• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• JamboAl

weegie jambo

no mention of any Hearts players in the report, reckon this must have been a reserve/U20 side. Anyone ITK?

1 minute ago, weegie jambo said:

no mention of any Hearts players in the report, reckon this must have been a reserve/U20 side. Anyone ITK?

Sure Mulraney scored one of the goals. 

If that was anything like a first team side out there it is extremely worrying for the coming season.

We are clearly 3 or 4 players short of being competitive in the SPL, and the lack of urgency in doing something about it concerns me.

Edited by frankblack

weegie jambo

going by the picture on their website, it looks like the no10 is Walker with the captains armband. Don't recognise the other two lads in the pic, my guess is a U20 team.

2 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

That is Walker number 10 and I think possibly Cochrane in front of him. Not sure about number 11.

Large

Not Cochrane although I think he was playing, no11 not mulraney?

2 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

That is Walker number 10 and I think possibly Cochrane in front of him. Not sure about number 11.

Large

11 is Mulraney. Walker, Cammy Smith and Colin Doyle played so did Jamie Brandon according to some of the photos on the Cambridge site. 

queensferryjambo
Just now, Gav M said:

Not Cochrane although I think he was playing, no11 not mulraney?

No 11 does look like Mulraney now you mention it. 

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If that was anything like a first team side out there it is extremely worrying for the coming season.

We are clearly 3 or 4 players short of being competitive in the SPL, and the lack of urgency in doing something about it concerns me.

Yes of course we are !!......god some people don't half post like drama queens and going by that post you are among them

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its a closed door friendly and thats how you respond? Even if it was the first team i wouldn’t be worrying about the scoreline. Do you think players go out and go 💯 in these games? Its essentially slightly above a kickabout. 

Just now, CJGJ said:

Yes of course we are !!......god some people don't half post like drama queens and going by that post you are among them

Must be a full moon nae sure iv ever agreed with ya before CJ but a drama queen about a kickabout is spot on

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Its a closed door friendly and thats how you respond? Even if it was the first team i wouldn’t be worrying about the scoreline. Do you think players go out and go 💯 in these games? Its essentially slightly above a kickabout. 

Its not just this game I'm talking about.  The two competitive games were very unconvincing.

Our squad is definitely not looking stronger than last year to get a top 5 place, and our midfield and forward lines look weak.  It can be rectified if we get our finger out and sign some better players, and it puzzles me why we haven't done so to boost season ticket sales.

Edited by frankblack

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Must be a full moon nae sure iv ever agreed with ya before CJ but a drama queen about a kickabout is spot on

You should try it more often

If you did the world and JKB would be a better place  🤪

Winning that game or not, it wouldn't matter. We are still weak through the middle and all teams will have to do this season is play 5 across the middle and catch us on the break.

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its not just this game I'm talking about.  The two competitive games were very unconvincing.

Our squad is definitely not looking stronger than last year to get a top 5 place, and our midfield and forward lines look weak. 

I’m away to get drunk , i don’t drink but i’m away to cause I just do not know how to respond to that.....

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

If you talked sense other than that one post there I might 💁🏻‍♂️😉

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Ok - you sit there with your head in the sand.  A couple of injuries to key players and we are back where we were for most of last season and the year before.

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Our squad is definitely not looking stronger than last year to get a top 5 place, and our midfield and forward lines look weak.

I hate it when folk have usernames of folk I like but spout pish.

Sorry if you like Roy Orbison or Davy Obua.

queensferryjambo
8 minutes ago, <<1874>> said:

FA522D2B-F697-4203-BFF4-A1332BF5D21C.png

So who scored the mysterious 82nd minute goal then. Did we have a trialist playing? 

Why have Hearts chosen to not divulge the team and asked for no media reports? (sure I read that was the case on another thread last week before the game took place).

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Ok - you sit there with your head in the sand.  A couple of injuries to key players and we are back where we were for most of last season and the year before.

Jesus Frank you are normally sane , our drop off to the squad players is less than Aberdeen (tho they’ve possibly got some depth now but haven’t replaced Shinnie) and Hibs who when they lose a first team player have nothing. (Typifying Dempster’s MO at Motherwell aswell) , if we get some major injuries we have more depth than we did quality wise but yes we could still do with another sitting midfielder and possibly another composed older head in midfield. Depends how we set up. The RB position is a worry if Smith goes down otherwise we have more options and creativity than we did last year. You could see there was more dynamism in the team first half v Cowdenbeath and most of the game v Dundee Utd. We are not the OF we can’t go and have 3/4 strong players in every position

Alex Kintner
21 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:facepalm:

Just now, TheBigO said:

I hate it when folk have usernames of folk I like but spout pish.

