Hearts 2 - Cambridge Utd 3

ADAM

Governor Tarkin
57 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Good times. They weren’t even going home in coffins... they were all going home in “a coffin”. One massive great coffin filled with Croatians.

A certain Mythomaniac Norfolk-based chap was at that game. 👍

GtM would've loved that.

He hates the Croats.

Probably stems from his time as a tennis coach/guerrilla mercenary in the Balkans.

You never quite know with him.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• JamboAl

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Barack said:

Easier to shout that in a pub.

Polish name?, then? 

4 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Sweep stuck them all up his bottom.

Ahhh....that explains the look on his face... 

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Winning is all that I care about when it comes to Hearts.

I thought we had to play expansive, attractive football entertaining the fans?

Like most people I only really care about competitive games. Training matches behind closed doors aren't our priority.

6 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

GtM would've loved that.

He hates the Croats.

Probably stems from his time as a tennis coach/guerrilla mercenary in the Balkans.

You never quite know with him.

Where is he these days?

14/15 season we got beat of Hamilton and Dundee in pre season,. That done us no harm at all did it. 

Folk just love a moan on this like. 

I'm more worried about the total idiots we have in our support, and on this message board, than I am about this result

12 hours ago, mitch41 said:

We struggled to beat Cambridge United at Tynecastle. Friendly or not every game should count with Hearts. I want to see that attitude right through the club. All that stuff which is written on the walls of our new stand should be lived up to.

I didn’t see anyone smoking?

The Real Maroonblood
18 hours ago, frankblack said:

If that was anything like a first team side out there it is extremely worrying for the coming season.

We are clearly 3 or 4 players short of being competitive in the SPL, and the lack of urgency in doing something about it concerns me.

:rofl::rofl:

You’v got a lot on your mind these days:laugh:

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Didn't see any pickpockets either tbf.

then again, you wouldn't, I s'ppose🤔

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I thought we had to play expansive, attractive football entertaining the fans?

Like most people I only really care about competitive games. Training matches behind closed doors aren't our priority.

You really have to take my replies in the context of the reply.

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

It was steam coming out of Levein’s head lol.

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, jambo_No5 said:

I'm more worried about the total idiots we have in our support, and on this message board, than I am about this result

This is a very good post.

^^^^^^^^^ Great post

Definitely!

Alex Kintner

And they seem to be multiplying 😳

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

And they seem to be multiplying 😳

Maybe someone has told them to go and **** themselves 😁

26 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

27 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:clap: 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

You really have to take my replies in the context of the reply.

You mean as well as open, free flowing football we need to win  every game including bounce games behind closed doors or certain people at the club will be under real pressure? 

Over to you Craig..

:vangry:

I think it's crazy that people can get upset over friendlies.  Then I come on here and see folk losing their shit over closed doors games :vrface:

What's next?  Hear that Hearts had a 5 a side kick about at training and get upset that one side lost?

Be it  challenge matches, friendlies, closed door trials or jumpers for goals, there tends to be a winner and a loser.  Levein appears to possess the luck of a permanent loser.  I hope by the time the league starts that Levein has worked out his strategy and strongest XI for the season ahead.

Anyway, it looks like the Killie bubble has burst.

To play devils advocate here, I'm not sure anyone would be having a fit about losing to Cambridge if it was just taken in isolation.

But when you add it into a fairly horrendous 2019 so far and a perception we are still a little off in terms of recruitment, a reaction, whilst I agree is premature, is probably understandable.

10 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

To play devils advocate here, I'm not sure anyone would be having a fit about losing to Cambridge if it was just taken in isolation.

But when you add it into a fairly horrendous 2019 so far and a perception we are still a little off in terms of recruitment, a reaction, whilst I agree is premature, is probably understandable.

We've played two competitive games . Won one and drawn one . That's the salient point .

The objective is to qualify for the knock out stages of the league cup as a seed  before the league starts . Every other result is irrelevant. 

Edited by ramrod

Why is it that we always seem to think it is only a friendly for us and the other team will be full strength and we will have our U20s?

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Why is it that we always seem to think it is only a friendly for us and the other team will be full strength and we will have our U20s?

Who said the other team was full strength? 

I heard a few Hearts players had a game of golf with the Cambridge lads and lost. Its just not good enough mad Levein out take Budge with you.

Bridge of Djoum

I’ve switched to Hibs on the back of this result. 

At at least they play silky, South American style fitba, have some of the best players on the planet, and something about floodlights, too. Oh, and they just might fill in their corners. 

