• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• J80MBO

• Mikey1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good luck to him. Lee to follow and a quality signing in,  happy days 

I wasn’t happy with our midfield last year and now we are worse off with this news 

Hope we haven’t been waiting on an answer from Djoum till now and have to start looking around for new midfielder 

You'd  like to think we have someone lined up 

A few months of big pay packets over there and he’ll be offski. Saudi Arabia may not be a place most players would opt for given there human rights issues. Financially it would make sense for Djoum to go there.

Hope it's true.

Also hope that CL saw this coming and has a replacement lined up. Someone who wants to be at Hearts and doesn't always have one eye on the fire escape. An upgrade on Djoum, with the same/similar salary, would be a huge boost for the coming season. 

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Used us as a backup option for months, and we fell for it. Never had any intention of staying

These things work two ways. When it suits a club they ditch a player so he has not really done anything wrong.

He's at an age where he will be looking to get a decent deal done as he probably wont get many more after this one.

Nobody seems to be slating Naismith  for holding out for his £160k payment before  possibly signing for us and he is probably much better off than Djoum.

Edited by wavydavy

If you'd asked me a month ago I would have been disappointed with this news, as it stands I'm glad that this has now been put to bed and we have plenty of time to get a replacement 

Agentjambo

Good,a player who's heart was very rarely in it.Vastly overrated.

Hopefully replaced with a bit of real quality. 

Finlay James

Good luck to him and thanks.  Levein will have options already being lined up.

Famous 1874

One last pay day for him which I understand, however in my opinion choosing to live in Saudi Arabia is fairly rash. 

Mulumbu in for him would be nice 

Rocky jamboa

Good move for him I would imagine and good for us in that we can now move on and bring in someone who can control the midfield and spray some passes around.

All the best Arnaud and thanks for your time at Hearts. 

27 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

:sob: 

He will be very difficult to replace within our budget.

???sarcasm lowest form of wit!

Edited by J80MBO

Skivingatwork

Anonymous in too many games for me. As others have said, hopefully a quality replacement lined up with the wages both Djoum and Lee frees up.

What a day!

Great news.

One less waster off our wage bill.

A player that had an abysmal win rate.

A player that never rolled up his sleeves in all the countless times we required the team to do so.

I certainly will not be following his career from now on and he does not part with my best wishes. 

I think the next team who are unlucky enough to employ this waster should read this thread first.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
31 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

This!

The truth is that if we should have had a central midfield over the past few years of Kitchen,  Djoum and Martin as they all could have set the heather alight but alas all 3 were workshy soft as shite wasters.

Good.

The way him and his agent have carried themselves is pretty shite.  Doesn't want to be here and has about 3 or 4 stand out performances a season.  Cheerio.

29 minutes ago, theshed said:

I wasn’t happy with our midfield last year and now we are worse off with this news 

Hope we haven’t been waiting on an answer from Djoum till now and have to start looking around for new midfielder 

The answer to that will be obviously quite quickly, if we don’t have a decent midfielder lined up by the first game against Aberdeen, then I’d wager all our eggs were in the Djoum basket 

ToadKiller Dog

I like Djoum but he hasn't lived made anywhere as much out of his ability that he showed in his first season and maybe we kept him to long. 

I expect the club have some potential replacements in mind. 

32 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

My opinion on him is no more right or wrong than yours RG but I am curious..............in what way do you mean?

How will he be difficult to replace?  We barely won a game when he played.  He got bossed in Edinburgh derbies, had a shite shot and never got stuck in - never.

Hectormasson
44 minutes ago, theshed said:

Exactly m8,,,if not questions will be once more asked ??

Big Slim Stylee
37 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Good,a player who's heart was very rarely in it.Vastly overrated.

Hopefully replaced with a bit of real quality. 

I agree with your first sentence. Not with the second. He’s a loss and we rarely got to see how good he is. You just got the feeling he felt we were below him.

He said his goodbyes at the post cup final BBQ at tynie. I really rated Djoum, I also rate Lee, just think they’ve suffered from the lack of balance in the side and lack of a proper style and footballing philosophy. Time on the ball and the right players around them and we could’ve seen them reach their potential. 

We now need 2 quality midfielders as the thought of a midfield of Cochrane, Clare or Bozanic is worrying. Let’s also not forget that our best midfielder is a centre back. 

Best of luck to the guy, Been here a few years now. 

Looking forward to who we bring in, I'll say again, Mulumbu would be ideal. 32 yes, but is exactly the calibre of player we need to be bringing in. How he trains, his professionalism, his work ethic, everything that the young lads should be modelling themselves on. Having more guys that are coming from the EPL which demands all of those things can only be a positive for the likes of Cochrane, Irvine etc. 

giphy.gif

See sense Craig! See sense!!

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Said this weeks ago and the coaching staff were well aware he was offski

Which worries me as to why a player hasn’t been brought in to replace him.

If the plan is to play Clare in Djoums position we are worse of than we were.

Hopefully we free up Lees wage and have a player already in waiting. I don’t like the idea of us starting the season as we are minus djoum and lee.

TemasekJambo

Not sure why some folk are so jubilant at this news, he was our best midfielder last season and has been a consistent performer for years, when not injured. It is good that we have clarity now and focus on getting a replacement but it will not be straightforward. We’ve brought in several midfielders over the past few years (Lee, Bozanic, Martin, Kitchen) and the only one in the same league as Djoum is Haring.

3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Which worries me as to why a player hasn’t been brought in to replace him.

If the plan is to play Clare in Djoums position we are worse of than we were.

Hopefully we free up Lees wage and have a player already in waiting. I don’t like the idea of us starting the season as we are minus djoum and lee.

We are just waiting on Mulumbu getting back from the AFCON (not for one second do I know if that’s the truth mind you!)