Conor Washington signs for Hearts ( updated )

tartofmidlothian

The Internet

This is one of those that people who've seen him play will be delighted with and people who haven't will look at his wiki stats and go 'meh'. 

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Beast Boy

• Absolute Scenes

6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You’ve never heard of a Northern Irish International, who has played alongside a number of our players and is managed on international duty by our assistant manager? If you have such a shocking base knowledge of football, your input becomes even less relevant. That in itself is quite the achievement.

I gave up caring years ago. I have no interest in any team on the planet except Hearts. I actually find football in general pretty darn shite. Hope this clears this up.

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Steven Naismith is an attacking midfielder.

Steven Naismith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jamie Walker

Naismith was injured hauf the season. And  I see him as a forward.

6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You’ve never heard of a Northern Irish International, who has played alongside a number of our players and is managed on international duty by our assistant manager? If you have such a shocking base knowledge of football, your input becomes even less relevant. That in itself is quite the achievement.

Neither have I. Sorry I don't know who these players are from the International powerhouse of NI.  

The Internet
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I gave up caring years ago. I have no interest in any team on the planet except Hearts. I actually find football in general pretty darn shite. Hope this clears this up.

then you're simply too cool to be on a football forum mate maybe give that up too? 

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

then you're simply too cool to be on a football forum mate maybe give that up too? 

Why? Hearts are his team, end of. Who cares what happens with other teams. Not everyone is a "football fan". 

Truth of the matter is somewhere in between. Premiership is not as bad as some make out and Championship not as good, 

been here before
35 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You tell us you dont care about Hearts though.

Its like you keep talking shite.

Jambo 4 Ever
59 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I'm sort of scared to get excited about any signings these days 

Looks decent, by god we are due a wee gem for once, hope this lads it 

He's a work horse I've been told 

Which Makes him better than 90% off our current squad 

He doesn’t score many goals though 

johnking123

The boy has pace and will hassle defenders all day. Plays mainly wide right and can play up front. It's what we need and been crying out for.

TyphoonJambo

Whats the chances of Washington and Walker by the end of the week?

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

All I’ve seen with Walker is we want him in by time of going to Ireland next week. Will all hinge on how quick he can get his release from Wigan

johnking123

Uche

Walker      Washington 

Naismith 

That diamond would strike fear in spfl defenses 

Edited by johnking123

Wonder if Wee Lenny told him to come over and speak to him before signing anything, like he did with Lafferty? 

TyphoonJambo
Just now, letsalldothebeattie said:

All I’ve seen with Walker is we want him in by time of going to Ireland next week. Will all hinge on how quick he can get his release from Wigan

Could be a good end to the week and getting everything in place, in time to get a decent preseason. Though, still Uche down south training and Naismith not able to sign or play yet.

gashauskis9
8 hours ago, combo74 said:

Don’t know a huge amount about him, but he’s played a lot of games in the English Championship for big clubs over the last 4 seasons and is a current international, so sounds like and excellent signing.

Don’t see how anyone could be negative about this if it goes through.

You should post more often ?

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Uche

Walker      Washington 

Naismith 

That diamond would strike feer in spfl defenses 

Moist!!!! Hibs will be feered

gashauskis9
53 minutes ago, Mr Benn said:

QPR fans were not disappointed to see him go. 

QPR is a ****ing circus, I suspect their supports don’t know left from right these days.

7 hours ago, CJGJ said:

His record is just okay as a striker

He got a big move in 2016 and it did not seem to work out nor his move to Sheffield United last season so he still has things to prove

Our Assistant Manager has seen him at close quarters so you'd like to think we have a pretty good idea of his talents but it's the type of signing you hope will work out.

I'd imagine his wages will be pretty high at our level so lets look on the positive side and be happy we have boosted the squad in one of the areas that needed some improvement

You say his move didn’t work out, however he was deemed good enough to play 35-40 games in the 3 seasons prior to last in the Championship, so he was clearly viewed as an integral part of the associated teams. Even last season he still played 20 games. He’s also been deemed to be playing well enough to amass 20 caps over the same period.

He may not have been prolific on the goal scoring front; but then, if he had he wouldn’t be coming to Hearts.

Not saying that he is guaranteed to be a success here, however outside of Naismith and maybe Berra, he’s probably the highest calibre signing we’ll have made since Admin...on a par with Lafferty.

William H. Bonney
7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I’ve never heard of him either. Hopefully he’s better than his stats suggest. 

