afanderson33

Ann Budge’s review of the football department

wavydavy
7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The silence by some when we win is telling. 

Easy to spot as well as we haven't won many recently. 

The Motherwell away win was the most obvious recent one. 

Many rabid posters just... Dissappear! 

Kickback actually becomes a good place for a few days, debate, balance, no profanitys, no or little abuse. 

Maybe thats because it's the genuine Hearts fans posting, eh? 

Who kens? 

Being our resident expert on all things football can you please define what a Genuine Hearts Fans is ?

Smith's right boot
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Being our resident expert on all things football can you please define what a Genuine Hearts Fans is ?

In this context, ones that post after wins and not only defeats.

Pretty self explanatory from the post tbh.

Noah Claypole
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You called? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

:rofl:

I love the idea of Tosh desperately scouring for Kickback handles, judging people he knows nothing about!

soonbe110
12 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Well one thing for sure is that he is more of a Hearts fan than Craig Levein will ever be.

Rubbish

soonbe110
7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The silence by some when we win is telling. 

Easy to spot as well as we haven't won many recently. 

The Motherwell away win was the most obvious recent one. 

Many rabid posters just... Dissappear! 

Kickback actually becomes a good place for a few days, debate, balance, no profanitys, no or little abuse. 

Maybe thats because it's the genuine Hearts fans posting, eh? 

Who kens? 

Thought I was the only one that noticed that. 

wavydavy
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If it had been self explanatory do you think I would have asked?

So how many instances of Genuine Hearts Fans do you reckon there are considering  you say in this context?

If I post after a win and say that I still think Craig Levein should go does that make me a genuine Hearts Fan?

Nothing to do with how many years I have supported them through thick and thin and bought a season ticket every year for god only knows how many years and contributed to FOH since the beginning etc etc.

What you are really saying is that you think guys like you who are the genuine Hearts Fans on the basis of some posts on here.

Get a grip for goodness sake.

Edited by wavydavy

ford donald
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Will be a rare occurrence then..

mitch41
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not by a long way.

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Rubbish

Was Levein on the terrace for the Lokomotiv Leipzig game in 76? Has he ever stood on the terrace at Tynie? Has he ever paid to get into Tynie? A charlatan who has hoovered a lot of money from the club since he stopped playing. 

soonbe110
28 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

41 years supporting Hearts over a Raith fan..Mmmm...that's a tough one. As for Mackay..even longer supporting the famous.

Levein probably now has more ‘appearances’ for the club than your hero I suspect. 

wavydavy
11 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

You called? 

I think you should have a word with Levein and give him a few tips since you seem to think you are the expert.

soonbe110
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Was Levein on the terrace for the Lokomotiv Leipzig game in 76? Has he ever stood on the terrace at Tynie? Has he ever paid to get into Tynie? A charlatan who has hoovered a lot of money from the club since he stopped playing. 

How would you know?  Mackay and Levein were both paid as per their employment contracts. Think your memory is going if you think Mackay, like any player, earned his corn by performance every week. 

Doubt if anyone ever thought Mackay was good enough for top level in England. Many thought Levein was prior to injury. 

Scotland caps?  And that’s despite two career-threatening injuries 

Management success? 

Theres really no comparison. Can’t believe you can’t see it. 

Noah Claypole
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think you should have a word with Levein and give him a few tips since you seem to think you are the expert.

Ok.

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How would you know?  Mackay and Levein were both paid as per their employment contracts. Think your memory is going if you think Mackay, like any player, earned his corn by performance every week. 

Doubt if anyone ever thought Mackay was good enough for top level in England. Many thought Levein was prior to injury. 

Scotland caps?  And that’s despite two career-threatening injuries 

Management success? 

Theres really no comparison. Can’t believe you can’t see it. 

Eh?? Did you read my post? Obviously not. I'm talking about a Hearts supporter compared to a paid employee. Nothing to do with their respective playing abilities. As...a....supporter 

Smith's right boot
13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

If it had been self explanatory do you think I would have asked?

So how many instances of Genuine Hearts Fans do you reckon there are considering  you say in this context?

If I post after a win and say that I still think Craig Levein should go does that make me a genuine Hearts Fan?

Nothing to do with how many years I have supported them through thick and thin and bought a season ticket every year for god only knows how many years and contributed to FOH since the beginning etc etc.

