Ann Budge’s review of the football department

afanderson33

1 hour ago, Hot since 86 said:

You don’t think if there was enough pressure (I’m not meaning anything insulting by the way) put on her from the supporters she wouldn’t think it’s best to step back from her position as chair?

I don't think she would. 

All her good she has done still outweighs this bad patch we are in. She will not want this club to drop division as that would be terrible for business. I believe she will make the right decisions when the time comes.

She won't transfer the shares until she is paid back as per the agreement. With that, I don't think she will stand down from her role.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• mitch41

• wavydavy

• 1874robbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Boris said:

Did you read her statement?

The Board don't want CL to go...not yet at least.

She maybe will change her mind after the next two games but it sounds like she will give him until the end of the season hopefully keeping us up.

2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

You have no idea, do you?

Force her out. She isn't going anywhere until she is rightly paid back for saving our club.

If you want her paid back faster, up your FOH amount.

She said she would depart if majority didn’t want her... 

Edited by Famous 1874

We’ll find out on Sunday just how big our problems are. IF the players want Levein gone, and the only indication of this I’ve got is their inept performances over the past 10-11 months, then this statement will have them wondering just what they need to do. On the other hand, IF the players are fully behind Levein we might just see a positive reaction on Sunday and following games.

One thing is for sure, the players better be careful. Regardless of how they feel about Levein, they better not even think about downing tools in a Derby. 

17 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

This.

Who would walk away leaving £Millions unpaid?

she can step away from role as chair and still be repaid

Lord Beni of Gorgie

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49757885

Our injuries have come in for some attention, apparently Aberdeen had only 13 players available for training today.

Generic issue rather than a Hearts one, believe Hibs have quite a few out too, the 21st Century footballer is made of chocolate

20 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Is it just me, but I think that statement is fairly inoffensive (apart from all the ellipses of course)

1.Plenty of information on how the club has tried to address problems in the past; the problems of 17/18 (shite football and Cathro) were different to those of 18/19 (injuries absolutely ****ing us when we were top of the league), and the problems of 19/20 are (so far) a result of steps taken to address 18/19 problems (i.e. a big squad of new players intended to provide injury cover)

2. Admission that the board etc don't always get it right, but that when they make mistakes they do try to fix them; we've stopped major infrastructure spending in order to focus on the team - plenty people on here were clamouring for that when various design decisions were being made about the new stand.

3. A clear explanation of CL's roles and responsibilities and accountability to the board - i.e. he doesn't have power over his own employment (which should be obvious to anyone who knows how a job works). That's clear enough for even the Sportsound mob to understand I reckon.

4. Clarification of rumours in the press, and a 'shut up' to Michael Stewart and Gary Mackay (plenty people on here have said that in the past)  

I'm not sure what people really expect just now. As she clearly points out, "Be assured that [the board] are not ‘burying our heads in the sand’; we are in constant dialogue about performances and what is going wrong on the pitch".

That seems obvious to me that if things don't improve - with this new, better, more expensive squad - that change will happen.

For now, that's the state of play, things won't change before 5pm on Sunday, so I'm going to get along to Easter Road and support the team. 

And the 'genuine Hearts fans' line hasn't riled me up one bit. It was clearly aimed at the bigoted wee shites who don't give a **** about the club's reputation and just want to sing their 'folk songs' and chuck flares on our pitch. 

*tin hat on*

Good post.

Francis Albert
35 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Would you?

If she is not repaid the remaining amount of £1m or so FoH (ie the fans) will have spent nearly £10m without achieving their objective of fan ownership and Ann remains as majority owner. I think its fair to say that there is no  risk of Ann not being repaid.  

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Would you?

Absolutely, why would I want all of this unpaid responsibility and abuse when I clearly know bugger all about running a football club

48 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If she is not repaid the remaining amount of £1m or so FoH (ie the fans) will have spent nearly £10m without achieving their objective of fan ownership and Ann remains as majority owner. I think its fair to say that there is no  risk of Ann not being repaid.  

