Djoum away!!!

DB-14

Dagger Is Back

A decent player on his day but not too disappointed to see him go. Hearts will be the pinnacle of his career as has been the case for many other players who have been and gone. We've known that he was going so we'll have a replacement lined up

Don't blame him for taking the Saudi coin at this stage in his career

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• J80MBO

• Mikey1874

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Olly Lee said:

Well that's done then. Djoum was OK, I do actually think he worked hard but he always had a misplaced pass in him and seemed to have a habit of giving the ball away in key moments. Maybe if he'd had a clear run with injury we would have seen the best of him, but it didn't happen and that's life.

FWIW, I don't think Mulumbu is a goer. He went to Killie because of his connection with Clarke and probably took a wage cut to help his pal out. Why would he do the same for us?

He didn’t have a club so didn’t take a wage cut when he first signed for them, he currently doesn’t have a club. I would imagine some English Championship clubs would be interested, would be a great signing for us.

Pasquale for King

Sad to see him go, especially to there. If we could get someone who not only demands the ball off the back four but actually receives it we will progress.

Jambotommy
20 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

:pleasing:

This x 1000... Team morale will be boosted ten fold... 

He's a good player, but was definitely not worth pushing the boat out for.

If Lee leaves as well, I think we definitely need to add one more body at least in that area of the team although hopefully we will see Irving, Cochrane and Smith get more regular game time this season.

24 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I see Cadden could be available on loan............

Cadden is out of contract

Disappointed to see the guy go as I thought for the most part he was better than some would have you believe. 

Although on the other hand, it paves a way for one of the youngsters or someone entirely new and fresh to come in and bring something new to the team, which given the last couple of seasons results would hopefully be for the better. 

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

Saudi Arabia is a shithole. I worked there for a while. I can't understand why anyone would want to go there. 

:wonga:

Hopefully we can get someone in midfield with a Heart to replace him.

2 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Hopefully this means we can pull the trigger on a dynamic attacking centre mid.

???. ****ing not a chance. 

Clerry Jambo
11 minutes ago, JamboPete said:

MLS side apparently going to sign him then loan out

Would happily keep him, but not too fussed he's gone. However, as far as I'm concerned if it was 1-0/2-1 Hearts on 80+ minutes and the opposing team is on the attack. Djoum would be the fella to tackle and give away the free kick that cost us the three points. 

I may be exaggerating it, but I lost count of the amount of times Djoum done that.

(Or he has actually only done it two/three times in a row that cost us games and it's unjustly stuck in my head...)

...a bit disco
20 minutes ago, JamboPete said:

About £400,000 development fee to sign in Scotland.

2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

About £400,000 development fee to sign in Scotland.

Zero development fee if he goes to US as we know from Sam Nicholson. Loaning him to a Scottish club would be a sneaky way of getting round this.

Who did we know in America?

A_A wehatethehibs

Great news although not really news, he left Hearts on May 31st - any contract offer left on the table for Djoum after that date was pointless and weak from Hearts.

I hope we made Bryson our best possible offer because if the Djoum “will he or won’t he sign” situation got in the way of that, that’s been another bit of terrible mismanagement on the football recruitment side. “we hope he might stay” was not ever a viable strategy. The announcement that Djoum has left Hearts should’ve been made over a month ago. If he intended to sign he would have signed.

Interested to to see who is coming in now to replace Djoum and Lee, that’s quite a loss of midfield bodies. Concerned we’ll be looking at another Callachan type if we can’t get anyone decent

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Zero development fee if he goes to US as we know from Sam Nicholson. Loaning him to a Scottish club would be a sneaky way of getting round this.

Who did we know in America?

I think we'd burn a lot of bridges and goodwill if we did this. I'd rather we make Motherwell a sincere offer and operate in good faith with them. 

Obviously, if Motherwell start to make things impossible then alternative avenues like the MLS loophole could be considered but it shouldn't be a path we wish to go down. Its very rangers (webster/wigan)

**** him.  The fact he's away to some shithole says everything about him.

He'll be remembered for being so good that the Hibs support sang his name more than hearts, bye bye 

26 minutes ago, Hercules said:

???. ****ing not a chance. 

