***Official Non-Hearts Summer 2019 Transfer Thread***

tartofmidlothian

3 hours ago, Ribble said:

Which book? 

I think you might like this book – "And the Sun Shines Now: How Hillsborough and the Premier League Changed Britain" by Adrian Tempany.

Start reading it for free: http://amzn.eu/9GcC9Jz

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• The Internet

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

I think you might like this book – "And the Sun Shines Now: How Hillsborough and the Premier League Changed Britain" by Adrian Tempany.

Start reading it for free: http://amzn.eu/9GcC9Jz

Doubt I will tbh 

26 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Doubt I will tbh 

The text in my reply is the automatically populated by sharing the link to the Kindle version. I wasn't personally suggesting as to whether you would like it or not.

FWIW I've quite enjoyed it so far. The author was in the Leppings Lane at Hillsborough and writes a very harrowing account of the crush in one of the early chapters.

George Boyd has signed for Peterborough.  No big deal, but thought I would mention it since someone threw his name into the ring a while back as someone we might consider :icon14:

44 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

The text in my reply is the automatically populated by sharing the link to the Kindle version. I wasn't personally suggesting as to whether you would like it or not.

FWIW I've quite enjoyed it so far. The author was in the Leppings Lane at Hillsborough and writes a very harrowing account of the crush in one of the early chapters.

No worries, if the book was just about his account of the events then I probably would enjoy it, the political diatribe either side of the event not so much.

10 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Delph to Everton for £10m could be the deal of the summer if they can keep him fit.

Strangely reasonable transfer fee.

Though age a factor perhaps (30 later this year). Still an England international. 

Thought Police
23 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

That would be fun if Hibs lost out on him.

Don’t think they’re that fussed about him. It’s McNulty and Omeonga they want back.

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Don’t think they’re that fussed about him. It’s McNulty and Omeonga they want back.

Ah bollix, Omeonga - that's who I was thinking of.

:facepalm:

weird one for Killie in that case...

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

Ah bollix, Omeonga - that's who I was thinking of.

:facepalm:

weird one for Killie in that case...

Omeonga was their most impressive player against us at Tynecastle (2nd game) I thought. We need a player in his position as well. 

Sevilla are having a very impressive transfer window, could well be in the mix for CL places in la liga this season, might also be worth a punt for the Europa League!

So far they have added the following 

Jules Kunde, Centre Half from Bordeaux, 22.5m

Munas Dabbur, Striker from RB Salzburg, 13.5m

Lucaos Ocampos left winger from Marseille, 13.5m

Diego Carlos centre half from Nantes,13.5m

Joan Jordan Centre MId from Eibar, 12.6m

Luuk De Jong striker form PSV, 11.25m

Oliver Torres centre mid from Porto, 10.8m

Max Wober centre half from Ajax, 9.45m

Fernando Def Mid (ex Man City) from Galatasary, 4m

Sergio Regulion left back from Real Madrid, Loan

Samuel Camazzola

I'm surprised there has not been as much interest in De Ligt. With the big fees being banded about, his price tag is achievable and looks more of a player than the average nobodies being paraded. 

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

I'm surprised there has not been as much interest in De Ligt. With the big fees being banded about, his price tag is achievable and looks more of a player than the average nobodies being paraded. 

i think he has decided which team he wanted to go to and other teams know this so did not really bid

Seen a huge transfer merry go round involving inter, basically they want to sign dzeko but won’t actually buy him because the knock on will be that Roma have the money to buy Higuian and that in turn gives Juve money to buy Icardi who inter want shot of but just not to Juve

chester copperpot
2 hours ago, Figo GMC said:

Farense have just paid sporting the £3.6m release clause for a certain R. Gauld 🙄

Naw, they didnae! 

Unknown user

2 hours ago, Figo GMC said:

Farense have just paid sporting the £3.6m release clause for a certain R. Gauld 🙄

As above, no they didn't! They signed him on a free after he was released and have put a 4 million euro (£3.6m) release clause on him

7 hours ago, Smithee said:

As above, no they didn't! They signed him on a free after he was released and have put a 4 million euro (£3.6m) release clause on him

Not according to the sky sports ticket.....wont lose any sleep either way

Sky were certainly reporting it that they had paid the release fee. I was quite shocked myself when I read it. The other version sounds much more plausable though given how poor he now is. 

40 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Steve Bruce takes over at Newcastle.

:rofl:Newcastle fans must be absolutely raging right now. 

tartofmidlothian
3 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

:rofl:Newcastle fans must be absolutely raging right now. 

Especially with the Chinese club Benitez joined splashing out for Rondon.

The Internet
1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Steve Bruce takes over at Newcastle.