I'm not suggest she wouldn't, I'm saying why should she walk away with less than a year to go only to let someone else run the club whilst she waits for the cash? wouldn't seem right to me.

5 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Absolutely, why would I want all of this unpaid responsibility and abuse when I clearly know bugger all about running a football club

Oh she now knows how to run a club and run it very well make no mistake!

Running the senior managers responsible for the football department is an entirely different matter.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49757885

Our injuries have come in for some attention, apparently Aberdeen had only 13 players available for training today.

Generic issue rather than a Hearts one, believe Hibs have quite a few out too, the 21st Century footballer is made of chocolate

I guess that invalidates much of Budge’s statement yesterday, then. Level playing field if all the clubs are suffering.

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Oh she now knows how to run a club and run it very well make no mistake!

Running the senior managers responsible for the football department is an entirely different matter.

I beg to differ.

That’s my opinion and I’ve stated reasons behind it many times on here, the main one being she relies on the same (underperforming) person to be in two critical positions on the footballing side and the only person with any footballing background on the board.

Pretty fundamental mismanagement in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

I beg to differ.

That’s my opinion and I’ve stated reasons behind it many times on here, the main one being she relies on the same (underperforming) person to be in two critical positions on the footballing side and the only person with any footballing background on the board.

Pretty fundamental mismanagement in my opinion.

Fair enough.

We both know she's not going anywhere until at least next year though right?

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Fair enough.

We both know she's not going anywhere until at least next year though right?

Probably not, my original point is if it was me I would step away and bring somebody with a bit more direct experience in as chair. 

Go and spend some of my money and relax away from this hassle and still be remembered as a the person who saved the club.

1 minute ago, Hot since 86 said:

Probably not, my original point is if it was me I would step away and bring somebody with a bit more direct experience in as chair. 

Go and spend some of my money and relax away from this hassle and still be remembered as a the person who saved the club.

I've often wondered how bad her luxury yacht is if shed rather spend it in an office in Gorgie 🤷‍♂️ 

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

I've often wondered how bad her luxury yacht is if shed rather spend it in an office in Gorgie 🤷‍♂️ 

Ha, exactly!

Not read the 19 pages but we need to be precise in where Ann is not delivering. 

On the wider footballing side, she has accepted that there was not enough focus on it. 

She has admitted that she tried to take on everything at the start and work on everything in parallel. She then added the pitch and the stand. 

She has admitted it was too much and too wide ranging. 

She deferred a number of projects. (Eg third floor). 

She realised last Season that more focus was needed on footballing matters. 

She supported this financially and first team members were tied up on longer deals, poor players were actively offloaded. New players were recruited, substantially strengthening the depth of the squad to overcome injury issues. 

All of that was the correct thing to do and I think has been delivered comprehensively. 

The precise issue is Levein.  At what point should she (have) taken action. 

I think it was difficult to clearly determine that Levein could not deliver last Season, due to the injury issues and lack of depth of squad.  

So so I think right up to this Season, there were excuses to why no action was taken. 

Coming into the start of the Season, not all of the players were here and we have suffered a number of injuries. 

However, our new depth of squad should have given us enough firepower. 

We are not creating enough chances and we are defensively shaky. That sits fair and square on levein’s  shoulders.  One criminal example was putting Clare in defence and removing a fullback directly resulted in a goal. No defender would have made that mistake. 

I think Saturday should probably have been the time to relieve him of his duties. Ann appears to be thinking a few more weeks is right. I disagree but don’t think she deserves the level of challenge she is getting. Some are saying she isn’t interested in footballing side but she clearly is, as demonstrated by the player recruitment change and redistribution of budget to playing staff. 

Overall, she has done an amazing job. We would not be here without her and she deserves a lot more respect than sonecare giving her. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, leginten said:

I guess that invalidates much of Budge’s statement yesterday, then. Level playing field if all the clubs are suffering.