27 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

He doesn’t score many goals though 

Neither does Boyle from Hibs 

Still a threat and decent player 

1 hour ago, Mr Benn said:

QPR fans were not disappointed to see him go. 

Norwich fans weren’t disappointed to see Naismith go...could apply to lots of players.

Thats our market. Getting decent players who are out of favour and trying to get the best out of them.

gashauskis9
3 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

I’ve never heard of him either. Hopefully he’s better than his stats suggest. 

Seems to be NI’s main striker at the moment.  Laff can’t get a sniff.

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It can't be that long until O'Neil gets fed up with international football, too. He feels a bit like a Hearts manager in waiting, especially as long as McPhee's with us.

Think the £1m a year will be keeping him happy.

Portable Badger
8 hours ago, graygo said:

Have we ever had someone called Conor who was any good?

Jimmy Connor(s) ?

CloustonHMFC

So yesterday folk were moaning about lack of transfer activity and today it seems as if this will be our transfer business:

In - White (yes signed end of last season but he was always a signing for the coming season), Halkett, Naismith, Walker, Washington and probably one more maybe two depending on Djoum.

Out - Sammon, Martin and Vanecek

All in all, it’s shaping up to be a good window for us.

AlphonseCapone

I'd never heard of him until JKB either. I guess I should quit football now. 

Based on what two of our resident NI fans have said though, sounds like a very promising signing. 

tartofmidlothian
3 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

So yesterday folk were moaning about lack of transfer activity and today it seems as if this will be our transfer business:

In - White (yes signed end of last season but he was always a signing for the coming season), Halkett, Naismith, Walker, Washington and probably one more maybe two depending on Djoum.

Out - Sammon, Martin and Vanecek

All in all, it’s shaping up to be a good window for us.

Out - Sammon, Martin, Vanecek, Hughes, Shaugnnessey, Mitchell.

Still a good summer's work. :thumbsup:

Allowayjambo1874

Sheffield United mate who is a season ticket holder says he’s hard working, very fast and has no touch at all. Was their 5th pick striker last season.

Might be a Wayne Foster type. 

CloustonHMFC
Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

Out - Sammon, Martin, Vanecek, Hughes, Shaugnnessey, Mitchell.

Still a good summer's work. :thumbsup:

I wasn’t really counting Shaughnessey and Mitchell cause they were only loans and we wouldn’t have been paying a huge amount of their wages.

40 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

The WW plan.  White and Wallace.  That was great.  Scored for fun.

Be great to see it back.

copa-mundial

Certainly caught my attention, reading this news this morning. 

I would be very happy if we get this one over the line. Good pedigree at club and international level. Great age as well at 27. 

Looking like a very decent start for the ink on paper at Tynecastle 

Just now, clouston1992 said:

I wasn’t really counting Shaughnessey and Mitchell cause they were only loans and we wouldn’t have been paying a huge amount of their wages.

Wonder what's going to happen to Mitchell.  Looks like a busted flush which is a shame.

Enzo Chiefo
7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

There are 3/4 million reasons why that is unlikely.

Michael O'Neill will end up as a Championship manager after this qualifying tournament and hopefully finals.

Exactly. Even if money was no object, he wouldn't come to us, as things stand.

What a great achievement that would be to get NI to another finals. Tough group but what a great start.

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Sheffield United mate who is a season ticket holder says he’s hard working, very fast and has no touch at all. Was their 5th pick striker last season.

Might be a Wayne Foster type. 

Naismith and Lafferty both couldn’t get a look in towards the end of their time in the championship, based on that I’m hopeful he’ll be decent for us. 

8 hours ago, martoon said:

That winner at ER in 1984...

:clyay:

CL got the equalizer. Wonderful day for us; complete opposite for the emailing scuttlers. 

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

My first derby. Can't believe it was 35 year ago

Mine too!

image.png.fae79ae6bae4f8b74386b9a1db8b25f3.png

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Wonder what's going to happen to Mitchell.  Looks like a busted flush which is a shame.

Still got a year on his United contract although I’d suspect they’ll maybe look to get rid of him if or when he’s fully fit again. Probably end up on loan at some League 1 team and do ok. 

Allowayjambo1874
1 minute ago, clouston1992 said:

Naismith and Lafferty both couldn’t get a look in towards the end of their time in the championship, based on that I’m hopeful he’ll be decent for us. 

Hope so too, given the blades have just been promoted to EPL reckon standards at Bramall is way higher than us at present.

I put this up on the transfer thread a few weeks ago, apparently been speaking to him since the last NI international. Definitely something in this. Walker and Washington possibly announced next week?