Conor Washington signs for Hearts ( updated )

tartofmidlothian

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

An international is an international.  Austin MacPhee knows him well from NI.  My only concern is who is going to score the goals next season as apart from Naismith there is nobody prolific.    

I note that the vermin are going to their green cousins in the West Country to make statements of intent. 

Sammon and Oshiniwa were internationals. Forrest Green have nothing to do with Hibs, hope they have Vegan food for Doidge.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Beast Boy

• Absolute Scenes

A_A wehatethehibs

For me, the goalscoring record is a concern. QPR bought him for £2.5m and he fired a blank that season. Never scored a goal for Sheffield Utd. Afraid I can’t bring myself to get excited about another non-scorer coming in, we have an a lot of non-scorers as is

I suppose you’ve got to gamble on someone though so fingers crossed he finds his level at Hearts 

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

For me, the goalscoring record is a concern. QPR bought him for £2.5m and he fired a blank that season. Never scored a goal for Sheffield Utd. Afraid I can’t bring myself to get excited about another non-scorer coming in, we have an a lot of non-scorers as is

I suppose you’ve got to gamble on someone though so fingers crossed he finds his level at Hearts 

Dare i say it but Lafferty had a fairly average ratio before joining Hearts. Apart from at Rangers I suppose. 

Washington is playing and training with better players so he should be able to find the net up here you'd think :)

letsalldothebeattie
57 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

BF0ED58B-33D6-4297-BD27-59E9222E1623.jpeg

A few folk saying he’s lying about this on Twitter. He’s probably more in the know than most but anyone on here know if this is true?

7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

A player that was worth 2.5 million is worth a shot at Hearts wether he has scored or not an international as well both dont come along that often for free 

8 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He played, on average, 22 minutes per appearance last season. Very difficult to find any goalscoring form when you're only making intermittent sub appearances. 

Just now, Jamboross said:

He played, on average, 22 minutes per appearance last season. Very difficult to find any goalscoring form when you're only making intermittent sub appearances. 

Plus was used as a winger a lot!

If only we’d had him for the 2nd half of the season, rather than the overweight van-man, a Great signing if we can get it over the line... 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Cwapsy said:

Dare i say it but Lafferty had a fairly average ratio before joining Hearts. Apart from at Rangers I suppose. 

Washington is playing and training with better players so he should be able to find the net up here you'd think :)

That is a big assumption.

Let’s hope this boy is anywhere near as good as Lafferty. That is a tall order.

1 minute ago, Maroonblood22 said:

I'll relax when we see the scarf above heid! Would be a cracking signing for us!

Seconded.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Not a real journalist it’s a fake account that’s reporting Washington having his medical.

Gutted :(

Still, Daily Record was reporting it before this clown jumped on it!

1 hour ago, SectionN said:

That a genuine journalist? Not got a massive following and on twitter their is a few fake accounts...

Would be over the moon if we could get this over the line.

Nowhere to be found on Google

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

A player that was worth 2.5 million is worth a shot at Hearts wether he has scored or not an international as well both dont come along that often for free 

Turned out he proved not to be worth £2.5m the proof is in the pudding, he flopped abysmally end of story. Hopefully he bangs in 20 but I personally am not jumping for joy at this stage, I’m concerned about our lack of goals outwith Naismith and this boy has no real goalscoring pedigree beyond non-league. He will feel he has a point to prove I’m sure, that can only be a good thing.

8 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

When you’re on the bench you’ve got to make it count double. Admittedly United had a very good side tough to break into so you have to give him benefit of the doubt. Step down in league step up in club / city might do him good. 

He is being brought in to help us score, we’re searching for goals, it is a gamble. McPhee obviously believes in him though and that belief did pay dividends with Lafferty.

6 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Not a real journalist it’s a fake account that’s reporting Washington having his medical.

Why would anyone create a fake twitter account pretending to be a journalist.

Some people really need to get a life, or at least a job.

Taken from SSN

HEARTS IN WASHINGTON TALKS

Hearts are in advanced talks over the signing of striker Conor Washington.

Washington was released on a free by Sheffield United at the end of last season.

10 minutes ago, sac said:

Taken from SSN

HEARTS IN WASHINGTON TALKS

Hearts are in advanced talks over the signing of striker Conor Washington.

Washington was released on a free by Sheffield United at the end of last season.

Smashing

23 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

That is a big assumption.

Let’s hope this boy is anywhere near as good as Lafferty. That is a tall order.

It could work well with the big man wee man combo upfront. My worry is that he ends up a bit like Stephen Elliot. He was a good servant to the club but wasn't the best at scoring goals.

Unknown user
30 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

"Fairly average" is being very, very kind!

In the 6 seasons before arriving at tynecastle big Kyle managed an average of just over 2 goals a season across all competitions. 

In fact, if you take out his season with us he scored competitive 46 goals in his career, a bawhair over 3.5 goals a season. 

If you include his season with us he's up to 4.6 competitive goals per season. Not exactly heather lighting stuff.

15 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Jeremy Armstrong is a sports journalist with the Daily Mirror covering Yorkshire and NE England.   Not sure about Henry.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

In the 6 seasons before arriving at tynecastle big Kyle managed an average of just over 2 goals a season across all competitions. 

In fact, if you take out his season with us he scored competitive 46 goals in his career, a bawhair over 3.5 goals a season. 

If you include his season with us he's up to 4.6 competitive goals per season. Not exactly heather lighting stuff.

