Hearts 2 - Cambridge Utd 3

ADAM

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I've been slaughtered on this thread when my original post was conditional on the line up.

If we can get the players in I will be happy, but the league kick off is nearly here.  I just find it strange we haven't made the signings to give our season ticket sales a boost.

At the moment we appear to be standing still.  I want to see us put out a team that can get results against anyone in the league - particularly at home - as we were poor against most of the top 5, and abysmal vs Sevco.

Halkett Washington and Walker.  Naismith and hopefully another fine midfielder and you have 5.

What I will give you,  there's nothing really to get carried away by, but I predict we will be more settled this season 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• JamboAl

gorgie rd eh11
38 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

The great Hungarian team of the 1950s between big matches would play bounce games against minor teams, they fielded their strongest team, banged in loads of goals, confidence was sky high and this was carried into the next big international, they blootered the high and mighty English side at wembley, so perhaps there is a lesson to be learned from history, are you listening Craig, nah, I'm just wasting my time and never before have I been so uninterested at the start of a new season.

:teehee:

Benny Factor
1 hour ago, Prof said:

Maybe we should be getting an official excuse book ready for next season. My entries are key players injured, pitch too wet/dry/big/small, lots of youngsters in team/ too many mature players, Naismith injured, ref bias, SFA/GFA conspiracy and team bus effed..

Why would Hibs use Naismith being injured as an excuse??????

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Prof said:

Maybe we should be getting an official excuse book ready for next season. My entries are key players injured, pitch too wet/dry/big/small, lots of youngsters in team/ too many mature players, Naismith injured, ref bias, SFA/GFA conspiracy and team bus effed..

Oh my fecking God :lol:

Absolute Scenes
49 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I've been slaughtered on this thread when my original post was conditional on the line up.

If we can get the players in I will be happy, but the league kick off is nearly here.  I just find it strange we haven't made the signings to give our season ticket sales a boost.

At the moment we appear to be standing still.  I want to see us put out a team that can get results against anyone in the league - particularly at home - as we were poor against most of the top 5, and abysmal vs Sevco.

Rightly so

some amount of garbage you and others are posting on here after a kickabout result

2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

How do you know he's stalling on signing a midfielder?  He's openly said that he wants one to cover for Haring.

How can you believe what Levein says about signing cover for Haring. He says there’s 4 players he’s looking at !  No hurry then.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Saturday night subtlety 😂😂😂 

It’s been a rough day, sadj.

:thumbsup:

Just now, Morgan said:

It’s been a rough day, sadj.

:thumbsup:

Its Sadiq now , Prof put me on his nawty list and has rebranded me.

hope you are good pal 👍🏻

Just now, sadj said:

Its Sadiq now , Prof put me on his nawty list and has rebranded me.

hope you are good pal 👍🏻

Aye, fine mate.

Love your new name :lol: 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

I'm still Barack.

There's only one of me.👍🏻

Not sure if i should take offence that sadj wasn’t acceptable or feel privileged he rebranded me and the implied implications of that name

1 minute ago, Barack said:

I'm still Barack.

There's only one of me.👍🏻

One’s enough.

That’s a compliment versus an insult btw. :thumbsup:

The Internet
59 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

The great Hungarian team of the 1950s between big matches would play bounce games against minor teams, they fielded their strongest team, banged in loads of goals, confidence was sky high and this was carried into the next big international, they blootered the high and mighty English side at wembley, so perhaps there is a lesson to be learned from history, are you listening Craig, nah, I'm just wasting my time and never before have I been so uninterested at the start of a new season.

We went away and beat shelbourne 7-0 if that helps at all. 

Imagine it was that easy, just set up friendlies against clachnacuddin u12s, leather them 45-0 and you're set for a quality season. 

Must admit I have to laugh when I read the comments from those who have been watching Hearts still at primary school. Having seen Hearts since the late 1950’s (yes I saw Willie Bauld play) those who gloss over the abject nonsense we have seen under CL have no idea of the history or culture of the club.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Prof said:

Must admit I have to laugh when I read the comments from those who have been watching Hearts still at primary school. Having seen Hearts since the late 1950’s (yes I saw Willie Bauld play) those who gloss over the abject nonsense we have seen under CL have no idea of the history or culture of the club.

The history is easy to find out but what is the club culture?

8 minutes ago, Prof said:

Laugh then.  :thumbsup:

heartstastic
8 minutes ago, Prof said:

You should go back to the 50's then. On your travels you could  stop off in the 80's and gloryhunt Aberdeen when they had there golden era as well.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Prof said:

Time waits for no man

Class of 75
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Are you a person who worries easily?

No. This is only football and that is my opinion. I was just passing on an observation. 

18 minutes ago, Prof said:

1970s?? 

