Ryotaro Meshino - Signs on loan

DesertDawg

Unless they (the panel) are taking the p!ss then granting this guy a permit given he’s with Man City should be done very quickly. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Levein has been talking him up and mentioned the possibility of him being here for 2 years.

Will give him enough time to be eligible for a work permit in England which makes sense

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Absolutely, but how can I improve if I don't get the opportunities. Just playing devils advocate, make the thread a bit more interesting

Hearts have shown they are one of the top clubs in the country to give opportunities to youngsters.

At least two of the three you mention have had a lot, and failed to perform even semi regularly or show enough they are ready to be relied upon week in week out.

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Absolutely, but how can I improve if I don't get the opportunities. Just playing devils advocate, make the thread a bit more interesting

Opportunities are reward for effort and performance in training, competing in training for a starting spot is as much a part of a young players development as playing time imho.

20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

There is another angle to this. If you are Anthony McDonald, Dario Zanatta or Calumn Morrison, how do you feel about it?

Surely they just need to prove they deserve a start before the boy like any other player's

Our young players can get their heads around the fact that self motivated improvement doesn't cease when they've played for our first XI.     They haven't 'made it'.     

12 minutes ago, the general said:

Levein seems to be pretty confident 

Might even be a 2 year deal

Yes, I don’t think levein would be talking this guy up to the press if he wasn’t confident of it all going through 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Our young players can get their heads around the fact that self motivated improvement doesn't cease when they've played for our first XI.     They haven't 'made it'.     

This.

It's an environment where if you want to play at the top then it's a full time commitment to your fitness and development. 

See Messrs Riordan and Garry Jos for what happens when you have a lot of skill and potential but you dont focus on it.

28 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

There is another angle to this. If you are Anthony McDonald, Dario Zanatta or Calumn Morrison, how do you feel about it?

Playing one season for ICT, numerous seasons at a lower level and currently being out injured doesn’t merit getting a game ahead of someone who is deemed good enough to play for the best team in the UK?

2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

This.

It's an environment where if you want to play at the top then it's a full time commitment to your fitness and development. 

See Messrs Riordan and Garry Jos for what happens when you have a lot of skill and potential but you dont focus on it.

Exactly.    These lads currently have a nice job and get a decent wage.   They get to play in big games.     The smart ones know that if they fancy the idea of 15 years worth of decent or better wages from the game then there's no room for coasting.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Playing one season for ICT, numerous seasons at a lower level and currently being out injured doesn’t merit getting a game ahead of someone who is deemed good enough to play for the best team in the UK?

Not what I am saying or actually believe  :)

Just thought I would throw it out there. 

They might think differently and I do know fans who are genuinely glum these guys are going to be blocked. 

I think it is good for them,  bar is being set higher,  it is time to start jumping higher 

31 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

They are probably not bovvered as they are simply not near ready!

I don’t agree about MacDonald he’s a quality player and for me should be ahead of the likes of Claire in the pecking order. Him and Kenna should be getting minutes from the bench it’s the only way we can get them up to speed and ready to be starters.

It's simple.

We loan better youth from clubs like City.

We loan out our youths to clubs like Dunfermline.

In both cases, youth either sink or swim. If they swim, they then eventually play for us.

Jambosteve1902
16 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I don’t agree about MacDonald he’s a quality player and for me should be ahead of the likes of Claire in the pecking order. Him and Kenna should be getting minutes from the bench it’s the only way we can get them up to speed and ready to be starters.

Sorry but McDonald is no where near the player Sean Clare is. 

The Internet
2 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Sorry but McDonald is no where near the player Sean Clare is. 

Wasting your time mate. Clare's been completely written off on here.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

It really does show our views on the decision makers that we are on tenterhooks with this. A complete lack of trust in the system.

I disagree Jonno I trust the system in Glasgow to **** us over every single time. 

Hearts boss Craig Levein can't wait to work with Man City youngster

Craig Levein can't wait to work with Ryotaro Meshino PHOTO: PA

Craig Levein can't wait to work with Ryotaro Meshino PHOTO: PA

HEARTS manager Craig Levein is "hugely excited" about the prospect of signing Japanese forward Ryotaro Meshino on loan from Manchester City.

