Ann Budge’s review of the football department

afanderson33

Robbo will be appointed after the decision has been made. He's pals with Cl, will do a decent job and it will allow CL to go back to the director of football role with a coach he can relate to and will not take any P15h from him.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• mitch41

• wavydavy

• 1874robbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jodami said:

If we get beaten against Hibs it is going to be sack the board chants now. Brought it upon herself. 

Yep. I fear this statement has effectively shifted the anger towards everyone but Levein. Now everyone realises the only way to get rid of Levein is empty the boardroom.

Toxteth O'Grady
21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah but we just might win a game after the split

We can’t beat Hamilton or Ross County so I don’t see how. At the current rate of a serious injury a game we will be down to 16 year olds by the time the split comes

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That's my reading of it as well. However I think she has totally exposed herself if/when he does fail to turn the tide. The next couple of games are even more massive for her than before. 

I did say she shouldn't issue a statement. 😄

The problem with the statement is she seems to be conflating his broader role, which she still obviously supports him in, with his head coach role. So it does look like she's unequivocably praising or defending his head coach record, especially if you don't read the statement too closely. The injures are a very reasonable thing to point out for me, but less so this season. Just denying the rumours and saying they'll make a change when they think it's best to do so would have done.

Someone made a good point on another thread recently that if the DoF position and Levein's involvement in "the plan" is so important why has she risked that, and is continuing to risk it, by also giving him control of the first team?

The statement is a shambles.  First she makes a comment about genuine fans, she has to be aware the more passionate and vocal fans also dug very deep to help the club over the years.

Fans signing for the manager to be sacked and then a protest outside the stadium.    This has not happened for a manager for many years, the protest wasnt for the last 5 games but for almost a year of shocking performances that was only masked by a cup final apperance.

The statement goes into the playing side, injuries etc but doesnt mention the lack of front men, lack of wingers.  The lack of development on very talented youngsters.  Signing injury prone players who are surprise surprise injured.

The whole plan went to pieces as soon as she let our DOF become manager and keep a place on the board.  Its time for her to do the right thing, stop patronising the fanbase and remove the 1 man who has been the downfall of the playing side ever since Robbie left the club.  If not she is in danger of ruining her legacy.   She has done so much good but when saturday comes fans only care about the result on the park.

Tell ye what, Ann has defo been on kickback with that statement.

Comments like "burying our heads in the sand" GENUINE Hearts supporters and one of kickbacks favourite words WOEFUL.

When she's on here, i bet she uses words like 'hibby troll'

Edited by Sagan

Genuinely can’t understand the thinking in releasing that.

4 days after Saturday. The discussion starting to focus onto the derby.

Lose the next two and she’s in a very difficult place.

For an apparently clever businesswoman I can’t help but think that was extremely ill judged.

Just now, GinRummy said:

See ‘the plan’. What was it or what is it?

Talk shite and hope the fans keep falling for it, there's some that always will, I can guarantee you if we were to get relegated you would have 'Hearts fans' on here still backing them.

15 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I hear what you say but any offer can unpicked and compensation paid if it came to that.  i don't want it coming to come to that.  At the moment though what I see is as a lame duck CEO running a respected institution into the ground purely because she can't admit she has made a mistake.

No it can't. There is a contractual agreement in place. See the example of Sheffield United. The contract had a sales clause in it. The owner didn't want to sell. The court said, there is a contract in place and ordered the sale be made. If Budge tried to sell Hearts to another buyer without FOH's agreement, FOH could take Budge to court to block the sale.

I don't understand how anybody can be reassured or satisfied with that statement. I am furious. Arrogant and patronising in it's tone. How dare anyone suggest that the single worst record of any team in the league in the last 11 months is reason for a "knee-jerk" reaction. Our equal worst run in our history. Let's blame the ridiculous level of injuries over the last 3 years but, let's not investigate or attend to the root cause. 2019/20 is already a wrote off

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Made my night that comment cheers 😂😂😂👍 m8. 

Haha, He would certainly get the crowd going before kickoff

The players would be shit feart to lose a game. 

Debating about how many goals we lost by like theres any redemption from only losing by one goal against the plethora of shite that have ransacked tynecastle in the last year. Losing is failure. We are now talking about what level of failure is palatable. What on earth has happened? Apathy has taken over. 

