Hearts 2 - Cambridge Utd 3

ADAM

Seymour M Hersh
40 minutes ago, Cade said:

Two half strength teams meet in a pre-season bounce game.

Our half strength team loses.

:sob:

pass the feckin razor blades

Correct. You should stick to only posting about football. ::troll::

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• JamboAl

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Tricks said:

If Cambridge beat us 3 2 and no one was there to see it, did it really happen?

I don't know but beating them would have been a starter for 10

Brighton Jambo
37 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'm not trying to panic but the LC is under way and the league to follow shortly, and I just don't see what we have scoring much more than last year.

Of course we aren't the OF, but have a lack of strength in midfield bar Haring who is out for a while already, and Washington and Uche don't look like they will be prolific up front.  Granted that Halkett has been signed and can be useful, but Berra worries me and seems afraid of runners which will be exposed by some teams.

This summer we will have signed Washington, an international striker, Re-sign Naismith, an international striker, Walker a goal scoring wide man/attacking midfielder, we already have Uche, who despite injury issues was just short of double figures for goals last season, as well as Keena, McLean and Wighton as back up and you want to spend more of our budget on attacking players.  This isn’t fantasy football...

34 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Walker as Captain means no Berra or Souttar.

Using the wheatfied tunnel, mad budge oot. 

17 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

This summer we will have signed Washington, an international striker, Re-sign Naismith, an international striker, Walker a goal scoring wide man/attacking midfielder, we already have Uche, who despite injury issues was just short of double figures for goals last season, as well as Keena, McLean and Wighton as back up and you want to spend more of our budget on attacking players.  This isn’t fantasy football...

Not to mention the return of Zanatta and McDonald after good loan spells and game time Morrison has had good exposure to the first team now and Mulraney and Clare both seem more settled into a big club environment! I think if we can get another defensive midfielder in to cover haring this will allow all of the above to be creative and score, exactly what we were missing last season 

Horatio Caine

I'm not too concerned about losing this match.  Now had we been playing Alloa at home and it was still 0-0 at half time with a totally inept performance, I would be concerned.

33 minutes ago, Tricks said:

If Cambridge beat us 3 2 and no one was there to see it, did it really happen?

:lol: 

I do wonder about our motivation in these kickabouts?  Season is underway and a few players out today need to catch the gaffers eye.  

As a player and looking at the personal pride in performance aspect, I’d hate losing any game. I’d hate losing goals if I was a defender, I’d hate being overrun if I was a midfielder etc etc....it’s about habit and good practice. 

You’ll never be at the level of motivation for these games as opposed to when you play full-on league/competitive matches but at this stage some players should be starting to get up to speed. 

I think alot of fans concern has carried from last season when we could hardly win or score.  Granted we’ve added some good attacking options but some are looking for a real difference in pre season about the team, a more positive demeanour and intent.  

Edited by Debut 4

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

I agree with you there, I'm just unconvinced with us so far this season.  The league cup is one of the two competitions we can compete in, so I'd hoped we would have tried to recruit players earlier for this season.

Frank !

You are correct about the LC but if we can't get past Stenhousemuir and East Fife with what we already have then I'll join you on the panic room.

We have time to chase down target players and CL has said signings will be made.

I've been encouraged by our play so far just needing to take those chances. We really could have scored about 5 or 6 in each of our LC games and against Cowden came up against an inspired goalkeeping performance.

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

If that was anything like a first team side out there it is extremely worrying for the coming season.

We are clearly 3 or 4 players short of being competitive in the SPL, and the lack of urgency in doing something about it concerns me.

How can you have such good taste in music whilst having such a fundamental lack of football knowledge?

Honest to god, is this going to be after every friendly now? When did this tend begin? People used to understand that friendlies mean f-all. 🙃

Nathan Barley was a prophet ffs! 😄

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I think that most of the starting 11 have already been identified from photos.

FWIW it was Doyle Brandon White Petkov Dikamona Irving Edwards Smith Ikpeazu Walker Mulraney. 

Henderson scored Hearts 2nd.

:jjno:

From the mystery surrounding the game and scorer, I'd hoped it was going to be Naismith who got the second.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
30 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don't think so - but good recovery anyway.

What do you think a starter for 10 is. 

