***Official Non-Hearts Summer 2019 Transfer Thread***

tartofmidlothian

The Internet
1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

Levein oot. Am I doing it right :D

It was coming, might as well get it out there. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• The Internet

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Levein oot. Am I doing it right :D

The negativity police will come down on you like a ton of bricks “taking a thread off topic, you were warned” “can you stop infesting every thread with your AGENDA” etc etc 😃

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It was coming, might as well get it out there. 

My work is done here, NEXT 🥴

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Not sure about Man Utd , tbh?

Think it’s a big mistake not getting another forward in, at least. 

I think only signing James, McGuire and wan-bissska is a poor window especially with Lukaku gone and Pogba could go. Can't understand why they did go all out for Fernandes.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

The good thing about this summer has been the fact Everton, Wolves, Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd look much much stronger.

For Liverpool to win the league  they need stronger teams to take points off City as I cannot see Liverpool getting 97 points again.

Hopefully be a livelier League this season as it was a bit of a procession even though it was exciting for City and LFC fans.

Think arsenal are a bit weaker. 

Captain replaced with Luiz. 

Ramsey replaced with Barca loan guy. 

Perez is an upgrade. 

Not sure they are better off. 

Man utd look nothing special either. 

Spurs are as is. 

Chelsea have lost Hazzard

City and Liverpool still well ahead imo, could be more tbh. 

36 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Not sure about Man Utd , tbh?

Think it’s a big mistake not getting another forward in, at least. 

The midfield is pretty rank compared to quite a few in the league now.Also they don't have any proven 20 goal striker now that Lukaku has gone.

35 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Perez is an upgrade. 

Spurs are as is. 

you mean madrid loan guy not barcelona one

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you mean madrid loan guy not barcelona one

Aye, him. 

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Noticed Hutton was freed by Villa too.

Anyone? :D

.... I'd take him as a winger or a wing back. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Perez is an upgrade. 

Spurs are as is. 

Arsenal also brought in pepe who could be a great buy

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Arsenal also brought in pepe who could be a great buy

Lol, by Perez I meant Pepe. 

Eejit.

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Perez is an upgrade. 

Spurs are as is. 

If you dont think Arsenal have improved then you should give up posting I'm afraid. 

Pepe is a great wee player and whether you like it or not, Luiz and Tierney will improve that bomb scare of a defence. 

P.s Kocielny despite being their captain was and is shite. 

Luiz can be a bomb scare at times but he's defo an improvement. 

Edited by chester copperpot

The Old Tolbooth
18 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

If you dont think Arsenal have improved then you should give up posting I'm afraid. 

Pepe is a great wee player and whether you like it or not, Luiz and Tierney will improve that bomb scare of a defence. 

Come on now Chester, you can't slate someone for making a wild accusation when you've stated yourself that Man Utd have improved 😂😂

chester copperpot
1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Come on now Chester, you can't slate someone for making a wild accusation when you've stated yourself that Man Utd have improved 😂😂

Scoring goals under Solskjaer was never really a problem. Lukaku was shite for him.

Maguire will improve that minging defence.

Alright maybe not massive strides which I may add I am delighted about but have strengthened. 

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i think liverpool are one player away from winning the title. a midfielder who can produce that bit of magic. ala coutinho, shaquiri was bought for that but has not lived up to his ability

They are also going to struggle if they get any long term injuries to their top players.

They have been lucky the last couple of seasons.If their luck runs out they could struggle big time.

The Old Tolbooth

Scoring goals under Solskjaer was never really a problem. Lukaku was shite for him.

Maguire will improve that minging defence.

Alright maybe not massive strides which I may add I am delighted about but have strengthened. 

Pogba wants away too, ifbhebleaved they're seriously short in the middle, they still have Jones and Smalling mind, and under Ole Gunnar Fraudster, they're going nowhere quickly, which is rather pleasing 😁

Wan Bissaka I like, I think he's a cracking prospect, but £80m for McGuire, no danger 😂😂😂

Pogba wants away too, ifbhebleaved they're seriously short in the middle, they still have Jones and Smalling mind, and under Ole Gunnar Fraudster, they're going nowhere quickly, which is rather pleasing 😁

Wan Bissaka I like, I think he's a cracking prospect, but £80m for McGuire, no danger 😂😂😂

Looking for Rashford to buck up his ideas as well.

