***Official Non-Hearts Summer 2019 Transfer Thread***

tartofmidlothian

7 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Omeonga signs for Brugge

I was half-hoping we'd swoop for him before the window slammed shut...

Pleased that he hasn’t gone back to Hibs 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• The Internet

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Internet

Pretty sure if certain folk on here looked at Joelinton's stats they'd be underwhelmed if he was signing for us. But here he is going to Newcastle for 40m. 

39 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Out of that lot I would say us, Aberdeen and Rangers have had the best windows so far, especially with Naismith and at least one midfielder to come for us.

No idea what Celtic are up to. The quality of their signings and the money they're spending on players has reduced significantly. They are definitely vulnerable to a challenge from Rangers this season. Are they cutting costs? Clearly they have no intention of doing anything in Europe this year.

Killie have signed virtually no-one, could be a tough return to earth for them.

Hibs look weaker. If they get anywhere near our injuries last season they'll be totally screwed. :) 

Motherwell look solid and could take Hibs or Killie's place in the top 6 this year, and win best new signing name with Casper Sloth

Celtic weaker for losing Scott Allan. 

19 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

They are signing Stevie May and an Estonian defender. But they have real problems in defence and were apparently poor against Ross County. At this stage (and I can be proved wrong, look at Livi last season who I thought would be rooted to the bottom but did better) but I think bottom six will be Kilmarnock, Livingston, St Johnstone, Ross County, St Mirren and Hamilton. 

They were all over Ross County in the first half, scored an early penalty & totally in control of the game. County then equalised right on the stroke of HT then all confidence disappeared from St Johnstone. County won the game with probably their 2nd shot on target but St Johnstone collapsed in the 2nd half. If they had been more clinical up front, this game would've been put to bed by HT. 

Oxford United were in for Chris Cadden earlier in the summer but were put off by having to pay a development fee for him.

He’s signed for Columbus Crew today and then just signed for Oxford United from them on a season long loan...

Snide.

Edited by Zaba

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Zaba said:

Oxford United were in for Chris Cadden earlier in the summer but were put off by having to pay a development fee for him.

He’s signed for Columbus Crew today and then just signed for Oxford United from them on a season long loan...

Snide.

Reminds me of a player Leicester City were after but the development fee would be in the millions (George Hirst from Sheffield Wednesday.) Leicester in the end did not sign him, but a second tier Belgian club OH Leuven did for a fraction of the price due to development being much less for international movement. Funnily enough this Belgian club just happened to be owned by the same company (King Power group) who owned Leicester city. And this summer he moved to Leicester city.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Reminds me of a player Leicester City were after but the development fee would be in the millions (George Hirst from Sheffield Wednesday.) Leicester in the end did not sign him, but a second tier Belgian club OH Leuven did for a fraction of the price due to development being much less for international movement. Funnily enough this Belgian club just happened to be owned by the same company (King Power group) who owned Leicester city. And this summer he moved to Leicester city.

Isn't that how we could get Clare as well?

22 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I did not know that about Clare, I thought we basically paid off his development fee. 

It's just that that fee wasn't that much. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's just that that fee wasn't that much. 

the same way celtic got dembele for a steal

tartofmidlothian
5 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Pretty sure if certain folk on here looked at Joelinton's stats they'd be underwhelmed if he was signing for us. But here he is going to Newcastle for 40m. 

Bit of a **** you to Benitez. He looks shit, mind you.

tartofmidlothian
4 hours ago, Zaba said:

Snide.

Cadden is a good player, but he was in a position where he's been out for a while and off everyone's radar. No-one was going to pay 280k for him and if Motherwell weren't willing to waive the fee or part of it, they were forcing a situation where his only option was to sign for them again.

Serves them right for turning down our 100k. ::troll::

Edited by tartofmidlothian

Alex Kintner
12 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Omeonga signs for Brugge

I was half-hoping we'd swoop for him before the window slammed shut...

Why?

August Landmesser
8 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Why?

I guess because he wants to live in Belgium.

Also, because he looked half-decent in the games I saw him play, Milinkovic-esque, and it would have been amusing. As I said, only half-hoped. Not going to lose sleep over it

The Internet

Callum Hudson-odoi signing a new deal at Chelsea. At least 100k a week, could be as high as 180k.