:pleasing:

Love when the geordies are seething. No idea why. 

6 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

By the way there was big talk of a rich Arab takeover. A few people locally cast doubt on that at the time. And nothing more has come of it.

Mike Ashley could be there for quite a bit longer. 

The Internet
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

By the way there was big talk of a rich Arab takeover. A few people locally cast doubt on that at the time. And nothing more has come of it.

Mike Ashley could be there for quite a bit longer. 

I'm sure it turned out the guy was a chancer who had nowhere near as much wealth as he made out :lol: Ashley will be selling them as a championship club if this is the level of manager he's going for. 

5 hours ago, Bainy said:

Sky were certainly reporting it that they had paid the release fee. I was quite shocked myself when I read it. The other version sounds much more plausable though given how poor he now is. 

Sporting released him on a free to Ferenese in exchange for 50% of any future transfer

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I actually think he could do ok. Decent manager, his teams are always set up well defensively. And it's his boyhood club that's always worth something

Just now, rudi must stay said:

I actually think he could do ok. Decent manager, his teams are always set up well defensively. And it's his boyhood club that's always worth something

It is.

And such a big Newcastle fan he managed Sunderland.

Which if it goes at all badly will dog him. 

Ryan Hardie on loan at Livingston last season has signed for Blackpool.

Another Rangers youngster not getting a chance there. 

54 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ryan Hardie on loan at Livingston last season has signed for Blackpool.

Another Rangers youngster not getting a chance there. 

He's a good player imo. Maybe one of those that drops and plays himself into a move to a biggish team.

Typical Rangers though, why bother giving the kid a chance eh. Why any Scottish player, at any age or stage in career, ever wants to play for them is baffling

2 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Hobos sign Josh Vela seen his name on Gillette soccer Saturday with Jeff a few times

Every signing they make seems to be announced with beat other clubs to his signature.

manaliveits105

He was worth the wait says Feckingbottom 

aye wait till Ojo says do one then look for someone else

trumpet

Inch Hearts
41 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Every signing they make seems to be announced with beat other clubs to his signature.

Isnt that the same with all players everywhere? I’m sure hearts beat loads of teams to Washington for instance. 

7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Isnt that the same with all players everywhere? I’m sure hearts beat loads of teams to Washington for instance. 

I quote liked the Records report though " according to Hibs they beat off others "

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

You must have a good memory.

Screenshot_20190717-181325_Chrome.jpg

Don't believe everything you read on wiki clown he played last few seasons at Bolton 

ginger jambo98
4 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Don't believe everything you read on wiki clown he played last few seasons at Bolton 

Wiki stats look accurate. Showing that he played 160 times from 2011 up to now with 7 appearance whilst out on loan in 2014.

Did i say goals?He's mentioned him many times for all sorts of reasons including the fact he was decent in a bad bolton team,can't see anywhere that i mentioned goals 

If you want to be bitchy I've seen him on a few things info bar being one -Jeff mentions him a lot i have no reason to say this apart from the only other bolton player ive heard of is Wheater ,not saying they're good just I've heard the names amongst a shit bolton team 👍

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

You're getting very touchy about a question, rory.

I only said you had a good memory. Can't imagine why Jeff would waste his air-time talking about Bolton anyway. Luckily for us, this chap has now signed for Hibs. Pretty much guaranteeing Jeff'll never utter his name again.

👍🏻

Hope so 👍 hopefully he's utter gash

will-i-am-a-jambo
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

How in the ****, do the Steve Bruce's of this world, keep falling on their feet and landing these jobs?

He's a horrendous choice. Boosts Newcastle odds to be in the relegation battle now, surely.

It's unbelievable isn't it?! That the same crap managers keeping getting these jobs. Alan Pardew, Tony Pulis, Sam Allardyce, Alan Curbishly etc the list is endless.

7 signings for Hibs and I think he still wants a couple more.Going to be hard to gel them into a team I would imagine

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

7 signings for Hibs and I think he still wants a couple more.Going to be hard to gel them into a team I would imagine

Less than us last season and we seemed to get pretty quickly.

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Less than us last season and we seemed to get pretty quickly.

Really I must have lost count

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, rory78 said:

Hobos sign Josh Vela seen his name on Gillette soccer Saturday with Jeff a few times

Really? He hasn’t scored since 2017 :rofl:

Inch Hearts
2 hours ago, rory78 said:

I can say without a doubt I’ve never heard of the guy. Soccer Sat or not. 

16 minutes ago, Barack said:

Read a stat, that he's been in employment every calendar year since 1998.

Staggering.

Newcastle fans' must be going tonto. :lol:

pray for silver

ay_107928521-e1366025109881.jpg?quality=