What you are really saying is that you think guys like you who are the genuine Hearts Fans on the basis of some posts on here.

Get a grip for goodness sake.

Nah mate. 

Smith's right boot
12 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Will be a rare occurrence then..

That's why it was so obvious! 

😭

Geoff Kilpatrick

Enzo, your hatred of Levein is becoming extremely weird. If you want proof of Craig Levein's bona fides, look at the original 590 club.

soonbe110
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Eh?? Did you read my post? Obviously not. I'm talking about a Hearts supporter compared to a paid employee. Nothing to do with their respective playing abilities. As...a....supporter 

So he went to a few games as a fan. So what. There probably 5,000 at every home game that have been to more games ‘as a fan’ than Mackay has. It’s no big deal. Not sure I get your point. None of us are better fans than anyone else. Like Mackay I’m a Balgreen boy, I was there in 76, and long before.  Does that make me one of your Uber fans? It certainly does not make me think I have contributed more to Hearts than Craig Levein. Nor Gary Mackey or JohnRobertson or even most other players. 

wavydavy
34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's why it was so obvious! 

😭

I think he was referring to us winning.

Smith's right boot
8 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I think he was referring to us winning.

He was. 

We've only won once, that's why the disappearance of said posters was so obvious! 🙄

Rampant before, rampant after. 

Litterally about 5 days of some posters "having a kit kat"....after we won. 

wavydavy
36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He was. 

We've only won once, that's why the disappearance of said posters was so obvious! 🙄

Rampant before, rampant after. 

Litterally about 5 days of some posters "having a kit kat"....after we won. 

Talking of kit kat's give us a break Tosh.

Smith's right boot
50 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Talking of kit kat's give us a break Tosh.

You think of that all by yourself.... 😉

Hopefully we all can after a win tommorow. 

Nookie Bear
10 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Easy: it’s someone who wants hibs to win the Scottish Cup 👍🏻

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Easy: it’s someone who wants hibs to win the Scottish Cup 👍🏻

:jjyay:

Gambo

We have gone from talking about fighting for 2nd/3rd/4th, to accepting 6th 2 seasons in a row, to our manager talking about avoiding relegation.

What a brilliant plan.

Edited by Gambo

Vlad Magic
On 19/09/2019 at 10:19, Ron Burgundy said:

Dear God.

That is just nonsense.

Good luck getting the medical care that you clearly need.

Its looking more and more like I was bang on the money.

farin
16 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We have gone from talking about fighting for 2nd/3rd/4th, to accepting 6th 2 seasons in a row, to our manager talking about avoiding relegation.

What a brilliant plan.

Watched his presser yesterday, looked like a broken man.. 

wavydavy
26 minutes ago, Gambo said:

What a brilliant plan.

But Ann and the Board including the FOH representatives think he is doing a great job.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
29 minutes ago, Gambo said:

What a brilliant plan.

You can’t even say it’s a surprise. 

Gambo
21 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

But Ann and the Board including the FOH representatives think he is doing a great job.

Scary.

Gambo
30 minutes ago, farin said:

Watched his presser yesterday, looked like a broken man.. 

He needs to do the right thing for himself and Ann and resign. 

Vlad Magic
38 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

But they don’t.

Edited by Vlad Magic

farin
27 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Agreed, but he’d be admitting failure.  Then again if results don’t improve dramatically in the next few weeks that option might be taken out of his hands altogether by budge. We can only hope this is ended soon either way. 

Nookie Bear
55 minutes ago, Gambo said:

How about Ann shows true leadership and makes a change to something that is not working, and shows little sign of working?

The decision needs taken out of his hands. 

leginten
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

How about Ann shows true leadership and makes a change to something that is not working, and shows little sign of working?

She needs to hope and pray the next four days go well. Two defeats would leave her looking foolish no matter whether she sacked him or continued to back him. But that’s the corner she has painted herself into this week.

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, leginten said:

She needs to hope and pray the next four days go well. Two defeats would leave her looking foolish no matter whether she sacked him or continued to back him. But that’s the corner she has painted herself into this week.

Apart from our seethe levels, I’m not sure two defeats would make her change anything. 

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Apart from our seethe levels, I’m not sure two defeats would make her change anything. 

A depressing thought but one I agree with . Anything short of a prolonged relegation threat and Tynecastle being burned down will see him stay for the rest of the season. 

Gambo
37 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Agreed but that does not look likely.