28 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

St Johnstone make moves to sign Jason Cummings

PS will Aston Villa be this coming seasons Fulham..spent over £100 million so far and not really any players of real note though of course some may well be players who can develop with them

Makes you wonder though if they are spending now before letting one of their better players go elsewhere

17 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

PS will Aston Villa be this coming seasons Fulham..spent over £100 million so far and not really any players of real note though of course some may well be players who can develop with them

Makes you wonder though if they are spending now before letting one of their better players go elsewhere

It's mental that Villa have spent that when you have the likes of Juve who have signed Aaron Ramsey, De Ligt, Buffon, Rabiot plus a few others including Pelligrini for 20m and still have a net spend of something like 40m this summer !

Alex Kintner
9 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

I guess because he wants to live in Belgium.

Also, because he looked half-decent in the games I saw him play, Milinkovic-esque, and it would have been amusing. As I said, only half-hoped. Not going to lose sleep over it

I thought he looked neat and tidy on the ball in the games against us but would I have him in the team ahead of Walker, Naismith or Mulraney...would I ‘eck 👍🏻

The talk here is that Stevie May contract talks with St Johnstone broke down so travelled straight to Dens today.

Don't know if true and obviously has zero relevance to Hearts but just if anyone was interested :lol:

The Internet

Marvelous Nakamba signs for Aston Villa. Can't help but think that's a fantastic signing. 

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Aberdeen interest in Liam Boyce of Burton Albion

Weren't we interested in him too? I really think we should be interested in someone and soon.

Gareth Bale to China now seems on again

Gareth Bale is set to leave Real Madrid to join Chinese club Jiangsu Suning on a three-year deal.

Sources close to Wales' record goalscorer confirmed reports in Spain that although not yet finalised, a move is "very close".

Sexton Hardcastle

Be amazed if this Lakaku to Juve happens.  Di Marzio usually pretty spot on but see it as a game to get Icardi cheaper.

Still not sure why United selling him. They will be top six at best next season.

Rico Quitongo who was with us for a while has signed for Dumbarton.

Danny Johnson who initially looked good at Motherwell has signed for Dundee . 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Bale is a football tart. Hope some Chinese huddy on a pittance snaps him in half. 

"Great goal in the final Gareth. You must be very happy at Real Madrid"

"No not really"

Edited by rudi must stay

rudi must stay

Jesus Vallejo signs for Wolves from Real Madrid

These signings are always interesting. Looks to be another impressive move by Wolves

17 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

"Great goal in the final Gareth. You must be very happy at Real Madrid"

"No not really"

That says more about Zidane and considering they just shipped 7 to Athletico, I wouldn't put money on him lasting the season....

1 hour ago, GYL said:

That says more about Zidane and considering they just shipped 7 to Athletico, I wouldn't put money on him lasting the season....

Bale's injuries are what cost him at Madrid.

Why isn't he going to a top club? 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He isn't a free.....unlike Ramsay for example..... How much do Real want for him,  no English team is pay 50M plus for a 30 year old injury prone footballer......therefor China  seems a good OPTION?

Just now, GYL said:

He isn't a free.....unlike Ramsay for example..... How much do Real want for him,  no English team is pay 50M plus for a 30 year old injury prone footballer......therefor China  seems a good OPTION?

He is also on £500k a week at Real so again nobody else is going to shell out those wages other than a Chinese team.

The excellent TIFO podcast were discussing in a recent episode how the huge transfer fees and contracts handed out by the elite clubs, has created a situation whereby these clubs get stuck with these players if they fail to perform, because the smaller clubs can't come close to affording them.

Sanchez at Manchester United and Bale are examples of this.

The Internet
48 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

How is Chinese football paying that much money for wages?

I suppose there won't be many players on that, unlike Real Madrid, where many players will be on big wages. 

Newspapers saying Bale is on £1M per week! (still less than Messi - https://www.givemesport.com/1492719-gareth-bales-1mperweek-contract-in-china-is-still-less-than-lionel-messi-earns )

Chinese only allow 3 foreign players in a match day squad. All the Chinese lads are on a pittance (relatively) and the big money is kept for the names they get from Europe/South America.

Unknown user
17 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah and no, he's not popular in the dressing room from what I've read and the fans don't love him. A stronger bond with the club and the quadruple Champions League winner would be going nowhere. 

The Internet

Everton could be an outside bet to break into the top 6 if they manage to get Zaha and moise kean. Likely they'll end up with neither though :lol:

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Can't believe Juve are willing to let Moise Kean go.

i'm shocked at that as well

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Can't believe Juve are willing to let Moise Kean go.

Juventus want Icardi. So it could be that they felt that if they sign him and Ronaldo wanting to play up front it would limit Kean's playing time. So they sell him now, allowing him develop and they are wanting a buy back clause so it means that they can get him back in a few years stronger and better when they need it. Using the money from this transfer on Icardi.