• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• The Internet

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
On 27/07/2019 at 20:55, vegas-voss said:

He is also on £500k a week at Real so again nobody else is going to shell out those wages other than a Chinese team.

He'd be struggling by on about £300k if he went to the EPL, imagine the horror. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He'd be struggling by on about £300k if he went to the EPL, imagine the horror. 

I know us in the real world can only dream but that's the reality with these guys 

24 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

I hope Real continue to make an absolute ***** out of Bale. 

The boy has been there for ,what, 6 years, and hasn't even bothered to try and learn Spanish! How does he expect to be treated? Hmmmmmm, maybe with the same contempt as he's treated them?

TwigTheWonderKid
4 minutes ago, Gav M said:

The boy has been there for ,what, 6 years, and hasn't even bothered to try and learn Spanish! How does he expect to be treated? Hmmmmmm, maybe with the same contempt as he's treated them?

You can YouTube interviews of him being asked questions in Spanish and him answering. I'm not sure what level his Spanish is at but I don't think it's accurate to say he hasn't bothered to learn any

TwigTheWonderKid
17 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Can't believe Juve are willing to let Moise Kean go.

On the verge of signing for Everton for £29m, 36m with add on's. Great signing for them. 

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, Gav M said:

They gave him a new six year contract after he had been there three years.  I’m supposing that they didn’t negotiate the improved deal in Spanish and knew he couldn’t speak the lingo, perhaps it was because he was red hot then that they didn’t give a shit he hadn’t learnt Spanish now all of a sudden it’s a massive disrespect? 

1 minute ago, TwigTheWonderKid said:

On the verge of signing for Everton for £29m, 36m with add on's. Great signing for them. 

Incredible when you see the fees for other players.Dont know why Juve didn't just loan him out for two season with a 15m fee or something if they are planning to buy him back at some point.

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

They gave him a new six year contract after he had been there three years.  I’m supposing that they didn’t negotiate the improved deal in Spanish and knew he couldn’t speak the lingo, perhaps it was because he was red hot then that they didn’t give a shit he hadn’t learnt Spanish now all of a sudden it’s a massive disrespect? 

Or maybe the expectation was there that, as he was going to be there for a number more years, he would try to learn the language to make things easier with his team mates. 

Also, management etc change as do expectations, my comment wouldn't just relate to Bale, but any professional moving to another country to work. At least try to learn the language, show that, even though you might not get it, you are at least making an effort.

It's not as if he doesn't have the money or time to invest in this. Others seem to manage perfectly fine.

18 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Or maybe the expectation was there that, as he was going to be there for a number more years, he would try to learn the language to make things easier with his team mates. 

Also, management etc change as do expectations, my comment wouldn't just relate to Bale, but any professional moving to another country to work. At least try to learn the language, show that, even though you might not get it, you are at least making an effort.

It's not as if he doesn't have the money or time to invest in this. Others seem to manage perfectly fine.

Aguero...over 8 years in England and still cannot speak English

This is not about language, this is about a manager who has fallen out with a very highly paid player and whose club leak tales from time to time to make him seem the guilty party

SuperstarSteve

Madrid fans treat all their players like rubbish as far as am concerned. 

Doesn’t matter who you are and what you’ve achieved with them they will boo you out of the building. 

They done it way both Ronaldos they done it way Zidane, Raul, now bale and they will do it with hazard it’s what they do. 

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, Gav M said:

They simply want to punt him because he’s not as valuable to them as he once was.  That’s my opinion.  Why would there be an expectation that he would learn the language more than he had bothered the three years he was there then they doubled his wages?  Maybe it’s overhead kicks in champions league finals and not because he told them he was going to spend the extra money on Rebecca Loos and a Bibliobus. 

Inch Hearts
10 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Madrid fans treat all their players like rubbish as far as am concerned. 

Doesn’t matter who you are and what you’ve achieved with them they will boo you out of the building. 

They done it way both Ronaldos they done it way Zidane, Raul, now bale and they will do it with hazard it’s what they do. 

They are absolute weapons.  

SuperstarSteve
13 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

They are absolute weapons.  

Never understood them. No need whatsoever but as the saying goes, fans are fickle. 

rudi must stay

Moise Kean to Everton for £36 million

Interesting one, he is highly rated on Football Manager. From what I've seen of him he's a very quick poacher

At 19 the rewards could be big for Everton

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Not a transfer but Boyle our till new year - big miss for Hibs. 

Great news, clearly rushed him back 😃

The Internet

Adam Webster going for £25m from a championship club is pretty eyebrow raising even in this banter era of transfer fees. 

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

Scotland going to have a £20 million player in squad soon with Swansea reported to be accepting Sheffield United bid for McBurnie. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Scotland going to have a £20 million player in squad soon with Swansea reported to be accepting Sheffield United bid for McBurnie. 

Who plays like a 500k player.

jamboinglasgow
15 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I know people scoff at him, but I think he can do well at Sheffield United. The fee is crazy but in the current market it is not surprising for a player who is one of the top scorers in the championship (scoring 22 goals.) Che Adams went to Southampton this summer from Birmingham for £15m and is the same age and scored the same number of goals last season.

As we come into the last week of the Premier league transfer window, will be interesting to see movement for Scottish players. From all I am reading in recent days, it appears that Arsenal should get Tierney in time for around £25m. I am also surprised no clubs have gone in for Ryan Fraser. 

