Hearts 2 - Cambridge Utd 3

ADAM

3 hours ago, farin said:

Captained the team today in what was just a closed doors kick about tbh. 

112BD1DE-8194-4848-969D-C539E101C5D7.thumb.jpeg.96286ec5bf3aa8a88e0e90f307bbb5d5.jpeg

Bloody younger generation and their technology. Young lad in the crowd is the only one paying attention :lol:

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• JamboAl

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, RS86 said:

Bloody younger generation and their technology. Young lad in the crowd is the only one paying attention :lol:

Teams coming out together for a friendly slightly surprising. 

Is Doyle catching flies?

The Internet
1 minute ago, RS86 said:

Discussion for another thread but that's a very common sight in my experience. 

Bazzas right boot

Horrific result, embarrassing tbh. 

We should just bin CL now, save the club. 

16 minutes ago, RS86 said:

I suspect that they are posting the line ups to JKB.  And when you say crowd, I suppose you're right because two's company........!!. 😉

Edited by sniffer
Addition

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Honest to god, is this going to be after every friendly now? When did this tend begin? People used to understand that friendlies mean f-all. 🙃

Nathan Barley was a prophet ffs! 😄

6853760247_d86dec8288_m.jpg

CL needs emptied after losing this 'closed door' friendly, this coupled with the reds losing to the blues in training last Thursday; enough is enough 🤔

andyscott82
26 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Horrific result, embarrassing tbh. 

We should just bin the club now, save any more devastation and woe. 

FTFY

2 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

CL needs emptied after losing this 'closed door' friendly, this coupled with the reds losing to the blues in training last Thursday; enough is enough 🤔

We always lose to the blues these days...#lehveinootnoo

Pants Shaton
4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I think that most of the starting 11 have already been identified from photos.

FWIW it was Doyle Brandon White Petkov Dikamona Irving Edwards Smith Ikpeazu Walker Mulraney. 

Henderson scored Hearts 2nd.

It is EXTREMELY worrying that a team with, at most, 3 of our first XI was narrowly defeated in a bounce game.  EXTREMELY.

I may revise down my 3rd place or higher 2019/20 prediction on the basis of this. 

7 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

It is EXTREMELY worrying that a team with, at most, 3 of our first XI was narrowly defeated in a bounce game.  EXTREMELY.

I may revise down my 3rd place or higher 2019/20 prediction on the basis of this. 

:lol: 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

How are the skins doing pre season?

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Boy with glasses looks like that federation bawbag from linlithgow.

You know all that about him but not his name? 🤔

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

The Dundee Utd game was key in the group - we have won that so bar a collosal **** up should win the remainder and out point Utd now.

I think we were a bit lucky not to lose against Utd in the second half, given their chances.  It would have been harsh but they created a couple of clear chances, one of which led to the red card.

The Cowdenbeath game showed our goalscoring problems.  We need a striker to put the ball in the net, but when will Naismith be fit if signed?

We have signed Washingron and Walker who will score goals, Naismith will score goals and Keena looks capable of scoring if he gets a run.

We ran over the top of a decent Utd side. On another day it could have been a hammering. Cowdenbeath were put to bed very quickly. I really don't get the panic. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You know all that about him but not his name? 🤔

Another guess I think 

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

What areas of the pitch do you feel we struggled in particularly while getting outplayed? Any players who you felt did ok?

We struggled to beat Cambridge United at Tynecastle. Friendly or not every game should count with Hearts. I want to see that attitude right through the club. All that stuff which is written on the walls of our new stand should be lived up to.

Class of 75
5 hours ago, frankblack said:

If that was anything like a first team side out there it is extremely worrying for the coming season.

We are clearly 3 or 4 players short of being competitive in the SPL, and the lack of urgency in doing something about it concerns me.

Frank for what it's worth I totally agree. Although this game was a friendly to get beaten by Cambridge Utd at home is worrying. Although the team was made up of a mixture of first teamers and Under 20s they should be good enough to beat the likes of Cambridge. I was at the Cowdenbeath game and was not overly impressed by Hearts. Cowdenbeath are poor and are not a great standard. For me this was exactly the same as last season and Levein doesn't appear to have the ability or drive to push us forward.  We desperately need a central midfielder and I cannot believe Levein is stalling on this. Although friendlies are non competitive they build confidence and can be a good indication of where the team or club is at. Worrying times ahead. 

Finlay James
2 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Frank for what it's worth I totally agree. Although this game was a friendly to get beaten by Cambridge Utd at home is worrying. Although the team was made up of a mixture of first teamers and Under 20s they should be good enough to beat the likes of Cambridge. I was at the Cowdenbeath game and was not overly impressed by Hearts. Cowdenbeath are poor and are not a great standard. For me this was exactly the same as last season and Levein doesn't appear to have the ability or drive to push us forward.  We desperately need a central midfielder and I cannot believe Levein is stalling on this. Although friendlies are non competitive they build confidence and can be a good indication of where the team or club is at. Worrying times ahead. 