Is Heather one of his bits on the side ?

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Is Heather one of his bits on the side ?

I believe so, ironically the daft ******* got busted when he got her name tattooed on the side of his bits.

8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Will this be the scarf above the heid day or do medicals take quite a while?

They are usually fairly quick I think. However Celtic seem to be doing David Turnbull's medical in slow motion so who knows these days

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I believe so, ironically the daft ******* got busted when he got her name tattooed on the side of his bits.

And Levein will now have to find a way to replace Lafferty after his 20-goal campaign last season.

But the Jambos boss joked there was at least one positive to the loss of the 30-year-old.

Speaking to the BBC ahead of Hearts' clash with Kilmarnock, he laughed: "The average IQ of the squad has gone up, that's for sure.

...a bit disco
12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Will this be the scarf above the heid day or do medicals take quite a while?

Thursday, I would guess.

:whistling:

10 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Same boy told me Walker was signing a few weeks ago...

96980715-BB3A-455A-9163-8FBD526684DB.jpeg

Canny read the top part its all blacked out 

4 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

And Levein will now have to find a way to replace Lafferty after his 20-goal campaign last season.

But the Jambos boss joked there was at least one positive to the loss of the 30-year-old.

Speaking to the BBC ahead of Hearts' clash with Kilmarnock, he laughed: "The average IQ of the squad has gone up, that's for sure.

NZ had a controversial PM 30 years ago who once said that when Maoris emigrated to Australia it automatically increased the IQ of both countries.

It was said in jest but there would be ructions if anyone said anything like that now.

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

dick pic.

Here you go, since you asked so nicely...

pic.jpg

17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Contrary to the views of many on here, I consider Lafferty to be a burden who's off-field problems outweighs his on-field ability.  I would be surprised if Levein brought him back.  

6 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Contrary to the views of many on here, I consider Lafferty to be a burden who's off-field problems outweighs his on-field ability.  I would be surprised if Levein brought him back.  

He has off field issues no doubt. He didn't let them affect his performances for Hearts, in the main.

Most goals in a season since Robbo.

Far, far more quality than we had for years before and since his departure. Naismith excepted.

A_A wehatethehibs
30 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Lafferty had the pedigree of his Burnley days as a winger, especially his Rangers days, also his Sion days and his Palermo days. All winning stories at some big clubs, comparable size or some bigger clubs than Hearts. Kyle is a Winner, a player full of passion and desire to win. 

He was coming to Hearts after a 3 year gambling addiction downer at Norwich, that’s where it went wrong for him. He had the pedigree it was just about getting his mind right which McPhee successfully did. 

Washington on the other hand at age 27 only has St Ives, Newport and Peterborough on his CV where he can point and say he was a true success story. None of those clubs are close to the same scale and intensity as Hearts. There’s no evidence of anything near Lafferty’s pedigree - that all makes for one big point to prove, Hearts is a massive chance for him. Let’s hope McPhee can work the same magic with this boy as he did with Lafferty, the big man cracked in belters in big games and refused to be intimidated when Celtic came to town. That permeated through the club. Hope Washington has the same attitude and achieves the same form and status as a fans favourite.

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Lafferty had the pedigree of his Burnley days as a winger, especially his Rangers days, also his Sion days and his Palermo days. All winning stories at some big clubs, comparable size or some bigger clubs than Hearts. Kyle is a Winner, a player full of passion and desire to win. 

He was coming to Hearts after a 3 year gambling addiction downer at Norwich, that’s where it went wrong for him. He had the pedigree it was just about getting his mind right which McPhee successfully did. 

Washington on the other hand at age 27 only has St Ives, Newport and Peterborough on his CV where he can point and say he was a true success story. None of those clubs are close to the same scale and intensity as Hearts. There’s no evidence of anything near Lafferty’s pedigree - that all makes for one big point to prove, Hearts is a massive chance for him. Let’s hope McPhee can work the same magic with this boy as he did with Lafferty, the big man cracked in belters in big games and refused to be intimidated when Celtic came to town. That permeated through the club. Hope Washington has the same attitude and achieves the same form and status as a fans favourite.

What a good post.  Spot on.

johnking123
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Anything in this chuks aneke talk??

Think it would only happen if Uche left.

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Lafferty had a big game winning mentality that we don't see as much as we should at Tynecastle, but I was replying to a guy who said his scoring record was very average before coming to us - in truth it was distinctly below average.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
58 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Same boy told me Walker was signing a few weeks ago...

96980715-BB3A-455A-9163-8FBD526684DB.jpeg

Anything else on his mind? :)

Leveins Battalion
24 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Anything in this chuks aneke talk??

Hope so,looked like him with Levein last week I  the pics.

Never seen if it's been mentioned on the thread already, but he played at Peterborough with Michael Smith as well as knowing Austin.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, clouston1992 said:

Conversations about a mutual acquaintance ?

No harm in asking 

?  :lol:

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Think it would only happen if Uche left.

Why you say that, so they dislike one another? 

How the **** has this thread turned into another Lafferty sucking off thread

Can folk shut the **** up about that clown or at least keep it to one thread.

The person that quoted Lafferty's career stats nailed it. Only an idiot would think that of all the seasons in Lafferty's career the one he is most likely to reproduce again is his season with us - it is statistically the least likely option.

Now lets get back to the lad we are actually signing.

Edited by Jammy T