Gamba Osaka announced they had agreed a deal to sell the 21-year-old to City last week and Hearts have been lined up to give him his first taste of British football.

Levein said: "We are working on that, we will have an idea of the hearing date for a special talent visa shortly. I'm hugely excited about this one, he is an extremely talented young boy.

"We have been talking to Manchester City about a few things recently and nearly did another bit of business a couple of weeks back.

"Being able to bring someone into the UK on loan to us gives the player an idea of the environment and maybe Manchester City will take him after that or maybe he will stay for another year, I don't know."

28 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I think Irving should be ahead of Clare.  Better passer, vision and puts in the work defensively.  

He could play a bit more advanced on front of Damour and Whelan. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I disagree Jonno I trust the system in Glasgow to **** us over every single time. 

Well they do have a history so why shouldn't you be apprehensive.

29 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Meshino is not 'deemed good enough to play for the best team in the UK' yet though, is he? Man City, like all the other major sides in Europe, probably have in excess of 50 players in their development squads and academy teams. Some of them will make it at Man City but the vast majority won't (you just need to look at their current first team squad to see this - only Foden of the group has come through their academy I think). Of course I hope the Japanese guy is the real deal but let's not think he's the new Messiah until we've seen him do it on the pitch. 

Clerry Jambo
3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I think Irving should be ahead of Clare.  Better passer, vision and puts in the work defensively.  

He could play a bit more advanced on front of Damour and Whelan. 

yip, I would loan out Clarey to maybe a top championship side if they're interested, aka a Dunfy

Anyway this Japanese lad could be anything and would be exciting to see how he gets on with us

Jambosteve1902
Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

yip, I would loan out Clarey to maybe a top championship side if they're interested, aka a Dunfy

Anyway this Japanese lad could be anything and would be exciting to see how he gets on with us

people need to wake up to the fact like him or not hel be a starter he's one of our best players.  this is nonsense suggesting he goes to championship ffs 

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Don’t think the lad will be coming here to sit on the bench so it’ll be interesting to see who he replaces? 

Can only be good for competition though. May spark a few or maybe wilt.  Who knows? 

Jambosteve1902
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Don’t think the lad will be coming here to sit on the bench so it’ll be interesting to see who he replaces? 

Can only be good for competition though. May spark a few or maybe wilt.  Who knows? 

think hel replace walker to be honest. naisy clare and meshino behind washingtons a dangerous front 4

think hel replace walker to be honest. naisy clare and meshino behind washingtons a dangerous front 4

Mmm, Walker needs to earn it as much as anyone but you can’t split him or Clare just now for form. 

In the end i’d put money on JW edging it eventually. 

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, the general said:

Levein seems to be pretty confident 

Might even be a 2 year deal

I took what CL said as a 1 year deal but he thinks if it goes well there is a good chance Man City will be happy to extend it.

Naismith, Walker, Clare and the new boy are all interchangeable to me. With Walker the first to drop out if everyone is available.

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Mmm, Walker needs to earn it as much as anyone but you can’t split him or Clare just now for form. 

In the end i’d put money on JW edging it eventually. 

on form its clare all Day walkers been honking in both games so far in league.  goal v aberdeen papered over fact he was a ghost. and ross county he was towing a caravan

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

on form its clare all Day walkers been honking in both games so far in league.  goal v aberdeen papered over fact he was a ghost. and ross county he was towing a caravan

Aye true, we would miss Clarey's goals........:laugh:

Jambosteve1902

when he plays in attacking areas he does score goals..  though you think irvings a better passer and has better work rate than him so your opinions irrelevant to me  blinded by hatred .  The guy was so hyped before joining us fact he didnt score hat trick on his debut everyone labelled him shite and its stuck ever since.  MOTM on saturday( albeit wasn't hard ) and still got stick its hilarious. 

jamboinglasgow

Considering he has the best conversion rate of any of our penalty takers we would miss him.

