Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• BarneyBattles44

Perth to Paisley
17 minutes ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

Am I on the wrong thread? What the latest on the Japanese guy? 😁

What's the topic got to do with this or any other thread?

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's totally right. They got a 12mth transfer ban in mid July but were allowed to sign players up to the end of August. So basically not a ban at all as it was timed to ensure they still had two summer windows.

During those windows they signed the 20 players that basically took them through a couple of promotions.

Of course they also only got fined a massive 100k for "bringing the game into dispute" (meaning years of negative headlines about Scottish football and court cases), the same as Hearts got fined for having fewer players sent off and booked than Morales on his own last season.

Would be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous.

Was actually worse than that. When Hearts were hit with a transfer ban it took effect immediately, and as we had offloaded as many senior players as possible, we ended up playing an entire season with a U20 team and were relegated (though only by the points deduction, to their credit).

I can’t see any good reason that Sevco couldn’t have been required to do the same in Div 3. Instead, their ban was carefully timed to cause the minimum of inconvenience.

2 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Work permit will be a goer for Meshino 

Teasing us again Eddie?

5 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

What I gather, the FA have strengthened its rules concerning WP for non-EU players in advance of Brexit.  I expect Man City are hoping Hearts get a UK WP via the SFA. 

I think your right, it could open a can of worms though with other clubs going down this route,  Hopefully it all goes through ok 👍

alwaysthereinspirit
22 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Was actually worse than that. When Hearts were hit with a transfer ban it took effect immediately, and as we had offloaded as many senior players as possible, we ended up playing an entire season with a U20 team and were relegated (though only by the points deduction, to their credit).

I can’t see any good reason that Sevco couldn’t have been required to do the same in Div 3. Instead, their ban was carefully timed to cause the minimum of inconvenience.

Who’d have thunk it. We have only ourselves to blame for them still being around. The whole Scottish football set up is a joke.

12 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

How do you possibly know that when there hasn't been a hearing yet?

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

How do you possibly know that when there hasn't been a hearing yet?

You do realise that not everything he says is from the i.t.k stand point (which I believe he is) the case is strong and man city/hearts may have looked in to the likelihood of it being granted due to the circumstances. The fact that Levein is already spoken publicly about the chances of him staying got a 2nd year kind of hint at this possibility.

Of course, he may also be rod petrie and know the outcome as he's trying to wangle it in his favour as they seem a bit strapped for cash.

Edited by Gav M

Eddie The Eagle
7 minutes ago, Gav M said:

You do realise that not everything he says is from the i.t.k stand point (which I believe he is) the case is strong and man city/hearts may have looked in to the likelihood of it being granted due to the circumstances. The fact that Levein is already spoken publicly about the chances of him staying got a 2nd year kind of hint at this possibility.

Of course, he may also be rod petrie and know the outcome as he's trying to wangle it in his favour as they seem a bit strapped for cash.

This ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️ 

With the media attention this is grabbing here in the UK and back in Japan there is no other outcome. There is no logical reason to deny this permit. The pros far out way the cons 

afanderson33
8 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

This ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️ 

With the media attention this is grabbing here in the UK and back in Japan there is no other outcome. There is no logical reason to deny this permit. The pros far out way the cons 

What Japanese media attention?

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Their players abroad get huge attention and hero status in Japan.

afanderson33
6 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Their equivalent of Moira Gordon put me off long form journalism i'm ashamed to say

50 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Two weeks from now, Edwardo?

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Their players abroad get huge attention and hero status in Japan.

Even uncapped ones?

Eddie The Eagle
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Two weeks from now, Edwardo?

Tashikana kekka ga sugu ni hoshī ka dō ka wakaranai

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Arsenal never had a Kop end. Clock end yes but not Kop.  And since the Spion Kop at Anfield was named (1906) after a battle in the Boer War involving the Royal Lancashire Regiment in 1900 (many of whom were from the city of Liverpool) I'm unsure where any Arsenal connection would come from. 

