Ann Budge’s review of the football department

afanderson33

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

The points tally of all teams since the end of October last year suggests that we will be relegated - the league doesn’t lie. Unlike our manager and owner. 

Yeah but we just might win a game after the split

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• mitch41

• wavydavy

• 1874robbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We shou

the teams we put out should be capable of beating Ross County, Hamilton and Motherwell at home.. regardless of injuries - id hazard a guess that our playing staff on those days  would have been worth 2/3 times the value of the opposition.

also, the thing with young player- they have all regressed massively with the exception of Hickey.. but he hasn’t been leveined just yet

Just as Man City should beat Norwich - Pep out. 

Mid Calder Jambo
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

She owns the club. Why would she give authority over it to FoH until they come up with purchase price ? 

I am not suggesting she gives authority over to FOH I am suggesting that if an outside party nade a "stupid" offer she would have to give that due consideration.  She owes that to the shareholders.

3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

He wants an ex-wrestler to run Hearts. 

My point is, there is not a single person on our board that is qualified to question Levein over footballing matters, and the fact that he's on the board makes it even worse!

He's already blagged his way to a year over his sell by date. 

Edited by Sagan

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Sorry a one off result versus the worst run in our history are not a comparison

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That is what the statement says. I wonder if half the people on here actually read the whole thing.

Of course they didn’t. The majority were only looking for a few words. ‘Craig Levein has stepped down as first team manager’  The faux fuss over the wording etc is just because those few words were omitted. 

4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

As I’ve said on numerous occasions over the days, I back the team but want him removed.

everybody wants him removed, and he will be barring a miracle recovery, but it's how, when and replaced by whom is the question that AB is now considering.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

everybody wants him removed, and he will be barring a miracle recovery, but it's how, when and replaced by whom is the question that AB is now considering.

I sincerely hope so.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Aye cos that’s what he means. Feeling better about things already  if hibs beat us on Saturday it’ll be like Man U beating Man City. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

You just lost your argument right there.

1 minute ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I am not suggesting she gives authority over to FOH I am suggesting that if an outside party nade a "stupid" offer she would have to give that due consideration.  She owes that to the shareholders.

FoH has made her an offer and she has accepted it. They are currently raising the money to complete the purchase. Not even sure she could accept another offer unless FoH defaulted on payments. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Sorry a one off result versus the worst run in our history are not a comparison

A "run" with a manufactured start date to suit agendas. What's our run of form over a calendar year (probably still terrible) or since the start of last season? In previous bad runs what were the injuries we had that contributed to it or were we just shite with a whole first team fit?

How is it even possible to have a run of form with a massive gap and squad turnover in summer in between? So weird.

35 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Some of the chat here is quite unbelievable. If it was on hibs board I'd be laughing.

Chairman comes out with an unvarnished, this is how it is, statement. Addresses things that have been speculated on, and ends it with, if things don't improve we will have to make changes.

I liked the tone of it. It was combantative and shows she cares.

All this disrespectful, no respect for fans etc... chat is a poor show.

She has a plan. She has cleared up rumors and speculation, she has held her hand up saying mistakes have been made, has blown some of the ridiculous stuff talked on this board about Levein out of the water, and she will stick to the plan for now, but has warned changes will happen of results don't improve.

Wow. Someone with long term vision.

Yes, Levein must be moved or move himself upstairs. If results improve, that allows for long term planning and a proper manager search. 

If they don't, we are forced into a quick, and most probably, high risk financial/performance wise decision.

Tough times, and a crap start to the season. But we need to pull together now and be the 12th man. The team needs the fans to help get them out of a time of low confodence. 

Ann has heard what we think of Craig. Time to show why we are the best fans in the country and help the team horse hibs.

A sensible assessment 

get your tin hat on mate

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Sagan said:

My point is, there is not a single person on our board that is qualified to question Levein over footballing matters, and the fact that he's on the board makes it even worse!

He's already blagged his way to a year over his sell by date. 

Using your logic, not a single person on here is qualified to comment either.

Livingston 5 Hearts 0 = don't bang the door on your way out.  That was a long time ago now and by no means a one-off.

Never again should the first team coach be on the board.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Using your logic, not a single person on here is qualified to comment either.

We're not on the board ffs and i would suspect that a lot of us know a hell of a lot more about football than our board members. 

