Ryotaro Meshino - Signs on loan

DesertDawg

Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

If so then Hearts part own him for 1-2 years and get a development fee as part of any future transfers ?

Could be - on the other hand our ‘payment’ could be getting an exceptional player for two years and we don’t pay anything for him. We may have developed him but we’ve had two years of a player above who we can afford.

A working relationship with Man City is not to be sniffed at by any measure 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• BarneyBattles44

31 minutes ago, Barack said:

The Catholic community amongst the Liverpool support, will be just as upset about the KOP's supposed origins, as the folk that died on the hill in South Africa, during the Boer War.

This place is rather surreal at times. :lol:

The Irish community.   There has always been arguments as to who supports Liverpool and who Everton.      As there is a CoE church on the corner of Goodison, I always thought that the majority of Everton supporters came from the Anglican community. 

BarneyBattles44
4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Could be - on the other hand our ‘payment’ could be getting an exceptional player for two years and we don’t pay anything for him. We may have developed him but we’ve had two years of a player above who we can afford.

A working relationship with Man City is not to be sniffed at by any measure 

I agree thanks there's money in it for Us on top of them supporting training wages etc

On 13/08/2019 at 18:09, PapaShango said:

Had also heard about Celtic trying for Hickey all summer. Typical of that lot absolute knuckle draggers

No doubt wi a wee 300k deal from Tieneys 25 million.................aye right!!

The Future's Maroon
3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Wonder what the other bit of business was

3 hours ago, Homme said:

Doubt it.

If City wanted Hickey they would take him :lol:

City wanted to buy him and loan him back to us.

Guest ToqueJambo
25 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Absolute zero chance of this boy not getting a visa in my opinion. 

If he's not an exceptional talent what is? Actual messi?

Plus,  the fact that Man City have signed him would make anyone on the panel look like a complete numpty for voting no. 

You’d have thought and I assume we’ll repurpose any scouting files etc Man City created about him.

But this is the SFA and Rod Petrie. 

The White Cockade
23 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

The Irish community.   There has always been arguments as to who supports Liverpool and who Everton.      As there is a CoE church on the corner of Goodison, I always thought that the majority of Everton supporters came from the Anglican community. 

:cornette:

Who

Even

Cares

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

100 %

The name kops comes from the Africaans name for a hill after soldiers returning from the boer war. 

Other stadiums had/still have the name kop for one of their stands. It has nothing to do with protestants. Incredible chat.

Mind when Dundee United tried to sign a player, only to have his clearance blocked, then Celtic signed him and immediately got his clearance?

:seething:

7 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

You seem to think you know the ins and outs of everything, making a lot of noise but empty vessels usually do.

Not everything but I do know a few people and a few things. 

However you believe what you want it makes no difference to my life and as your life is Fife I wouldn’t want to heap more misery on your already burdened shoulders 😉

44 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

And it was Arsenal who originally had the Kop End, not Liverpool. 

Bertie Mee to Bill Shankly

Have you heard of the North Bank, Highbury?

Shanks says no, I don’t think so

But I’ve heard of ..

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

However you believe what you want it makes no difference to my life and as your life is Fife I wouldn’t want to heap more misery on your already burdened shoulders 😉

:rofl:

Just up to welcome in another day.  After a quick perusal of things it seems that Hibs are skint, England are crap and we're waiting to hear whether Celtic and rangers will allow us to sign a player.

Nothing to see here.

14 minutes ago, Cade said:

Mind when Dundee United tried to sign a player, only to have his clearance blocked, then Celtic signed him and immediately got his clearance?

nope, which player was that?

1 hour ago, Sagan said:

Plus,  the fact that Man City have signed him would make anyone on the panel look like a complete numpty for voting no. 

Tend to agree with that. 

Good chance he will get it. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Sagan said:

Who decides though?

what if they are a Hibs fan

Horatio Caine
19 minutes ago, Cade said:

Was  that not Jason Scotland who was subsequently signed by St Johnstone?  I think it was allowed because they at the time were in a lower division.  May not be remembering this right though.

The Internet
4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

nope, which player was that?

I vaguely remember it but don't think celtic were involved. Jason Scotland possibly? 

19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Are you sure it wisnae... "Have you heard of The Heart of Midlothian..."

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I vaguely remember it but don't think celtic were involved. Jason Scotland possibly? 

that was my confusion as i know it happened to jason scotland. i also remember us not being able to sign skacel with iirc a dundee utd person on the panel and the next week they sign him

After Brexit will all non British players need a permit?

Every single foreign player having to go through a panel to see if they are worthy? 

:gok:

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Who decides though?

what if they are a Hibs fan

There's a bigger picture and i would hope that if you're intelligent enough to be a judge on one of these panels, you would see that. 

Players coming from Man City to our league is only a good thing. It get's more people watching, more money coming in etc etc. 

What are the chances of Hibs getting one of these players when Man City find out that Petrie voted no? 

This has got to go through. 