Jim Whyte casual racism fail on SSN. Talking about Koscielny leaving Arsenal and being told that the French window closes on the 2nd September, not the 8th August.

The bold Jim goes “Its not like the French to be different.” Totalling forgetting that it’s the EPL who moved the window forward to match their league starting, after their managers moaned about it.

FFS the other leagues in England are still the 2nd September!!

15 minutes ago, hawaii said:

Jim Whyte casual racism fail on SSN. Talking about Koscielny leaving Arsenal and being told that the French window closes on the 2nd September, not the 8th August.

The bold Jim goes “Its not like the French to be different.” Totalling forgetting that it’s the EPL who moved the window forward to match their league starting, after their managers moaned about it.

FFS the other leagues in England are still the 2nd September!!

Terrible show that one.

Shouty man main presenter.So far up Liverpool's arse it is cringe radio.

Bob Mills unfunny comic.

Ex failed Palace Chairman telling all how to run a club.

7 minutes ago, benny said:

Terrible show that one.

Shouty man main presenter.So far up Liverpool's arse it is cringe radio.

Bob Mills unfunny comic.

Ex failed Palace Chairman telling all how to run a club.

Quite like Simon Jordan tbh

However Natalie Sawyer is now a permanent fixture with Jim Whyte going forward during his show. 

Her voice alone gives me a permanent fixture 😍

Juve need to have look at themselves if they are really thinking of a Dybala Lukaku swap.... United would need to provide about 60 million plus the player. 

2 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Juve need to have look at themselves if they are really thinking of a Dybala Lukaku swap.... United would need to provide about 60 million plus the player. 

Utd will receive cash plus player according to radio just now. 

37 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Utd will receive cash plus player according to radio just now. 

Utterly bizarre. 

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

I was listening to a guy on the Jim White show, I think, yesterday. And he was saying Juve are trying to disrupt Conte at Inter Milan. 

Was watching Tifo on youtube, they have a series called sensible transfers. The one I watched  focused on Juventus and it mentioned that one of their main strategies is to weaken opponents in the transfer market  Given thats their mentality it doesn't sound too far off the money that this is what they would do. 

If you look here, https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/juventus-turin/transfers/verein/506 a lot of their key players come from other Serie A clubs (usually rivals, Roma and Napoli have lost big names to them in recent seasons).

I'll never understand the mentality of selling to a rival. Us caving to allow Lafferty to go to the huns annoyed me. 

Southend United are delighted to announce the signing of Joe Shaughnessy.

Joe has put pen to paper on a one-year deal with an option of a second year.

The 27-year-old centre back left Scottish Premiership side St Johnstone, where he was captain, after four years this summer.

Shaughnessy has previously played for Aberdeen, as well as on loan for Forfar Athletic and Falkirk, and represented the Republic of Ireland U21 side at international level.

IveSeenTheLight

Rumours that McKenna is about to leave early next week with Jimmy Dunne a potential replacement.

What were you guys thoughts on Dunne when he was with you?

3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Rumours that McKenna is about to leave early next week with Jimmy Dunne a potential replacement.

Caught out badly against celtic and Rangers and playing the ball out , solid defender outwith the OF games

William H. Bonney
8 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Good defender. 

18 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Good player but still learning the game as made mistakes. Was solid in the home derby game. Much better player than our other loan signing shaughnessy afterwards 

On 31/07/2019 at 21:19, VALDOS' said:

Utterly bizarre. 

Juve transfer policy is mental just now.Letting go of one of the best young strikers in the world for only £27m then swapping Dybala for Lukaku with cash going Utds way.

24 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You will be getting a better player in Dunne

Edited by vegas-voss

2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Great business for Aberdeen. Dunne is better than McKenna imo. Getting to cash in on McKenna and then again in the future for Dunne is very good going. 

The Internet
5 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Olli lee’s Instagram - is that hinting he’s going back to Luton? 

No chance he gets a game in the championship. 

43 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Olli lee’s Instagram - is that hinting he’s going back to Luton? 

They have James Collins and shinnie in their team so why not. His brother is still there

53 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

They have James Collins and shinnie in their team so why not. His brother is still there

His manager at Luton is at Stoke now so you would think that would be more likely. But agree he isn't Championship standard. 

Edited by Mikey1874

31 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Listening to Off The Ball, Sat 3rd Aug, and Cosgrove just said that Rowan Vine is the agent for Stevie May. And they thought they had completed the deal, but Vine asked for a bigger signing on fee.

That partly explains why Tommy Wright was so annoyed,

I see there close to signing Kane Hemmings, would expect him to be a good signing 

Samuel Camazzola

The Bale situation has teed him up to be one of the marquee signings for Beckham's Miami team who join the MLS next season. 

I wouldn't write of Messi or Ronaldo heading there too. 

Celtic are understood to be close to selling defender Jozo Simunovic after the Croatian defender reportedly agreed personal terms with French side Lille.

The Ligue 1 team have been monitoring the former Dinamo Zagreb centre-back since summer last year, and are understood to have made an offer of around £5 million in June 2018, and a new bid of around £4 million last month.

With Tierney and Ajar also attracting interest as well as another one or two they will have money to burn in Scottish Terms

Edited by CJGJ