Toxteth O'Grady
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

See ‘the plan’. What was it or what is it?

Empty folk that swear

Sign injury prone has beens

Touchy feely community stuff

Wimmins team

Structures and strategies bollocks 

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

No it can't. There is a contractual agreement in place. See the example of Sheffield United. The contract had a sales clause in it. The owner didn't want to sell. The court said, there is a contract in place and ordered the sale be made. If Budge tried to sell Hearts to another buyer without FOH's agreement, FOH could take Budge to court to block the sale.

Hear what you say but the word is compensation.  If someone came in with a stupid bid and a proposition that met with FOH approval then you never know.  We are a much more marketable business proposition now than we were post administration.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The problem with the statement is she seems to be conflating his broader role, which she still obviously supports him in, with his head coach role. So it does look like she's unequivocably praising or defending his head coach record, especially if you don't read the statement too closely. The injures are a very reasonable thing to point out for me, but less so this season. Just denying the rumours and saying they'll make a change when they think it's best to do so would have done.

Someone made a good point on another thread recently that if the DoF position and Levein's involvement in "the plan" is so important why has she risked that, and is continuing to risk it, by also giving him control of the first team?

I don’t think she could ever have imagined our league form would be so bad for so long. I suspect the idea was to let Craig consolidate top 6 and then move him back upstairs with a new Head Coach handpicked by Craig. 

It it looks like she has painted herself into a corner now and had chosen to brave it out rather than relieve Craig of his Head Coach duties. 

10 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

' This meant that for the second year in succession, it looked, as though, achieving our football target of finishing in the Top 4 was at risk.

·       What did we do?  We went back to the planning board.  In January, 2019, well before the end of the season, we took action and modified our plan to focus our investment entirely on strengthening our football operation.  We put a halt to all new infra-structure developments, ring-fencing our resources to secure those players we believed were key to our future success, while recognising that we would, once again, aim to further strengthen and expand our first team squad in the summer.  This we did. 

·       We all know that while some of these new signings have been settling in and while we are still carrying injuries to a number of our key players, our performances in the early part of the season have been hugely disappointing.  However, the Board firmly believes it is too early to be panicking and tearing up our plans. 

Our decisions have been taken against the following backdrop:-

·       We have a very strong squad… arguably the strongest we have put together over the last 6 seasons.

·       We have the mix of youth, experience and quality that we have been striving for and building towards since we returned to the Premiership in 2015.

·       We have still not seen our first choice starting XI playing this season, as we are still awaiting the return of a number of key players.'

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-statement-1-2

Cheers. It’s a sort of ever changing almost fluid plan. More of a pile of shite, dancing round the elephant in the room sort of plan. 

Edited by GinRummy

21 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I hear what you say but any offer can unpicked and compensation paid if it came to that.  i don't want it coming to come to that.  At the moment though what I see is as a lame duck CEO running a respected institution into the ground purely because she can't admit she has made a mistake.

She is the ceo AND owner. Can’t see there being any interest in buying the club other than FoH. With investment made in last five years it’s an eight figure purchase price. 

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Ok Sunday. My inaccurate post doesn’t make your one any better. Two pish posts but both in s different way. 😀

Agreed. Apologies 

4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Genuinely can’t understand the thinking in releasing that.

4 days after Saturday. The discussion starting to focus onto the derby.

Lose the next two and she’s in a very difficult place.

For an apparently clever businesswoman I can’t help but think that was extremely ill judged.

The timing is very strange. 

My first thought when I saw it. 

2 minutes ago, andydog said:

Debating about how many goals we lost by like theres any redemption from only losing by one goal against the plethora of shite that have ransacked tynecastle in the last year. Losing is failure. We are now talking about what level of failure is palatable. What on earth has happened? Apathy has taken over. 

Death throes of Craig's love children

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

CL's input to Board Meetings

Sept 18 - Things are going great, all down to me

Oct 18 - Still going great, but the injury to Naismith killed us in the league cup semi

Nov 18 - Injuries are making it difficult for us. It's outside my control

Dec 18 - ditto ..... need more players

Jan 19 - ditto

Feb 19 - ditto

Mar 19 - ditto

Apr 19 - ditto

May 19 - ditto ....... and didn't we do well in our defeat in the cup final

Jun 19 - ditto ....... need more players

Jul 19 - ditto ....... but didn't we do well to get out of the group of death in the league cup

Aug 19 - ditto 

Sep 19 - ditto ....... and how about making a statement to shut up that fookin Michael Stewart for a while 

Fair post.