Only been waiting about 12 years for the next one to turn up!

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think we'd burn a lot of bridges and goodwill if we did this. I'd rather we make Motherwell a sincere offer and operate in good faith with them. 

Obviously, if Motherwell start to make things impossible then alternative avenues like the MLS loophole could be considered but it shouldn't be a path we wish to go down. Its very rangers (webster/wigan)

I’m pretty sure we already have made a sincere offer for Cadden a while back, Motherwell rejected it. £150k or something, similar to Souttars fee 

buzzbomb1958
31 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Hopefully we can get someone in midfield with a Heart to replace him.

That won't be hard he had the heart of a mouse , overrated at best

He’s a good player, but I think he is far from irreplaceable. He has always blown hot and cold for us - sometimes excellent, other times a waste of a shirt. I do hope CL has his eye on another attacking midfielder to take his place though.

7 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Only been waiting about 12 years for the next one to turn up!

Exactly. Don’t hold your breath mate. They’re out there but we won’t go for them. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, OTT said:

It’s not a case of making a good offer, we have to pay £400k and surely we would’ve done so already if we were going to.

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Probs for the same reason you did. Daft money. Hardly progressing his career really is it?

On his day he was a quality player but I'll be happy enough with a decent replacement.

Fast forward 12 months and he'll probably be linked with a move back here.

Scored some decent goals and played some good stuff. All the best to him.

Now lets have a rabbit out the hat please

You don't realise until you get there that it isn't worth it. I went there in 1987 when things were better as well.

11 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

**** him.  The fact he's away to some shithole says everything about him.

He'll be remembered for being so good that the Hibs support sang his name more than hearts, bye bye 

If I got paid a wedge but had to live in 'shit hole' for 2 years I would do it.  

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I’m pretty sure we already have made a sincere offer for Cadden a while back, Motherwell rejected it. £150k or something, similar to Souttars fee 

They valued him at £500k so our offer was refused, a bit like how the Old Firm unsettle players.

TyphoonJambo
Just now, I.T.K said:

If I got paid a wedge but had to live in 'shit hole' for 2 years I would do it.  

I know a load of guys who have done exactly this in the same the same shit hole, but not for. A bunch of arrogant, medieval pricks who teat any non Saudi, Muslim or otherwise as shit. 

Won't miss him too much but still wish him all the best. 

Would be very surprised if we landed Cadden - apparently he's agreed a deal with Columbus Crew in MLS but they can't register him until they move on another one of their non-Americans. 

Would love it if we pulled one out the bag and signed James Morrison, who is available on a free and is likely to have a good relationship with CL/Naismith/Berra from his international duties. He would be an excellent signing. Mulumbu would also be a good signing. Lewis MacLeod has just been released by Brentford although they were probably paying him a bit more than we could offer. Diego Poyet is sitting without a club too. Would take any one of those guys I think. 

Edited by mc2607

been here before
2 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Money 1 Football Ambition 0

Hope he enjoys playing in front of an average attendance of 2k in a 25k stadium...

A professional footballer in chasing money shock.

Anyhow we might only have to wait 6 months if it doesnt work out before we get the almost obligatory 'would you have him back' thread that is so beloved by the rockets on here.

Edited by been here before

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s not a case of making a good offer, we have to pay £400k and surely we would’ve done so already if we were going to.

Its not an all or nothing situation, unless Motherwell make it so. I believe we made an offer of somewhere around £150k earlier in the season. That was during the season, its now close season and I think speaking to Motherwell again, in good faith might yield better results. Motherwell aren't unreasonable, they're also not loaded with cash. They are a selling club and when faced with losing an asset for nothing they'll be looking to come to some sort of agreement, perhaps in the way of a sell on clause. 

A lot of us think Souttar is worth north of £5m, but as with all things a player is only worth as much as people are willing to pay. Now, Motherwell can try and risk playing hardball to potentially lose him for nothing, or perhaps offer him a new contract to have an unhappy player because he didn't get the move he wanted. I think its in their interests to come to a deal if we are actually interested. 