Edited by Sagan

Captain Canada

A good business analogy would be Levein is head of sales. He has a team that continually falls short of the targets set, not just in one quarter but over a period of years. Despite a significant turnover of staff, the figures remain poor. 

Would he still be in a job in the business world if this was the case? No chance. 

Budge and Levein seem to think they're above fan opinion. The longer this goes on, the more her legacy will be tarnished, rightly or wrongly. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye cos that’s what he means. Feeling better about things already  if hibs beat us on Saturday it’ll be like Man U beating Man City. 

But they won’t beat us on Sunday so I don’t care about the Saturday game. Where is it by the way? 

MarkDevriesScores4

She references injuries as being a reason for our  poor performances over the last 3 seasons but does not mention what is being done about it. It’s not bad luck to have the amount of mid to long term injuries we have had over the last 3 years. This season we’re averaging 1.3 injuries per match which is pretty much unheard of. In my opinion, the team never looks fit. Never. There is something wrong if you have unfit players and have picked up 8 injuries when you’re 5 games into the season. I genuinely believe this needs addressed as there’s clearly something wrong with either training, fitness, dieticians or conditioning. This is my opinion and a major concern but happy to discuss if you think I’m wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

You just lost your argument right there.

Flippant throwaway comment that I regretted as soon as I pushed ‘submit reply’. It happens. 

Mid Calder Jambo

FoH has made her an offer and she has accepted it. They are currently raising the money to complete the purchase. Not even sure she could accept another offer unless FoH defaulted on payments. 

I hear what you say but any offer can unpicked and compensation paid if it came to that.  i don't want it coming to come to that.  At the moment though what I see is as a lame duck CEO running a respected institution into the ground purely because she can't admit she has made a mistake.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Doesn't stop everyone thinking they're an expert though.

Me playing fifa makes me more experienced than Ann budge ffs 😂

51 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No, quite clearly says if there is no improvement soon they will have to revise plans and take action 

It was not nearly as forthright as you suggest. It declares confidence in "the plan", wholeheartedly. The plan which currently has us bottom of the league and underperforming for 12 months.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I see where you are coming from but just disagree in approach. After decades of chaos on and off the pitch with Mercer, Robinson, Romanov, Admin etc I thought Budge/FoH had the opportunity to rebuild the club from ground up so that we wouldn’t have the boom or bust financial background hanging over the playing side ever again. I think they have done a great job so far on that part and their strategy of investing as we go, where it’s needed, has been laudable. Rather than build a stand we could have blown a lot of money on players a la SMG but they didn’t. They put infrastructure in place that should ensure a solid financial base for the club for years/decades to come. I’m ok with accepting some dodgy periods on the pitch as we move through that rebuild and that’s what’s  happened. Last 11 months have been tough, dreadful whatever on the playing side. Season before that had the upheaval of Murrayfield etc but there were signs of progress. There’s no doubt injuries scuppered last season. Indeed some  of the key injuries from last autumn have still to return to full fitness eg Naismith, Berra, Haring to name three. Did well to get to cup final with a favourable draw. Very poor start to this season but all nine signings this summer were signings that I genuinely believed would improve us. Already injuries mean that the main attacking players we signed, Naismith, Washington and Walker won’t play together until January. That has to be seen as a major blow and has to impact results and performances. Add in Souter, Smith, Perreira injuries and it’s tough to judge whether Levein got it right in the summer or not. Certainly not many clubs in SPFL would perform at expected levels with the scale of injuries we are currently experiencing. I can understand why she is hesitant about making changes so soon into the season. 

So that’s my thinking but if results don’t improve soon she will make changes and that’s what she said today. We can all argue about timing of when to make changes but the clock is clearly ticking and I don’t doubt she will take action if it becomes necessary. 

I wished I shared your confidence in her I really do.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A "run" with a manufactured start date to suit agendas. What's our run of form over a calendar year (probably still terrible) or since the start of last season? In previous bad runs what were the injuries we had that contributed to it or were we just shite with a whole first team fit?

How is it even possible to have a run of form with a massive gap and squad turnover in summer in between? So weird.

So over a calendar year wouldn't have a gap in it or a squad turnover then!!:rofl:

Surely a calendar year is a manufactured run?

Great argument!

Just now, soonbe110 said:

But they won’t beat us on Sunday so I don’t care about the Saturday game. Where is it by the way? 

