Ann Budge’s review of the football department

afanderson33

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A decision has been made. And very much a short-term decision giving Levein an ultimatum on reading that statement. She's basically put Levein on notice. It is a fair way to handle things given how much work Levein has put into the club.

How about instead of acting like toddlers who can't have exactly what they want exactly when they want it, the support as a whole acts like adults and gets behind the team? Levein will either be gone within a month if results continue or he'll still be here, which will mean we're climbing the league and may be in the cup still. Which is good, right, right...? Or is getting Levein out now more important than us winning games?

Personally winning the derby and getting to the cup semi are more important than what's happening with the manager. We've as much chance of doing those things with levin at the helm as with McPhee and Daly as caretakers, which is probably also Budge's thinking.

Get Levein out then we’ll win games.

look at his record ffs wake up and smell the coffee.

this isn’t a wee blip! Yes he may get the odd good result but his football style is old hat! He’s been dissed out by all the other managers and he doesn’t have a plan B

look at his Subs at the weekend?

He has lost the plot and the sooner he’s gone the better all round.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• mitch41

• wavydavy

• 1874robbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, weegie jambo said:

its not Leveins signings that are the problem, it's Levein himself!

Correct, and he'll get enough time and then be booted.

4 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Some of the chat here is quite unbelievable. If it was on hibs board I'd be laughing.

Chairman comes out with an unvarnished, this is how it is, statement. Addresses things that have been speculated on, and ends it with, if things don't improve we will have to make changes.

I liked the tone of it. It was combantative and shows she cares.

All this disrespectful, no respect for fans etc... chat is a poor show.

She has a plan. She has cleared up rumors and speculation, she has held her hand up saying mistakes have been made, has blown some of the ridiculous stuff talked on this board about Levein out of the water, and she will stick to the plan for now, but has warned changes will happen of results don't improve.

Wow. Someone with long term vision.

Yes, Levein must be moved or move himself upstairs. If results improve, that allows for long term planning and a proper manager search. 

If they don't, we are forced into a quick, and most probably, high risk financial/performance wise decision.

Tough times, and a crap start to the season. But we need to pull together now and be the 12th man. The team needs the fans to help get them out of a time of low confodence. 

Ann has heard what we think of Craig. Time to show why we are the best fans in the country and help the team horse hibs.

hibs board are laughing at us sticking with a manager who should have been sacked in March.. 

6 ****ing months without a win.. aye that’s a long term plan right enough.. 

5 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Yet you seem perplexed that people have taken umbrage at the statement. He's keeping the job for the forsessable. Unless youre lacking in critical faculties it's easy to see why this is a moronic position to take. 

Show me where she said he has the job for the foreseeable? Seems I’m not the one lacking critical faculties or basics like reading a document and interpreting/understanding it. 

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Not for me. I don't know what tramlines your life has run down but mine has jumped the rails a few times, the trick is to keep going. In AB I trust,

Entitled to your opinion as I am and He needs to go completely from the club 

Just now, 1874robbo said:

this isn’t a wee blip! Yes he may get the odd good result but his football style is old hat! He’s been dissed out by all the other managers and he doesn’t have a plan B

Two words; Terry and Butcher. If you think it's easy you'd be a multi millionaire, like Ann Budge.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

Two words; Terry and Butcher. If you think it's easy you'd be a multi millionaire, like Ann Budge.

She never made her money making football related decisions that’s for sure.

8 minutes ago, rmreido said:

But we're only 5 games in🙈

I'm sorry but this goes way back....

not just this season, ffs 

Levein not going anywhere anytime soon, what a f###ing mess 

If he can just scrape a few more draws at home and get himself to next season, he'll be able to start all over again! Yay!

I do not an issue with her statement, now she has put it in black and white, those that are boycotting go ahead, I bought a season ticket do not contribute to FOH and will no doubt continue to go to games as will most.