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, benny said:

They are also going to struggle if they get any long term injuries to their top players.

They have been lucky the last couple of seasons.If their luck runs out they could struggle big time.

Lucky in the last couple of seasons? Liverpool played  the last 2 months of 17/18 season with no midfield and were seriously short in the CL final against Real, and in February last season, they had a real defensive crisis and I couldn't believe they let Clyne go out on loan, it was as a result of that, that they started to drop he points which handed City the title, I honestly thought they were out of Europe against Munich and somehow turned that tie around. 

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, benny said:

Looking for Rashford to buck up his ideas as well.

He's definitely got it in him, I think he's a cracking player. 

chester copperpot
2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I dont think 80m is value for money. 5m more than VVD :lol:

he will improve that cluster **** of a defence though. If Pogba downs tools though I can see them falling behind the bin dippers.

I honestly think more teams need to be taking points off Man city (and inevitably ourselves) for Liverpool to win the league. That was more my point than them improving drastically. 

happy to admit though you were right about Lolskjaer and I was wrong. 

wish we had brought back Coutinho but it wasnt to be. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Improved, maybe but enough to trouble the top 2?  They might be slightly better off overall but losing  Ramsey weakens them, losing their best defender weakens them.

Pepe is a great signing on paper, but they really needed at least one good defender before losing Kocielny and still need a defensive midfielder imo.

Going forward they have goals, but that hasn't been where they've need to spend serious money.

I expect Arsenal still to be soft as shite as the back when playing the top teams, especially the top 2. They might make the top 4 at the expense of Chelsea this season.

If Arsenal do better it will more likely be because Chelsea are not as good and Man Utd have done little to indicate they can improve significantly. Can't see anyone, apart from  maybe Spurs getting anywhere near the top 2 over the season.

Lucky in the last couple of seasons? Liverpool played  the last 2 months of 17/18 season with no midfield and were seriously short in the CL final against Real, and in February last season, they had a real defensive crisis and I couldn't believe they let Clyne go out on loan, it was as a result of that, that they started to drop he points which handed City the title, I honestly thought they were out of Europe against Munich and somehow turned that tie around. 

None of the above are in the quality of their top players.

Don't kid yourself on that they were in the running for the league 17/18 season.Clyne ffs.

chester copperpot
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Improved, maybe but enough to trouble the top 2?  They might be slightly better off overall but losing  Ramsey weakens them, losing their best defender weakens them.

Pepe is a great signing on paper, but they really needed at least one good defender before losing Kocielny and still need a defensive midfielder imo.

Going forward they have goals, but that hasn't been where they've need to spend serious money.

I expect Arsenal still to be soft as shite as the back when playing the top teams, especially the top 2. They might make the top 4 at the expense of Chelsea this season.

If Arsenal do better it will more likely be because Chelsea are not as good and Man Utd have done little to indicate they can improve significantly. Can't see anyone, apart from  maybe Spurs getting anywhere near the top 2 over the season.

I didnt say trouble the top 2, maybe pose more of a threat to Man City though, especially at home. 

Man city gubbed them 2-0 easily at the Etihad last season.

I am just hoping more teams throw more of a threat to Man City otherwise they will stroll away with this league this season IMO. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I didnt say trouble the top 2, maybe pose more of a threat to Man City though, especially at home. 

I am just hoping more teams throw more of a threat to Man City otherwise they will stroll away with this league this season IMO. 

I think you'll be proved correct.

24 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

It's Liverpool's league winning season ……..honestly  😉

There will be no stroll for Manchester City and last weekend showed that

City have lost Sane for the season and that will impact upon them even before the season starts

chester copperpot
3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

City have lost Sane for the season and that will impact upon them even before the season starts

Liverpool played well against City last year, no doubt.

It's all the other teams I worry about. Just think we will lose more points.

Historically teams who have not strengthened have struggled the 2nd season with the same players.

Felt Liverpool could have done with a Naismith type (obviously a slightly higher level, only slightly though ;) ) to take them that little bit higher.

Liverpool played well against City last year, no doubt.

It's all the other teams I worry about. Just think we will lose more points.

Historically teams who have not strengthened have struggled the 2nd season with the same players.

Felt Liverpool could have done with a Naismith type (obviously a slightly higher level, only slightly though ;) ) to take them that little bit higher.

