Ann Budge’s review of the football department

afanderson33

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Ignore the statement ,its a result business .

It's the results that will decide Zombie Leveins fate .he will be gone before the end of October as I dont see results picking up .

Only so long the board can ignore the support .

We'll be firmy rooted at the bottom of the league at the end of october with no way back

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• mitch41

• wavydavy

• 1874robbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Dallas Green said:

You do realise that whoever is on the board from FOH can do nothing?

They can speak up and back the supporters they represent though 

Anybody who believes ”Sack the board” is an appropriate chant would have been happy for them to not  blink when the club was about to do a SevCo??

Wanting your cake and all that.  Budge RIGHTLY runs this show, the only calm business brain connected with Hearts.

15 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Best squad we've had in her time.... aye Mulraney, Uche, Maclean, Berra, Brandon, Doyle, Zlamal, Pereira, DIkamona, Henderson and Morrison are brilliant right enough

Yes I think this is the issue. She’s backed him and backed him to build a bigger and better squad. Because that is what Levein has said is required. 

Problem is the squad does not improve. It changes but is not Improving. 

That statement is pathetic. Again talks about nothing. Constant references to what they measure again but no actual statement of what that criteria is. Having to divert resources from continued growth to support a failing manager isn't a situation the board should be entertaining. I'm viewing this as their commitment to Levein is now holding the club back. 

I have no issue with the idea of a DOF attending meetings and presenting/ justifying football operations, but he cannot do both. He's doing a shite job as manager and needs to step down. 

Also, sounds like Robinsons agent is putting his name about. 

I think that statement reeks of contempt for the fans frustrations. Levein's 'plan' could still be kept in place with him no longer managing the first team. He's not got it, step back FFS

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

They can speak up and back the supporters they represent though 

You don't know that they don't do that atm. None of us do.

Again, even if they did, it means nothing.

The board and Ann are clearly aware of how fans feel right  now.

Trapper John McIntyre

That statement is as divorced from reality as any Romanov rant at its worst.

But should it surprise us? Rich, powerful people have no conception of everyday reality. This woman is no different.

Thanks for what you've done for us in the past Ann, but I don't want another hubristic, egotistical loon runing my club again.

Shame. It could have been good.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Armageddon said:

Anybody who believes ”Sack the board” is an appropriate chant would have been happy for them to not  blink when the club was about to do a SevCo??

Wanting your cake and all that.  Budge RIGHTLY runs this show, the only calm business brain connected with Hearts.

Always been backer of Ann Budge but that statement today is massive slap in the face to real hearts supporters whatever she means by that 

2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

How long should we be happy to have a  financially secure club but with a massively underachieving first team before this chant would be valid?

Edited by GinRummy

If AB was to get away with a statement supporting CL, then it needed to reflect some short term targets for improvement in results otherwise the Board would have to explore all options. 

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

She was, at least until she drunk the Kool Aid.

Theres no ‘calm business brain’ in annoying your “customers”.

That condescending nonsense was no better than anything the lunatic she replaced slavered.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

3 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Can someone explain to me who the genuine fans are ? Not the ones with season tickets. Home and away every week. FOH subscribers. Shareholders. Who is she referring to ?

She must be thinking the genuine fans are people like the 5% on here made up of trolls, Hibs ***** and general all-round ***** who are still backing the good ship Levein as it takes us all down.

17 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Is it just me, but I think that statement is fairly inoffensive (apart from all the ellipses of course)

1.Plenty of information on how the club has tried to address problems in the past; the problems of 17/18 (shite football and Cathro) were different to those of 18/19 (injuries absolutely ****ing us when we were top of the league), and the problems of 19/20 are (so far) a result of steps taken to address 18/19 problems (i.e. a big squad of new players intended to provide injury cover)

2. Admission that the board etc don't always get it right, but that when they make mistakes they do try to fix them; we've stopped major infrastructure spending in order to focus on the team - plenty people on here were clamouring for that when various design decisions were being made about the new stand.

3. A clear explanation of CL's roles and responsibilities and accountability to the board - i.e. he doesn't have power over his own employment (which should be obvious to anyone who knows how a job works). That's clear enough for even the Sportsound mob to understand I reckon.

4. Clarification of rumours in the press, and a 'shut up' to Michael Stewart and Gary Mackay (plenty people on here have said that in the past)  

I'm not sure what people really expect just now. As she clearly points out, "Be assured that [the board] are not ‘burying our heads in the sand’; we are in constant dialogue about performances and what is going wrong on the pitch".

