Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagan

• davemclaren

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolute Scenes

from Levein's interview: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-boss-discusses-process-to-get-work-permit-for-man-city-s-ryotaro-meshino-1-4984762

“We’re going through this process, but the kid and his agent haven’t actually said ‘we’re definitely coming here’, so we’re trying to pre-empt the situation and have the thing ready to go because there isn’t an awful lot of time." - sounds like a deal hasn't been agreed yet?? Is he playing the old Craigy games with this?

Jambosteve1902
4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

from Levein's interview: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-boss-discusses-process-to-get-work-permit-for-man-city-s-ryotaro-meshino-1-4984762

“We’re going through this process, but the kid and his agent haven’t actually said ‘we’re definitely coming here’, so we’re trying to pre-empt the situation and have the thing ready to go because there isn’t an awful lot of time." - sounds like a deal hasn't been agreed yet?? Is he playing the old Craigy games with this?

Its kind of contradictory to what he's said previously, i think definate levein mindgames.  get the WP and he'l be a jambo for Parkhead! 

Coburg Hearts
18 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

So have a been a bit premature ordering my flag?   😉

rising sun maroon.png

I'll raise you this.

Did levein not say yesterday that he is still waiting on the date for the hearing for the permit so cant see this happening before next week now. 

12 minutes ago, Bainy said:

Did levein not say yesterday that he is still waiting on the date for the hearing for the permit so cant see this happening before next week now. 

The hearing is today at somepoint, will have to be after lunch though as got to give the powers that be time to come around from their mid morning stupor and to get some grub in their bellies though

Who_put_the_ball_in...

I’ve got a horrible feeling the appeal ain’t going to go through . Just can’t see that lot Saying yes right before we play the kiddie fiddlers.

10 minutes ago, Gav M said:

The hearing is today at somepoint, will have to be after lunch though as got to give the powers that be time to come around from their mid morning stupor and to get some grub in their bellies though

Hopefully Ann's taken them out for a slap up meal.

1 minute ago, Gershwin said:

Hopefully Ann's taken them out for a slap up meal.

So when it comes to the 'ayes' or 'naes' it looks like a unanimous yes as they are all nodding off 😁 

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

As far as I'm aware the only thing holding this up is the WP.

All other negotiations are complete between the clubs and the player

Levein said that the player and agent haven't agreed yet.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-boss-discusses-process-to-get-work-permit-for-man-city-s-ryotaro-meshino-1-4984762

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Nobreath said:

So have a been a bit premature ordering my flag?   😉

rising sun maroon.png

I have a Japanese flag somewhere already, in another company we flew flags for any visiting VIPs and I always acquired them once used.

the Japanese one was never used as the protocol around flying one was ridiculous and we never bothered

1 minute ago, Boof said:

What age o' bairns??

50+?

:lol: 

Completely off topic (well, the original topic anyway) as far as I know the vital spark is still sitting in the harbour at inveraray I think it is.

25 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Watch Sevco or Celtic step in if it is agreed

I dont think the relationship between City and the tims is very cordial at the moment 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

do they have someone fluent in Japanese? 

Most of their supporters look like somo wrestlers.  That would make it feel like home.

28 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Completely off topic (well, the original topic anyway) as far as I know the vital spark is still sitting in the harbour at inveraray I think it is.

It is indeed.

34 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Watch Sevco or Celtic step in if it is agreed

Not sure that's how it works mate.  If granted, it'll be granted to come to us and us alone.  The fact its based on him being exceptional to what we can afford locally, how much game time he'll get with us etc, these same criterea would change if it was a different club.

Really hope we get this lad.  I actually don't think we can expect too much from him in a way (young lad, new country, new style etc), but I think he could be someone we get flashes from - someone who gets us out our seats from time to time.  Maybe a bit like Arvy Novikovas used to.  The hint that he'd maybe stay a second season is interesting too and could be brilliant, after a year to settle fully

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Youre right mate, if this wee use can provide the vital spark, it would be very handy. Almost para handy. 

One for the bairns there 🥴

In the third television series, The Tales of Para Handy, the Vital Spark was depicted by the puffer Auld Reekie (VIC 27). She is moored at Crinan awaiting restoration.[1]

When VIC 72, renamed Eilean Eisdeal, ventured from her home at the Inveraray Maritime Museum to visit the Glasgow River Festival in 2005, she proudly bore the name Vital Spark in testimony to her continuing popularity. Now in 2006 she proudly is the Vital Spark of Glasgow having been successfully re-registered.

The Argyll brewer Fyne Ales, situated close to Inveraray, where the current boat rests and Neil Munro was born, produces a beer called Vital Spark [2] in tribute to the series.

In December 2007, the Vital Spark Clyde puffer returned to the Forth and Clyde Canal - the place of her 'birth', as reported on STV news'[3] Reporting Scotland.

The puffer now sits on the slip way at Crinan boatyard awaiting restoration.

29 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I doubt it. He wouldn't get game time with either of the erse cheeks, who are streets ahead of the rest, sadly 

Man City will want him to play as much as possible rather than get splinters in his erse or play for their youths.

If he isn't up to the standard for either of the OF then he can't be considered an exceptional talent.

So our case is unfounded.😕

Hackney Hearts
31 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If he isn't up to the standard for either of the OF then he can't be considered an exceptional talent.

So our case is unfounded.😕

But our case is founded on him being an exceptional talent in Hearts terms, not Man City or OF terms.