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

that was my confusion as i know it happened to jason scotland. i also remember us not being able to sign skacel with iirc a dundee utd person on the panel and the next week they sign him

The skacel thing was to do with us having a transfer embargo at the time if I remember right? 

11 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Are you sure it wisnae... "Have you heard of The Heart of Midlothian..."

I’m positive, Danny.

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

The skacel thing was to do with us having a transfer embargo at the time if I remember right? 

Remember that time Newco had a transfer embargo. I dont either.

1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Remember that time Newco had a transfer embargo. I dont either.

I do actually!!

it came in to effect once they’d made all the signings they needed.

jambo-fletch
38 minutes ago, Morgan said:

But I’ve heard of ..

The Gorgie Aggro!

alwaysthereinspirit
4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I do actually!!

Pretty sure they had at least two transfer windows after it kicked in,  were they signed players. Oh Scottish football. What are we to do with you.

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Everton used anfield before Liverpool, so would it have been Everton before Liverpool who had a kop?? Saying that if memory serves isn't the Sheffield United kop at brammal lane not the oldest?? It's one of the oldest stadiums still in use in the UK if I'm not mistaken.  

GorgieFifeLife
43 minutes ago, sadj said:

Been places n dun fings Ave u. Wouldn't swap where I am in Fife for anywhere I'm very unburdened just cant be done with posters making out there itk on private matters within the club.:bravo:

49 minutes ago, Morgan said:

But I’ve heard of ..

The Gorgie boot boys,

with a na na na na na na na

13 minutes ago, sac said:

The Gorgie boot boys,

with a na na na na na na na

An equally acceptable version!  :thumbsup:

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Arsenal never had a Kop end. Clock end yes but not Kop.  And since the Spion Kop at Anfield was named (1906) after a battle in the Boer War involving the Royal Lancashire Regiment in 1900 (many of whom were from the city of Liverpool) I'm unsure where any Arsenal connection would come from. 

Seymour M Hersh
26 minutes ago, dougal said:

Everton used anfield before Liverpool, so would it have been Everton before Liverpool who had a kop?? Saying that if memory serves isn't the Sheffield United kop at brammal lane not the oldest?? It's one of the oldest stadiums still in use in the UK if I'm not mistaken.  

Everton had left and gone to Goodison before the battle even happened so it was never called the Spion Kop in their days. 

Guest ToqueJambo
53 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I do actually!!

That's totally right. They got a 12mth transfer ban in mid July but were allowed to sign players up to the end of August. So basically not a ban at all as it was timed to ensure they still had two summer windows.

During those windows they signed the 20 players that basically took them through a couple of promotions.

Of course they also only got fined a massive 100k for "bringing the game into dispute" (meaning years of negative headlines about Scottish football and court cases), the same as Hearts got fined for having fewer players sent off and booked than Morales on his own last season.

Would be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous.

52 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Been places n dun fings Ave u. Wouldn't swap where I am in Fife for anywhere I'm very unburdened just cant be done with posters making out there itk on private matters within the club.:bravo:

Nope , lived all my life in a cave under Glenrothes , if you can’t be done with my posts , block me as i’m sure anything i say will be repeated by other posters who know a few things so you won’t be missing out 👍🏻

Edited by sadj

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

After Brexit will all non British players need a permit?

Every single foreign player having to go through a panel to see if they are worthy? 

:gok:

Is that a bad thing (bigger picture stuff) and isn’t that why it’s good to get your academy in order?

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Is that a bad thing (bigger picture stuff) and isn’t that why it’s good to get your academy in order?

I have visions of Rangers and Celtic getting whoever they want and all other clubs being denied...

... or maybe I'm paranoid. 

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Did I say that? Makes no sense him going there rather than developing here and seeing if he can make it in Scotland first.😎

Given the City resources and set up, I’d maybe disagree. Wouldn’t want him to go but certainly wouldn’t deny him the opportunity. Mind you it’s not happening anyway.

millerjames398
55 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Arsenal never had a Kop end. Clock end yes but not Kop.  And since the Spion Kop at Anfield was named (1906) after a battle in the Boer War involving the Royal Lancashire Regiment in 1900 (many of whom were from the city of Liverpool) I'm unsure where any Arsenal connection would come from. 

Im pretty sure sheff wendy or villas holte end , had the larget kops in English football ,,nothing to do with Japanese wonder kids, but thought I'd add to the chat😂🇱🇻

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, millerjames398 said:

Im pretty sure sheff wendy or villas holte end , had the larget kops in English football ,,nothing to do with Japanese wonder kids, but thought I'd add to the chat😂🇱🇻

Lots of clubs have named an end Kop or Spion Kop but I think LFC were first.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Arsenal had it first.

Can’t quite remember the full story why Liverpool became more known for the Kop End but I watched a short 10 minute piece on Football Focus a couple of years back, narrated by  Mark Lawrenson of all people. 

Yes, all linked to the Boer War.