it may be some time before he features for our first team again) and 3 games for Scotland U17 so to suggest that Man City were interested in signing him is fanciful IMO.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

Of course Petrie is on the panel! The phrase conflict of interest means nothing in Scottish football. 

Tash - "We've to decide on a permit for a good player to join one of my teams opponents?  I better stand aside and not vote then"

:Aye:

Dalstonjambo
1 minute ago, Musemic said:

I suspect you've just made up the bit about Hickey - the lad has only played a handful of first team games for us (indeed, it may be some time before he features for our first team again) and 3 games for Scotland U17 so to suggest that Man City were interested in signing him is fanciful IMO.

It was widely discussed on here tbf. And a couple of the 'ITK' guys confirmed it. Don't know if it's true, but is it that fanciful to suggest they'd sign him for their youth team? Brandon Barker and Ryan McGivern were in their youth teams.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Musemic said:

The bigger teams sign players that age with NO first team appearances if they think they’re a prospect so it’s not that fanciful.

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Homme said:

Doubt it.

If City wanted Hickey they would take him :lol:

Seems everyone knows this apart from you then 😃

GorgieFifeLife
34 minutes ago, sadj said:

Eh.....aye , they are keeping tabs on him , celtic were told to do one and City were looking at a sign and loan back 

5 mixed games in a poor league and a red card for stupidity and Man City want him? Maybe they have shown an interest but he needs to play for us consistently for at least 3 years before we can see if he can go higher than Hearts.

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Is it not the case that he's only under contract until the end of the season? In which case we wouldn't be very difficult to deal with, I imagine.

We turned them down, not sure about his contract though.

57 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Aaron Hickey

I like Aaron Hickey but he isn't City level. He could potentially be but he would need to continue to improve massively.

6 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

5 mixed games in a poor league and a red card for stupidity and Man City want him? Maybe they have shown an interest but he needs to play for us consistently for at least 3 years before we can see if he can go higher than Hearts.

Ok , i bow to your superior knowledge , man city paid no attention to him , man city did not consider signing him and loaning him back to us. Myself and so many other posters on here who are aware of this dreamt it. 👍🏻

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Seems everyone knows this apart from you then 😃

Let me re-phrase that then. If they wanted him badly enough.

Anyway i thought it was Celtic we told to bolt?

7 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

I like Aaron Hickey but he isn't City level. He could potentially be but he would need to continue to improve massively.

That's what they are looking for potential

Big Slim Stylee
8 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Are you thinking he’ll be walking in to their first team or something? 😀

BarneyBattles44
19 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

It was widely discussed on here tbf. And a couple of the 'ITK' guys confirmed it. Don't know if it's true, but is it that fanciful to suggest they'd sign him for their youth team? Brandon Barker and Ryan McGivern were in their youth teams.

Hickey will go to Liverpool in 3 years.

Edited by BarneyBattles44

Obviously Brexit stuff still has to be decided but this could be a more common occurrence going forward. A lot of English clubs sign folk who don't qualify for a permit down south, then loan to clubs in Europe with a quicker time to gain citizenship so they can then play over here. Brexit will put a stop to that you would think. 

However, this may be a way round it. These players, whilst not qualifying for a permit in the EPL, would qualify up here. Sign them, send them up to us to learn the lingo and the culture, get them a permit, and they're all good to go in a season or two. 

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

That they're not good enough, or need to improve to a higher standard?

I was agreeing with what M, Pinella wrote, hence the "snap" reply.

I'm pretty confident the two players will be more than capable. 

2 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Obviously Brexit stuff still has to be decided but this could be a more common occurrence going forward. A lot of English clubs sign folk who don't qualify for a permit down south, then loan to clubs in Europe with a quicker time to gain citizenship so they can then play over here. Brexit will put a stop to that you would think. 

However, this may be a way round it. These players, whilst not qualifying for a permit in the EPL, would qualify up here. Sign them, send them up to us to learn the lingo and the culture, get them a permit, and they're all good to go in a season or two. 

Panel : so eh na we can’t give you a permit , however Pep , may I call you Pep if you lend him to Hibs , Mr Petrie will ensure he gives us a backhander to let you have the permit. Otherwise if you lend him to Celtic or Rangers we will always give you the permit

2 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Of course Petrie is on the panel! The phrase conflict of interest means nothing in Scottish football. 

Apparently no conflict of interest as Tache has no ties to the Vermin any longer.  But then neither does Tony Higgins nor Andy Walker. 

The justification for a Work Permit is "EXCEPTINAL TALENT".