HillmanHearts

Yeah - Clare has shown more than Walker so far this season.

Jamie looks a bit leggy and one paced. Hopefully he just needs game time to recover sharpness.

Jambosteve1902
Just now, HillmanHearts said:

Yeah - Clare has shown more than Walker so far this season.

Jamie looks a bit leggy and one paced. Hopefully he just needs game time to recover sharpness.

frustrating i really like Jamie hope it comes ! 

15 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Visa hearing is on Friday at Hampden.

Would have been sooner had it been certain other clubs.

That's right.

If it had been Celtic and the lights had been on at Hampden at 10.00 last night, they would have insisted on the hearing then - shades of Sinclair.

Thread discussing a development player from Manchester City signing for Hearts. Said player is 21 years old and City believe he can develop to either be a first team player or to earn them a large fee. Same thread, Hearts fans writing off Hearts players who are similar ages or younger than Meshino ... Footballing ability is transient and can improve or regress exponentially!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Going to play devil's advocate here but I trust Hearts have very good justification documentation, video evidence, etc. to present to the Review Panel to get their endorsement.  What we have is a 21yr old Japanese player who has mainly played for Gamba Osaka U23s, has only started in 7 games for the 1st team and has no international appearances at any age group level.  

"Well Man City have just signed him" may not be convincing enough.

Is Rod Petrie still on the panel?

Back to 2005
2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Going to play devil's advocate here but I trust Hearts have very good justification documentation, video evidence, etc. to present to the Review Panel to get their endorsement.  What we have is a 21yr old Japanese player who has mainly played for Gamba Osaka U23s, has only started in 7 games for the 1st team and has no international appearances at any age group level.  

"Well Man City have just signed him" may not be convincing enough.

Is Rod Petrie still on the panel?

Of course Petrie is on the panel! The phrase conflict of interest means nothing in Scottish football. 

25 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Visa hearing is on Friday at Hampden.

Would have been sooner had it been certain other clubs.

Tomorrow Friday, or next week Friday?

Everybody Loves Baz!
1 hour ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Snap!

That they're not good enough, or need to improve to a higher standard?

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

https://workpermit.com/immigration/united-kingdom/tier-2-sportsperson-visa

Light reading.

As Ribble mentioned there is a points system, which would then instigate the appeal for a Tier 1 visa, "exceptional talent".

How that could be argued not sure, Pep might help

Meshino recently moved to the Premier League champions from Gamba Osaka but with the idea to send him out on loan to gain experience.

The player doesn't qualify for a work permit with Hearts required to prove he is an "exceptional talent" to a panel which decides.

Levein said: "We are working on that, we will have an idea of the hearing date for a special talent visa shortly. I'm hugely excited about this one, he is an extremely talented young boy.

"We have been talking to Manchester City about a few things recently and nearly did another bit of business a couple of weeks back.

"Being able to bring someone into the UK on loan to us gives the player an idea of the environment and maybe Manchester City will take him after that or maybe he will stay for another year, I don't know."

So.

We're waiting on a decision from the corridors of power that will unquestionably boost the Scottish game and give it another dimension from an interested country with solid financial stability, there's an avenue there for the SPFL to take advantage of for the good of the game.

We all know full well where this decision is going :rofl:

30 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Naismith, Walker, Clare and the new boy are all interchangeable to me. With Walker the first to drop out if everyone is available.

And, of course they’ve all got to stay fit for it to be an issue. Chances of that ?

12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Meshino recently moved to the Premier League champions from Gamba Osaka but with the idea to send him out on loan to gain experience.

The player doesn't qualify for a work permit with Hearts required to prove he is an "exceptional talent" to a panel which decides.

Wonder what the other bit of business was

Jambosteve1902
3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

And, of course they’ve all got to stay fit for it to be an issue. Chances of that ?

beauty of our squad now, imagine thinking oh naw clares injured,  Mulraney and Walkers ur backups? un heard of quality in depth! :D 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Wonder what the other bit of business was

Aguero for Uche swap I heard :whistling: