Lawrence Shankland Signs fir Dundee Utd ( updated )

letsalldothebeattie

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Must be a mistake like the mistake they made in the Mulraney article with the number of goals.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Sagan

• Mikey1874

• YouLetYourClubDie

After I saw the result and laughed my arse off I had a read of the match report and he started and going by the report nearly scored a worldie 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Most disturbing news from that United game,  there is another ****ing BEATON on the go

:muggy:

Alex Kintner
21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We talking about the same Shankland...Scottish striker, plays for Dundee Utd...guaranteed to be SPL top goalscorer if he ever makes it back to the top flight...nicknamed “Henrik” by every defender who has ever played against him...gets regular phone calls from Harry Kane begging for striking tips...that Shankland?

Can’t be. Lawrence “Shearer” Shankland would have scored at least a hat-trick against a team of part-timers.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by To Be Frank

14 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

We talking about the same Shankland...Scottish striker, plays for Dundee Utd...guaranteed to be SPL top goalscorer if he ever makes it back to the top flight...nicknamed “Henrik” by every defender who has ever played against him...gets regular phone calls from Harry Kane begging for striking tips...that Shankland?

Can’t be. Lawrence “Shearer” Shankland would have scored at least a hat-trick against a team of part-timers.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Ooh you're a cheeky one.

The Treasurer
10 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Most disturbing news from that United game,  there is another ****ing BEATON on the go

:muggy:

That has just sent a shiver down my spine

• 2 weeks later...

Still annoyed we didn't take a chance on him. I imagine there will be a long queue of clubs offering United big money next summer.

To those who say having a natural (penalty box) goalscorer doesn't suit our style of play, I would question our style of play.

been here before
4 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Still annoyed we didn't take a chance on him. I imagine there will be a long queue of clubs offering United big money next summer.

To those who say having a natural (penalty box) goalscorer doesn't suit our style of play, I would question our style of play.

There wasnt a big queue offering Ayr big money this summer.

Theres 12 teams in our top division none of whom thought he was worth taking a punt on, nor any down south. Theres better things to save your annoyance for.

Hungry hippo

Think we all know the arguments for and against Shankland. Must have read them 100 times today. Not sure there is much more anyone can add.

‘A masterclass in finishing...’ John Robertson said of Shankland today.  Robbie has a great acquisition there in my opinion.

odd choice of club given the rumours about who may have been interested, but must’ve been reasons on both sides for his eventual choice. 

Be interesting to see how he gets on as the season progresses, but I suspect he may prove very valuable to them. 

He’s not a hearts player though, so I’m afraid that’s as far as my ‘interest ‘ goes 

On 23/07/2019 at 22:57, To Be Frank said:

🤷🏻‍♂️

Frank, we should have signed him, stop acting the arse with belittling pish.

Unknown user
Just now, Five to One said:

Why we didn’t take a punt on him beggars belief. 

Every single club on the planet except Dundee United is in the same boat, so maybe we shouldn't act like it's particularly lax of Hearts.

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Five to One said:

He scores goals. Can't have a striker at Hearts that does that

been here before
22 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He scores goals. Can't have a striker at Hearts that does that

Or at Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs, Celtic, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Hamilton, St Johnstone, Inverness, Ross County, Motherwell, Livingston...

ford donald
29 minutes ago, Five to One said:

Manager's mistake again,he seemingly know's better! aye right.The strikers we sign lucky to get a goal between them.

2 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

He signed for another team. Move on 

Not as long as they can use it to have yet another go at our manager, totally ignoring the fact that no premiership club wanted him and he failed totally the last time he was in the top flight. 

Scored 4 goals for Dundee United today, just in case anyone is wondering why this thread has been bumped! :lol:

Let's see what he gets over the course of the season. If he keeps it up, signing for Hearts will be low on his list of priorities! 

Rocky jamboa

He surely deserves a chance in a bigger league. Surprised no SPL clubs, including us, or even a championship/first division club down south didn't take a punt on him. 

I wonder if there is something in the background with him. 

Maroon Sailor
23 minutes ago, been here before said:

Or at Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs, Celtic, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Hamilton, St Johnstone, Inverness, Ross County, Motherwell, Livingston...

Must be shit then as not one of those teams signed him

Edited by Maroon Sailor

been here before
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Must be shit then

Well those are your words and I cant see anyone else saying that.

Its odd though that not one of the countrys top teams or anyone from England fancied him and he endrd up at Dundee Utd.

I guess you can see something that they cant.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Its odd though that not one of the countrys top teams or anyone from England fancied him and he endrd up at Dundee Utd.

Wee Robbo doesn't rate him either ......

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, been here before said:

My words based on your expert analysis

been here before
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Wee Robbo doesn't rate him either ......

Thatll be why he never went for him then.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, been here before said:

Thatll be why he never went for him then.

Oh aye that'll be it

been here before

My words based on your expert analysis

Its not "analysis" its a fact thats plain to see. He's at Dundee Utd, first division stuff. No team in the top league went and signed him.

What bit are you struggling with there?

Maroon Sailor

Its not "analysis" its a fact thats plain to see. He's at Dundee Utd, first division stuff. No team in the top league went and signed him.

You know all the details of why he is at Dundee United do you ?

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, been here before said:

I'm struggling to think why you are trying to justify no team in the top league went and signed him ?

What are you trying to say about him ?

Do you think he would struggle to score goals for Hearts or do you just dismiss him as pish because no other top team came in for him ?

been here before
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I'm struggling to think why you are trying to justify no team in the top league went and signed him ?

Do you think he would struggle to score goals for Hearts or do you just dismiss him as pish because no other top team came in for him ?

Im not trying to "justify" anything.

Lets put it this way not one team in the top division signed him. You just think thats a coincidence?

He went frim one 1st division team to another. Why do you think that is?

Ive got no idea if he would struggle at Hearts or anywhere else for that matter but the people who do know at Heaers and all the othe OL clubs seem to think he might.

And like it or not it them who make the decisions, not me and in all honesty Ill take their opinions over yours.

He's not a Hearts player, get over it.

What's the ****ing point in arguing about it? 

He went to Dundee United. Every single other top flight club, and probably lots of others, would have had a look at him and decided "nah" for one reason or another. 

He might turn out to be one hell of a player and he might turn out to be going through the purple patch of his life.  We just don't know, and we, more than anyone else, should know that scoring goals in the Championship does not mean scoring goals in the Premiership.  We had plenty of players who did not handle the step up, only a few short years ago! 

I don't have any regrets about us not going for him. We've managed to get Naismith on a 4 year deal, which is better than 4 Shanklands as far as I'm concerned. 

Tommy Brown
4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It's pointless arguing,  CL has decided he's not for us.

think Sutton, Wyness.

very similar, incredibly similar.

too slow, decent players.

I think the same as you, make them fit into the team.

CL has forgotten more about football tha you and I will ever know accmilated.

been here before
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

He went to Dundee United. Every single other top flight club, and probably lots of others, would have had a look at him and decided "nah" for one reason or another. 

He might turn out to be one hell of a player and he might turn out to be going through the purple patch of his life.  We just don't know, and we, more than anyone else, should know that scoring goals in the Championship does not mean scoring goals in the Premiership.  We had plenty of players who did not handle the step up, only a few short years ago! 

I don't have any regrets about us not going for him. We've managed to get Naismith on a 4 year deal, which is better than 4 Shanklands as far as I'm concerned. 

Easy now you'll have Maroon Sailor after you...

31 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

He surely deserves a chance in a bigger league. Surprised no SPL clubs, including us, or even a championship/first division club down south didn't take a punt on him. 

I wonder if there is something in the background with him. 

We took a punt on the likes of Martin, Wighton and Bikey. Just let that sink in. 

Quite why we wouldn’t take a punt on This lad is baffling. Unless he has personal issues it’s crazy not to 

Just now, been here before said:

I think I can handle that :lol:

JKB is one hell of a place sometimes! 

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Naismith is obviously a major coup but we can sign more players than Naismith

been here before
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

We took a punt on the likes of Martin, Wighton and Bikey. Just let that sink in. 

Quite why we wouldn’t take a punt on This lad is baffling. Unless he has personal issues it’s crazy not to 

Because we've already taken a punt on Martin, Wightonand Bikey?  Ill also throw in Vanacek for free. How many more 'punts' would be acceptable?

Edited by been here before

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Naismith is obviously a major coup but we can sign more players than Naismith

And I hope we do!  

I'm not going to cry over spilt Shankland though :)

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im not trying to "justify" anything.

Lets put it this way not one team in the top division signed him. You just think thats a coincidence?

He went frim one 1st division team to another. Why do you think that is?

Ive got no idea if he would struggle at Hearts or anywhere else for that matter but the people who do know at Heaers and all the othe OL clubs seem to think he might.

And like it or not it them who make the decisions, not me and in all honesty Ill take their opinions over yours.

He's not a Hearts player, get over it.

You get over it - he scored 4 goals today.

Wee Robbo said it was a masterclass in finishing so I'll take his opinion rather than yours 

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Oh dry your eyes big boy

You get over it - he scored 4 goals today.

Wee Robbo said it was a masterclass in finishing so I'll take his opinion rather than yours 

I scored 11 goals at 5s last Monday night. 

Want me up front? :rofl:

Maroon Sailor

Because we've already taken a punt on Martin, Wighton, Bikey and Ill tjrow in Vanacek for free. How many more 'punts' would be acceptable?

All prolific goal scorers them like

Maroon Sailor
Just now, tian447 said:

I scored 11 goals at 5s last Monday night. 

Want me up front? :rofl:

Nah no top team came in for you

Because we've already taken a punt on Martin, Wightonand Bikey?  Ill also throw in Vanacek for free. How many more 'punts' would be acceptable?

We are in that kind of market which CL has already confirmed. Win some , lose some.

I think this lad would of been worth a punt

Nah no top team came in for you

Just like wee Shankland then :whistling:

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Scored about 2 goals between them ffs