Conor Washington signs for Hearts ( updated )

tartofmidlothian

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Something like this as a possible line up

1759791_Heart_Of_Midlothian.jpgwe would get absolutly rinsed with that line up, far far far too narrow 

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Beast Boy

• Absolute Scenes

Saint Jambo
9 hours ago, Barack said:

Sorry...

Happy if we sign him, but just have to say some absolutely awful defending in that video. Some those fresh air swipes and misjudged headers wouldn't look out of place in the Sunday league.

5 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

Washington and Walker would both drift wide though.Its a 433/4231formation with Naismith playing in the hole

Edited by vegas-voss

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Halkett not in the team? 

:wow:

I just feel Berra will start the season as main choice not that I don't rate Halkett

Captain Canada
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Halkett not in the team? 

I did not think Halkett should expect to walk straight into the team. We look a better team playing four at the back, especially if we're signing two wingers. 

I think he might have to be patient to become a regular starter. 

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Washington and Walker would both drift wide though.Its a 433 formation with Naismith playing in the hole

Will play 3 at the back I reckon.

zlamal

souttar Berra halkett

smith Djoum (if signing) haring mulraney

naimsmith Walker/washington

uche 

TyphoonJambo
12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

1759791_Heart_Of_Midlothian.jpg

Honking, sorry but that midfield is too narrow and weak. Good players, wrong formation for me. 

Portable Badger
7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

How do two teams romp the same league?

Ask Man City and Liverpool

5 minutes ago, karipidis said:

zlamal

souttar Berra halkett

smith Djoum (if signing) haring mulraney

naimsmith Walker/washington

uche 

I've been thinking it'll be similar to that  but I've not saw halkett play much .. is he left footed ?

Just now, jambocub said:

I've been thinking it'll be similar to that  but I've not saw halkett play much .. is he left footed ?

Played in the middle of a 3 for Livingston but very good with the ball at his feet, having seen the issues with Berra on the left of a 3 it seems to make sense to play Halkett there. Should give good protection to Mulraney. 

CloustonHMFC
11 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Zlamal

Souttar Berra Halkett

Smith Naismith Haring Mulraney

Walker

Uche Washington

That’s probably how we’ll line up I reckon 

8 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

Naismith and Washington?? Really?? Two lads with international experience and proven at this level, joke, expect more from Levein.  As for Walker and Halkett, another two players who have a proven track record as SPL standouts. shite signings :leveinnaturalorder:

Impressive what CL is doing it is up top where we need improvement 

But for me what needs to change is more positivity away from home and to stop changing system every week 

We are building a good squad and some good youngsters coming through think we may surprise a few this year 

Jambof3tornado

Halkett in to play 3 at the back with Berra inbetween him and Soapy.

Makes us better than last season already.

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Ask Man City and Liverpool

That is the exact opposite of ‘romped’.

Better asking Robbie Neilson.  

25 minutes ago, Barack said:

Halkett not in the team? 

So Djoum definitely gone then....?

25 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Impressive what CL is doing it is up top where we need improvement 

But for me what needs to change is more positivity away from home and to stop changing system every week 

We are building a good squad and some good youngsters coming through think we may surprise a few this year 

Yup the switching players in and out didnt help at all and before anyone jumps in about injuries there were plenty times where someone had a good game, was fit to play but still got benched.

A settled line up is a must.

If we get this lad in, Naismith on a permanent, 1 more attacking midfielder and a new keeper then we have a very strong starting 11 for this league.

Hopefully this goes through. Starting to get excited for the new season now.

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Uche

Walker      Washington 

Naismith 

That diamond would strike fear in spfl defenses 

Ikpeazu

Walker       Naismith

Mulraney                           Washington

:ruiner:

Having Uche, Mulraney and Washington able to carry the ball and make fast runs could make us very dangerous on the counter attack next season, assuming of course he signs.

spirt of 98

Am sure Craigy will burden him with too much defensive responsibilities and hamper his attacking flare. 

7 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Ikpeazu

Walker       Naismith

Mulraney                           Washington

:ruiner:

Having Uche, Mulraney and Washington able to carry the ball and make fast runs could make us very dangerous on the counter attack next season, assuming of course he signs.

Jimmy Calderwood style, 5 up?!

:whistling:

David McCaig
23 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Halkett in to play 3 at the back with Berra inbetween him and Soapy.

Makes us better than last season already.

The only problems with a back 3 is that we don't have any wing backs at the club!!!

Mulraney can't defend and Smith offers next to nothing going forward.

Can I just point out that he didnt score a single goal last season in 15 outings. 
That doest seem great for a 'striker'!

I dont know the guy, so I am wondering what are people excited about? - honest question!

Edited by sim
typo

6 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Am sure Craigy will burden him with too much defensive responsibilities and hamper his attacking flare. 

You mean defending from the front when we don't have the ball? The horror! :lol:

Mr Elwood P
16 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

If we get this lad in, Naismith on a permanent, 1 more attacking midfielder and a new keeper then we have a very strong starting 11 for this league.

If Djoum leaves we need a central midfielder to replace him instead of an attacking mid. Depending on formation (3-4-3 / 3-5-2 / 4-2-3-1) all of the following players can play as forwards or an attacking midfielder:

Naismith 

Clare

Mulraney

Walker 

Morrison

McDonald 

Lee

Washington

Wighton

We have both, quality and cover in that position.  