Part of it anyway

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Part of it anyway

Apologies, it wasn’t the best of posts. Even a critic needs to acknowledge that we have been hit badly.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, leginten said:

Apologies, it wasn’t the best of posts. Even a critic needs to acknowledge that we have been hit badly.

A lot of frustration eh.

I think she will forever regret using "genuine".

A lot of ill informed people want him out, but equally a lot of well informed people do to. She is showing some Thatcher type resilience, they believe in what they are doing, in football time is the enemy. If I am being honest I don't see a corner turning shortly, if we have 5 points or less by the international break, even if we are in the semis, it would be difficult not to pull the trigger.

20 minutes ago, Sid said:

Overall, she has done an amazing job. We would not be here without her and she deserves a lot more respect than some care giving her. 

Nobody deserves the abuse she and Levein have received recently whether you think they are running the football side well or not. I think a lot of fans are frustrated they are unable to influence matters at the club especially as they contributed greatly to the healthy state of the finances in recent years. The fact that 8000 fans are contributing to FOH is a testament to the loyalty and devotion to the club that exists. However, some of those contributors are misunderstanding the level of control that they can exert over policy as a result of their generosity. When the fans eventually fully take control they will have slightly more influence than, say,  shareholders enjoy in businesses, but not enough to affect the day to day decision making. Having said all that, it is perfectly normal for football fans to want and expect their views to be heard by arguing, campaigning and protesting but without all the abuse and vitriol we're currently experiencing. I don't doubt for one minute that Ann budge and the board are well aware of the supporters feelings and are doing their very best to rectify the situation.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

I'm not suggest she wouldn't, I'm saying why should she walk away with less than a year to go only to let someone else run the club whilst she waits for the cash? wouldn't seem right to me.

She has  said she won't need to sack Levein because he will know when it is time to go. She may have been wrong on that.

As for her own position I hope she will know when it is time to go, and in any event until she is repaid in full under the terms of the Bidco/FH deal no-one can shift her. All  was saying was that any concern about whether she will be repaid need not be a factor in deciding... it is a complete red herring.

I never thought Ann Budge would turn on the Hearts support as she has done with her obsessive-compulsive backing of Craig Levein and his dysfunctional mismanagement of our coaching staff, fitness/training staff, players and team.  Does Ann Budge think we turn up on match days to admire the pitch and new stand or to watch a Hearts team playing good entertaining football.   If she thinks our support enjoy watching a shambles of a team she is deluded because that's what we have been putting up with for far too long. Yes our fans deserve better and she is turning too many people against her by not acting in the players/team's interests. I am really surprised that it has all come to this devide between Ann Budge and our support. Just today the Evening News poll that had over 4,200 vote 90% voted for Levein to be sacked yet Ann Budge tells us her board remains behind the manager. What do businesses say 'The customers always right' and in football terms 'When the fans want the manager out he's finished'. 

Edited by mitch41

37 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Has a manager ever turned around a situation like this? 

No, as no other manager is given as many chances or time that Levein has has been given.

10 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

It’s very plausible that people won’t agree with what Mackay gets put into print ( showing my age and trade) but no one can deny his “ Genuine” Hearts fan credentials , not even Mrs Budge . 

He has the credentials absolutely. Can’t remember the last time there was anything positive about the club in his weekly rant though. Not sure I call that a fan although as I said on another thread we do seem to have a fair rew fans who like moaning. 

9 hours ago, Boris said:

Did you read her statement?

The Board don't want CL to go...not yet at least.

He wouldn’t read it. Didn’t say what he wanted it to. Just makes his own stories up and tries to present them as facts. Time after time. His post that you replied to just proves my point. 

9 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

What is happening here is the truth emerging and being spelled out in no uncertain terms by elements of our so called “support”. Not everyone so save the faux outrage that has spilled forth in huge quantities on here. There are exceptions and it does not take a rocket scientist to see who is who.

The truth is is a certain minority in our support want rid of Ann Budge because they feel the whole match day “experience” has been sanitised to a degree by decisions and in turn exclusions made by the club. 

