rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Griezmann signs for Barca for *Insert stupid amount of money here*

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48967047

He has an 800M Euro buy out clause.

800M Euro

Eight  Hundred   Million    Euro

Some signing

They could truelly be the worlds greatest team and perhaps the best there's ever been next season

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• The Internet

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Some signing

They could truelly be the worlds greatest team and perhaps the best there's ever been next season

Think they need to replace Pique first.

But yeah, that attack is terrifying.

Bazzas right boot
On 05/07/2019 at 12:33, Barack said:

Was going to say them...but I thought they're overloaded with forwards now.

He's a glass-kneed donkey nowadays. 

A wonkey donkey? 😉

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

800M Euro

R Madrid have spent £300m so far as well. 

Neymar still to go to Barca as well. 😳

Think even A Madrid have spent £110m on a player. 

Mental. 

rudi must stay
16 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Think they need to replace Pique first.

But yeah, that attack is terrifying.

That's Barca's Achilles heel definatly. Can't understand why they don't play Vidal more

But I think with De Jonge there they have a guy that can release the forwards and create chances like Xavi and Iniesta did. He is incredibly comfortable on the ball and could be the star man

5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

That's Barca's Achilles heel definatly. Can't understand why they don't play Vidal more

But I think with De Jonge there they have a guy that can release the forwards and create chances like Xavi and Iniesta did. He is incredibly comfortable on the ball and could be the star man

With De Jong there and the forwards they have, with neymar maybe still to rejoin, get in a decent CB and they could be seriously frightening!

Maybe send them a highlight reel of soutar........£30m? Bargain for a ball playing CB 😆

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

So if Neymar signs is Messi going to drop back into the number 10 role or is it the end for Saurez ?

Think it may be a bit of succession building

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

So if Neymar signs is Messi going to drop back into the number 10 role or is it the end for Saurez ?

I'd say it's the end of Suarez

Fans want him gone and they can get big bucks for him

Midloth_Iain

St Mirren have signed Oan Djorkaeff - the son of France 1998 World Cup winner Youri Djorkaeff - on a one-year deal.

The midfielder, who has been training with the Scottish Premiership club during pre-season, joins following spells in France with St Etienne, Evian, Montpellier and Nantes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48969545

The Internet
1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

800M Euro

See Spanish clubs are obligated to put a buyout clause in so usually they'll set them mega high to put teams off. But nowadays you could see someone actually paying that :lol: won't be long until a player goes for that kind of money. 

16 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Rumours are we are pipping Hibs for Funso Ojo.

I have no idea about the guy but hope you get them ahead of Hibs just for the tears and snorters.

" But but but wee Ron said "

The Internet

Don't normally do this but Ojo sounds ideal for our midfield. Not going to pretend I know a lot about him though. 

Arsenal in new bid for Tierney and this time a more realistic offer it seems

If so he'll be off asp subject to his current injury situation

crichiejambos

Man Utd on the verge of a agreeing £80 million transfer of Harry MaGuire? Lewis Dunk £45 million to Leicester dearie me.......

LarrysRightFoot
30 minutes ago, crichiejambos said:

Man Utd on the verge of a agreeing £80 million transfer of Harry MaGuire? Lewis Dunk £45 million to Leicester dearie me.......

Thee single most overrated centre half in football 

9 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Ojo signs for the sheep.

Part of me wants him to be a player just to get it up hibs but there again would make Aberdeen stronger, if they also get McGeouch plus the guy Bryson that could be 3 good signings 

William H. Bonney
20 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

80 million is obscene for a footballer of his limited quality. He’s probably not even worth 8 million 

jamboinglasgow
20 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Yup, Celtic are mad to turn down that much money, if his injury problems are not more serious then he will do well at Arsenal.

1 hour ago, crichiejambos said:

It's not normal to have 2 deals for 2 bang average players linked with the fees truly showing the lunatics have taken over the asylum of football

Well done Ole..keep it up

Imagine Maguire costing more then van Dijk   😂

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, theshed said:

Part of me wants him to be a player just to get it up hibs but there again would make Aberdeen stronger, if they also get McGeouch plus the guy Bryson that could be 3 good signings 

‘I think this will close out the McGeouch option.

We are also linked with James Morrison (along with Hibs and Hearts) but I can’t see it.

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

What one ? :D £45m for Dunk is madness.

That league honestly disgusts me. So damaging to world football its unreal.

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

What one ? :D £45m for Dunk is madness.

That league honestly disgusts me. So damaging to world football its unreal.

English premier league is bad but the two in Spain are as bad if not worse click their fingers and everybody runs! 

Inch Hearts
21 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Yeah he’s gone I think. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

The transfer fees are a consequence of the wild inflation in the media rights. I've been reading a book recently which argues that Sky have consciously chosen from the outset of the EPL to grossly overpay for the rights, with the justification being that the more that they inflate the product, the more they can justify inflating the monthly subscription fees to watch it.

The clubs now have so much money, that it's a logical consequence that transfer fees and players wages will continue to rocket. Hence we have £45 million for decidedly average centre halves. Will it ever stop? Only if people stop paying monthly subs to watch football.

5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yeah he’s gone I think. 

I thought the latest was that the £25m being quoted was actually pie in the sky, probably coming from Celtic's PR machine?

5 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

The transfer fees are a consequence of the wild inflation in the media rights. I've been reading a book recently which argues that Sky have consciously chosen from the outset of the EPL to grossly overpay for the rights, with the justification being that the more that they inflate the product, the more they can justify inflating the monthly subscription fees to watch it.

