Djoum away!!!

DB-14

TyphoonJambo
Just now, goldie83 said:

We are just waiting on Mulumbu getting back from the AFCON (not for one second do I know if that’s the truth mind you!)

For a piece of rampant speculation, its not a bad one!!!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• J80MBO

• Mikey1874

5 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Which worries me as to why a player hasn’t been brought in to replace him.

If the plan is to play Clare in Djoums position we are worse of than we were.

Hopefully we free up Lees wage and have a player already in waiting. I don’t like the idea of us starting the season as we are minus djoum and lee.

It can take time especially with English or European based players. Contracts have just ended and a range of other considerations including a chain of transfers. 

Painfully slow and lethargic, covered little ground on the pitch, poor passer, scared to tackle, didnt score, didnt create goals.

Can you explain what I missed?

I heard this nonsense every week on here how good this guy was and purposely made point to look out for these performances for the last 6 months of season...THERE WAS NOT ONE GOOD PERFORMANCE. 

27 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

My opinion on him is no more right or wrong than yours RG but I am curious..............in what way do you mean?

How will he be difficult to replace?  We barely won a game when he played.  He got bossed in Edinburgh derbies, had a shite shot and never got stuck in - never.

In the way that I disagree that he got bossed in derbies and never got stuck in.

1 hour ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Seems to be confirmed by multiple media outlets he’s off to Saudi Arabia.

The Old Tolbooth

Glad to see the back of him to be honest, a total under achiever who hid in the most important games of the season, let's hope we use the money wisely to bring in someone who actually gets stuck in and is able to graft. I reckon that will free up more game time for Cochrane, and we'll also bring in a midfielder as well, although of what quality I've no idea, and it scares me a little given his track record lately. 

JamboGraham

Money 1 Football Ambition 0

Hope he enjoys playing in front of an average attendance of 2k in a 25k stadium...

Edited by JamboGraham

Selkirkhmfc1874
13 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Saudi Arabia is a shithole. I worked there for a while. I can't understand why anyone would want to go there. 

They exact reason you went there ! Good money 

10 minutes ago, TemasekJambo said:

Not sure why some folk are so jubilant at this news, he was our best midfielder last season and has been a consistent performer for years, when not injured. It is good that we have clarity now and focus on getting a replacement but it will not be straightforward. We’ve brought in several midfielders over the past few years (Lee, Bozanic, Martin, Kitchen) and the only one in the same league as Djoum is Haring.

Agree lee, bozanic etc not good enough but to say djoum was a "consistent performer" is crazy hahaha were you joking?...unless you mean consistently poor!

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

In the way that I disagree that he got bossed in derbies and never got stuck in.

Guy was a sh!tbag...scared of his own shadow. Constantly weak in a tackle...often resulting in daft bookings.

1 minute ago, J80MBO said:

Guy was a sh!tbag...scared of his own shadow. Constantly weak in a tackle...often resulting in daft bookings.

tenor.gif?itemid=3602072

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Painfully slow and lethargic, covered little ground on the pitch, poor passer, scared to tackle, didnt score, didnt create goals.

I heard this nonsense every week on here how good this guy was and purposely made point to look out for these performances for the last 6 months of season...THERE WAS NOT ONE GOOD PERFORMANCE. 

Absolute nonsense :rofl:

Liked Djoum. Good player and seemed a good guy. All the best to him.

We now absolutely must sign a starting central midfielder. We weren't great there last season as it was and now we only have Haring who I'd deem good enough to be first choice week in week out.

Still can't think of many highlights. 

Halving David Clarkson in his first reserve game and his 10 minutes sub debut at Celric Park at right back where he was on hand to take a pass he didn't get from Sam Nicholson to tap in, his goal v Hibs in the Cup draw. 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Herbert said:

No exactly the move he's been banging on about since he got here. He will be forgotten about soon enough.

Be on good money there i would imagine.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Still can't think of many highlights. 

Halving David Clarkson in his first reserve game and his 10 minutes sub debut at Celric Park at right back where he was on hand to take a pass he didn't get from Sam Nicholson to tap in, his goal v Hibs in the Cup draw. 

Steady now...you have to big guy up on kickback...superstar?

North Berwick Jambo

Thank ****! He has to be one of the most overrated players we have ever had & hopefully his replacement will actually show the heart & desire he was badly lacking. 

Good.

Away chasing money but won't play for another team like Hearts again.

Choosing to go to Saudi Arabia and taking their coin, blurgh.

Harry Potter
Just now, J80MBO said:

Steady now...you have to big guy up on kickback...superstar?

Was never the same after his African cup games, how he lost so much form was strange to me.

1 minute ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

Thank ****! He has to be one of the most overrated players we have ever had & hopefully his replacement will actually show the heart & desire he was badly lacking. 

??????

11 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

They exact reason you went there ! Good money 

I lived there for 6 years and loved it

i wish jj was my dad
25 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Which worries me as to why a player hasn’t been brought in to replace him.

If the plan is to play Clare in Djoums position we are worse of than we were.

Hopefully we free up Lees wage and have a player already in waiting. I don’t like the idea of us starting the season as we are minus djoum and lee.

I would be astonished if we didn't have something lined up.  Levein generally has something up his sleeve.

I’ve been a huge fan of Djoum. Quality player in our league. But the minute I read that he’d been flashing his knickers at Aberdeen was the end for me. Time to get someone in that actually wants to play for Hearts.

Good player on his day. 

However, we've previously found a way to move on from the likes of Colin Cameron, Paul Hartley, Neil McCann, Rudi Skacel, David Weir, Alan McLaren, Gary Naismith, Tosh McInlay, Mike Galloway, David McPherson, Craig Gordon, Eammon Bannon (if you want to go back that far), Calum Paterson and Mark De Vries deciding to leave for pastures new and I suspect that it will be the case this time around also.

Mulumbu would be a step up from Djoum. He's a class act. Wishful thinking that he'll be on Hearts radar when there's so many projects out there to gamble on.

Edited by Flimsy

Central Belt 1874
35 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

He said his goodbyes at the post cup final BBQ at tynie. I really rated Djoum, I also rate Lee, just think they’ve suffered from the lack of balance in the side and lack of a proper style and footballing philosophy. Time on the ball and the right players around them and we could’ve seen them reach their potential. 

We now need 2 quality midfielders as the thought of a midfield of Cochrane, Clare or Bozanic is worrying. Let’s also not forget that our best midfielder is a centre back. 

Good post, however I think Lee is well below the standard of a top 3 or 4 team in Scotland. Maybe, like you say, if we had quality around the midfield then guys like Djoum and Lee could be utilized in a different way. 

As it stands the midfield is really weak. Hopefully some players come in who have the desired work ethic to go along with the skill. 

Had some very good games for us. Clearly didn't want to be here though unless he had to, so can't say i'm particularly bothered to see him go if he's away

Clerry Jambo

Glad he's gone but need a quality replacement, however recent midfield signings don't leave me encouraged

Mr Elwood P
31 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Scared to tackle but one of the most booked players in Scottish football? Maybe watch the games more closely.

40 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Saudi Arabia is a shithole. I worked there for a while. I can't understand why anyone would want to go there. 

Probs for the same reason you did. Daft money. Hardly progressing his career really is it?

On his day he was a quality player but I'll be happy enough with a decent replacement.

Fast forward 12 months and he'll probably be linked with a move back here.

Scored some decent goals and played some good stuff. All the best to him.

Now lets have a rabbit out the hat please

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Scared to tackle but one of the most booked players in Scottish football? Maybe watch the games more closely.

To be fair, quite a lot of them are trips to stop players breaking away.  He took quite a lot of professional "for the team" fouls.

Should drop our yellow card ratio. He had a few good games although the mediocre games outweighed them. Always thought he had more to give but just couldnt be ar$ed after ACN.

Valois No1

With Levein confirming that the club are happy for lee to go, we must now sign another midfielder whether lee stays or not as clearly he wants go or is deemed not good enough in the first place.

Well that's done then. Djoum was OK, I do actually think he worked hard but he always had a misplaced pass in him and seemed to have a habit of giving the ball away in key moments. Maybe if he'd had a clear run with injury we would have seen the best of him, but it didn't happen and that's life.

FWIW, I don't think Mulumbu is a goer. He went to Killie because of his connection with Clarke and probably took a wage cut to help his pal out. Why would he do the same for us?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

This move says a lot about his character and explains his lack of commitment for a lot of his time here.

Saudi is a shithole and footballing backwater.

What an idiot.

TyphoonJambo
6 minutes ago, Olly Lee said:

Well that's done then. Djoum was OK, I do actually think he worked hard but he always had a misplaced pass in him and seemed to have a habit of giving the ball away in key moments. Maybe if he'd had a clear run with injury we would have seen the best of him, but it didn't happen and that's life.

FWIW, I don't think Mulumbu is a goer. He went to Killie because of his connection with Clarke and probably took a wage cut to help his pal out. Why would he do the same for us?

To prove celtic wrong?

TemasekJambo
42 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Agree lee, bozanic etc not good enough but to say djoum was a "consistent performer" is crazy hahaha were you joking?...unless you mean consistently poor!

It is interesting that he divides opinion so much. We haven't had a better central midfielder, outside of Haring (who plays a more defensive role) in 4-5 years. I'm not saying he is world class but he is a good top 4 player in the Scottish Premiership, clearly Aberdeen agreed by also offering him a deal. Replacing him will not be straightforward.

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, julienbrellier said:

Mulumbu or Cadden would be the obvious choice

I see Cadden could be available on loan............

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, TemasekJambo said:

It is interesting that he divides opinion so much. We haven't had a better central midfielder, outside of Haring (who plays a more defensive role) in 4-5 years. I'm not saying he is world class but he is a good top 4 player in the Scottish Premiership, clearly Aberdeen agreed by also offering him a deal. Replacing him will not be straightforward.

I agree. 

3 minutes ago, TemasekJambo said:

tbf our midfield hasnt exactly been great in the time Djoum was here, and Aberdeen offering him a contract will be the same as the interest he supposedly had from France, England Cyprus and who knows where else.

His Agent has played the game and got him a decent deal in Saudi (if true) no doubt using our offer as a bargaining chip. If he had offers from elsewhere he wouldnt play in Suadi unless the money was stupid in comparison.