The atmosphere has gone? Maybe but kicking a few sectarian, racist bigots out the club does not change an atmosphere. Crowds create atmosphere. Winning teams create atmosphere. 

You can try and pin the crap atmosphere at Tynie in Ann kicking a few bams out but the truth is very different.

Craig Levein is now the weapon of choice for those wanting rid of Ann. It is convenient for them that we are having such a poor run. A poor run that I fully and without exception agree is not acceptable and plans discussed should the poor run continue. If you think back to our great run at the start of last season not one of the now hugely prolific posters banging the jungle drums calling for Ann and Craig to leave ever posted. They simply sat waiting for the defeats to start ignoring what any sane person would agree was the worst run of injuries anyone at the club can remember. A run that unfortunately is continuing.

Lets just ignore this fact shall we and call for the head of Ann anyway.? That’s agenda driven behaviour. If you are calling for action based on facts you are nothing but a hypocrite for not accepting facts when people argue against you. Unfortunately elements of our support are hypocrites and driven by agenda.

Ann Budge has defended Levein. Ann has to go? Bollocks. Absolute bollocks. Apart from first team results the work and results the club is producing are first class. The next set of financial results will prove we are leaps and bounds ahead of where we were only a few short years ago. Again ignored by the morons in our support. Levein is directly responsible for a huge amount of work and success out with the first team results. Again ignored. 

There is is every possible chance Levein will be gone shortly. Ann Budge will not make that or any other decision due to fan pressure. 

An opportunity has come up and those that want rid of Ann are trying to take full advantage. Don’t be fooled.

Best post on the thread bar none. 

1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Has a manager ever turned around a situation like this? 

Howard Kendall

SAF

Edited by soonbe110

Toxteth O'Grady
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Howard Kendall

SAF

11 months of the lowest points of any team in the league. 3 seasons of decline. Signing a team of duds and injuries - aye they done that and turned it around 

11 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

They are not the same situations.

Kendall situation is very similar to Levein in terms of fan discontent, boycott calls, unrest etc and that was in the days before social media. 

What is happening here is the truth emerging and being spelled out in no uncertain terms by elements of our so called “support”. Not everyone so save the faux outrage that has spilled forth in huge quantities on here. There are exceptions and it does not take a rocket scientist to see who is who.

The truth is is a certain minority in our support want rid of Ann Budge because they feel the whole match day “experience” has been sanitised to a degree by decisions and in turn exclusions made by the club. 

The atmosphere has gone? Maybe but kicking a few sectarian, racist bigots out the club does not change an atmosphere. Crowds create atmosphere. Winning teams create atmosphere. 

You can try and pin the crap atmosphere at Tynie in Ann kicking a few bams out but the truth is very different.

Craig Levein is now the weapon of choice for those wanting rid of Ann. It is convenient for them that we are having such a poor run. A poor run that I fully and without exception agree is not acceptable and plans discussed should the poor run continue. If you think back to our great run at the start of last season not one of the now hugely prolific posters banging the jungle drums calling for Ann and Craig to leave ever posted. They simply sat waiting for the defeats to start ignoring what any sane person would agree was the worst run of injuries anyone at the club can remember. A run that unfortunately is continuing.

Lets just ignore this fact shall we and call for the head of Ann anyway.? That’s agenda driven behaviour. If you are calling for action based on facts you are nothing but a hypocrite for not accepting facts when people argue against you. Unfortunately elements of our support are hypocrites and driven by agenda.

Ann Budge has defended Levein. Ann has to go? Bollocks. Absolute bollocks. Apart from first team results the work and results the club is producing are first class. The next set of financial results will prove we are leaps and bounds ahead of where we were only a few short years ago. Again ignored by the morons in our support. Levein is directly responsible for a huge amount of work and success out with the first team results. Again ignored. 

There is is every possible chance Levein will be gone shortly. Ann Budge will not make that or any other decision due to fan pressure. 

