• J80MBO

• Mikey1874

Jambof3tornado

On his day a very decent player.

Was never his day often enough.

Wasted out of position a bit too.

Best of luck to him.

Captain Canada

Hasn't done enough for a long time. I'm looking forward to seeing Clare in the middle and maybe a fresh face too? 

I'd still like us to sign a hard tackling brute to give the midfield more bite. ?

10 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Best of luck to him.

Yep. Not nearly consistent enough over the 3 years he spent with us. Cant blame all that on being played out of position either. If he was in the mood a very decent player. Just wasnt in the mood enough. 

Good! Been hooring himself to play down in England soon as he got here.

Thought we had a player on our hands when he first signed he was superb. Never really kicked on though. The skill he used to win a penalty against Motherwell was sublime.

Edited by Chaps

Nelly Terraces

His big move to the EPL he wanted is off for the moment then??:laugh::laugh:

Should be back for the festival. The bloke's a natural comedian.

I'm a bit torn on this one.

On one hand he is a quality player. Will likely be hard to replace.

On the other I'm happy he is gone because I think we need to try something different in midfield and if this is what forces us to sign a new midfielder then so be it.

19 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Best of luck to him.

Very much this!

Very non fussed over his departure, made his intentions known as soon as he signed. Hearts were a stepping stone to bigger and better things. 

No question he has ability, did he give value for money? Not in my opinion. I really hope Levein has someone in mind that will be honoured to play for HMFC and is capable of producing the kind of performances that will have us licking our lips on a regular basis.

Enjoy your big move Djoum you deserve it!!!

rick witter

Break out the bubbly the wage thief is gone!!!! 

A player with obvious ability who tried only when he wanted to. Usually when it was contract renewal time. 

Plenty better players out there than him. 

Good luck Arnaud. Thanks for the last three years. Will be hard to replace but I always felt he left a little bit out on the park and never quite gave us his all. We move on and I feel it’s the best decision for both parties. He was never going to stay with our offer on the table. 

Time for for us to spend a bit and get a quality CM in his place. Hopefully our midfield doesn’t become our Achilles heel th15 season 

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Best of luck to him.

I’m in full agreement with this. 

Arnaud Djoum = Derek Fergusson 

IMHO good level of skill but flattered to deceive and chickenhearted, not one you would want in a trench with you.

Money can be better spent elsewhere.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I liked him but there were quite a few games when his use of the ball was a bit laboured. I hope we find a more consistent player to replace him and Lee as well if he goes. 

I think we couldn't make up our minds whether to play Djoum as a sitting midfielder or someone to push forward and that is why his game kind of stalled after a good start where he was making great late runs into the box!

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Clear few said:

Arnaud Djoum = Derek Fergusson 

IMHO good level of skill but flattered to deceive and chickenhearted, not one you would want in a trench with you.

Money can be better spent elsewhere.

I liked Djoum but Ferguson was streaks ahead of him. He never really fulfilled all his early potential but he is still one of the finest midfielders I've seen in maroon in terms of his sheer class. 

Byyy The Light
17 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I liked him but there were quite a few games when his use of the ball was a bit laboured. I hope we find a more consistent player to replace him and Lee as well if he goes. 

I think we couldn't make up our minds whether to play Djoum as a sitting midfielder or someone to push forward and that is why his game kind of stalled after a good start where he was making great late runs into the box!

I agree. I think he suffered from a lack of a game plan and a defined role. As a result he just became a bland midfielder that was a bit of everything and also nothing.

Goes with best wishes, I don’t buy in to the lazy, wage thief rhetoric. 

He is a good player but wasn’t used properly for me 

maybe  as others say it’s best to try something else I hope we get a decent player in the middle of the park it’s what we badly need a Bruno Aguair type player 

People positively celebrating the departure of our best midfielder, Haring is a centre back. People delighted to see Lee leaves as well. One of our biggest problems last season was the midfield and two of our best have or are looking to leave. What we have left is Cochrane, a 17 year old boy who hasn’t looked anywhere near first team ready. Bozanic who is too small, too lightweight and no where near as technical a footballer as Djoum or Lee. Lastly Clare, a boy most people would’ve drove back down to England last season, also someone we signed as an attacking midfielder. We have major work to be done in the remainder of this window. Midfield now has to be the biggest priority. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

People positively celebrating the departure of our best midfielder, Haring is a centre back. People delighted to see Lee leaves as well. One of our biggest problems last season was the midfield and two of our best have or are looking to leave. What we have left is Cochrane, a 17 year old boy who hasn’t looked anywhere near first team ready. Bozanic who is too small, too lightweight and no where near as technical a footballer as Djoum or Lee. Lastly Clare, a boy most people would’ve drove back down to England last season, also someone we signed as an attacking midfielder. We have major work to be done in the remainder of this window. Midfield now has to be the biggest priority. 

Both these statements are so wrong I don't even know where to start. Your last sentence is true though.

Gimme an H...
Just now, busby1985 said:

Was*

He was signed as a centre half but once we played him at Centre Mid it was plain to see how good he was there.

He's there to win headers, win second balls, tackle and pass to the creative players. Which he does very well. 

If we can replace Djoum with someone who can boss the midfield further up we'll be laughing. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Both these statements are so wrong I don't even know where to start. Your last sentence is true though.

Haring was signed as a centre back and due to circumstance he has moved into midfield. He’s very good at it but was never signed to play there, was my point. 

Cochrane has literally done nothing to merit the clamour to get him into the side regularly. Does he have potential, 100%, would I be happy to place the success of our midfield on him for this season, 100% not. 