Well that has been fun reading this thread. :rolleyes5:

A few "suspects" about as usual & others who have clearly lost the plot!

On a day when HMFC chances of being seeded in League Cup took a turn for the better (Pars beat, Dundee draw for 2nd game in a row, Hamilton beat Partick on pens), folks getting upset by losing a Closed Doors Kickabout.

I'm confident we will finish off LC Section with 2 commanding wins similar to last season to secure the section & be 1 of the top 4 winners this season. 

But hey ho, it's JKB at its' best these days....unfortunately!

A really good forum in the past now being inflicted by trolls & interlopers.

Alex Kintner
3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

We struggled to beat Cambridge United at Tynecastle. Friendly or not every game should count with Hearts. I want to see that attitude right through the club. All that stuff which is written on the walls of our new stand should be lived up to.

So you’re basing your comment on us being outplayed on the score rather than having actually watched the game?

Cruyff Turn
15 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

So you’re basing your comment on us being outplayed on the score rather than having actually watched the game?

:laugh:

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You want us to play our strongest eleven in closed door bounce games and smash ten past the opposition?

We couldn’t score ten against anybody at this moment. I, like you should be, want players with a 

winning mentality and an attitude that wants Hearts to be the best in Scotland. 

Edited by mitch41

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We couldn’t score ten against anybody at this moment. I, like you should be wanting, having players with a 

winning mentality and an attitude to want Hearts and them as individuals to be the best in Scotland. 

Mitch there is no way people will go 💯 in a friendly let alone a closed door kickabout. Thats essentially a slightly more intense training session. It could of been 47-47 and it wouldn’t matter a damn in the grand scheme of things. 

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We couldn’t score ten against anybody at this moment. I, like you should be wanting, having players with a 

winning mentality and an attitude to want Hearts and them as individuals to be the best in Scotland. 

We scored 7 a couple of weeks ago 👍🏻

30 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Winning is all that I care about when it comes to Hearts.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We couldn’t score ten against anybody at this moment. I like you should be wanting to see our players with a 

I don’t know how many more ways to put this. 

61E461C0-86DC-4626-A88F-1F9F950FFDB4.jpeg

2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

We scored 7 a couple of weeks ago 👍🏻

Is that more than 10 or less ?

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I don’t know how many more ways to put this. 

61E461C0-86DC-4626-A88F-1F9F950FFDB4.jpeg

Training for losing.

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You want us to play our strongest eleven in closed door bounce games and smash ten past the opposition?

Fairly confident we could have put a fair few past “the great Hungarian team of the 1950s” -  mainly ‘cos theyre all dead.

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Winning is all that I care about when it comes to Hearts.

So you were just guessing when you said we were outperformed? 🤷🏻‍♂️ That’s not very nice 😔

Just now, Big Slim Stylee said:

Fairly confident we could have put a fair few past “the great Hungarian team of the 1950s” -  mainly ‘cos theyre all dead.

Nah, we’d score a first half equaliser and then hold on for the draw.

Big Slim Stylee
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Nah, we’d score a first half equaliser and then hold on for the draw.

You’re going home in a coffin.

Big Slim Stylee
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Coffin fit?

I just remembered the Trouble in Zagreb thread 😀

Winning is a habit, losing is a habit, hopefully we don’t lose this season when we are winning!!!

I just remembered the Trouble in Zagreb thread 😀

Good times. They weren’t even going home in coffins... they were all going home in “a coffin”. One massive great coffin filled with Croatians.

A certain Mythomaniac Norfolk-based chap was at that game. 👍

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Good times. They weren’t even going home in coffins... they were all going home in “a coffin”. One massive great coffin filled with Croatians.

A certain Mythomaniac Norfolk-based chap was at that game. 👍

Is that the only Hearts game he’s ever been to?

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Sweep stuck them all up his bottom.

Damn! How about spelling it out with plasticine? 

Is that the only Hearts game he’s ever been to?

Nah, think he’s been to a handful more. Although I honestly just assume everything he says is a lie now. He’s been caught out so many times.

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Damn! How about spelling it out with plasticine? 

DB96C627-3696-47CD-BBF9-693686220101.jpeg

12 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

So you were just guessing when you said we were outperformed? 🤷🏻‍♂️ That’s not very nice 😔

I never used the word ‘Outperformed’.. I just looked over my posts I did say ‘Outplayed’ but it 

was in jest.

Big Slim Stylee
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Nah, think he’s been to a handful more. Although I honestly just assume everything he says is a lie now. He’s been caught out so many times.

Every post a strain on server capacity.

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I never used the word ‘Outperformed’.. I just looked over my posts I did say ‘Outplayed’ but it 

was in jest.

Understandable given you are a complete and utter jester. :joker:

20 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Understandable given you are a complete and utter jester. :joker:

That’s me you’ve found me out. Nigh night.