Cadden is not worth £400k, otherwise they would have been able to offload him already. £150k is a good offer and I hope if we do still want him, something can be worked out. 

A_A wehatethehibs
21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They valued him at £500k so our offer was refused, a bit like how the Old Firm unsettle players.

As per basic economics, a players value is only as much as someone is willing to pay for him. Unlike Rangers and Celtic who can both afford £500k-£1m for a player easy, the most Hearts can pay for a player is about £200k. We’ve had to rebuild a squad starting from 0 players, got to be careful when you’ve just gone bust only 5 years back. Don’t think it would have unsettled the boy, it’s nice to know another team wants you even if your club rejects the bid. Nothing underhand about it.

The smart move for Motherwell now would be to go to Hearts and say “would you still take him for £100k and put a sell-on in his deal?” That’s the best they’ll get, they’re due £400k but nobody is ever paying that for Chris Cadden. No chance. I’d say £200k would be very steep for him tbh, quite an average midfielder. Neat and tidy at passing but other than that, pretty average. Could be a potential good SPfL level midfielder in a few years but that’s it - imo. Hearts aren’t going to be selling him for £10m that’s for sure, at best he could eventually be a £1m player if he is excellent for Hearts. In which case Motherwell could get that extra dosh in the end via sell-on.

Personally I am delighted, he was a passenger for so many games, an attacking midfielder with some courage, guts and fight about him in now please Craig.

51 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

You don't realise until you get there that it isn't worth it. I went there in 1987 when things were better as well.

I've not been meself but, apart from the dough I've never met anyone who has worked there who raved about it. Never fancied it.

Bazzas right boot

Not happy the way he's left. 

Good player will be hard to replace. 

Good luck. 

We need a couple in now with Lee also looking to move. 

Cruyff Turn

He is a good player however, I’m not fussed for him, there will always be another who will replace him. 

Brighton Jambo

Christ, elements of our fan base lacks some class at times.

I understand he was no Rudi but still some fans cant bring themselves to say all the best and thanks for everything.  In the last decade we have had literally dozens of players who have contributed less than him but still we have folk celebrating (feel free not to use that as another excuse to attack Levein)

Our reaction when players leave is at times all just too Hibs like for my liking.

Tasavallan
3 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Saudi Arabia is a shithole. I worked there for a while. I can't understand why anyone would want to go there. 

Different if you are a footballer rather than a contractor.  Lots of money, treated like a VIP.  Staying in an expensive villa.   Then again still a sh*thole.

3 hours ago, tcjambo said:

For the burdz.....

55573F42-503D-4CAF-9C79-BFF293C27718.jpeg

TemasekJambo
11 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Christ, elements of our fan base lacks some class at times.

I understand he was no Rudi but still some fans cant bring themselves to say all the best and thanks for everything.  In the last decade we have had literally dozens of players who have contributed less than him but still we have folk celebrating (feel free not to use that as another excuse to attack Levein)

Our reaction when players leave is at times all just too Hibs like for my liking.

Well said, I don't understand the venom coming from some people about a guy that played almost every game he was fit. The vast majority of other players that have played for us over the past 4-5 years have contributed significantly less than Djoum, he will be missed.

3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Absolute nonsense :rofl:

So you are saying he was fast, could tackle, supplied goal scoring chances for others and hit the back of the net himself ????

Non, absolutely non of that is true...he was joint top of yellow card league last season...I dont have to count his goals for us apart from first 6 months as his record was pitiful....assists ? painfully lacking there too....

Awful attitude and not someone you want when the going gets tough...

Thank feck he is away ☺

This is a positive news story for the club. We have helped the player progress in his career. 

During his time at Hearts he has become an established International player and winner of the African Nations Cup. He has earned a big money contract because of the time he spent at our club.

We can point to this example when we are attempting to sign any player and demonstrate that coming to Hearts is a good career move.

50 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Not happy the way he's left. 

Good player will be hard to replace. 

Good luck. 

We need a couple in now with Lee also looking to move. 

Is he away though? Is it not just The Daily Record saying he's away?

5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

:sob: 

He will be very difficult to replace within our budget.

He will for sure but he isnt irreplaceable