How do you know he's stalling on signing a midfielder?  He's openly said that he wants one to cover for Haring.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Worrying times, can't agree but I would like to see movements on midfield players. 

These things do need to be kept as private as possible,  hopefully behind the scenes progress is being made. 

I think we have managed the Cowdenbeath game fairly well in terms of who got a game,  chances made. Pity we didn't convert more. 

Improvement definitely required on last year but today bears no reflection whatever on our season. 

Maybe we should be getting an official excuse book ready for next season. My entries are key players injured, pitch too wet/dry/big/small, lots of youngsters in team/ too many mature players, Naismith injured, ref bias, SFA/GFA conspiracy and team bus effed..

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We struggled to beat Cambridge United at Tynecastle. Friendly or not every game should count with Hearts. I want to see that attitude right through the club. All that stuff which is written on the walls of our new stand should be lived up to.

🤷🏼‍♂️

SpruceBringsteen

I'm away to tweet the boys that did the decorating and asking them add to add "Stop posting, Mitch" to one of the walls

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I reckon if we really wanted to win this match we might have played a stronger team...perhaps?

Going out there and not wanting to win games now! 😡

4 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I'm away to tweet the boys that did the decorating and asking them add to add "Stop posting, Mitch" to one of the walls

Superb 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

12 minutes ago, Prof said:

Maybe we should be getting an official excuse book ready for next season. My entries are key players injured, pitch too wet/dry/big/small, lots of youngsters in team/ too many mature players, Naismith injured, ref bias, SFA/GFA conspiracy and team bus effed..

Holy fffffn ****wombles!!!! Are you for real? How old are you? Any excuse to troll eh!!!!

1 minute ago, Diego10 said:

Burning my STs after this.  Oven or grill you think?

Flambé 

D236535C-7664-4635-90A7-F98BAA797024.jpeg

Everybody Loves Baz!
43 minutes ago, Prof said:

We? we?

You've become increasingly prominent spouting shite on every thread recently.

Maybe supporting Heart of Midlothian isn't for you chump.

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Eapecially that Sadiq guy. You have to watch him, temperamental Arab.

2B127728-C241-4832-917B-C4DA3FFD9843.png

6 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

We? we?

You've become increasingly prominent spouting shite on every thread recently.

Maybe supporting Heart of Midlothian isn't for you chump.

Maybe it never has been.....

The great Hungarian team of the 1950s between big matches would play bounce games against minor teams, they fielded their strongest team, banged in loads of goals, confidence was sky high and this was carried into the next big international, they blootered the high and mighty English side at wembley, so perhaps there is a lesson to be learned from history, are you listening Craig, nah, I'm just wasting my time and never before have I been so uninterested at the start of a new season.

42 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Worrying times, can't agree but I would like to see movements on midfield players. 

These things do need to be kept as private as possible,  hopefully behind the scenes progress is being made. 

I think we have managed the Cowdenbeath game fairly well in terms of who got a game,  chances made. Pity we didn't convert more. 

Improvement definitely required on last year but today bears no reflection whatever on our season. 

I've been slaughtered on this thread when my original post was conditional on the line up.

If we can get the players in I will be happy, but the league kick off is nearly here.  I just find it strange we haven't made the signings to give our season ticket sales a boost.

At the moment we appear to be standing still.  I want to see us put out a team that can get results against anyone in the league - particularly at home - as we were poor against most of the top 5, and abysmal vs Sevco.

i wish jj was my dad
54 minutes ago, Prof said:

Players affected by the stench from the vermin 

6 minutes ago, Bauldrick said:

The great Hungarian team of the 1950s between big matches would play bounce games against minor teams, they fielded their strongest team, banged in loads of goals, confidence was sky high and this was carried into the next big international, they blootered the high and mighty English side at wembley, so perhaps there is a lesson to be learned from history, are you listening Craig, nah, I'm just wasting my time and never before have I been so uninterested at the start of a new season.

You want us to play our strongest eleven in closed door bounce games and smash ten past the opposition?

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You want us to play our strongest eleven in closed door bounce games and smash ten past the opposition?

Yes we don’t need the whole squad to be up to speed and we should play the full first xi 4 days before the League Cup match...

Just now, sadj said:

Yes we don’t need the whole squad to be up to speed and we should play the full first xi 4 days before the League Cup match...

Nae pulling out of challenges either. 

Hectormasson
7 hours ago, frankblack said:

If that was anything like a first team side out there it is extremely worrying for the coming season.

We are clearly 3 or 4 players short of being competitive in the SPL, and the lack of urgency in doing something about it concerns me.

Nicely said, but will he spend and bring people in ???