And all that after the Club has missed it's football objectives two years in a row. CL is a lucky man.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don’t think she could ever have imagined our league form would be so bad for so long. I suspect the idea was to let Craig consolidate top 6 and then move him back upstairs with a new Head Coach handpicked by Craig. 

It it looks like she has painted herself into a corner now and had chosen to brave it out rather than relieve Craig of his Head Coach duties. 

Maybe. Either way we'll either get better under Levein or we'll have a new manager before the January transfer window. 

8 minutes ago, Elshin said:

The statement is a shambles.  First she makes a comment about genuine fans, she has to be aware the more passionate and vocal fans also dug very deep to help the club over the years.

Fans signing for the manager to be sacked and then a protest outside the stadium.    This has not happened for a manager for many years, the protest wasnt for the last 5 games but for almost a year of shocking performances that was only masked by a cup final apperance.

The statement goes into the playing side, injuries etc but doesnt mention the lack of front men, lack of wingers.  The lack of development on very talented youngsters.  Signing injury prone players who are surprise surprise injured.

The whole plan went to pieces as soon as she let our DOF become manager and keep a place on the board.  Its time for her to do the right thing, stop patronising the fanbase and remove the 1 man who has been the downfall of the playing side ever since Robbie left the club.  If not she is in danger of ruining her legacy.   She has done so much good but when saturday comes fans only care about the result on the park.

Nail on the head. 

Mid Calder Jambo
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

She is the ceo AND owner. Can’t see there being any interest in buying the club other than FoH. With investment made in last five years it’s an eight figure purchase price. 

Yes a very heady mix that currently is not, IMHO, doing the best for HMFC.  Fan ownership has its attactions 😁 but I would prefer it to happen in the Premier league rather than the Championship.

Edited by Mid Calder Jambo

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I wished I shared your confidence in her I really do.

I’m not as confident as I was but still think she is doing the right thing for now but as I said the clock is ticking and beginning to go a bit faster. Financially she reckons it has to work. Lots of players signed on long term contracts this summer  that she sanctioned. A new manager might not fancy any of them so it’s an expensive pay-off. No guarantees a new manager will do any better, just look at lots of other clubs who fire managers early in the season. Time will tell, it’s a really tough one. 

2 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Said a while ago that Budge is the problem.....She just disnae get it, does she? 

Nope she doesn’t 

They have wrote that together for sure 

3 minutes ago, Elshin said:

I agree with your post but I think that considering the millions put in by FOH and the fans we need to free ourselves from a sense of perpetual gratitude towards Ann Budge.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe. Either way we'll either get better under Levein or we'll have a new manager before the January transfer window. 

There is no obvious ultimatum in the statement (am I just missing it?) but a promise to reassess etc 

Toxteth O'Grady
8 minutes ago, Elshin said:

And we haven’t a decent goalie to our name. 

With no reliable goal scorer or goalkeeper it doesn’t take a genius to work out that we will struggle - it’s a shambles and she has allowed it to happen 

Pretty awful statement.

Good business woman? Trumpeting your business credentials in a statement that has ailenated a huge percentage of your customer base isn't a good look. Judged on a business basis, putting out a statement that is met with the reaction this one has generated is bad business.

Dreaded vote of confidence? Not for me. If you are lining up for a sacking in a couple of weeks, but want to be able to claim you tried to support the manager, you don't release such a long statement tieing yourself so closely to the manager.

Changing personnel would be 'throwing our plans out the window'? If that is the case why is it ok to change players so regularlly. Clearly because you can stick to a plan whilst changing personnel. Changing manager is not the same as ripping up the plan. Unless one individual is so central to 'the plan' that removing him would be equivalent to ripping up the plan. If that is the case then Levein really is bulletproof. She can't have it both ways. Either Levein is not central to the plan and can be sacked without throwing our plans out the window or he is that central in which case the accusation that Budge has lost control is fair.

MarkDevriesScores4

I address to all genuine Hearts Supporters”

I am genuinely surprised that Ann used this line as it’s clearly said in anger, is fairly ill thought and is completely naive if truth be told. If you do not agree with her, you are not a genuine supporter is a dangerous statement to make and think she’ll regret that.