Stop stalking me please and thank you. Become a nuisance 

SpruceBringsteen
14 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Honest to god, is this going to be after every friendly now? When did this tend begin? People used to understand that friendlies mean f-all. 🙃

Nathan Barley was a prophet ffs! 😄

That's the thing, it wasn't even a friendly - it was a training game. :laugh:

At this rate folk will be having tantrums next season if the old boys beat the young lads at long bangers. "WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE ACADEMY?!!!!" :rofl:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I think that most of the starting 11 have already been identified from photos.

FWIW it was Doyle Brandon White Petkov Dikamona Irving Edwards Smith Ikpeazu Walker Mulraney. 

Henderson scored Hearts 2nd.

Not exactly a strong team but an indication of how many players we have on board. 

Front 3 could certainly feature. 

Be interesting to see what the second half changes were.

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

What do you think a starter for 10 is. 

Stop stalking me please and thank you. Become a nuisance 

That’s The Young Ones for you...

5 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

That's the thing, it wasn't even a friendly - it was a training game. :laugh:

At this rate folk will be having tantrums next season if the old boys beat the young lads at long bangers. "WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE ACADEMY?!!!!" :rofl:

Good point. I mean though, seriously. You used to always get a couple of folk who got all stupid over friendlies and training games, but it was never like this before, was it? It’s like the entire support has collectively lost their minds at some point in the last five years. Utterly bonkers. 😄

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

arrgggggggggg Lhevien ooot, Bhudge ooot, mad haired jhesus ooooot, berra oooooot, naismith ooot in fact all of them ooooottttttttt

Edited by milky_26

34 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Frank !

You are correct about the LC but if we can't get past Stenhousemuir and East Fife with what we already have then I'll join you on the panic room.

We have time to chase down target players and CL has said signings will be made.

I've been encouraged by our play so far just needing to take those chances. We really could have scored about 5 or 6 in each of our LC games and against Cowden came up against an inspired goalkeeping performance.

The Dundee Utd game was key in the group - we have won that so bar a collosal **** up should win the remainder and out point Utd now.

I think we were a bit lucky not to lose against Utd in the second half, given their chances.  It would have been harsh but they created a couple of clear chances, one of which led to the red card.

The Cowdenbeath game showed our goalscoring problems.  We need a striker to put the ball in the net, but when will Naismith be fit if signed?

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Its a closed door friendly and thats how you respond? Even if it was the first team i wouldn’t be worrying about the scoreline. Do you think players go out and go 💯 in these games? Its essentially slightly above a kickabout. 

Jamie Walker even said on his Instagram “lovely day for a kickabout” 😂 can’t get my head round folk losing the plot from friendly losses

StevenNaismith

Just a kick about for fitness, got some minutes into the legs of folk who really needed it.

Mulraney scored a beauty though.

Absolute Scenes
14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The Dundee Utd game was key in the group - we have won that so bar a collosal **** up should win the remainder and out point Utd now.

I think we were a bit lucky not to lose against Utd in the second half, given their chances.  It would have been harsh but they created a couple of clear chances, one of which led to the red card.

The Cowdenbeath game showed our goalscoring problems.  We need a striker to put the ball in the net, but when will Naismith be fit if signed?

Sorry Frank that’s complete garbage

United we’re lucky not to lose by more than 3, had our players been more clinical. They had one chance in the second half that they fluffed, we 150% would not have deserved to lose that game. Players were rusty, it showed but still played positive attacking football. 

Cowdenbeath: how is it showing our goal scoring problems when we scored two goals??? We don’t have the luxury in Scottish football of having a striker who nets every goal for us, but we are blessed with a team of players who can all chip in. Try and see that rather than assuming the worst 

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Ok - another one with their head in the sand.

I make a point and as usual its name calling and personal abuse from the likes of you who can't even argue a point.

Prove me wrong - how is our midfield and forward line better than last season?  Are we happy with our defence and keepers?

Well, the three main guys up front last season were Naismith, Uche and McLean. I’m not counting Lafferty as we sold him

very early on. Those three are still there, and we have added Washington. And Keena is back from loan.

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Lucky not to lose :rofl: 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Just a kick about for fitness, got some minutes into the legs of folk who really needed it.

Mulraney scored a beauty though.

How do you know in an inquisitive way  :)

...a bit disco

Hearts were defeated 3-2 by Cambridge United in a closed-doors friendly at Tynecastle on Saturday.

The starting XI was a mixture of youngsters, fringe players and first-team stars, including captain-for-the-day Jamie Walker.

The hosts fell behind to a Paul Lewis goal in the 18th minute but were level on the half-hour mark as Jake Mulraney rifled a shot into the top corner of the net.