Truly sickened  by this unacceptable performance, it broke Malcolm’s back. Malcolm is my camel. He is quite poorly now. 

39 minutes ago, ramrod said:

We've played two competitive games . Won one and drawn one . That's the salient point .

The objective is to qualify for the knock out stages of the league cup as a seed  before the league starts . Every other result is irrelevant. 

I agree up to a point.

I can see why any and all results, meaninglessly friendlies included, are getting people's backs up. Think we've won less than 10 games in 2019 in all competitions and each loss will frustrate fans even more. Whether that's Liverpool u23's, Cambridge or Arbroath. 

I agree that friendly results are no real indication of how a season is going to go. But we've already dropped points against a Championship side and couple this with losing to lower league sides from both sides of the border it's not exactly pleasing.

This doesn't automatically mean we're going to have a failure of a season, it's just not fun to see Hearts scores coming in and for us to be losing much more than we win. 

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Where is he these days?

On an enforced Kickback sabbatical sine die since the evening of the cup final.

His free flowing, attacking language in relation to the religious and political affiliations of the great unwashed finally done for him.

God rest his soul.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

On an enforced Kickback sabbatical sine die since the evening of the cup final.

His free flowing, attacking language in relation to the religious and political affiliations of the great unwashed finally done for him.

God rest his soul.

:rofl:

He was playing the Ryan Edwards role?

1 hour ago, E6 Inc said:

I agree up to a point.

I can see why any and all results, meaninglessly friendlies included, are getting people's backs up. Think we've won less than 10 games in 2019 in all competitions and each loss will frustrate fans even more. Whether that's Liverpool u23's, Cambridge or Arbroath. 

I agree that friendly results are no real indication of how a season is going to go. But we've already dropped points against a Championship side and couple this with losing to lower league sides from both sides of the border it's not exactly pleasing.

This doesn't automatically mean we're going to have a failure of a season, it's just not fun to see Hearts scores coming in and for us to be losing much more than we win. 

My take on what should be happening with a number of the friendlies is that we should be looking to play what CL thinks will be his best starting lineup excluding Naismith of course.

The other games can or should in my humble opinion be used to give the other squad players game time to help their fitness.

At this time of year there are loads of teams out there wanting ames for the same reasons so I really don't see the need to be switching players all the time.

I would hope that by now CL will know what his best available team is excluding injuries and he should be playing them now to help the new players get to know each other.

The fact that every game has a new line-up is a lot to do with the results we are getting not that those are that important pre-season but every win boost the players confidence.

27 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

My take on what should be happening with a number of the friendlies is that we should be looking to play what CL thinks will be his best starting lineup excluding Naismith of course.

The other games can or should in my humble opinion be used to give the other squad players game time to help their fitness.

What other games? We've only got a handful of friendlies. 

34 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

At this time of year there are loads of teams out there wanting ames for the same reasons so I really don't see the need to be switching players all the time.

I would hope that by now CL will know what his best available team is excluding injuries and he should be playing them now to help the new players get to know each other.

The fact that every game has a new line-up is a lot to do with the results we are getting not that those are that important pre-season but every win boost the players confidence.

The results in the games that matter this season are good, and the performances are getting better. Taking our eye off the ball and placing importance on results in TRAINING GAMES will do absolutely nothing for us. The results of training games don’t matter. They absolutely do not matter one single iota, nada, not a sausage. We are using them to get our players game time, whilst getting results in the meaningful games. We are doing exactly what we should be.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The results in the games that matter this season are good, and the performances are getting better. Taking our eye off the ball and placing importance on results in TRAINING GAMES will do absolutely nothing for us. The results of training games don’t matter. They absolutely do not matter one single iota, nada, not a sausage. We are using them to get our players game time, whilst getting results in the meaningful games. We are doing exactly what we should be.

100%. Apart from not being as sharp as we should be in front of goal, the two real games have produced faster paced and more fluent football. All going along nicely here, nout to worry about........ Yet. 

davemclaren
Just now, TypoonJambo said:

100%. Apart from not being as sharp as we should be in front of goal, the two real games have produced faster paced and more fluent football. All going along nicely here, nout to worry about........ Yet. 

We have two relatively easy games coming up where we will hopefully shake off any cobwebs. However, as other spl teams are priving, it can all go wrong at this stage of the season. 

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

With the greatest of respect, Davy, I am not clear on what you think should be happening.

You start off by talking about friendlies and suggest CL should play his strongest team and use other games (the League Cup?)  to give other squad players game time. Should it not be the other way round?  Finally you say repeated changes are the reason for bad results.  How are you going to give squad players game time if you don't change the team?