Ok Sunday. My inaccurate post doesn’t make your one any better. Two pish posts but both in s different way. 😀

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, merrymac said:

So over a calendar year wouldn't have a gap in it or a squad turnover then!!:rofl:

Surely a calendar year is a manufactured run?

Great argument!

I agree. I just threw it out there as an example of another timescale. It's a new season for me.

17 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I hope that you appreciate that i am playing Devils Advocate here but we are a business and if the price was right and the suitor wanted to but then there are ways in which it would happen.  Going by what AB has said recently the FOH hold no authosity over the board or club.  Contempt, that is what we are all being reated with just now.

There are a few things that cannot happen with a majority vote of FoH members which includes selling the club. FoH have no real control of day to day running, though. 

Just now, Sagan said:

Me playing fifa makes me more experienced than Ann budge ffs 😂

You can be an owner and not even like football if you are clever enough to employ the right people, unfortunately Budge clearly hasn't been clever enough to do that hence us sitting bottom of the league without a league win since march.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I agree. I just threw it out there as an example of another timescale. It's a new season for me.

And your happy with the start?, we have the squad to cope with injuries apparently so no excuses there.

Bottom of the league is ok with you?

Francis Albert

That isn't the long awaited review of the "football department" surely. A lot of defensive waffle and an attack on the media worthy of Jim Traynor.

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

That isn't the long awaited review of the "football department" surely. A lot of defensive waffle and an attack on the media worthy of Jim Traynor.

Papering over the cracks of negligence.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Hearts lost 5-0 to Celtic weeks earlier, but apart from old firm games, Hearts rarely lost by more than 1 goal last season. 

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Hearts lost 5-0 to Celtic weeks earlier, but apart from old firm games, Hearts rarely lost by more than 1 goal last season. 

And much more rarely won by even one goal.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Bang on.

2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Hearts lost 5-0 to Celtic weeks earlier, but apart from old firm games, Hearts rarely lost by more than 1 goal last season

Are things that bad that you cite that as a positive?

1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

Hearts fans bleating on Twitter about ‘not my club anymore’, ‘worst I’ve ever felt’ etc.

****ing hell - get some perspective.

We’ve had a shite start to the season - it will improve - if it doesn’t Levein’s gone. Win-win for all. 

You are as bad as Budge.

Do you not realise that we are the worst team in the league which goes back to last October having only gained 28 points in that period.

It's not just about the start to this season it's back nearly a year not to mention all the money the club have wasted on crap signings.

It would be almost impossible to not improve on our results and performances. Levein should be out the door now.

12 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

That's my reading of it as well. However I think she has totally exposed herself if/when he does fail to turn the tide. The next couple of games are even more massive for her than before. 

I did say she shouldn't issue a statement. 😄

Two big disappointments.  

Firstly giving Levein the football department to do with as he wished.  To give someone like him carte blanche baked in the current mess.

Second Ann Budge's decision to be front of house.  She could have adopted the role of temporary custodian and installed professional management.  She wanted to be box office - on football Boards, designing the main stand, name on plaques etc.

The second meant that when the useless Levein blew it the attention turns to Budge.  And by the looks of it she doesn't like being criticised.

5 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

We make losing by one goal look so easy. Maybe we should start a course over the summer on how to narrowly lose games of football. Could be a moneyspinner 

who knows, in a few years we could start losing by one goal to the old firm as well

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Hearts lost 5-0 to Celtic weeks earlier, but apart from old firm games, Hearts rarely lost by more than 1 goal last season

What a magnificent achievement.

1 hour ago, annushorribilis III said:

Basically she's bought the "injuries" excuse so last season is a write off. 

This season? More injuries - and we STILL haven't fielded our best team yet. The fact we've played the weakest teams in the league AND a whole LC campaign against lower division teams, all pretty much abysmally, seems to be of little concern. In the meantime , injuries have got worse , player confidence has plummeted and the next few league games will be much tougher than RossCo/Hamilton/M'well.  

You are right she has bought into his excuses. Is that because she really knows **** all about football or because she can't bring herself to sack him.

I'm not sure Levein knows what his best team is and if he did without the drive and instructions from Naismith they are still clueless.

Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

REVIEW OF FOOTBALL DEPARTMENT-HMFC

- head down and carry on regardless 

the end

add - say the word "plan" a lot, that will confuse them