Tens of thousands of people saved the club, many of them want change that is not in line with Ann’s “plan”. Does that make them not genuine fans?

Daft statement in my opinion. Thought she was brighter than that.

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

And we haven’t a decent goalie to our name. 

With no reliable goal scorer or goalkeeper it doesn’t take a genius to work out that we will struggle - it’s a shambles and she has allowed it to happen 

And its the comments from levein that make him appear clueless... such as bobby is our No1.  Then goes and sign another GK, drops bobby so we now have our No3 in goals.

Declares Sean Clare is the answer to centre midfield and then goes and signs another 2 center mids while playing clare in a different position every 30minutes during a game

It's a shocker of a statement.  Has there ever been an owner go on about injuries so much?  Stop making excuses for one of your ****ing employees.

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I am genuinely surprised that Ann used this line as it’s clearly said in anger, is fairly ill thought and is completely naive if truth be told. If you do not agree with her, you are not a genuine supporter is a dangerous statement to make and think she’ll regret that.

Tens of thousands of people saved the club, many of them want change that is not in line with Ann’s “plan”. Does that make them not genuine fans?

It's typical CMA stuff.

After The Watershed

How I'm reading the statement is that I think it's clear that Levein isn't going anywhere. 

"However, the Board firmly believes it is too early to be panicking and tearing up our plans. 

He won't be sacked even if we lose to hibs and Aberdeen. 

"We will continue to scrutinise our on-field performances and should we feel our plans are going astray and our approach needs to be adjusted, we will respond accordingly" 

The plan will be end of season position so if by some way we are still in touch with the top six he's not going anywhere. Oh and it'll be when they all decide it needs "adjusted". In other words Levein stays in some form. The word change would be much more appropriate if him leaving was a consideration. 

Hope I'm wrong but that's how I see it. 

9 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Hear what you say but the word is compensation.  If someone came in with a stupid bid and a proposition that met with FOH approval then you never know.  We are a much more marketable business proposition now than we were post administration.

Yes, if FOH members were keen on Budge selling to a new buyer then it could go through no problem. However that requires a very high percentage of FOH members to be in favour of the sale I believe. Possibly 75% (although in my head it might be as high as 90%). I'm not sure if it is in place yet, but I'm pretty sure the new constitution being put in place for FOH prevents 'compensation' being paid to members in the event of a sale. If FOH members want to sell their shares, they are going to need to effectively give them away.

Gorgie Boys are in town.
5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Pretty awful statement.

Good business woman? Trumpeting your business credentials in a statement that has ailenated a huge percentage of your customer base isn't a good look. Judged on a business basis, putting out a statement that is met with the reaction this one has generated is bad business.

Dreaded vote of confidence? Not for me. If you are lining up for a sacking in a couple of weeks, but want to be able to claim you tried to support the manager, you don't release such a long statement tieing yourself so closely to the manager.

Changing personnel would be 'throwing our plans out the window'? If that is the case why is it ok to change players so regularlly. Clearly because you can stick to a plan whilst changing personnel. Changing manager is not the same as ripping up the plan. Unless one individual is so central to 'the plan' that removing him would be equivalent to ripping up the plan. If that is the case then Levein really is bulletproof. She can't have it both ways. Either Levein is not central to the plan and can be sacked without throwing our plans out the window or he is that central in which case the accusation that Budge has lost control is fair.

Said nearly the exact same thing myself. I feel we're seeing just how much control Craig has and just how difficult his complete removal will be.

Edited by Gorgie Boys are in town.

12 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

' This meant that for the second year in succession, it looked, as though, achieving our football target of finishing in the Top 4 was at risk.

·       What did we do?  We went back to the planning board.  In January, 2019, well before the end of the season, we took action and modified our plan to focus our investment entirely on strengthening our football operation.  We put a halt to all new infra-structure developments, ring-fencing our resources to secure those players we believed were key to our future success, while recognising that we would, once again, aim to further strengthen and expand our first team squad in the summer.  This we did. 

·       We all know that while some of these new signings have been settling in and while we are still carrying injuries to a number of our key players, our performances in the early part of the season have been hugely disappointing.  However, the Board firmly believes it is too early to be panicking and tearing up our plans. 