Tina is way she sees it, baws of steel lol

2 things that absolutely infuriate me about this statement-

1. “we will not overreact” - implies the supporters who pay their hard earned and are protesting are “simply over reacting”

2. “disappointed with the poor results in the first 5 premier league fixtures” - our disappointment/outcry against Levein & the board is much bigger than that you silly woman!!!! 

😡😢😡

Adam_the_legend

Call me hysterical but if CL is in charge for the foreseeable, regardless of results, we’re in with a decent chance of getting relegated this season. Absolutely tragic state of affairs!

10 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Some of the chat here is quite unbelievable. If it was on hibs board I'd be laughing.

Chairman comes out with an unvarnished, this is how it is, statement. Addresses things that have been speculated on, and ends it with, if things don't improve we will have to make changes.

I liked the tone of it. It was combantative and shows she cares.

All this disrespectful, no respect for fans etc... chat is a poor show.

She has a plan. She has cleared up rumors and speculation, she has held her hand up saying mistakes have been made, has blown some of the ridiculous stuff talked on this board about Levein out of the water, and she will stick to the plan for now, but has warned changes will happen of results don't improve.

Wow. Someone with long term vision.

Yes, Levein must be moved or move himself upstairs. If results improve, that allows for long term planning and a proper manager search. 

If they don't, we are forced into a quick, and most probably, high risk financial/performance wise decision.

Tough times, and a crap start to the season. But we need to pull together now and be the 12th man. The team needs the fans to help get them out of a time of low confodence. 

Ann has heard what we think of Craig. Time to show why we are the best fans in the country and help the team horse hibs.

All that and she managed to alienate large amounts of fans at the same time. Some statement like.

21 minutes ago, S Form said:

On the contrary, that’s what football boards are famous for. It’s why it’s referred to as ‘the dreaded vote of confidence.’ If we beat/draw with Hibs it might complicate things, but I do think she’ll have no choice but sack him if we get beat by them and Aberdeen.

I really don’t think Budge is your average football Chairman/woman.

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Did F-all basically and did ok

Why did you ask how he makes money?  Does that make his opinion more or less valid?

Just now, Captain Price said:

Absolute ****ing pantwetters across social media since the weekend.

That will be the non genuine hearts supporters budge alluded to.

1 minute ago, Captain Price said:

What will it take for you to become one?

For Levein to actually relegate Hearts?

37 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

****ing hell - get some perspective.

We’ve had a shite start to the season - it will improve - if it doesn’t Levein’s gone. Win-win for all. 

You still think it’s just about the last 5 games. 

You just don't get it mate. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Why did you ask how he makes money?  Does that make his opinion more or less valid?

because he questioned how AB had made her money, and no it doesn't, any more than mine is.

Edited by upgotheheads

1 minute ago, Captain Price said:

I agree to an extent.

Hankies, tennis balls ?

Ffs, just stay in the pub like normal people.

This won’t go on forever, be as well getting a few drinks in while it runs it’s course.

4 minutes ago, Captain Price said:

Do you just not care enough to bother or do you think Levein and Budge are doing a fine job? 

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Do you just not care enough to bother or do you think Levein and Budge are doing a fine job? 

Did you not hear Craig after the Celtic game, we are just about to turn the corner, it’s all coming together etc. Stop wetting your pants. 

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How much worse can it actually get? I’ve just read it again and there’s a few things that o would love to ask.

If injuries are the sole cause of the problem we hasn’t anything been done about it. She states last season injuries was unprecedented, it was exactly the season before. She said she has four successful businessmen as non executive board members  who talk about performances on the pitch, are they any more qualified than we are to do this? It’s almost like if she has to act it’s accepting they were wrong about Levein, they love a plan but don’t really say much about them not working. She’s accepted his excuses and is now peddling them to us as if we haven’t heard them and dissected them to death. For “genuine Hearts fans” read people who continue to accept mediocrity on the pitch whilst filling the clubs coffers. 

Sorry to have a rant at you by the way.