AlphonseCapone
54 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

No offence but that's awful. Too narrow, and any team that requires Walker to work hard and track back is doomed to fail. Hickey would get absolutely beasted every week. 

132goals1958
59 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Naismith and Lafferty both couldn’t get a look in towards the end of their time in the championship, based on that I’m hopeful he’ll be decent for us. 

Agree. Greg Stewart didn’t exactly hit it of down South. Gary Hooper scored goals for fun up here but his career has taken a downward trajectory since joining Norwich. I am sure there are others who fall into the same category. 

HotelMikeFoxtrotCharlie

Promising signing as played at a good level, and international experience! Hopefully is played in correct position! 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, sim said:

Can I just point out that he didnt score a single goal last season in 15 outings. 
That doest seem great for a 'striker'!

I dont know the guy, so I am wondering what are people excited about? - honest question!

He isn't an out and out striker. He can play that role but he's more effective playing off another striker.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

No offence but that's awful. Too narrow, and any team that requires Walker to work hard and track back is doomed to fail. Hickey would get absolutely beasted every week. 

Flatten the attacking three into

a 4-2-3-1 formation and that’s how Neilson set us up for most of the Championship season. Walker played then ...

4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

And that’s before we even start to discuss Ryan Edwards.

Gene Parmesan
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Ryan Edwards :rofl:

Still think we need to lose a few players to keep the squad trim and competitive. Cochrane, MacDonald, Irvine and Morrison will all be looking for first team football, maybe a few loans from that list. Lee, Bozanic, Wighton, Edwards and Clare will all be looking for first team football as well, don’t think loans will on the cards for them apart from Wighton maybe. 

AlphonseCapone
11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Flatten the attacking three into

a 4-2-3-1 formation and that’s how Neilson set us up for most of the Championship season. Walker played then ...

Maybe so, but in the Championship season we were superior to most of the other teams and were constantly on the front foot. It is isn't like that in the top league and even games at Tynie where we are favourites we will have spells on the back foot. 

Also, Mulraney deserves to start over any new signings. I think that's only right given the way he improved over the course of the season. 

probs get beasted for this and i am not a football manager but i think it may be something like this

image.png.abc39db4845221297586002ad7f43ef8.png

now im going to run away and await the abuse haha. Also personally i would like to see Mulraney keep his place and hickey given a good run in the team but have to understand he is only 16

Edited by gov

Absolute Scenes
37 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

No new keeper

CloustonHMFC
5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Still think we need to lose a few players to keep the squad trim and competitive. Cochrane, MacDonald, Irvine and Morrison will all be looking for first team football, maybe a few loans from that list. Lee, Bozanic, Wighton, Edwards and Clare will all be looking for first team football as well, don’t think loans will on the cards for them apart from Wighton maybe. 

Lee Edwards and Bozanic are not going to be in our 11 unless absolutely necessary. Think we’ll give Cochrane more game time this year, especially if Djoum goes. I’m still to be convinced McDonald will make the cut but we’ll see. The rest of the youngster will be given game time this season I think. 

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, gov said:

probs get beasted for this and i am not a football manager but i wouldn't mind something like this  

now im going to run away and await the abuse haha 

If we’re playing with wing backs we don’t need wingers, not convinced White will do the job of a WB either. Think Mulraney will have that position if we set up that way and White/Hickey if we’re playing with a back 4. Other than a few tweaks of position it’s pretty much what I’d go for. 

CloustonHMFC
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

No new keeper

If the right keeper becomes available, we’ll sign one. We’re not going to rush into getting a keeper though and for that reason, the management will say we don’t need one so not to destroy confidence if we don’t get one. 

1 minute ago, gov said:

probs get beasted for this and i am not a football manager but i wouldn't mind something like this  

now im going to run away and await the abuse haha 

Ach, generally you tend to find the folk who would have a pop, are no experts themselves, and end up just as far away with their assertions of how we should set up and play. Formations are fluid these days anyway, often the numerical lay out prior to kick off is no more than where they stand before the game starts. People get far too obsessed with formations.

3 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Lee Edwards and Bozanic are not going to be in our 11 unless absolutely necessary. Think we’ll give Cochrane more game time this year, especially if Djoum goes. I’m still to be convinced McDonald will make the cut but we’ll see. The rest of the youngster will be given game time this season I think. 

I don’t think Cochrane will feature as heavily as people think, most of the games he featured in last season past him by. 

CloustonHMFC
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I don’t think Cochrane will feature as heavily as people think, most of the games he featured in last season past him by. 

He had a lot of problems with niggly injuries and growing pains etc last season tho’. If they’re now behind him then he’ll be looking for more game time and he’ll get it tbh. Not saying he’ll feature that heavily but more than last season. 

Edited by clouston1992

41 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

:sterb032:

heartsfc_fan

Looks to have a good pedigree.

From the video he looks pacy - something we're lacking.

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Homme said:

I've never heard of him.

Is he good?

33 goals for Peterborough in 2 years before joining QPR for £2.5m Mainly a sub for QPR before a year at newly promoted Sheff Utd and not used much there.  Based on Peterborough and his international form there is massive potential in the lad.  

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

33 goals for Peterborough in 2 years before joining QPR for £2.5m Mainly a sub for QPR before a year at newly promoted Sheff Utd and not used much there.  Based on Peterborough and his international form there is massive potential in the lad.  

There are no guarantees but he looks as promising a player as we can get I think.