Sorry if you like Roy Orbison or Davy Obua.

Ok - another one with their head in the sand.

I make a point and as usual its name calling and personal abuse from the likes of you who can't even argue a point.

Prove me wrong - how is our midfield and forward line better than last season?  Are we happy with our defence and keepers?

Just now, frankblack said:

I make a point and as usual its name calling and personal abuse from the likes of you who can't even argue a point.

Prove me wrong - how is our midfield and forward line better than last season?  Are we happy with our defence and keepers?

How many first team players played today? 

Two half strength teams meet in a pre-season bounce game.

Our half strength team loses.

:sob:

pass the feckin razor blades

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Nearer third strength Hearts team

WheatfieldWarrior

According to Levein, this was a game to help fringe players and those needing games, including Cochrane, Connor Smith, Keena, Petkov and Moore.

Just now, WheatfieldWarrior said:

According to Levein, this was a game to help fringe players and those needing games, including Cochrane, Connor Smith, Keena, Petkov and Moore.

Such as, not including. 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Jesus Frank you are normally sane , our drop off to the squad players is less than Aberdeen (tho they’ve possibly got some depth now but haven’t replaced Shinnie) and Hibs who when they lose a first team player have nothing. (Typifying Dempster’s MO at Motherwell aswell) , if we get some major injuries we have more depth than we did quality wise but yes we could still do with another sitting midfielder and possibly another composed older head in midfield. Depends how we set up. The RB position is a worry if Smith goes down otherwise we have more options and creativity than we did last year. You could see there was more dynamism in the team first half v Cowdenbeath and most of the game v Dundee Utd. We are not the OF we can’t go and have 3/4 strong players in every position

I'm not trying to panic but the LC is under way and the league to follow shortly, and I just don't see what we have scoring much more than last year.

Of course we aren't the OF, but have a lack of strength in midfield bar Haring who is out for a while already, and Washington and Uche don't look like they will be prolific up front.  Granted that Halkett has been signed and can be useful, but Berra worries me and seems afraid of runners which will be exposed by some teams.

Geoff Kilpatrick
16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I agree with you that the squad needs strengthening but the outcome of this game is immaterial to that requirement.

11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

How can you say this unless you know what the starting 11 was? Most probably a mixture of experience and youths in a closed doors match and you are shitting the bed.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'm not trying to panic but the LC is under way and the league to follow shortly, and I just don't see what we have scoring much more than last year.

Of course we aren't the OF, but have a lack of strength in midfield bar Haring who is out for a while already, and Washington and Uche don't look like they will be prolific up front.  Granted that Halkett has been signed and can be useful, but Berra worries me and seems afraid of runners which will be exposed by some teams.

Don't think Berra was playing today 

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I agree with you that the squad needs strengthening but the outcome of this game is immaterial to that requirement.

I agree with you there, I'm just unconvinced with us so far this season.  The league cup is one of the two competitions we can compete in, so I'd hoped we would have tried to recruit players earlier for this season.

3 minutes ago, farin said:

Captained the team today in what was just a closed doors kick about tbh. 

112BD1DE-8194-4848-969D-C539E101C5D7.thumb.jpeg.96286ec5bf3aa8a88e0e90f307bbb5d5.jpeg

A couple of arsehole kickbackers in the background on their phones raging about everything :lol:

WheatfieldWarrior
7 minutes ago, farin said:

Captained the team today in what was just a closed doors kick about tbh. 

112BD1DE-8194-4848-969D-C539E101C5D7.thumb.jpeg.96286ec5bf3aa8a88e0e90f307bbb5d5.jpeg

Walker as Captain means no Berra or Souttar.

Footballfirst

I think that most of the starting 11 have already been identified from photos.

FWIW it was Doyle Brandon White Petkov Dikamona Irving Edwards Smith Ikpeazu Walker Mulraney. 

Henderson scored Hearts 2nd.

Edited by Footballfirst

15 minutes ago, Cade said:

Now I am worried. Losing a closed doors bounce game is plenty to be concerned about. 

This thread, pure embarrassment. Only surprising thing about it is that I haven't seen the usual suspects rant about season tickets and Levein out. 

Closed door friendly in the middle of League cup action, of course it's not the first team.