The clubs now have so much money, that it's a logical consequence that transfer fees and players wages will continue to rocket. Hence we have £45 million for decidedly average centre halves. Will it ever stop? Only if people stop paying monthly subs to watch football

6 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

The clubs now have so much money, that it's a logical consequence that transfer fees and players wages will continue to rocket. Hence we have £45 million for decidedly average centre halves. Will it ever stop? Only if people stop paying monthly subs to watch football.

It’s madness relegated clubs from the premiership get a parachute payment 40million or there abouts being rewarded for being dogsh#t

33 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

It’s madness relegated clubs from the premiership get a parachute payment 40million or there abouts being rewarded for being dogsh#t

The parachute payment is a necessary evil, because the drop in income is such, that relegation would equal bankruptcy without it.

In simple terms, the clubs in the EPL have so much money, it's logical that transfer fees and players wages will increase hugely, because that is primarily how clubs spend their money. Especially given that they are virtually all now in either fully modernised or new stadia with state of the art training grounds.

Guest ToqueJambo
39 minutes ago, Biguche said:

I thought the latest was that the £25m being quoted was actually pie in the sky, probably coming from Celtic's PR machine?

I am sure there is solid interest in Tierney, but until these stories of massive EPL club Tierney bids (like any Morelas bids) appear in English papers written by England-based journalists I think it's safe to dismiss any actual amounts as mostly OF PR making use of their pet hacks in Scotland.

15 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

The parachute payment is a necessary evil, because the drop in income is such, that relegation would equal bankruptcy without it.

Hence they should live within their financial capacity.

Saint Jambo

Being reported that Celtic have now rejected the bid from Arsenal.

When another Scottish team reject a bid from the OF all we hear is if they think he is worth £Xm they need to pay him the salary of an £Xm player. oddly I am yet to see a single Celtic fan suggesting they need to immediately start paying Tierney £70k a week.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Being reported that Celtic have now rejected the bid from Arsenal.

When another Scottish team reject a bid from the OF all we hear is if they think he is worth £Xm they need to pay him the salary of an £Xm player. oddly I am yet to see a single Celtic fan suggesting they need to immediately start paying Tierney £70k a week.

Also there's no mention of him being "held back from his dream move" as would be reported if it was another Scottish team holding out from selling to the bigots

12 hours ago, Martin_T said:

I've been reading a book recently which argues that Sky have consciously chosen from the outset of the EPL to grossly overpay for the rights, with the justification being that the more that they inflate the product, the more they can justify inflating the monthly subscription fees to watch it.

Which book? 

5 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

45 million for Lewis Dunk! 😂 incredible .

Said the same thing last night. Take 30m off his and maguire’s Fees and that’s about right. Crazy 

WheatfieldWarrior
13 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

Hence they should live within their financial capacity.

They prefer to pay the parachute payments rather than have the bottom 8 clubs operate with tighter purse strings in case they get relegated.

The Internet
1 hour ago, Pagey said:

Said the same thing last night. Take 30m off his and maguire’s Fees and that’s about right. Crazy 

What makes maguire worth 50m but not 80m? Does it matter at all when you get to that level of cash? 

rudi must stay

Sheffield United have had a bid for Scotland striker Oli McBurnie rejected (£15 million)

Don't rate him that highly, but he's been called up by the national team, so interesting news I reckon he'd play there so that might be a good career move

Ibrahim Tall
4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Sheffield United have had a bid for Scotland striker Oli McBurnie rejected (£15 million)

Don't rate him that highly, but he's been called up by the national team, so interesting news I reckon he'd play there so that might be a good career move

Depends, Sheffield United will realistically be relegated this season so is 30 odd games and 4 or 5 goals at EPL level actually better than ~40 games and 20+ goals for a team that could get promoted in the championship?

Financially it’s probably a lot better but it’s debatable it’d improve him.

hmfc_liam06
37 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

What makes maguire worth 50m but not 80m? Does it matter at all when you get to that level of cash? 

It doesn't but folk still get hung up on them.

Find it amusing when people compare fees as well - "No way Maguire is worth £50m more than Rio Ferdinand"

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The players are worth what any buyer is prepared to pay for them. In the EPL the fees are inflated because the clubs have the money to spend.

1 minute ago, Martin_T said:

The players are worth what any buyer is prepared to pay for them. In the EPL the fees are inflated because the clubs have the money to spend.

And part of that is clubs like Crystal Palace or Leicester no longer have to sell. So its partly a £30 million or thereabouts premium as you say for no one needing to sell as well as having more to spend.

rudi must stay
35 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Depends, Sheffield United will realistically be relegated this season so is 30 odd games and 4 or 5 goals at EPL level actually better than ~40 games and 20+ goals for a team that could get promoted in the championship?

Financially it’s probably a lot better but it’s debatable it’d improve him.

Best league in the world.

Big target man

Earn his stripes

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And part of that is clubs like Crystal Palace or Leicester no longer have to sell. So its partly a £30 million or thereabouts premium as you say for no one needing to sell as well as having more to spend.

Yup and clubs habitually renew their top players contracts every year, indeed quite often players that are no longer required have their deals renewed if they are perceived to have intrinsic value. 

Relative value to past players is irrelevant. The only comparison that might be relevant, is the % the fee accounts for of the total spend across the whole market.