In terms of signing a big name player they have not strengthened

However the Ox is back and Gomez fit once more. The squad has been improved as a result...and not forgetting Keita who when fit will be a very good player. He was just starting to show when he got injured at the end of the season

11 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Sane on his day is a great player but he hardly started for City in the last 2 months of last season.

City coped without KDB for most of the season so I would imagine they will cope without Leroy.

Sterling and Bernardo Silva getting injured would be a bigger problem.

Loving how you all write Chelsea off, still think certs to be above Manure and Arsenal ( esp with Mikey's centre defence partnership of Luiz and Tierney not that it will be).

Unknown user
3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i think liverpool are one player away from winning the title. a midfielder who can produce that bit of magic. ala coutinho, shaquiri was bought for that but has not lived up to his ability

I'm sure I've read Shaqiri confirming in interview that he was brought in as back up

Edited by Smithee

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, benny said:

None of the above are in the quality of their top players.

Don't kid yourself on that they were in the running for the league 17/18 season.Clyne ffs.

Point being they had no cover at right back at all and had to start Camacho, who was miles out of his depth, that led to losing goals and dropping points. Tbf though, the young Dutch lad Hoever looks a right good player covering for Robertson, still short of cover for Arnold though. 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

There's no doubt in my mind that City are the best team with the best bench in the league mate, they really should be winning it again, but then so should Bayern Munich when Klopp won 2 titles with Dortmund 😉

It's a funny old game...

Dallas Green
2 hours ago, skeddy1604 said:

Crystal Palace announce McCarthy 

Check out @EPLBible’s Tweet:

😂😂😂😂😂

Inch Hearts
2 hours ago, skeddy1604 said:

Crystal Palace announce McCarthy 

Check out @EPLBible’s Tweet:

Decent tbf.  

rudi must stay

Very interesting and very good day transfer wise for Arsenal.

Tierney has the potential to be the best left back in the league in my opinion and that wouldn't shock me at all. If I was Celtic I wouldn't have sold him for double that, his attitude and ability are spot on 

Luiz is an interesting one too, written off but you don't play in the games he has if you're a bad player

The Internet

Kyle McAlister rejoins St mirren on a 3 year deal. Didn't work for him down south but thought he looked very good last season. 

The Internet
19 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Wilfried Bony: The Premier League striker and League Two side Newport

'He's a 30-year-old international striker who just five years ago signed for champions Manchester City for £28m.

But now, without a club after being released by Swansea City, Wilfried Bony is training with League Two Newport.

He played four times as Ivory Coast reached the quarter-finals of the Africa Cup of Nations this summer - a tournament he won in 2015.

In a social media post Newport boss Mike Flynn said it was "great" to have Bony training with his players.

Flynn added: "Excellent work ethic, professionalism and standards. Boys will take a lot from this."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49324968

Get him in. 

On 09/08/2019 at 00:58, rudi must stay said:

Tierney has the potential to be the best left back in the league in my opinion and that wouldn't shock me at all. If I was Celtic I wouldn't have sold him for double that, his attitude and ability are spot on 

Bollocks. He's made of glass and its not an achievement looking good in the Scottish Premiership. 

J.T.F.Robertson

I see Man City have been fined £315k for some transfer shenanigans. They'll be bankrupt soon at that rate. :mw_rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I see Man City have been fined £315k for some transfer shenanigans. They'll be bankrupt soon at that rate. :mw_rolleyes:

Chelsea's current transfer ban is for the same offence. Man City avoided a ban possibly as they pled Guilty. 

J.T.F.Robertson
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Chelsea's current transfer ban is for the same offence. Man City avoided a ban possibly as they pled Guilty. 

Chelsea mustn't have thrown in an apology, that's what will have done them in. :P

1 minute ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Chelsea mustn't have thrown in an apology, that's what will have done them in. :P

And they've been even more impolite

They have appealed 

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think Chelsea had 29 offences compared to the 1 for City.

I'm going to just mention something about loans. Loan fees. Not something that is mentioned. So for example did Rangers pay Liverpool anything to take Ryan Kent? A player Liverpool now looking for £10 million for and it is said will not loan to anyone. 

What I do know is that some clubs do charge fees. Although it hasn't been said directly, statements by both Arsenal and Leeds would suggest that Leeds have paid Arsenal anything up to £2 million to take promising English forward Eddie Nketiah on loan for the season.