👍🏼😊

2 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

My goodness, you’re far too educated for me.

Humblest apologies, Mr Eagle.

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Arsenal never had a Kop end. Clock end yes but not Kop.  And since the Spion Kop at Anfield was named (1906) after a battle in the Boer War involving the Royal Lancashire Regiment in 1900 (many of whom were from the city of Liverpool) I'm unsure where any Arsenal connection would come from. 

Raeburn comes up trumps again!

Selkirkhmfc1874
59 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

You got inside knowledge of the panels minds aswell 

3 minutes ago, Jambo647 said:

👍🏼😊

Not according to Mark Lawrenson's piece, Woolwich Arsenal had Kop two year's before Liverpool at their ground before moving to Highbury and Clock End. No idea who is right but looked well researched...not random

4 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

それで、この少年はまだハーツと話をしましたか?
はい、彼はしました、そして、彼はHibsを憎みます

6 minutes ago, Groatallar said:

はい、彼はしました、そして、彼はHibsを憎みま
よく分からない?このローン取引が起こっているかどうか知りたいですか?

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Groatallar said:

はい、彼はしました、そして、彼はHibsを憎みます

2 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

よく分からない?このローン取引が起こっているかどうか知りたいですか?

Ffs. 

Keep the "Levein oot" push to another thread. 😂

Stay on topic. 

afanderson33

"We're going through this process but the kid and his agent haven't actually said 'we're definitely coming here', so we’re trying to pre-empt the situation and have the thing ready to go because there isn't an awful lot of time.”

FFS

https://the4thofficial.net/2019/08/hearts-set-to-bring-in-this-premier-league-ace-on-loan-imminently-good-move-for-all-parties/

""Hearts will be acquiring a raw prospect who can come in and help them avoid relegation from the Scottish Premiership this season. Hence, a loan deal makes sense for all parties as it will benefit both clubs as well as the player awhimself.""

Hang on a minute 🤔 

Man United and Man City see value in Craig Levein, Glen Whelan trains with us and speaks highly of Levein and signs, yet Levein a clueless loser?

Something doesn't add up to me. 

23 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Levein does this all the time, play down how close it is to completion. remember what he said about Naismith all summer

Looks like the meeting to decide on his permit was this afternoon. 

Should know fairly quickly if he is coming or not. 

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

You don't read the Japanese newspapers?

I laughed out loud at this...

1 hour ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Even more so at this!

well said Austin 👍

13 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

We will get the permit then he wont come...wait and see.You couldn't make it up.

Can’t see that happening. Reckon his work permit is contingent on his coming to us, and he isn’t going to play for Man City yet.

32 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Haha...they haven't even agreed to send him here yet..Holy ****!

They’re not going to agree to send him if we can’t get a work permit, are they? 

Then they’ll have to send him to Holland. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Looks like the meeting to decide on his permit was this afternoon. 

Should know fairly quickly if he is coming or not. 

It means tomorrow when article's are published late at night. 

29 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Levein does this all the time, play down how close it is to completion. remember what he said about Naismith all summer

This. If there's one thing Levein is an expert at it's downplaying the comings and goings of players to try and get as good a deal as possible yet people fall for it every time. 

Fozzyonthefence
19 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Hang on a minute 🤔 

Man United and Man City see value in Craig Levein, Glen Whelan trains with us and speaks highly of Levein and signs, yet Levein a clueless loser?

Of course, new players make a habit of coming into a new club and immediately slagging off their manager.

19 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Hang on a minute 🤔 

Yep you're right, how can we lose so many games this year and Craig Levein is still valued?? It's almost like we are really garbage and big teams like that 🤔🤔🤔

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Of course, new players make a habit of coming into a new club and immediately slagging off their manager.

I think the inference was these new players wouldn’t come at all, if things at Hearts are as bad as many claim