1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

But our case is founded on him being an exceptional talent in Hearts terms, not Man City or OF terms.

Why us then and not Edinburgh City?

Would the work permit only apply to him playing for us if we apply for it?

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

do they have someone fluent in Japanese? 

They've barely got anyone fluent in English, let alone Japanese!

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Why us then and not Edinburgh City?

Would the work permit only apply to him playing for us if we apply for it?

Yes - it's the particular circumstances of the club, as I understand it.

They will reject the application in a couple of minutes  but announce it at tea time to give the impression they have had a long debate over the issue and it was a difficult decision to make

7 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Yes - it's the particular circumstances of the club, as I understand it.

Thanks.

Sport is obviously a unique scenario as far as work permits go, pretty sure you wouldn't need a separate work permit every time you changed employer in the "normal" world. ( Maybe you do :unsure: )

4 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

They will reject the application in a couple of minutes  but announce it at tea time to give the impression they have had a long debate over the issue and it was a difficult decision to make

Given the league title sponsor is about to quit - getting SPFL teams noticed by any audience is essential. This is a potential opportunity to showcase the league in Asia so could be a positive reason to go ahead with the application. 

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Thanks.

Sport is obviously a unique scenario as far as work permits go, pretty sure you wouldn't need a separate work permit every time you changed employer in the "normal" world. ( Maybe you do :unsure: )

I don't think he'll need a separate WP if he changes clubs (eg. to Man City, as that's partly the point) - it's just that the example you gave of trying to go via Edinburgh City would have been extremely odd and the panel would no doubt smell a rat. Why would the EPL champions loan an exceptional talent to a Scottish 2nd tier side? (unless it's because they both have City in their name... :wink:)

alwaysthereinspirit

Assuming Man City know what they're doing with regards to signings (and they do) I'll be apoplectic if the permit gets turned down by our third rate football association.

I WILL BE P!$$ED.

20 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

The OF are not exceptional.

Man City are but not the OF they play in the same league as us.

I hope you are correct though as that would increase our chances. 

Under your scenario would that mean a WP would be only applicable to clubs of the same or lower stature than Hearts ?

Hackney Hearts
Just now, luckydug said:

In relation to Hearts? In relation to the size of their budgets and what they can afford to buy locally?

Celtic certainly are.

Rangers think they are, and currently try to spend as if they are. Hopefully they'll overdo it again.

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Under your scenario would that mean a WP would be only applicable to clubs of the same or lower stature than Hearts ?

Going by other posts on the subject, I thought that was the case.

It's an individual application for an 'employee' to work in this country (Scotland) for this employer (Hearts). 

It could be argued that for clubs with the income of Rangers or Celtic, and recent transfers they have done, that a player commanding a near £1m fee is not exceptional, but for Hearts it is. The same would apply to every other team in our league(s) as well. 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Yes. 

Happened with Jason Scotland. Dundee Utd in the top tier were refused a renewal of his work permit. Applied to Falkirk in the tier below and got it. 

As I understand it, they assess it on the basis of could the club sign a British or EU player of a similar standard to the Japanese lad. If the panel think we could, then no permit. If they think we couldn't, then permit is supplied. 

Hackney Hearts
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I'm not an expert, but from what I've read, the key issue is whether he'd improve our squad.

Along with that - could we afford to get a similar talent who doesn't need a WP?

Based on those criteria, I'd say we have a strong case.

14 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I don't think he'll need a separate WP if he changes clubs (eg. to Man City, as that's partly the point) - it's just that the example you gave of trying to go via Edinburgh City would have been extremely odd and the panel would no doubt smell a rat. Why would the EPL champions loan an exceptional talent to a Scottish 2nd tier side? (unless it's because they both have City in their name... :wink:)

With regards your first point, I would have thought that if he gets a permit for say 12 months then he would have to stay with us for that time period otherwise Man City would be as well getting us to get a work permit for all their signings and then going back to them. It's clear as mud.

Edit: Ignore all that, just read the rest of the thread.

Edited by graygo

2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I have a Japanese flag somewhere already, in another company we flew flags for any visiting VIPs and I always acquired them once used.

the Japanese one was never used as the protocol around flying one was ridiculous and we never bothered

Seems the easiest way to acquire the match worn top of the player, after he he scores his first Skacelesque hat-trick.  😍

Just let me dream...

1 minute ago, Nobreath said:

Seems the easiest way to acquire the match worn top of the player, after he he scores his first Skacelesque hat-trick.  😍

Just let me dream...

My bottom often resembles the Japanese flag. I doubt unfurling my curry-ravaged anus would bag me the hat-trick strip from Ryo though.

I'll still try

Maiden Gorgie
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

My bottom often resembles the Japanese flag. I doubt unfurling my curry-ravaged anus would bag me the hat-trick strip from Ryo though.

I'll still try

That's quite an image.

Hackney Hearts
5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I'll still try

And there was me thinking your name was a reference to Roy Orbison...

doctor jambo
14 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I'm not an expert, but from what I've read, the key issue is whether he'd improve our squad.

Along with that - could we afford to get a similar talent who doesn't need a WP?

Based on those criteria, I'd say we have a strong case.

Lets face it,  he absolutely will improve our squad, but I think it more sways towards "is there any local alternatives that would be the same/ better"

the answer to which is, of course, no.

Especially as we would be getting him essentially for free

alwaysthereinspirit
23 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I'll still try

and with that I'm out...

...a bit disco
32 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I'll still try

Mercy!

34 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I'll still try

Too much information.

:wink: