Djoum away!!!

DB-14

upgotheheads

Good luck to him, Quality player who might actually (whisper it) have been too good for the style and the quality of Scottish football. He could have played in the English Premiership imo.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• J80MBO

• Mikey1874

23 hours ago, Clear few said:

Arnaud Djoum = Derek Fergusson 

IMHO good level of skill but flattered to deceive and chickenhearted, not one you would want in a trench with you.

Money can be better spent elsewhere.

I really hope you’re wrong, because Ferguson was a player we didn’t fully appreciate until he left and our midfield fell apart.

4 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I really hope you’re wrong, because Ferguson was a player we didn’t fully appreciate until he left and our midfield fell apart.

As it stands we have Haring, Clare, Bozanic, Cochrane. This thread might be worth revisiting in September/October. 

24 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Good luck to him, Quality player who might actually (whisper it) have been too good for the style and the quality of Scottish football. He could have played in the English Premiership imo.

Too good for Scottish football. 

:gok:

rudi must stay
21 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

No I dont agree with this. When he broke through maybe, but the past few seasons he has had very few standout games in the midfield. If he had that form consistently then I would agree. 

kingantti1874
29 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I assume this is sarcastic.. absolutely ****ing no chance. If he was good enough for prem he’d have been in championship at worst

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I assume this is sarcastic.. absolutely ****ing no chance. If he was good enough for prem he’d have been in championship at worst

14 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Too good for Scottish football. 

:gok:

Actually UPTH is correct IMO. Technically good enough.  

25 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:rofl:

The Festival starts soon mate and a good comedian can do well....

You should give it a go mate ?

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

I've not laughed so much for a long time. I guess that's why a Championship side didn't come looking, they thought he was going to the Prem !

Quite happy he's gone, clearly didn't want to be with us. Should have took the deal off the table a long time ago. We should only be looking to keep players who want to play for the jersey and aren't hooring themselves to others.

6 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Yet not one team from down south came in for him

indianajones

I'd wish him well but I can't be arsed. 

Sums him up well I guess. 

In all seriousness, he was wasted in the wrong position by our management. 

davemclaren
5 hours ago, jambocub said:

From the coaching staff.

Fair enough. I’ll take your word for it. 

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Fair enough. I’ll take your word for it. 

8 hours ago, jambocub said:

From the coaching staff.

How would they know who had contacted him ? Hearts would have no right to know who was in touch whilst his contract was lapsing?

12 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

How would they know who had contacted him ? Hearts would have no right to know who was in touch whilst his contract was lapsing?

Indeed. Just yesterday, “sources” in the club were saying they had no idea about the story that this thread is based on (ie a move to Saudi). 

5 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Indeed. Just yesterday, “sources” in the club were saying they had no idea about the story that this thread is based on (ie a move to Saudi). 

Saudi Arabia is an awful place for women. I think Djoum has a family which will make it more tolerable but when you go there you give up your passport(can't leave the country at will), women have to be pretty much fully covered head to toe and there is little to do most of the time although certainly it is better if you have a family. Coming from Belgium they will find it tough.

18 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Well Doc it’s all about opinions and tbf I can’t specifically recall what happened to our midfield when he left but I do recall being disappointed. 

Djoum is very easily replaced, his win ratio at Hearts is very average (crap!) and most of our better performances have been without him in the team.

22 minutes ago, Jambomb said:

Djoum is very easily replaced, his win ratio at Hearts is very average (crap!) and most of our better performances have been without him in the team.

Exactly. It’s a meh from me.

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

Saudi Arabia is an awful place for women. I think Djoum has a family which will make it more tolerable but when you go there you give up your passport(can't leave the country at will), women have to be pretty much fully covered head to toe and there is little to do most of the time although certainly it is better if you have a family. Coming from Belgium they will find it tough.

Professional life can take people to all sorts of places. I doubt that when he was a young lad in Cameroon and Belgium, he expected to live and start a family in Scotland. I’ll believe this move when I see it, but would understand why he’d do it.

He’s a funny player. I like and rate him, but loads clearly don’t. If he does move on, he’ll leave a big gap in the squad. Time for some of our much-vaunted youngsters to step up into the void. 

Agentjambo

Levein stating in interested hes not looking to get another midfielder in just now,wants to give youngsters a chance....cant see us getting anyone in.

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nigeria v Cameroon is 5pm today. 

Closer to knowing what is happening. 

Not that Djoum was even in the squad for the game it appears.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Not that Djoum was even in the squad for the game it appears.

he was on the bench

Leveins Battalion

Djoum Djoum Djoum Djoum's

Away with Cameroon

Thank feck he's left the Jambos

A new midfielder soon ?

9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

he was on the bench

Ah, the BBC didn't have on the team sheet earlier but have him on it now. 

Bloody MSM!

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The midfield looked amazing today without Djoum today right enough.

Hearts or Cameroon?

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The midfield looked amazing today without Djoum today right enough.

The midfield hasn't looked good never mind amazing for a long time

Our standards have dropped if we thought keeping him was going to do anything positive for us next season. 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Djoum Djoum Djoum Djoum's

Away with Cameroon

Thank feck he's left the Jambos

A new midfielder soon ?

Good one 

Djoum Djoum Djoum Djoum

He's OUT with Cameroon 

He doesn't have a club now

Messed up with the Maroons 

thewiseone
On 04/07/2019 at 12:50, busby1985 said:

He said his goodbyes at the post cup final BBQ at tynie. I really rated Djoum, I also rate Lee, just think they’ve suffered from the lack of balance in the side and lack of a proper style and footballing philosophy. Time on the ball and the right players around them and we could’ve seen them reach their potential. 

We now need 2 quality midfielders as the thought of a midfield of Cochrane, Clare or Bozanic is worrying. Let’s also not forget that our best midfielder is a centre back. 

Probably the most balanced response I've seen to the Djoum situation. 

Who with any touch or finesse to their game would be committed and playing the style and type of football I've witnessed over the passed 3 years?

It can't possibly be the mentality surrounding the game here where the problem lies both from the ethos coached and that demanded. You've got to try harder, run harder, further and longer, that round thing in the middle no don't concern yourself with it, the midfield isn't about playing football.After all it's not like Scotland is a back water in football terms, let's just slaughter the guy, after all it's no like anyone here would move a new job for money is it?

Nope let's put all the playing problems down to Djoum, that fits

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, thewiseone said:

Probably the most balanced response I've seen to the Djoum situation. 

Who with any touch or finesse to their game would be committed and playing the style and type of football I've witnessed over the passed 3 years?

It can't possibly be the mentality surrounding the game here where the problem lies both from the ethos coached and that demanded. You've got to try harder, run harder, further and longer, that round thing in the middle no don't concern yourself with it, the midfield isn't about playing football.After all it's not like Scotland is a back water in football terms, let's just slaughter the guy, after all it's no like anyone here would move a new job for money is it?

Nope let's put all the playing problems down to Djoum, that fits

Did Levein and Cathro play similar brands of football? Did Hearts play one 'style' or 'type' of football last season? Seem to be a lot of folk on here that are completely oblivious to the fact that we played almost every formation and every 'type' of football possible last season. Hopefully a more settled approach will reap rewards during the 2019/20 campaign!

Agentjambo

I think hes planning to play Clare in central midfield alongside haring. 

“I always planned to play him in central midfield, but if he’s not as aware of what the most important things are then he ends up playing out on the side. Now he does understand and he has an awful lot to offer.”

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I think hes planning to play Clare in central midfield alongside haring. 

“I always planned to play him in central midfield, but if he’s not as aware of what the most important things are then he ends up playing out on the side. Now he does understand and he has an awful lot to offer.”

Not sure how good a partnership it would be? We've got a bit of competition in the forward positions now with Walker and Washington coming in. I think a centre mid will need to be added though.

Few formations that central pairing of Haring / Clare could be used in.

4-4-2

Uche Naismith 

Mulraney Haring Clare Walker 

White     Berra    Souttar   Smith

3-5-2

Uche   Washington 

White  Clare    Haring   Naismith   Smith      

Halkett   Berra    Souttar

4-2-3-1

Uche

Mulraney Naismith Washington 

Haring Clare

White     Berra    Souttar   Smith

thewiseone
9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Did Levein and Cathro play similar brands of football? Did Hearts play one 'style' or 'type' of football last season? Seem to be a lot of folk on here that are completely oblivious to the fact that we played almost every formation and every 'type' of football possible last season. Hopefully a more settled approach will reap rewards during the 2019/20 campaign!

Seems to be some folk on here put too much emphasis on a master plan, system and style.

It's players playing with confidence, flair and intuition which desperate the wheat from the shaff, back to fifa 2019 Mr Elwood!

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Seems to be some folk on here put too much emphasis on a master plan, system and style.

It's players playing with confidence, flair and intuition which desperate the wheat from the shaff, back to fifa 2019 Mr Elwood!

What’s Fifa 2019? 

keithyboy1975

Confirmed on Twitter, signed for Saudi team. 

Good luck Arnaud,  thanks for the memories!!! 

Thought Police

I imagine he’d be great when surrounded by great players. Sadly, we need someone who can make those around them better, and he didn’t do it enough

johnthomas
Just now, Thought Police said:

I imagine he’d be great when surrounded by great players. Sadly, we need someone who can make those around them better, and he didn’t do it enough

Think , up to a point , you are correct . Not easy at our level (financially) to get players who can do this . Obviously one of the reasons why Naismith is so important .

9 minutes ago, keithyboy1975 said:

Confirmed on Twitter, signed for Saudi team. 

Good luck Arnaud,  thanks for the memories!!! 

Anyone else see that ending in tears?