That seems obvious to me that if things don't improve - with this new, better, more expensive squad - that change will happen.

For now, that's the state of play, things won't change before 5pm on Sunday, so I'm going to get along to Easter Road and support the team. 

And the 'genuine Hearts fans' line hasn't riled me up one bit. It was clearly aimed at the bigoted wee shites who don't give a **** about the club's reputation and just want to sing their 'folk songs' and chuck flares on our pitch. 

*tin hat on*

I agree. I read it before scrolling through comments here. And I actually thought it was OK. I know her thoughts now. I know why she is steering the course she is. And I know they will make changes if this goes on.

A few more bad results and there will have to be some noticeable reaction from her though.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

Clearly doing nothing about it and to speak about 5 games is just absolute nonsense 

Football Department review.......Bollocks!!!!.... This is angry Ann writing notes at the weekend after a gin and Tonic too many!!!

18 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Is it just me, but I think that statement is fairly inoffensive (apart from all the ellipses of course)

1.Plenty of information on how the club has tried to address problems in the past; the problems of 17/18 (shite football and Cathro) were different to those of 18/19 (injuries absolutely ****ing us when we were top of the league), and the problems of 19/20 are (so far) a result of steps taken to address 18/19 problems (i.e. a big squad of new players intended to provide injury cover)

2. Admission that the board etc don't always get it right, but that when they make mistakes they do try to fix them; we've stopped major infrastructure spending in order to focus on the team - plenty people on here were clamouring for that when various design decisions were being made about the new stand.

3. A clear explanation of CL's roles and responsibilities and accountability to the board - i.e. he doesn't have power over his own employment (which should be obvious to anyone who knows how a job works). That's clear enough for even the Sportsound mob to understand I reckon.

4. Clarification of rumours in the press, and a 'shut up' to Michael Stewart and Gary Mackay (plenty people on here have said that in the past)  

I'm not sure what people really expect just now. As she clearly points out, "Be assured that [the board] are not ‘burying our heads in the sand’; we are in constant dialogue about performances and what is going wrong on the pitch".

That seems obvious to me that if things don't improve - with this new, better, more expensive squad - that change will happen.

For now, that's the state of play, things won't change before 5pm on Sunday, so I'm going to get along to Easter Road and support the team. 

And the 'genuine Hearts fans' line hasn't riled me up one bit. It was clearly aimed at the bigoted wee shites who don't give a **** about the club's reputation and just want to sing their 'folk songs' and chuck flares on our pitch. 

*tin hat on*

Exactly how I took it, folk are ready to foam right away these days. I don't agree with giving Levein more time but she's explained things pretty well. 

Said it on the other thread she's taking the piss.

No point booing Levein water off a dicks back. She's the problem target her.

3 years of incompetence while she's sat on her arse.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The “genuine fan” comment is appalling.

She should be taken to task over that and asked to explain it. 

Condescending old fart. 

2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Completely take your point but feel she is massively misjudging this. Ought to have taken one step back and pushed him firmly under the bus. The tone of the statement is offensive, antagonistic and to my mind is blind to the scale of the problem.

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Clearly doing nothing about it and to speak about 5 games is just absolute nonsense 

It is nonsense in the grand scheme of our performances this calendar year, however I can see why they are talking about the last 5 league games. 

I don't for one minute think Ann isn't seriously questioning him at these board meetings.

I am not surprised by the content - injuries have caused all the problems and she is backing Levein to the hilt.

What surprised me is the anger that came through the statement that gave me the impression it was basically two fingers to the Hearts support - who does she think the “genuine” Hearts fans are????

I have supported Hearts for over 50 years, been a ST holder for over 25 years, shareholder, and FoH contributor from the start, brought my kids up to be Jambo’s, but I WANT LEVEIN OUT NOW - I am therefore not a genuine Hearts fan now in Ann’s opinion????

We all know Levein is arrogant and bloody minded but it looks like Ann has taken over that mantle

I fear for my Club!

Budge gets pass marks for me still as she has backed Levein to the hilt with some quality signings. She is backing the wrong horse though.

I think if we lose the derby then a Levein leaves 

16 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Absolute shambles of a statement and completely patronising. Guess I'm not a "genuine fan" in her eyes either despite having a season ticket for the last 30 years. 

Now firmly of the opinion she is a bigger problem than Levein.  

Nailed it. 