I see where you are coming from but just disagree in approach. After decades of chaos on and off the pitch with Mercer, Robinson, Romanov, Admin etc I thought Budge/FoH had the opportunity to rebuild the club from ground up so that we wouldn’t have the boom or bust financial background hanging over the playing side ever again. I think they have done a great job so far on that part and their strategy of investing as we go, where it’s needed, has been laudable. Rather than build a stand we could have blown a lot of money on players a la SMG but they didn’t. They put infrastructure in place that should ensure a solid financial base for the club for years/decades to come. I’m ok with accepting some dodgy periods on the pitch as we move through that rebuild and that’s what’s  happened. Last 11 months have been tough, dreadful whatever on the playing side. Season before that had the upheaval of Murrayfield etc but there were signs of progress. There’s no doubt injuries scuppered last season. Indeed some  of the key injuries from last autumn have still to return to full fitness eg Naismith, Berra, Haring to name three. Did well to get to cup final with a favourable draw. Very poor start to this season but all nine signings this summer were signings that I genuinely believed would improve us. Already injuries mean that the main attacking players we signed, Naismith, Washington and Walker won’t play together until January. That has to be seen as a major blow and has to impact results and performances. Add in Souter, Smith, Perreira injuries and it’s tough to judge whether Levein got it right in the summer or not. Certainly not many clubs in SPFL would perform at expected levels with the scale of injuries we are currently experiencing. I can understand why she is hesitant about making changes so soon into the season. 

So that’s my thinking but if results don’t improve soon she will make changes and that’s what she said today. We can all argue about timing of when to make changes but the clock is clearly ticking and I don’t doubt she will take action if it becomes necessary. 

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

because he questioned how AB had made her money, and no it doesn't, any more than mine is.

No he didn’t. He said she never made her money making football related decisions. That’s a fact.

"Our Board has 4 non-executive directors, appointed because of their business acumen and experience"

Aye, but not one of them know's hee haw about football!

Mid Calder Jambo
1 hour ago, graygo said:

It will be almost impossible for someone to come in and take over our club thankfully. One of the good things about how the FoH is set up.

1 hour ago, DarioHMFC said:

For us to be a ‘takeover opportunity’ would require FoH relinquishing their majority share, that should NEVER happen unless we’re about to go down the swanny. 

I hope that you appreciate that i am playing Devils Advocate here but we are a business and if the price was right and the suitor wanted to but then there are ways in which it would happen.  Going by what AB has said recently the FOH hold no authosity over the board or club.  Contempt, that is what we are all being reated with just now.

Mid Calder Jambo
Just now, Sagan said:

"Our Board has 4 non-executive directors, appointed because of their business acumen and experience"

Aye, but not one of them know's hee haw about football!

My thoughts entirely when I saw that.  They are all Budges cronies.

Sadly I think Ann is in serious risk of losing any goodwill that she has built over the last 5 years with the Hearts support.

What legacy will she have if she gets her money back next year and the FoH take over when we are in the Championship?

4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

i said she never made her money through football and I’m correct.

you actually brought her money up first tbf

It's a poor statement and can only assume no one proof read it before it was sent out.

The phrase 'Genuine Hearts fans" is up there with managers talking about "Proper Football People " when facing criticism. 

Even if she was trying to distinguish between your ordinary supporter and ones who incite or cause violence, it's an ambiguous phrase that rightly has angered a lot of fans.

The stuff around halting infrastructure plans and diverting investment to the first team is good and rubbishes the claims that she's only interested in the business side of the club.

She is also right to highlight the impact of injuries to results but she is deluding herself and the supporters if injuries are fully responsible for the catastrophic downturn in form.

She would have been better saying something like "Results this season are way below the standards we demand and expect but the board will not rush into any knee jerk reaction at this stage.

Rest assured though, the board will not hesitate to make changes if results do not improve very quickly.".

That wouldn't have been what I would have wanted in the statement (Announcing Levein's sacking) but would have been better than what was posted today.