Gambo
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

But they don’t.

So begs the question , why do they keep him in a job?

Enzo Chiefo
12 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Enzo, your hatred of Levein is becoming extremely weird. If you want proof of Craig Levein's bona fides, look at the original 590 club.

Nothing weird about it Geoff. I'm just pointing out that my definition of a Hearts fan is someone who has paid  to get into the ground over many years, regardless of whether they make "positive" comments about the regime that happens to be passing through the club at any given point.  Had we all been "positive" about the regime back in 2004 then the club would , in all likelihood, have ceased to exist. Mackay played an instrumental part in the SOH campaign back then and, quite rightly, trampled over Craig Levein's views in the process.  

Geoff Kilpatrick
58 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Nothing weird about it Geoff. I'm just pointing out that my definition of a Hearts fan is someone who has paid  to get into the ground over many years, regardless of whether they make "positive" comments about the regime that happens to be passing through the club at any given point.  Had we all been "positive" about the regime back in 2004 then the club would , in all likelihood, have ceased to exist. Mackay played an instrumental part in the SOH campaign back then and, quite rightly, trampled over Craig Levein's views in the process.  

Gary Mackay's contributions back then were singing the Hearts song and rattling tins. Craig Levein had a job to do and did it extremely well.

Vlad saved us. Simple as that.

Enzo Chiefo
11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Gary Mackay's contributions back then were singing the Hearts song and rattling tins. Craig Levein had a job to do and did it extremely well.

Vlad saved us. Simple as that.

Wrong Geoff. The SOH campaign saved Tynecastle after the contract had already been signed with Cala. George Foulkes along with SOH was instrumental in buying us time. "Rattling a few tins" is, whether through lack of awareness or not, pretty disrespectful  to those, including Mackay, who gave up a hell of a lot of time to saving the ground. I can't remember, far less care, what Levein and his players did that season. The best victory of the campaign took place amid chaotic scenes in the Gorgie Suite at the EGM.

Smithee
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Wrong Geoff. The SOH campaign saved Tynecastle after the contract had already been signed with Cala. George Foulkes along with SOH was instrumental in buying us time. "Rattling a few tins" is, whether through lack of awareness or not, pretty disrespectful  to those, including Mackay, who gave up a hell of a lot of time to saving the ground. I can't remember, far less care, what Levein and his players did that season. The best victory of the campaign took place amid chaotic scenes in the Gorgie Suite at the EGM.

Vlad paid the exit fee in the Cala contract didn't he?

CJGJ
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Supporting a crook as long as it suits you seems to be the way of the world

That man took us further down the road to oblivion than Robinson managed and some still want to kiss his backside

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He sure did. I referred to the EGM but iirc now I think it was an AGM where all Robinson's reasons for moving were demolished in turn, helped by Jim Clydesdale and others. I think the EGM was after Vlad took over. Absolutely, Vlad saved us financially but buying us time and getting us to a point where the escape clause could be exercised was all down to the hard work of SOH, George Foulkes and various others.

wavydavy
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

So begs the question , why do they keep him in a job?

Exactly.

Hearts1975
25 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

That man took us further down the road to oblivion than Robinson managed and some still want to kiss his backside

As much as it was worrying at times we still won 2 cups, got 2nd in the league, got champions league football and probably watched better calibre players that we probably will never see again grace the turf. 

He also kept us at Tynecastle: or at least was a major influence, and last but not least, we came out of administration debt free.

Folk seem to forget, if he hadn’t came along we might be currently ploughing along with 30 million worth of debt regardless of how close we came to standing on the precipice 

you can call him all the crooks of the world  that you want and can argue that, that was never his overall intention for the football club but fact remains if he didn’t come along we would probably be a lot worse off now than we would have been if he wasn’t around and didn’t purchase the club 

you keep calling him a crook if that makes you feel better and I’ll just be thankful that he came along in the first place 👍

Smithee
2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Em ok.

Jkb really doesn't like innocuous questions does it?

Smithee
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He sure did. I referred to the EGM but iirc now I think it was an AGM where all Robinson's reasons for moving were demolished in turn, helped by Jim Clydesdale and others. I think the EGM was after Vlad took over. Absolutely, Vlad saved us financially but buying us time and getting us to a point where the escape clause could be exercised was all down to the hard work of SOH, George Foulkes and various others.

I'm with you