Our decisions have been taken against the following backdrop:-

·       We have a very strong squad… arguably the strongest we have put together over the last 6 seasons.

·       We have the mix of youth, experience and quality that we have been striving for and building towards since we returned to the Premiership in 2015.

·       We have still not seen our first choice starting XI playing this season, as we are still awaiting the return of a number of key players.'

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-statement-1-2

You could have said we allocated more money to Leveins budget to save his skin after failing to achieve his original targets.

18 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Tell ye what, Ann has defo been on kickback with that statement.

Comments like "burying our heads in the sand" GENUINE Hearts supporters and one of kickbacks favourite words WOEFUL.

When she's on here, i bet she uses words like 'hibby troll'

Conspiracy theory - she posts under the account named i8hibsh. 

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Agree with that.

Lots of holes and contradictions throughout the statement.

Think we have all been under a trance as she rode in and saved the club.

I think gradually the light has been dawning on a large number of supporters that football is too emotive to be run on straight business principles, it works for most things  club associated but not on the football front.

Her lack of football knowledge is now being cruelly exposed.

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Yes, if FOH members were keen on Budge selling to a new buyer then it could go through no problem. However that requires a very high percentage of FOH members to be in favour of the sale I believe. Possibly 75% (although in my head it might be as high as 90%). I'm not sure if it is in place yet, but I'm pretty sure the new constitution being put in place for FOH prevents 'compensation' being paid to members in the event of a sale. If FOH members want to sell their shares, they are going to need to effectively give them away.

So you are in the same camp as me.  if people in business want things to happen, they will happen.  I keep saying that I never wanted to ever have this conversation because i thought AB/FOH was the solution.  Sadly at the moment the AB part is proving inadequate..

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I think it is. 90%. Why would we want to sell the club to another individual though?

6 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

I agree with your post but I think that considering the millions put in by FOH and the fans we need to free ourselves from a sense of perpetual gratitude towards Ann Budge.

This is definitely the beginning of the end of Ann Budge as chairperson of our club.   The longer the levein debacle goes on the less gratitude will be shown to her by 'genuine fans'

She has mentioned injuries from last season and this season as a reason to our poor run. 

Has she ever asked her pal Levein why he plays people with injuries and inflames them so they are out long term. 

Washington was carrying a tight hamstring on Saturday and was still chucked on and is now our for 3 months. 

Smith had a tight hamstring before Parkhead  and didn't want to start the game but was told to. He has now been out longer than he should have. 

Uche wanted to come off at half time  last season in a game and was told to go back on and he worsens his injury

Berra and Naismith came back far too early from bad injuries last season, resulting in Berras form to have dropped and Naismith needed another knee operation. 

That is down to poor man management and not learning lessons when it keeps happening and shows lack of common sense. 

Why doesn't she quiz him about the number of injured players worsening their injuries because of HIS shite decision making again and again?? 

Mid Calder Jambo
2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

1 - 'In 2014, one of the Foundation’s own team, Ann Budge (through her specially created company, Bidco), successfully acquired the majority shareholding of the club. A legally binding agreement was put in place between Bidco and the Foundation which will deliver ultimate fan ownership – via the Foundation - over an anticipated five-year period of time.' https://www.foundationofhearts.org/we-are/

2 - “In the spring, I had a conversation with a representative of someone from the States who was interested in investing in a Scottish football club.

“I was happy to have the meeting. I was then able to say up front that Hearts is not available because there is an agreement in place for supporters to take over the club. I genuinely don’t know if it was the same group.' https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-owner-ann-budge-i-rejected-american-takeover-bid-for-club-1-4977270

If the price is right and all parties are in agreement any legal agreement can be set aside.  I want fan ownership but I also want a successful and competitive HMFC.  Currently the setup that we have running the club is not delivering on that. Consequently any previous legally binding agreements can be set aside with the acceptance and agreement of both parties.  Costly and no-one wants to hand hard earned to lawyers but ces't la vie.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Elshin said:

This is definitely the beginning of the end of Ann Budge as chairperson of our club.   The longer the levein debacle goes on the less gratitude will be shown to her by 'genuine fans'

I agree. She’s spending a lot of the currency earned by her takeover and she is starting to look either clueless or pig-headed. I suspect that clueless is closer to the mark. Something tells me she has no idea what to do next.

20 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Spot on.