So far we  have signed 3 players and Walker would not need much introduction to get to know the rest of the squad while Washington has played in a few of the games.  That only leaves Halkett who is well versed in what this League demands.

Maybe I've misunderstood you but there appears to be contradictions in your wish list - sorry, your wishes.

13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

With the greatest of respect, Davy, I am not clear on what you think should be happening.

You start off by talking about friendlies and suggest CL should play his strongest team and use other games (the League Cup?)  to give other squad players game time. Should it not be the other way round?  Finally you say repeated changes are the reason for bad results.  How are you going to give squad players game time if you don't change the team?

So far we  have signed 3 players and Walker would not need much introduction to get to know the rest of the squad while Washington has played in a few of the games.  That only leaves Halkett who is well versed in what this League demands.

Maybe I've misunderstood you but there appears to be contradictions in your wish list - sorry, your wishes.

I perhaps didn't make myself clear. I wasn't meaning to use the league cup games as a means to give squad players game time but other friendlies.

I am not aware of making any comment about changes being responsible for bad results, I said making changes is a lot to do with the results we are getting. I never said they were bad.

My first sentence I thought was fairly self explanatory in that I think he should be trying to play what he thinks is his best team.

I don't know what is team is likely to be against Aberdeen but I would like to think that he does and in my opinion he should be trying to play that team together as often as possible to get them to know each other as well as possible.

Remember Al I don't do lists. But then you knew that.:naughty:

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I perhaps didn't make myself clear. I wasn't meaning to use the league cup games as a means to give squad players game time but other friendlies.

I am not aware of making any comment about changes being responsible for bad results, I said making changes is a lot to do with the results we are getting. I never said they were bad.

My first sentence I thought was fairly self explanatory in that I think he should be trying to play what he thinks is his best team.

I don't know what is team is likely to be against Aberdeen but I would like to think that he does and in my opinion he should be trying to play that team together as often as possible to get them to know each other as well as possible.

Remember Al I don't do lists. But then you knew that.:naughty:

Sorry Davy, still confused.  If he should be trying to play his best team how will he manage to give youth and fringe players game time?

I doubt if he knows what his best team will be for Aberdeen because that will to some extent depend on the one (or more?) signing(s) for MF.  I'm not sure McInnes will not know his either after just scraping through in Europe.

Re a list, I just caught myself in time!,

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Sorry Davy, still confused.  If he should be trying to play his best team how will he manage to give youth and fringe players game time?

I doubt if he knows what his best team will be for Aberdeen because that will to some extent depend on the one (or more?) signing(s) for MF.  I'm not sure McInnes will not know his either after just scraping through in Europe.

Re a list, I just caught myself in time!,

We have a number of friendlies where he has basically played mainly younger players most of whom will not be in his first team squad.

I am suggeting that these are the games that he should be using for those fringe players who need games and his possible starting team should be playing together as often as possible.

So as an example if his best team is 

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Halkett

Hickey

Walker

Clare

Irving

Mulraney

Uche 

Washington

With Cochrane, Mcdonald, Zanatta, Berra, Dikamona Doyle and Keena on the bench  then that is the team he should be playing as often as possible.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

We have a number of friendlies where he has basically played mainly younger players most of whom will not be in his first team squad.

I am suggeting that these are the games that he should be using for those fringe players who need games and his possible starting team should be playing together as often as possible.

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Halkett

Hickey

Walker

Clare

Irving

Mulraney

Uche 

Washington

With Cochrane, Mcdonald, Zanatta, Berra, Dikamona Doyle and Keena on the bench  then that is the team he should be playing as often as possible.

That's quite a list you made there   lol

There needs to be a poll on here for who has actually played football at a level higher than the BB’s!

These are training games with make shift teams, players use them as a fitness exercise and with their fitness still less than 100% don’t over extent to avoid injury. 

The management use them to try out different formations, try new on pitch partnerships and to get players fit using a match situation as opposed to training, which cant generally replicate the stop start nature of an actual game. 

Anyone reading into this as an indication of the season ahead needs to take a step back.

While we all think there are gaps in the squad that need filled these games are invaluable to find out if there’s a chance another player can cover those gaps until the suitable signing is made.

Edited by Rudy T

Alex Kintner
54 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Halkett

Hickey

Walker

Clare

Irving

Mulraney

Uche 

Washington

tenor.gif?itemid=3552682

So the message is it doesn’t really matter if we draw against a Championship team in a cup game at home and lose a friendly against a low ranked English team as it’s all part of a master plan of CL.