An opportunity has come up and those that want rid of Ann are trying to take full advantage. Don’t be fooled.

👍👍

There is undoubtedly a section of Hearts fans that want Ann out, but shes making it really easy for them by retaining Craig Levein as manager. He has failed and in every likelihood will continue to do so.

It’s not about bowing to fan pressure, the fans many who have not had a bad thing to say about Ann Budge, have had enough and frustration boiled over on Saturday and the protest was the result.

I could understand if a small minority of fans we’re calling for his head but it’s not it’s a very large majority. That’s not about fan pressure that’s the paying customer saying they’ve had enough of the crap product.

Her statement last night was a ridiculous emotion filled rant that only served to further increase frustration and pile more pressure on the manager and ultimately herself. 

If we lose the next two games with CL in charge the fans you refer to will have the perfect foil to inflict real damage to the club.

Shes done a lot right but she’s got this badly wrong.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

He has the credentials absolutely. Can’t remember the last time there was anything positive about the club in his weekly rant though. Not sure I call that a fan although as I said on another thread we do seem to have a fair rew fans who like moaning. 

Just because someone is critical of the way the club is being managed doesn’t discount them as a fan .

That said I would like it to be a more balanced article he gets accredited to , perhaps after having a go at  a situation he feels is not correct ( in his view) he could perhaps praise the club in say , the way they’re backing the women’s game for example ( that might upset some ) . 

47 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

👍👍

Paranoid delusion

7 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Just because someone is critical of the way the club is being managed doesn’t discount them as a fan .

That said I would like it to be a more balanced article he gets accredited to , perhaps after having a go at  a situation he feels is not correct ( in his view) he could perhaps praise the club in say , the way they’re backing the women’s game for example ( that might upset some ) . 

Exactly, his columns are one-sided and generally one dimensional. More balance required 

Geoff Kilpatrick
14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Exactly, his columns are one-sided and generally one dimensional. More balance required 

Or they could just be ignored. Op-ed pieces are just that. Opinions.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Or they could just be ignored. Op-ed pieces are just that. Opinions.

They could be. Doesn’t change the fact they are 100% negative - hardly the actions of a fan I’d suggest. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

They could be. Doesn’t change the fact they are 100% negative - hardly the actions of a fan I’d suggest. 

So anyone negative on here isn't a fan by the same token?

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So anyone negative on here isn't a fan by the same token?

Not if they are negative on every post over a lengthy period. At that point you have to believe they have an agenda which is not positive towards the club. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Not if they are negative on every post over a lengthy period. At that point you have to believe they have an agenda which is not positive towards the club. 

Not "genuine" in other words.

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

There is literally nothing to be positive about, we are a laughing stock. 

Adam_the_legend
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Sorry, so you ARE saying GM is not a genuine Hearts fan?!? 😳

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

👍👍

****ing hell :rofl:

5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I never thought Ann Budge would turn on the Hearts support as she has done with her obsessive-compulsive backing of Craig Levein and his dysfunctional mismanagement of our coaching staff, fitness/training staff, players and team.  Does Ann Budge think we turn up on match days to admire the pitch and new stand or to watch a Hearts team playing good entertaining football.   If she thinks our support enjoy watching a shambles of a team she is deluded because that's what we have been putting up with for far too long. Yes our fans deserve better and she is turning too many people against her by not acting in the players/team's interests. I am really surprised that it has all come to this devide between Ann Budge and our support. Just today the Evening News poll that had over 4,200 vote 90% voted for Levein to be sacked yet Ann Budge tells us her board remains behind the manager. What do businesses say 'The customers always right' and in football terms 'When the fans want the manager out he's finished'. 

Mini Tin pot mentality being shown towards the unhappy fans Like we care who rules the company.  I ll decide the measures I take in my stance also how when where I follow Hearts. Someone upset my Mother outside on the plazza has already been spoken to.. I'm staying away till it changes in our favour or someone's going to get headered