We shou

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I see where you are coming from but just disagree in approach. After decades of chaos on and off the pitch with Mercer, Robinson, Romanov, Admin etc I thought Budge/FoH had the opportunity to rebuild the club from ground up so that we wouldn’t have the boom or bust financial background hanging over the playing side ever again. I think they have done a great job so far on that part and their strategy of investing as we go, where it’s needed, has been laudable. Rather than build a stand we could have blown a lot of money on players a la SMG but they didn’t. They put infrastructure in place that should ensure a solid financial base for the club for years/decades to come. I’m ok with accepting some dodgy periods on the pitch as we move through that rebuild and that’s what’s  happened. Last 11 months have been tough, dreadful whatever on the playing side. Season before that had the upheaval of Murrayfield etc but there were signs of progress. There’s no doubt injuries scuppered last season. Indeed some  of the key injuries from last autumn have still to return to full fitness eg Naismith, Berra, Haring to name three. Did well to get to cup final with a favourable draw. Very poor start to this season but all nine signings this summer were signings that I genuinely believed would improve us. Already injuries mean that the main attacking players we signed, Naismith, Washington and Walker won’t play together until January. That has to be seen as a major blow and has to impact results and performances. Add in Souter, Smith, Perreira injuries and it’s tough to judge whether Levein got it right in the summer or not. Certainly not many clubs in SPFL would perform at expected levels with the scale of injuries we are currently experiencing. I can understand why she is hesitant about making changes so soon into the season. 

So that’s my thinking but if results don’t improve soon she will make changes and that’s what she said today. We can all argue about timing of when to make changes but the clock is clearly ticking and I don’t doubt she will take action if it becomes necessary. 

the teams we put out should be capable of beating Ross County, Hamilton and Motherwell at home.. regardless of injuries - id hazard a guess that our playing staff on those days  would have been worth 2/3 times the value of the opposition.

also, the thing with young player- they have all regressed massively with the exception of Hickey.. but he hasn’t been leveined just yet

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No he didn’t. He said she never made her money making football related decisions. That’s a fact.

i.e. he questioned how she made her money. 

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I agree but he's not going yet. So accept the decision and back the team.

Didn't address the worst run in our history with said new squad. The big investment should allow us to pick up a few wins here or there even with injury problems. 

Whatever the statement says he can't have many more bad results.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I agree but he's not going yet. So accept the decision and back the team.

As I’ve said on numerous occasions over the days, I back the team but want him removed.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Didn't address the worst run in our history with said new squad. The big investment should allow us to pick up a few wins here or there even with injury problems. 

Whatever the statement says he can't have many more bad results.

That is what the statement says. I wonder if half the people on here actually read the whole thing.

4 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I hope that you appreciate that i am playing Devils Advocate here but we are a business and if the price was right and the suitor wanted to but then there are ways in which it would happen.  Going by what AB has said recently the FOH hold no authosity over the board or club.  Contempt, that is what we are all being reated with just now.

She owns the club. Why would she give authority over it to FoH until they come up with purchase price ? 

Toxteth O'Grady
15 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Call me hysterical but if CL is in charge for the foreseeable, regardless of results, we’re in with a decent chance of getting relegated this season. Absolutely tragic state of affairs!

The points tally of all teams since the end of October last year suggests that we will be relegated - the league doesn’t lie. Unlike our manager and owner. 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We shou

the teams we put out should be capable of beating Ross County, Hamilton and Motherwell at home.. regardless of injuries - id hazard a guess that our playing staff on those days  would have been worth 2/3 times the value of the opposition.

also, the thing with young player- they have all regressed massively with the exception of Hickey.. but he hasn’t been leveined just yet

Young players who featured in first team and are not currently are largely victims of their own doing. I’ll say no more. 

I love Mrs Budge for saving

our club but her message is

naive and deluded.

I have made many plans in life which didn’t work so changed direction. sometimes the wrong

way but eventually it worked out.

sometimes you make mistakes but you have to move on upwards and onwards.

this statement is her way or the highway with no compromise or  thought for the supporters and in particular the 8500 FOH donators.