If our plan for this season is to have a converted defender and converted attacker as our centre pairing, then am worried. 

Tasavallan
2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Best of luck to him.

I agree with this ?

Prince Obua

Very worried about our midfield this season. No way near good enough for top 4. Bozanic and Edwards starting gives me the fear. 

Brighton Jambo
17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I agree with the original poster on Cochrane.  From what I saw last season he should be nowhere near our first 11 if we have ambitions to achieve anything.  I thought he has regressed significantly and his fitness to last 90 minutes was really concerning.

I will be delighted if he proves me wrong but he’s not as good as some on here would have you believe.

watch me get slaughtered now!!  

Given the way things panned out glad he's away, there would always be a question mark over commitment. With Lee going and home grown guys coming through plus Walker, Bozanic, Haring, Clare and Edwards, would rather add just one of better quality than two who are just okay.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I agree with the original poster on Cochrane.  From what I saw last season he should be nowhere near our first 11 if we have ambitions to achieve anything.  I thought he has regressed significantly and his fitness to last 90 minutes was really concerning.

I will be delighted if he proves me wrong but he’s not as good as some on here would have you believe.

watch me get slaughtered now!!  

He's looked great when fully fit, which he wasn't most of last season.

NaturalOrder74

We’ve been needing a fresh midfield for ages, some of his games he is undeniably a fantastic member of the team but definitely replaceable 

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Haring was signed as a centre back and due to circumstance he has moved into midfield. He’s very good at it but was never signed to play there, was my point. 

Cochrane has literally done nothing to merit the clamour to get him into the side regularly. Does he have potential, 100%, would I be happy to place the success of our midfield on him for this season, 100% not. 

If our plan for this season is to have a converted defender and converted attacker as our centre pairing, then am worried. 

How do you know Haring wasn't signed to play defensive mid and why does that matter? He's not our first excellent defensive mid who started life as a CB - Barr and Karipedis for example.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I liked Djoum but Ferguson was streaks ahead of him. He never really fulfilled all his early potential but he is still one of the finest midfielders I've seen in maroon in terms of his sheer class. 

I liked him as well for his undoubted class but in my memory he never grabbed a game by the scruff of the neck and won them with match winning performances.

I wonder if Djoum or Ferguson scored more goals for us in their time?

3 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Different if you are a footballer rather than a contractor.  Lots of money, treated like a VIP.  Staying in an expensive villa.   Then again still a sh*thole.

And different if you have a woman with you. 

Djoum started well with us, no doubt had ability. Even in the final this year little glimpses.

But never consistent enough. Was always looking for a way out. 

His legacy will be a decent player who could have achieved so much more.

44 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How do you know Haring wasn't signed to play defensive mid and why does that matter? He's not our first excellent defensive mid who started life as a CB - Barr and Karipedis for example.

It doesn’t matter now, cause he’s class. Same will be said for Clare if he turns into the next Mikey Cameron. It is a slight worry tho that we are left with Cochrane, Bozanic and Clare. Hopefully we have a plan in place. 

Randy Marsh

He was garbage the moment Neilson left.  Never turned up in derbies.  Had the heart the size of a pea.  Glad he's gone.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

It doesn’t matter now, cause he’s class. Same will be said for Clare if he turns into the next Mikey Cameron. It is a slight worry tho that we are left with Cochrane, Bozanic and Clare. Hopefully we have a plan in place. 

Without Djoum and Lee, we have Walker, Naismith (if he plays deep again), Edwards, Cochrane, Clare, Bozanic and Haring, with Irving, Smith and Burns in reserve, and Michael Smith (did well before) or Halkett (probably) capable of filling in at defensive mid for Haring if needed. An experienced playmaker or attacking midfielder (in addition to signing Walker) would be great but we do have options in midfield.

This thread is hilarious. Utter shitehawk of a player who I can't see ever being welcomed back to do the half time draw.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

All of which would point to the fact that , like most other clubs, we need a Director of Recruitment rather than the flawed system we operate at the moment.  Creativity from midfield has been a problem for several years now and is not being addressed  Djoum was never the answer but it is hard to believe that we have allowed him to dictate things rather than deliver the treatment that was dished out to Vanacek, although the full story on that one is still to come out.

Underrated and under-appreciated is my assessment of Djoum. A very good football player, great at breaking up play and technically very good. Rarely wasted a pass and great at getting out of tight situations. Career with Hearts was stop/start due to bad injuries and suffered a bit as a result of managerial change and an underperforming team. However it won’t be easy to pick up an international of similar ability to replace him.

Talk of him being lazy and a wage thief is nonsense...we have a right miserable, overly critical bunch of fans.

Edited by combo74

grumpyespana

Hopefully we will get someone in next week surely Craig has got one sorted.

2 minutes ago, combo74 said:

Talk of him being lazy and a wage thief is nonsense...we have a right miserable, overly critical bunch of fans.

He's a lazy shitehouse who only tried when he could be arsed, which wasn't often. You're allowed to criticise our players you know, in Djoums case, it's merited. 

The Comedian

He thought he was way better than he was. See where he's ended up as proof of that.

Just a bland midfielder who didn't really do much of anything.

Glad we are shot of him.

He's had 2 serious injuries whilst with us.

He looks a shadow of the player we had at first, occasional flashes but few and far between. Dissappointed we didn't see the best of him but probably for the best that he moves on. 

Tynecastle Valhalla

Good

cracking player but an under achiever and we can do better for the league