Just now, glynnlondon said:

Said it on the other thread she's taking the piss.

No point booing Levein water off a dicks back. She's the problem target her.

3 years of incompetence while she's sat on her arse.

What drivel. 

She's hardly sat on her arse and as for "target her" pathetic. 

You don't have to agree with her every decision but she's explained pretty well how she has reacted to previous windows etc. 

She has backed the manager well and tge first team appears to be the only failure atm, that's down to Levein who from that statement has just had the vote of confidence. 

20 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

*tin hat on*

Yep, not to difficult to interpret if you read the statement.

Good post.

18 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

How did you come to that conclusion reading that statement?

This bit probably. “We will continue to scrutinise our on-field performances and should we feel our plans are going astray and our approach needs to be adjusted, we will respond accordingly.”

he’s probably been told he has got 5 games to turn it round... you might not agree but let’s hope she is working on plan b now, ready to implement it if / when he fails.

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Well done Ann. 

A perfectly reasoned and well thought out statement.

Now get behind the team or go and support Hibs.

Like you do!

Just now, fabienleclerq said:

What drivel. 

She's hardly sat on her arse and as for "target her" pathetic. 

You don't have to agree with her every decision but she's explained pretty well how she has reacted to previous windows etc. 

She has backed the manager well and tge first team appears to be the only failure atm, that's down to Levein who from that statement has just had the vote of confidence. 

ATM you're having a laugh it's been a shit show for 3 years.

She's too cosy with Levein tho some on here choose to ignore that

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Well done Ann. 

How’s your recruitment drive for the Lochend Tramps going?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Well done Ann. 

Yes, let’s get relegated.

Ernie Eskilsson

The ‘genuine fan’ comment is an absolute disgrace.

I’d like to hear Craig’s progress reports, here’s mine;

Since losing in the LC semi we’ve played 33 SPL matches, won 28 out of the 99 points available and scored 30 goals while conceding 54.

Looking at the 4 seasons we’ve been back in the SPL we’ve finished  3rd, 5th, 6th, 6th and we’re currently in 12th place.

That doesn’t look like great progress to me and certainly doesn’t suggest we’re on the cusp of anything good.

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Well done Ann. 

You’re having a ****ing laugh right?

Vlad would have been proud of that rant.

Is it possible with such a farcical and antagonising statement she is looking for a way out of the club now???. 

She is the one who said if I am not wanted I will stand diwn

That speech does nothing but turn everybody against her. 

Seems to me that could just be what she wants. 

If not that, it is the most arrogant and ignorant statement I have ever read in my life!!!! 

Just now, glynnlondon said:

ATM you're having a laugh it's been a shit show for 3 years.

She's too cosy with Levein tho some on here choose to ignore that

And she's explained what the board have done in that time to fix it. You don't have to agree with her. I don't particularly but she's still far and away the best owner we've had in my lifetime. 

I would bin Levein BTW. 

I notice she has gone from the fluffy, friendly “oh, I have to call Craig in because I don’t know what our procedures are for xyz” tone in a recent interview to trying to pretend that an incredibly tight ship is being run in terms of accountability. 

No more Mrs Nice Guy.

Not convincing anybody. Transparent as ****.

Edited by leginten

“In short, our Board remains behind the Manager, his coaching staff and his team…”

Ah well, enjoy the vitriol that you are going to experience, Mrs Budge. 

Just now, Spoleto said:

Yes. Like I do. 

You'd be best checking out the toys and prams at the Early Learning Centre.

You’re obsessed with kids. 

12 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

They may be aware but they don’t understand.. they are off the view that a couple of wins and all will be forgotten.. there is no goodwill left.. we could win 5 in a row and the first loss we will be right back where we started.. they see it.. but they don’t get it

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Sounds to me as if Levein wrote that and passed it to AB to put on the site.

And this is why she needs realise football is a different animal - customer because cynically I think you believe your absurd comment is a true reflection of what has happened.

As an edit, she may have put it past him first and given him an opportunity to commment and change elements, or not.

Edited by DETTY29

I am an extremely reasonable person and that statment is nonsense. 

Being a boss and a friend of someone is dangerous business and this is what it screams off. She just doesn't have the guts to do it for whatever reason. 

Your plans can stay the same but just with a different man in charge Ann. The guys holding everything back. 

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You’re obsessed with kids. 

That's quality banter.

Also, your display picture is a teddy bear and you're calling yourself Nookie Bear?  Right you are.

Edited by AuldReekiee