Liam O'Neill put the visitors back in front ten minutes after the break before a Cambridge trialist put them 3-1 up.

Hearts were able to pull one back through a substitute, believed to be youngster Euan Henderson, who converted a low cross at the back post.

Craig Levein's men played the match in order to improve fitness levels as the Jambos have the weekend off from Betfred Cup duty before welcoming Stenhousemuir to Gorgie in midweek.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-lose-closed-doors-game-to-cambridge-united-at-tynecastle-1-4968409

The comments though.

23172678_100542024054334_209859544746057

Alistair Wilson
Nothing new there then, same old same old

Where were our prolific scorers Washington, MacLean and Wighton

Levein couldn't pick his ******* nose - manager

132 goals in 34 games
Like · Reply · 22m
22729165_10154930437295887_4379296829956

Stephen Anthony Jones
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Like · Reply · 28m
10354686_10150004552801856_2203675011061

Angus Leask
Craig Levein get out

Like · Reply · 29m

:rofl:

Readership on a par with their 'journalists' it would seem.
Edited by ...a bit disco

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Hearts were defeated 3-2 by Cambridge United in a closed-doors friendly at Tynecastle on Saturday.

The starting XI was a mixture of youngsters, fringe players and first-team stars, including captain-for-the-day Jamie Walker.

The hosts fell behind to a Paul Lewis goal in the 18th minute but were level on the half-hour mark as Jake Mulraney rifled a shot into the top corner of the net.

Liam O'Neill put the visitors back in front ten minutes after the break before a Cambridge trialist put them 3-1 up.

Hearts were able to pull one back through a substitute, believed to be youngster Euan Henderson, who converted a low cross at the back post.

Craig Levein's men played the match in order to improve fitness levels as the Jambos have the weekend off from Betfred Cup duty before welcoming Stenhousemuir to Gorgie in midweek.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-lose-closed-doors-game-to-cambridge-united-at-tynecastle-1-4968409

The comments though.

23172678_100542024054334_209859544746057

Alistair Wilson
Nothing new there then, same old same old

Where were our prolific scorers Washington, MacLean and Wighton

Levein couldn't pick his ******* nose - manager

132 goals in 34 games
Like · Reply · 22m
22729165_10154930437295887_4379296829956

Stephen Anthony Jones
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Like · Reply · 28m
10354686_10150004552801856_2203675011061

Angus Leask
Craig Levein get out

Like · Reply · 29m

Readership on a par with their 'journalists' it would seem.

Jesus ****

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

If that was anything like a first team side out there it is extremely worrying for the coming season.

We are clearly 3 or 4 players short of being competitive in the SPL, and the lack of urgency in doing something about it concerns me.

It’s a friendly ffs! 

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The poster is in for a seriously miserable season if he’s getting himself that worked up already 😀

56 minutes ago, Tazio said:

You mean has, past tense. 

47 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

My mistake. You are correct.

It wasn’t this bad though, I don’t think. Friendlies and training games FFS. :rofl:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Evening News using Kickback for information. 

Believed to be Euan Henderson 

StevenNaismith
40 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

How do you know in an inquisitive way  :)

I watched the game from the comfort of the main stand.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, StevenNaismith said:

I watched the game from the comfort of the main stand.

Anything of note in the game? Or simply exercise?

3 hours ago, PB21 said:

People panicking about this game need to have a word with themselves! 

I’d have a few words like ‘how the hell did we get outplayed by Cambridge United at home’. 

There I feel better now.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Not exactly a strong team but an indication of how many players we have on board. 

Front 3 could certainly feature. 

Be interesting to see what the second half changes were.

Burns, Keena, Lawler and Henderson that I know of.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Footballfirst said:

Burns, Keena, Lawler and Henderson that I know of.

Thanks FF.  Lawler I don't recognise. 

Footballfirst
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Thanks FF.  Lawler I don't recognise. 

One of the laddies given their first full time contract a year ago, but spent virtually the whole season out injured.

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I’d have a few words like ‘how the hell did we get outplayed by Cambridge United at home’. 

There I feel better now.

What areas of the pitch do you feel we struggled in particularly while getting outplayed? Any players who you felt did ok?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

One of the laddies given their first full time contract a year ago, but spent virtually the whole season out injured.

Good for him to get out on the pitch then 

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

What areas of the pitch do you feel we struggled in particularly while getting outplayed? 

The green bit?